We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?

Go down 
+34
Raxicori
EofGizmo
Muss
OrangeRakoon
DarrenK
Fastpie
kitsuneyo
Zaphod_B
Rum
Bampi
Cube
Athrun888
nupkin
oldschool
Jimbob
The Cappuccino Kid
beemoh
Treesmurf
Buskalilly
Vidofnir
Sentinator
Crumpy Andy
mandlecreed
fronkhead
shanks
wenywoowoo
NintenDUCK
Solve My Maze
Dusty Knackers
Axis1500
Admin
Balladeer
The_Jaster
ZeroJones
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 39  Next
AuthorMessage
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 2 EmptyMon 21 Jan 2013 - 22:22

Stu_the_great wrote:
Can you tell me: what's the deal with B:ACAE's combat? I are intrigue.
Blimey. In a sentence, it's extremely fluid and deep.

In a paragraph, when you're thrown into a fight you can chain together hits with ease, if your use of the counter button is well-timed. As you come up against more types of mook you get access to more moves to add to the mix, and your gadgets can be used to stun people too. Then there's the option not to fight at all! You can instead go for stealth and take down enemies in a more subtle, but no less brilliant, fashion. The possibilities are many for Batman alone.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 2 EmptyMon 21 Jan 2013 - 22:25

You're slowly but surely selling it to me, Zero! Is it simple enough for my treacly (is that even a word? My spellchecker seems to think so) brain to be able to process?
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 2 EmptyMon 21 Jan 2013 - 22:34

Sir, if I can get to enjoy it, I fully expect that you could, too. The visual cues give enough warning for you to change tactics successfully (admittedly, I've only played through on Easy up to press Embarrassed ).
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 2 EmptyMon 21 Jan 2013 - 22:45

No shame in that! Sometimes unnecessary challenge strangles the fun. I wonder if there's an incentive to tackle the higher difficulties? That's a PS3 trophy favourite: 'Beat X game on X difficulty' ( Evil or Very Mad ).

Anyhoo, I'm still not playing anything Wii U-related. Hoping to change that at the weekend, though.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 2 EmptyMon 21 Jan 2013 - 23:11

Just a love of the game I'm afraid. Even the PS3 didn't give difficulty trophies for it. You do get a new game plus which ramps up the challenge nicely!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 2 EmptyTue 22 Jan 2013 - 4:34

ZeroJones wrote:
Stu_the_great wrote:

In a paragraph, when you're thrown into a fight you can chain together hits with ease, if your use of the counter button is well-timed. As you come up against more types of mook you get access to more moves to add to the mix, and your gadgets can be used to stun people too. Then there's the option not to fight at all! You can instead go for stealth and take down enemies in a more subtle, but no less brilliant, fashion. The possibilities are many for Batman alone.

I like dive bombing into a group of enemies & setting off the stun detonation then drop a smoke pellet to make them punch each other by accident. Smile
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 2 EmptyTue 22 Jan 2013 - 19:05

The_Jaster wrote:
ZeroJones wrote:
Stu_the_great wrote:

I like dive bombing into a group of enemies & setting off the stun detonation then drop a smoke pellet to make them punch each other by accident. Smile
I like glide kicking from miles away and seeing how things pan out from there! As Matthew Castle said in his review, the greatest joy in the game is simply being Batman.

Reluctantly I've swapped the Arkham City disc for the Darksiders II one. Having only played ten minutes or so, it seems deliciously self-important but fun.
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 2 EmptyTue 22 Jan 2013 - 21:59

I keep being pulled away from my Wii U - I'm too addicted to Paper Mario on my 3DS. Just passed 45 hours on it. Still nowhere near finished, with at least 2 worlds left.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 2 EmptyTue 22 Jan 2013 - 22:00

Good grief! Is there some sort of postgame content/sidequest I don't know about?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 2 EmptyWed 23 Jan 2013 - 7:24

Yes, that's impressive. I never got that sort of playtime out of it.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 2 EmptyWed 23 Jan 2013 - 8:02

Very strange, didn't most reviews say PM:SS could be finished over a weekend?
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 2 EmptyWed 23 Jan 2013 - 13:30

I think I finished it in around 25 hours
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 2 EmptyThu 24 Jan 2013 - 9:25

Guess I'm slow.
I am trying to open all the 80 doors though.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 2 EmptyThu 24 Jan 2013 - 15:50

I'm back on Xenoblade after deciding to transfer my save from my old creaking wii to wii U, for a minute I thought I had lost 30 hours worth of game play but what I hadn't realised was that I had obviously copied the save data to the SD card a while ago Duh! (more than a year ago in fact) so I all I had to do was delete the copy on the SD card & then just copy a more recent save from the wii to SD.

& BINGO! I'm back on my adventure. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sentinator
Bokoblin
Sentinator

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 2 EmptySat 26 Jan 2013 - 19:58

Quite a lot actually. I have Assassin's Creed and Darksiders on the side for now. I am occasionally playing Mario and Mass Effect but the majority of my time is going into Tekken or Ninja Gaiden.
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 2 EmptySun 27 Jan 2013 - 13:28

The Cave. A game with a really dark sense of humour.
Only completed the Knight's quest so far, but I'm loving what I see, and although I rage at the lack of Off TV play, actually I'm finding the (admittedly limited) gamepad functionality very useful.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 2 EmptyMon 4 Feb 2013 - 21:54

I have Kirby's Epic Yarn! Nicely tactile feel to it, just like there ought to be. Can't get the sodding car thing to happen half the time though.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 2 EmptyFri 8 Feb 2013 - 22:24

Finally having a permanantly plugged in nintendo console lying around means I've finally got around to starting The Last Story, I like the characters and the gameplay is fun enough but the battle system doesn't seem very challenging. Still seems to be unfolding though so I'll have to see.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 2 EmptySat 9 Feb 2013 - 8:00

Don't tell Vidofnir!
Back to top Go down
Sentinator
Bokoblin
Sentinator

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 2 EmptySat 9 Feb 2013 - 9:18

Play Pandora's Tower. I like that the best of the three. It stands out most. Its definitely more of a challenge.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 2 EmptySat 9 Feb 2013 - 10:28

Thought I would start Skyward Sword again and give up at the second trial again
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 2 EmptySat 9 Feb 2013 - 10:36

I'm onto the last cell of Nano assault neo, it really is a great twin stick shooter.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Feb 2013 - 12:16

KEY is so adorable! Really got into this now. My favourite part is throwing the patches on the world map and watching it transform!
Back to top Go down
Vidofnir
Flock Step Bird
Vidofnir

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Feb 2013 - 14:57

andyman949 wrote:
Finally having a permanantly plugged in nintendo console lying around means I've finally got around to starting The Last Story, I like the characters and the gameplay is fun enough but the battle system doesn't seem very challenging. Still seems to be unfolding though so I'll have to see.

Just you wait... DAMN YOU!
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Feb 2013 - 16:04

Returned to Trine 2 following the patch, it really is a gorgeous looking game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?
Page 2 of 39Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 39  Next