We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy

Go down 
+10
Muss
Buskalilly
NintenDUCK
The_Jaster
Crumpy Andy
shanks
fronkhead
Jimbob
Balladeer
Athrun888
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy Empty
PostSubject: Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy   Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy EmptyTue 12 Jun 2018 - 17:11

Did we already have a thread before we knew the name? Fuck it I don't care.

Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy   Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy EmptyTue 12 Jun 2018 - 18:22

I look forward to hearing more about this en route to its release. Felt the trailer was enjoyable for what it was, showing off plenty of polish. 3 Houses lends itself to some interesting plot permutations; maybe they're taking inspiration from the Romance of the Three Kingdoms stuff? Time will tell but I'm intrigued.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy   Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy EmptyTue 12 Jun 2018 - 18:26

With the talk of houses specifically, I got some Thrones vibes. Either way, I'm very much up for some FE on my Switch. More than enough time has passed since I got really into one.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy   Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy EmptyTue 12 Jun 2018 - 19:12

This was the highlight of the show, shame it's not 2019 and 2018 but take your time and all that. I was thinking the same Thrones when I read houses.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy   Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy EmptyTue 12 Jun 2018 - 23:41

I love how you can see whole armies during battle scenes as it always felt a bit silly when you were fighting these colossal country spanning wars with a ragtag band of mercenaries. Visually, it felt like they'd drawn a bit of influence from Warriors, but maybe that's purely coincidental. Down for this, natch.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy   Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy EmptyWed 13 Jun 2018 - 0:45

I got the Warriors vibe a little, yeah. I get it, the characters are like generals I guess with soldiers as their health bar?

We're not getting a new Advance Wars, are we?
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy   Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy EmptyWed 13 Jun 2018 - 3:31

Nice! Haven't seen a promo that promising since the early Echoes promotional material, and while I may bash the game for crapping its pants in the final act and some of the worst level design in recent FE history (no small feat considering it came right after Revelation) that was a remake of a franchise black sheep and this is a new game.

Here's hoping they're moving away from the crappy pandering nonsense that plagued Fates and back to more interesting things. As long as the map designs are up to snuff I'm on board regardless, but it would be so awesome if we could get a game that combined the level design complexity of Conquest with the story presentation and tone of Echoes first 2 acts.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy   Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy EmptyWed 13 Jun 2018 - 18:33

"Only you as *INSERT AVATAR NAME HERE* can unite all three houses by playing the face stroking minigame with each house leader. Make sure to buy each campaign at £29.99 each to follow each house's story to completion!"
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy   Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy EmptyThu 14 Feb 2019 - 18:30

Hmm. Not sure if this trailer made me more or less worried about the game. The school setting is so overused and can be easily abused for generic and incredibly boring pandering, but at the same time they're taking the franchise in a new direction in ways that look a hell of a lot more thought-out than the cluster-bleep that was Fates stupid "My Castle" nonsense.

Still Fire Emblem games live and die by the quality of the actual maps, and since they gave absolutely no information about that aspect of the game I can't really pin down my opinions. It looks interesting, and by interesting I mean "I'm intrigued enough by what I've seen to give it a go", but I'm still as lukewarm to the game as ever.

Still, it did pin down one thing. Now I have a fixed date to get my Switch bought.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy   Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy EmptyThu 14 Feb 2019 - 19:18

Athrun888 wrote:
Still, it did pin down one thing.  Now I have a fixed date to get my Switch bought.  

Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy Tenor

Getting a strong Team Valor/Mystic/Instinct feel here, although the Hogwarts influences are even stronger, natch.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy   Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy EmptyThu 14 Feb 2019 - 19:32

#TeamBlackEagles
Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy DzWCfKQUcAEAJ2S
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy   Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy EmptyThu 14 Feb 2019 - 19:41

Stuff you, House Leicester all the way. Come on the foxes!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy   Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy EmptyThu 14 Feb 2019 - 19:51

Athrun888 wrote:

Still Fire Emblem games live and die by the quality of the actual maps

Nah it's how we can pair the students up
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy   Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy EmptyFri 15 Feb 2019 - 2:33

I wonder which enterprising merch store will be the first to put out a Leicester football shirt/ fire emblem mashup? And we had Arsenals in Daemon X Machina as well. I'm looking forward to Super Mario Hotspur and The Legen of Zelda: Curse of Mourinho.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy   Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy EmptyFri 15 Feb 2019 - 20:19

I'm holding out for Stokémon.
Back to top Go down
Kriken
Layton's Apprentice
Kriken

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy   Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy EmptyFri 15 Feb 2019 - 20:29

The first reveal of the game got me intrigued and overall I liked what I saw in the latest Direct. Good to see the series go in a fresh new direction. I like how the battles look.

