We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game

Go down 
+7
masofdas
The_Jaster
Jimbob
JayMoyles
Athrun888
OrangeRakoon
Buskalilly
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game Empty
PostSubject: I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game   I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game EmptyMon 10 Sep 2018 - 6:02

I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game 2000px-International_Pok%C3%A9mon_logo.svg

You might have heard that Luke Loves It. He bloody does, you know. He's played a bloody lot of them, too, and doesn't really count them among other, lesser JRPGs.

As for Vote Threads . . . Luke's feelings are mixed. They're kind of fun but a lot of work and they can be a bit much. But Luke's an absolute top lad, so he's gonna do it because you lot demanded it.

RULES

• PM Your votes to me
  • Include comments, the enjoyment of these things is sharing our thoughts and having discussions. Only tedious nerds get obsessed with the minutiae of putting things in order and the numerical values we assign.
  • MAIN SERIES GAMES:
    Pokémon Red & Blue
    Pokémon Yellow
    Pokémon Gold, Silver & Crystal
    Pokémon Ruby, Sapphire & Emerald
    Pokémon Fire Red & Leaf Green
    Pokémon Diamond, Pearl and Platinum
    Pokémon Heart Gold & Soul Silver
    Pokémon Black & White
    Pokémon Black 2 & White 2
    Pokémon X & Y
    Pokémon Sun, Moon, Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon

• SPIN OFF GAMES:
    Any officially licensed Pokémon game. Does not include Smash Bros or any other Nintendo property in which Pokémon have cameo appearances. Obviously. Don't be a pedantic dick.

CATEGORIES

• Best Main Series Pokémon Game
    5 Votes, 1st place is 5 points and 5th is 1
  • Best Spin-off game
    5 Votes, 1st place is 5 points and 5th is 1
    Best Pokémon Game
    10 Votes, 1st place is 10 points and 10th is 1
  • Favourite Pokémon
    6 Votes, of equal weight

CLOSING DATE: OCTOBER 11TH
That's one whole month. No complaining.

Obviously, taglines and promotion appreciated.

Original Discussion:

Last edited by Drunkalilly on Wed 12 Sep 2018 - 2:41; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game   I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game EmptyMon 10 Sep 2018 - 12:30

I want an overall vote so I can upset you all by putting spinoffs above the main series
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game   I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game EmptyMon 10 Sep 2018 - 14:21

Well Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky is way better than the main series (unless you just can't stand rogue-likes). Actual difficulty, great whimsical music, and a story that starts off seemingly more childish than the main series before it goes full-on with the feels (one of them ain't called darkness for nothing!).
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game   I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game EmptyMon 10 Sep 2018 - 16:14

Drunkalilly wrote:

I'm thinking overall Top Ten, a Top Three spin-offs and a Top Three Main Series.

Aye, this one works best I reckon. I'm also down for a Top Five Favourite Pokémon category too. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game   I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game EmptyMon 10 Sep 2018 - 20:24

I quite like Pokemon Quest. Should I still vote?
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game   I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game EmptyMon 10 Sep 2018 - 20:47

I've played Pokemans conquest for like an hour so....that get's my vote. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game   I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game EmptyMon 10 Sep 2018 - 21:10

I've not played much of the spin-offs and I do view Red, Blue, Green and Yellow as the same game the same with the next gen and so on
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game   I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game EmptyMon 10 Sep 2018 - 21:18

Yass!  I am well up for this, and I think it's good timing for it as well. Grin My suggestions, take or leave them:

Drunkalilly wrote:
I'm thinking overall Top Ten, a Top Three spin-offs and a Top Three Main Series.
Or should we skip the overall one and do two Top Fives?

I think that a main ten is good.  I'd definitely stick some of the spin-offs near the top. Could probably do Top Five Spin-Offs to be honest.

Drunkalilly wrote:
Where do Coliseum and XD fit into that?

Spin-offs - but, y'know, really good spin-offs.

Drunkalilly wrote:
With main series games, do we count Red, Blue, Green, Yellow as one game? What differentiates a Version enough to make it a distinct game?

I'd say Gold & Silver are together, Crystal separate, Heart Gold & Soul Silver separate (but together... er).  If they were released at once, count 'em as one game.

Drunkalilly wrote:
I reckon I'll include some kind of vote for Best Pokémon as well. It probably won't give us an actual result, but it might show us a surprising popular 'mon, and it'll help me sneakily accrue comments which I can later pretend are listener interaction on LLP.

Shrug. I was planning on doing some discussion on favourite and least-favourite 'Mons on a gen.-by-gen. basis closer to launch of Let's Go!, but there's room for an overarching vote too.  I just don't think we'll get anywhere close to a consensus, but you've anticipated that, so!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game   I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game EmptyTue 11 Sep 2018 - 0:08

JayMoyles wrote:

Aye, this one works best I reckon. I'm also down for a Top Five Favourite Pokémon category too. Thumbs Up!

