We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

E Shop and Downloadables Discussion

Go down 
+28
gjones
Solve My Maze
Sentinator
Silver light
Zaphod_B
Vidofnir
Rum
oldschool
Rattlecat
Cube
Dusty Knackers
shanks
Axis1500
Jimbob
JayMoyles
Treesmurf
Kieron
beemoh
fronkhead
mandlecreed
Buskalilly
The Cappuccino Kid
masofdas
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Crumpy Andy
Admin
Balladeer
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 19 EmptyTue 29 Apr 2014 - 9:51

Didn't know it was out elsewhere, but still, not many people in the thread saying they'll buy it on other consoles.

And although the forum is turning more multiformat, it is still a Nintendo forum to my mind.  The title, the forum's heritage, and the fact that the other console sub-fora are down the bottom all speak volumes.  Plus, that contributor you mention doesn't own any current-gen. console, and the first one on his list is a 3DS (to my mind, the only current-gen. console with an inarguably great and varied line-up at the moment).

It'd be a damn shame if this place did go full-on multiformat, from my point of view.  There are tonnes of multiformat fora out there, and very few Nintendo-specific ones whose audiences do not have average ages in their teens.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 19 EmptyTue 29 Apr 2014 - 10:04

He's owns a 360 but guess that's last,  yeah agree about the 3DS it's the best out of the current by a mile.

I don't know about other people I know someone like Jas might buy on his PS3 instead because of trophies,  who knows.

Agree tons of other forums we could go to but we do want to talk about Nintendo without every other comment slaging them of. We want to talk about the good stuff but also like other things like Dark Souls.

About the others down the bottom yeah agree best for them as mainly we do want to talk about Nintendo but also games like dark soul's,  child of light for example which aren't just on one system hence why in (or should be) general even though I think most are playing dark soul's on PS3, so why isn't it the playstation section due to someone like Jay so it went into general.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 19 EmptyTue 29 Apr 2014 - 11:13

I think we agree that we want a mostly Nintendo forum with a general gaming component, like we have (last I checked, we had a pretty thriving Dark Souls community!): the only place we disagree is whether a multiformat game also available on the Wii U/3DS should go into general.  I don't think we're going to reconcile there, either: my opinion is that given that this is a mostly Nintendo forum, any discussion about a game available on Nintendo consoles should be treated as that foremost, and you take the contrary stance.  I don't mind about DS and other games.  All other consoles are equal in my eyes (even though PS4 >> One, natch Winky Face ), but due to the forum's theme, Nintendo editions of the same game should receive the most emphasis.

E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 19 Impasse

Anyhoo, back on topic:

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
I was hoping for some more GBA downloads...I know it's early days yet, but I really hope NoE don't treat the GBA Virtual Console with the same apathy they did with the Master System, Commodore 64 and particularly Virtual Console Arcade on the Wii Shop Channel.

How about some Capcom stuff?  Albeit pretty vague Capcom stuff right now.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 19 EmptyTue 29 Apr 2014 - 15:49

Balladeer wrote:
Plus, that contributor you mention doesn't own any current-gen. console, and the first one on his list is a 3DS (to my mind, the only current-gen. console with an inarguably great and varied line-up at the moment).

Just to hop in here, I still consider this a Nintendo-centric forum but with a bigger other console component than we had on The Old Place. First console I intend to buy in the summertime is a 3DS, and then next on my list would eventually be a Wii U, but that's deep into the future.

On topic though, I think the Mega Man Battle Network games have a bit of a cult following, so they might be worth a look. Street Fighter Alpha 3 is a pretty solid fighter too, but I've not played enough of it to give a strong opinion on it. The controls were a little finicky on handheld.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 19 EmptyTue 29 Apr 2014 - 17:05

Apologies for referring to you in the third-person, Jay! I think we both agree with you there.

Was going to ask (like I did on CVG): are there any truly great Capcom GBA games I should be hoping in vain for? People seem to be pretty happy with the Mega Man games - I'm not so keen on fighters without Link in, so I'll probably give SFA3 a miss.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 19 EmptyTue 29 Apr 2014 - 17:45

Yep all agree with what you all said, I just see all the systems equal.

