We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?

Go down 
+35
OrangeRakoon
gjones
oldschool
SquidgyGoat
Xelviar
JayMoyles
Cube
Rum
mandlecreed
Buskalilly
Jimbob
Solve My Maze
fronkhead
Crumpy Andy
awesomedude
Kieron
nupkin
Silver light
NintenDUCK
SuperPaperLink
Axis1500
Athrun888
beemoh
Dusty Knackers
Treesmurf
Fancy Fancy
Admin
ZeroSuitSamus2
masofdas
shanks
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Vidofnir
The Cappuccino Kid
Balladeer
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 23 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 9 EmptyMon 21 Oct 2013 - 19:38

What a game. I still have great memories of guiding Mr. Hyde through the hotel. But not of that fat writer bloke - he was a pain in the rear end.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 9 EmptyMon 21 Oct 2013 - 19:40

I'd totally forgotten about every character apart from the little girl, the mute girl, the hotel owner and the maid. So, when fat writer bloke surfaced his mug, so too surfaced bad memories regarding him. He's such a pretentious nob. Evil or Very Mad 
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 9 EmptyWed 23 Oct 2013 - 19:55

I'm not going to touch Pokemon Y for a while, I've put TWEWY into my 3DS.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 9 EmptyWed 23 Oct 2013 - 21:03

Ah, do let us know how you get on! I'm planning to replay it again soon after Hotel Dusk, it's been a few years since I last played it.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 9 EmptyThu 24 Oct 2013 - 14:03

Done Day TWO, I don't like the game. The art style is great but the whole I've got 30mins or I''ll be erased sounds cool but is there a timer on the screen counting down or anything nope, I feel I could leave it for hours and come back and Neku would still be there. But my many problem is the control's I hate using the stylus (only game I've played that I liked using it is KIU) and in combat you have to use it to move & attack it's rubbish if I could move with the D-Pad and attack with stylus maybe it wouldn't be to bad but I'd sooner have A,B etc do attacks then the stylus.

Like Mario Galaxies more and likely a great game but due to control issues, it's not getting played again. eBay it goes unless anyone want's it.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 9 EmptyThu 24 Oct 2013 - 14:05

What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 9 56153-Finding-Nemo-this-is-going-to-rpFe
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 9 EmptyThu 24 Oct 2013 - 18:10

I didn't expect the controls to be your issue with the game; they're the most universally praised part of the game. It's normally the art style/soundtrack that people take issue with. I loved the battle system and found it very intuitive, but I can understand if it's not for you. I'd say you should persevere as it really is something you've got to learn and grow competent with, but you seem decided, which is fair enough.

Although, this: "but the whole I've got 30mins or I''ll be erased sounds cool but is there a timer on the screen counting down or anything nope, I feel I could leave it for hours and come back and Neku would still be there", is a very silly criticism to have. It's a plot device as opposed to being a game mechanic - like in Hotel Dusk, Persona IV - any game where you're told you have X amount of time till the world ends really!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 9 EmptyThu 24 Oct 2013 - 18:54

Art style is great and so is the music, and could see it being a great game I just can't play it.

So starting Pokemon Y
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 9 EmptyThu 24 Oct 2013 - 18:55

Back to the controls: can't you let the AI take over on one of the screens while you get to grips with the dual screen battle mechanic?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 9 EmptyThu 24 Oct 2013 - 18:58

Yeah, you can. Although I don't think that was Mas's issue with the controls - if I'm understanding rightly, his issue was less with controlling two at once and more with how Neku controlled.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 9 EmptyThu 24 Oct 2013 - 19:00

Yep I want D-Pad moves Neku, A does one pin, B does another, and so on to attack.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 9 EmptyThu 24 Oct 2013 - 19:03

Hmm...been while since I played it but that's a weird issue to have considering you have no problems with KIUs awkward set up. Razz
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 9 EmptyThu 24 Oct 2013 - 19:05

Kid Icarus set up is fine, you move with control pad, you aim with stylus makes total sense.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 9 EmptyThu 24 Oct 2013 - 19:12

I'd still maintain that it makes sense - it's like Phantom Hourglass, using the stylus to move about then attacking once you're in position. It's very fluid once you come to grips with it.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 9 EmptyThu 24 Oct 2013 - 21:59

Wasn't that a big of a fan of phantom hourglass of what I played.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 9 EmptyThu 24 Oct 2013 - 22:36

I never really clicked with TWEWY but I must say the battle system is pretty neat and whilst the art style, etc isn't my cup of tea I can certainly see the appeal.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 9 EmptyFri 25 Oct 2013 - 22:04

TWEWY is one of my favourite games ever, and I didn't expect that when I picked it up. The only real gripe I have with it, and it's not much of one, is that it's really hard to keep track of Shiki's move tree on the top screen if shit's getting serious on the bottom screen. The upshot of just keeping a general eye on the top screen is that quick inputs generally get your psyche cards to match in sets of three in little time, so it's barely an issue.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 9 EmptyTue 5 Nov 2013 - 7:59

A nice cross between Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies: Lords Of Shadow: Mirror Of Fate and Pokémon X. The former is taking up the bulk of my time as I ease into X.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 9 EmptyTue 5 Nov 2013 - 8:01

One too many colons there, ZJ! Razz I've never had another game to play at the same time as a PW game - if I had, I'm sure it would get unceremoniously sidelined.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 9 EmptyTue 5 Nov 2013 - 8:05

Probably - I get lost in the soup of colons sometimes. And playing multiple handheld games at once (well, two) is how I seem to work it these days. It's usually a boxed game and a download that are mixed together.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 9 EmptyTue 5 Nov 2013 - 13:36

As a little side-note, I'd imagine TWEWY is a little harder to play on a 3DS XL (I assume this is what masofdas is using) because all your stylus movements in battle have to be scaled up by almost a factor of 2?

I remember playing Phantom Hourglass on my DSi XL and it was a lot of effort compared to when I originally played it on a DS Lite.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 9 EmptyTue 5 Nov 2013 - 17:28

Yeah played on 3DS XL, I've not liked hardly any game that used the touch screen as a proper way to play even back on the original DS.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 9 EmptyFri 29 Nov 2013 - 1:26

Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai 2. It's a pretty solid rhythm game, though it hasn't quite kept me entertained all the time due to an insistence on locking out higher difficulties. Though I guess it's useful to learn the music before tackling hard mode anyway.

Other than that, it's just been A Link Between Worlds and bits of Ace Attorney. A quiet period post-Pokémon that only recently picked up.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 9 EmptyFri 29 Nov 2013 - 2:37

I've played the Demo of Project mirai and yeah it is quite good.

But at the moment I'm playing One Piece unlimited World R and kinda playing Zelda
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 9 EmptySun 1 Dec 2013 - 8:51

Just after midnight I downloaded Picross e3 and 3D Space Harrier. I'm playing the former, alongside Pokémon X (got to Dendemille after doing four gyms in as many days).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?
Page 9 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 23 ... 38  Next