I mean, it'd have to be top six, right?

Jimbob wrote:
I quite like Pokemon Quest. Should I still vote?

Yeah boi! I actually don't mind quest either.

Balladeer wrote:

I'd say Gold & Silver are together, Crystal separate, Heart Gold & Soul Silver separate (but together... er).  If they were released at once, count 'em as one game.
I don't fully agree, I don't think most of the third versions changed enough that it's worth splitting the vote. For my money, Yellow version and B&W2 are separate from R&B and B&W respectively, but anything else can be lumped in with the others.

Robert Ballatheon, First of His Name wrote:

Shrug.  I was planning on doing some discussion on favourite and least-favourite 'Mons on a gen.-by-gen. basis closer to launch of Let's Go!, but there's room for an overarching vote too.  I just don't think we'll get anywhere close to a consensus, but you've anticipated that, so!
Yeah, i'm just thinking it'd be a laugh and this shouldn't see us stepping on eachothers toes.

Okay, cool, I'll finalise my thoughts and update the first post later.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game   I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game EmptyTue 11 Sep 2018 - 5:34

Thinking about it you might be right about yellow due it forcing you to start with Pikachu. Black and White 2 are certainly there own games unlike a Platinum also remakes like HeartGold are different to Gold that to me it's

Red, Blue, Green
Yellow
Gold, Silver, Crystal
Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald
Diamond, Pearl, Platinum
Black and White
Black and White 2
X, Y
Sun and Moon, Ultra Sun and Moon
Fire Red, Leaf Green
Heart Gold, Soul Silver
Omega Ruby, Alpha Sapphire
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game   I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game EmptyTue 11 Sep 2018 - 15:29

I'm inclined to agree with Mas' list, although I've not played USUM and I don't really know either way.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game   I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game EmptyTue 11 Sep 2018 - 15:34

I think Zero said it was rather barebones of a upgrade.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game   I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game EmptyTue 11 Sep 2018 - 19:04

Y'all probably know better than I do, to be fair.  I've only played two 'third versions': Yellow and Platinum.  Thing is, Platinum raised what I felt was actually a pretty mediocre generation to possibly being one of my favourites.  Meanwhile it sounds like USUM did pretty much the opposite.

Ultimately I don't care much either way, though.  I'm more concerned with trying to think up my top Pokémon.  How many choices for that?  Ten?  It's surprisingly tough!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game   I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game EmptyTue 11 Sep 2018 - 21:55

Drunkalilly wrote:
JayMoyles wrote:

I mean, it'd have to be top six, right?

Well, of course!

Aye, I'm happy enough to roll with Mas's list as well with US&UM being the only question mark on there for me due to simply not knowing enough about them.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game   I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game EmptyWed 12 Sep 2018 - 2:44

It hath begun!

And Cappa has already hit me up with a top ten, before I'd even finalised the votes Laughing

I can extrapolate his separate top fives from that list easily enough, but obviously actually dividing into the four votes is appreciated from everyone else.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game   I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game EmptyWed 12 Sep 2018 - 10:51

I'll PM you the rest of the stuff soon!

Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game   I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game EmptyWed 12 Sep 2018 - 21:22

Did my votes send? I can't see the sent PM :/
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game   I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game EmptyWed 12 Sep 2018 - 22:13

It'll be in your outbox if Drunka's not actually seen it yet. Thumbs Up!

I'll fire mine across tomorrow. Smile
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game   I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game EmptyThu 13 Sep 2018 - 0:25

I'm not seeing a new message :/
Might need to try again.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game   I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game EmptyThu 13 Sep 2018 - 18:11

Sent mine over
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game   I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game EmptyMon 17 Sep 2018 - 10:44

I have too, incidentally. My top six monsters included one that surprised even me.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game   I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game EmptyMon 17 Sep 2018 - 23:36

I sat down to draft my votes up this evening and it turns out that I've a lot more to say about Pokémon than I'd thought, so hang fire for my votes for the time being. I see you've given us a very generous deadline though, so all should be well. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game   I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game EmptySun 30 Sep 2018 - 10:57

It's not just Balla that has seen this Drunka
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game   I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game EmptyMon 1 Oct 2018 - 12:37

Some of those placings look very good to me. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game   I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game EmptyThu 4 Oct 2018 - 16:45

Before I finalise my list I need to get something clear.  Are third versions being counted separately or being lumped with their (often fairly inferior) predecessors?  Because my list changes quite dramatically if Platinum is unable to be voted on its own (given it feels like a Game of the Year Directors Cut Edition compared to the predecessors that feel like beta versions that were rushed out the door for a quick buck.)

Probably seems like a minor thing to get all anal about, but given Platinum's easily my favourite Pokemon game while diamond and pearl are so tedious they're right down the bottom with Sun and Moon, yeah, need some clarification before I write up my list. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game   I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game Empty

Back to top Go down

I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next