For the most part I'd say I've enjoyed the new Fire Emblem games. Had a bit of a love/hate relationship with Awakening but eventually came to terms with what it did to the series. There was still an enjoyable game there for me. Then with Fates Conquest, despite the story being weaker there was a return to a more traditional level-to-level structure which brought the focus back to the resource-management and difficulty of previous games, and refined the new mechanics.

Then I think I enjoyed Echoes just as much. Simpler game but with more varied gameplay and a much nicer aesthetic, more reminiscent of the classic games but better. Enjoyed the story, characters and voice acting a fair bit too. In regards to its level design which was mentioned earlier - at least in regards to battle maps, they seem to be 1:1 with the original game, which I tried for a bit. For me, some of the later dungeons dragged on a bit, and I gave up on the post-game dungeon because I got fed up.

I'll have to join Edelgard's House which I had to look up the name of - the Black Eagles.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy   Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy EmptySun 17 Feb 2019 - 17:24

Seconding Kriken's enjoyment of Echoes. For me, the fact that game was simpler in terms of its mechanics made it a better game than the other 3DS Fire Emblem titles. Those games suffered from feeling bloated, particularly Fates. Adding in multiple routes, child and marriage mechanics, pair-ups, a home base, resource management... it was too much and the game suffered for it.

My concern from watching the Three Houses trailer is that it might suffer from delving too deeply into micromanaging each unit with numerous mechanics. I just hope there's no marriage/child units... that is a tired as hell mechanic now.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy   Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy EmptySun 17 Feb 2019 - 18:51

Drunkalilly wrote:
I wonder which enterprising merch store will be the first to put out a Leicester football shirt/ fire emblem mashup? And we had Arsenals in Daemon X Machina as well. I'm looking forward to Super Mario Hotspur and The Legen of Zelda: Curse of Mourinho.

Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy Index10
Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy Blue_l10
Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy Black_10

Last edited by masofdas on Sun 17 Feb 2019 - 19:20; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : The other two houses)
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy   Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy EmptyMon 18 Feb 2019 - 1:45

Mas, I would genuinely buy one Laughing

@Jay, Christ I forgot Echoes even came out! In my head, it was Awakening, Fates and then Three Housese!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy   Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy EmptyMon 18 Feb 2019 - 2:49

Aw, that's a real shame! If you ever dig the ol' 3DS out, I'd highly recommend it. The ways it deviates from the usual Fire Emblem formula makes it really interesting. I might do a write-up for the big 3DS thread at some point.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy   Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy EmptyWed 27 Feb 2019 - 19:46

This is slightly off topic - where did the above football kits come from mas? I guess that the logos and text have been Photoshopped on, but what about the original shirt bits?
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy   Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy EmptyWed 27 Feb 2019 - 20:36

I just typed in to Google custom football kit, and used the first that came up.

You could type text in the kit editor, then add logos.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy   Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy EmptyMon 4 Mar 2019 - 20:02

Huh - interesting. Owayo I presume - thanks for that Mas!

Why I ask:
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy   Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy EmptyTue 5 Mar 2019 - 21:41

Yep Owayo can't wait for the Silent Hill, Raccoon City, Outer Heaven kits
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy   Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy EmptyTue 23 Apr 2019 - 20:13

I honestly think this looks worse and worse the more they show from it.

The problem is, given it's a grid-based strategy game, I only see the insane production values and heaps of dialogue and stat building as cruft which gets in the way of the strategy. It's hard to believe this stuff will necessarily make for a *better* strategy game, even if it does look prettier than most.

Playing Fire Emblem (GBA) last year really spoiled me I think. That game is perfection as far as I'm concerned, with incredibly tightly designed maps and battle situations. No grinding, no levelling between missions, no unnecessary dialogue to pad out the play time or encourage social media shares...how strategy games should be.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy   Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy Empty

Back to top Go down

Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Give Me Orders Daddy
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next