Splatoon... Splatoon... SPLATOOOOON

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fire Emblem Nokia N-Gage

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Reggie
masofdas

Fire Emblem Nokia N-Gage Empty
PostSubject: Fire Emblem Nokia N-Gage   Fire Emblem Nokia N-Gage EmptyTue 13 Sep 2022 - 18:57

Opened the direct and the game I'm most looking forward to, as FE might be one of my favourite series now. I kinda like the idea of Emblems being characters from other games, yet I can see it being where the new characters get outshined by Marth.

I would also think after seeing this and the leaks, GUST are involved with this as when you do see Ryza 3 you can certainly see the similarities.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Dark Sun
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Nokia N-Gage   Fire Emblem Nokia N-Gage EmptyWed 14 Sep 2022 - 10:28

I seem to like every other Fire Emblem. I loved Awakening, found Fates somewhat obnoxious. I really got on with Three Houses, but the weirdly J-Pop aesthethic and the VR Troopers haircut in this one rub me the wrong way. Would love to be proven wrong, but I'm more likely to do some other paths in TH than to pick up Engage.

(Yes, I know Echoes came out between Fates and Three Houses but it was a remake or whatever.)
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Reggie
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Nokia N-Gage   Fire Emblem Nokia N-Gage EmptyWed 14 Sep 2022 - 10:42

I saw a Power Rangers comparison with the morphing type action to join with Marth but can see the VR troopers look.
Back to top Go down
Kriken
Layton's Apprentice
Kriken

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Nokia N-Gage   Fire Emblem Nokia N-Gage EmptyWed 14 Sep 2022 - 18:06

No silent protagonist this time around. Good.

Hoping and expecting some refinements to what we saw in Three Houses. Like more interesting mechanics and better battle animations. I liked the graphics in Three Houses but there was a lack of cohesion and polish in some areas. Some actual map design would be nice as well. TH used like the same 6 maps which were largely open areas.

I've liked most of the FE games - including the remakes which are among the best ones - and I like Intelligent Systems in general so I'm expecting another good one.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Nokia N-Gage   Fire Emblem Nokia N-Gage EmptyWed 14 Sep 2022 - 18:13

masofdas wrote:
I kinda like the idea of Emblems being characters from other games, yet I can see it being where the new characters get outshined by Marth.

I think the new characters will still have the focus with the older characters being like Personas of sorts.

I was initially a bit unsure on the nostalgia fest style showing with classic characters returning, but I heard this was meant to be part of the 30th anniversary celebrations, so that makes some sense. All in all, more Fire Emblem is good news to me. I just hope they keep the more grounded characterisation and supports from FE:TH in place and avoid delving into the absolute misery that was Fates's writing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Nokia N-Gage   Fire Emblem Nokia N-Gage EmptyWed 14 Sep 2022 - 19:36

It's time I gave Fire Emblem another shot, I reckon - playing on Casual Mode like the sort of person who'll start an entire Pikmin day again because he didn't find a fruit today, even though he has 21 in the bank. I can't say the trailer filled me with hope (let alone three of them), and nor did the knowledge that Mx. Joycon-Hair was designed by a VTuber designer, but I'll keep an eye on this and see if I can jump back in.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Nokia N-Gage   Fire Emblem Nokia N-Gage EmptyWed 14 Sep 2022 - 20:02

Balladeer wrote:
and nor did the knowledge that Mx. Joycon-Hair was designed by a VTuber designer

This is the least surprising bit of news I've read in a while. Laughing

I do enjoy that the protagonist is being nicknamed online as "toothpaste-chan" for his dumb hairdo. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Reggie
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Nokia N-Gage   Fire Emblem Nokia N-Gage EmptyWed 14 Sep 2022 - 20:42

JayMoyles wrote:
masofdas wrote:
I kinda like the idea of Emblems being characters from other games, yet I can see it being where the new characters get outshined by Marth.

I think the new characters will still have the focus with the older characters being like Personas of sorts.

Hope so but I can see it now, but I want to romance Lyn not the new girl Chloe.

Edit
Lots of TotK breakdown videos, but here is one on FEE which touches on the leak again, which all seems true

Interesting info on some of the heroes coming back here and which ones like Lyn
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Nokia N-Gage   Fire Emblem Nokia N-Gage Empty

Back to top Go down

Fire Emblem Nokia N-Gage
Page 1 of 1