SFAIII is excellent on dreamcast, not sure what a GBA port would be like.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 19 EmptyTue 29 Apr 2014 - 18:34

Balladeer wrote:

Was going to ask (like I did on CVG): are there any truly great Capcom GBA games I should be hoping in vain for?

Not particularly - there's not a standout Mega Man effort... Minish Cap maybe?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 19 EmptyTue 29 Apr 2014 - 18:38

The forum should just have one section labeled "games" Razz
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 19 EmptyTue 29 Apr 2014 - 18:41

One section for "games", another for "drunk/alt. account posts".  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 19 EmptyTue 29 Apr 2014 - 18:42

Perfect! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 19 EmptyTue 29 Apr 2014 - 18:45

And a third which is just pictures of Reggie's face.

Yup Minish Cap's great, but I've played it already. Ho hum.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 19 EmptyWed 30 Apr 2014 - 9:30

Sorry for double post, but Cosmochoria has been funded for the Wii U and it looks cute. (Warning: dev. commentary is apparently "a bit wanky". I turned the sound off.)
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 19 EmptyWed 30 Apr 2014 - 23:50

The_Jaster wrote:
The forum should just have one section labeled "games" Razz
If you post about a Visual Novel in this forum I will ask an admin to ban you. Please can we have a subforum in Games called Visual Novels.

Cheeky 
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 19 EmptyThu 1 May 2014 - 23:28

Stick It To The Man is great so far. Basically a cross between Paper Mario: Sticker Star (but far better) and Psychonauts.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 19 EmptySun 4 May 2014 - 19:25

Quote :
I don't know about other people I know someone like Jas might buy on his PS3 instead because of trophies, who knows.

I missed this before, I would never buy a multi format game on ps3 because of trophies as generally most of them add nothing to a game.

As for child of light it doesn't look to be my kind of game, how involving is the battle system? (Can I block enemy attacks in real time?)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 19 EmptySun 4 May 2014 - 19:32

It was the best example I could think of Jas.

Combat system is cool, it's a weird turn based system. So you would have to block on your go but if use the meter at the bottom wisely I reckon you could attack then block or viceversa but just interrupting the enemies attack with one yours would be better.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 19 EmptySun 4 May 2014 - 19:35

Hmmm I wish there was a demo.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 19 EmptyMon 5 May 2014 - 10:59

If the best example you can think of doesn't hold water, I guess that means that I'm right and you're wrong. Razz 

I'm really not sure I can recommend it to you, Jas. It's very beautiful, very whimsical, but its battle system is like later Final Fantasies. If they don't appeal, I can't see this appealing either.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 19 EmptyMon 5 May 2014 - 17:36

Aye the final fantasy comparisons does put me off which is a shame as the art style is stunning.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 19 EmptyTue 6 May 2014 - 13:01

Shaq Fu 2 for Wii U, it's true. Next to get sequels: Superman 64, Aero Gauge and Mortal Kombat Mythologies.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 19 EmptyTue 6 May 2014 - 16:54

I don't think the battle system in Child of Light is anything like Final Fantasy's especially XIII and onwards which you can just select Auto.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 19 EmptyMon 12 May 2014 - 22:46

This Week, Sorry I missed Last Week

Wii U eShop
Scram Kitty and his Buddy on Rails £8.99

Wii U Virtual Console

Mr. Driller 2 £6.29

Wii U Retail Download
Fit Music for Wii U £24.90
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 19 EmptyTue 13 May 2014 - 9:00

Balladeer wrote:
Shaq Fu 2 for Wii U, it's true.

"The graphics is crazy" - a glowing recommendation from Mr. O'Neal there.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 19 EmptyTue 13 May 2014 - 10:39

As well as Scram kitty I think I'll get Mr driller 2 also as I've never played that series and it's time to correct that.

edit: I now own both of these  Dance 
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 19 EmptyThu 22 May 2014 - 11:25

Sorry about missing a week again, it seems minish cap is coming to the VC. It's on the Jap VC all ready and is now listed on NoA as TBC.
Back to top Go down

E Shop and Downloadables Discussion
Page 19 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next