We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

E Shop and Downloadables Discussion

Go down 
+28
gjones
Solve My Maze
Sentinator
Silver light
Zaphod_B
Vidofnir
Rum
oldschool
Rattlecat
Cube
Dusty Knackers
shanks
Axis1500
Jimbob
JayMoyles
Treesmurf
Kieron
beemoh
fronkhead
mandlecreed
Buskalilly
The Cappuccino Kid
masofdas
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Crumpy Andy
Admin
Balladeer
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 24 EmptyTue 2 Sep 2014 - 22:44

Cool. I'll probably get Teslagrad; according to my gaming schedule, I'll have time to play it on... 2017.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 24 EmptyTue 2 Sep 2014 - 23:13

andyman949 wrote:
Is this even coming to Xbox? I've not seen anything about it.

Nope PS3 though, so guess maybe PS4 in the future and has been on PC's since December.

The game is getting a physical release though which might of delayed things.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 24 EmptyWed 3 Sep 2014 - 2:23

Huh? I always assumed Teslagrad was wii U only (just never seen Sony talk about it at all) as for the September 11th date I won't get too excited yet as that's bound to be US only given that the original screenshot was from NoA.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 24 EmptyWed 3 Sep 2014 - 6:18

I'm a big man - I can admit when my biased-and-angry speculation is off. Anyway, according to the Nintendo Life article it's coming to the UK on the same day. I won't be picking it up quite then, due to EXAMS.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 24 EmptyWed 3 Sep 2014 - 7:01

Teslagrad is getting a download from me. The physical release idea puzzled me for a bit: why pay all those extra costs? The creators must think being in physical stores will be an advantage. Maybe they want to solve the Wii U drought? Odd. At any rate, no box for me on this one.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 24 EmptyWed 3 Sep 2014 - 18:05

Balladeer wrote:
Anyway, according to the Nintendo Life article it's coming to the UK on the same day.

That is good to hear & hopefully true.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 24 EmptyMon 8 Sep 2014 - 19:33

Super Mario Ball is out this week. Has anyone played it? Is it worth downloading?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 24 EmptyMon 8 Sep 2014 - 19:34

I remember NGC giving it 55%, or something of that ilk.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 24 EmptyThu 11 Sep 2014 - 14:21

Teslagrad
Isn't bad.
Looks a game
To be had.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 24 EmptyThu 11 Sep 2014 - 20:39

I should explain
I'll buy this game
but when's it
coming out again?
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 24 EmptyThu 11 Sep 2014 - 20:51

Jimbob, love,
Scroll up above.
September 11th
You're thinking of.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 24 EmptySat 13 Sep 2014 - 2:13

How much is Teslagrad btw?
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 24 EmptySat 13 Sep 2014 - 9:47

£13.99 - it's a bit much, although the game is pretty good from what I've played so far. It's mournful, haunting Metroidvania - like if Child Of Light and Guacamelee! had a baby and removed all the combat.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 24 EmptySat 13 Sep 2014 - 9:57

That's not to much if it's a well polished game etc and they can't sell it cheap like £5.99 with a retail version coming which you think would be around £14.99, so can't be cheap on downloads.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 24 EmptySat 13 Sep 2014 - 15:43

While I can agree its not much for a download game £13.99 is still a bit of a gamble on something completely new, always felt that a price of £7.99 is the sweet spot for these types of games.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 24 EmptySun 14 Sep 2014 - 9:04

It's knowing that it's going to be on sale at a discount at some point that leaves me holding off. I'm looking at all of my (non-VC) eShop downloads just now, and out of nineteen there's only been one that hasn't had a reduction, which is the Art Academy Sketchpad. It's a very refreshing change from the old Wii Shopping Channel days, but who can be blamed for thinking £14 is steep when it'll likely be half that by the time the year is out?

~

Here's one for those who pre-purchased the upcoming Mario Kart 8 DLC: did you recieve any Nintendo Network Premium Points for it? I'd assume you did, but might as well ask and make sure...cheers.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 24 EmptySun 14 Sep 2014 - 12:56

Most of the games I've ever downloaded were for the Wii, so I've got myself into the mindset that anything over ten pounds is "a bit steep". My sights will adjust eventually.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 24 EmptySun 14 Sep 2014 - 19:24

TCK wrote:

Here's one for those who pre-purchased the upcoming Mario Kart 8 DLC: did you recieve any Nintendo Network Premium Points for it? I'd assume you did, but might as well ask and make sure...cheers.

Aye I got 92 pts for it, didn't actually expect to get any though.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 24 EmptyTue 16 Sep 2014 - 18:57

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
It's knowing that it's going to be on sale at a discount at some point that leaves me holding off. I'm looking at all of my (non-VC) eShop downloads just now, and out of nineteen there's only been one that hasn't had a reduction, which is the Art Academy Sketchpad. It's a very refreshing change from the old Wii Shopping Channel days, but who can be blamed for thinking £14 is steep when it'll likely be half that by the time the year is out?

~

This: it's all about that expectation, though admittedly if you were dying to play a game you'd buy it before it goes on sale (as I did with Scram Kitty), so you're essentially paying more to play the game earlier in these cases.

I have a feeling that if I were more invested into finding out more about these games (which I'm slightly ashamed of doing, given how I like experimental titles the best) I'd probably not be having any reservations about pricing if I end up liking what I see very much.

A good case in point here is people willingly plonking down eleven quid for the Mario Kart DLC months before release and off a bunch of low-res screenshots: you just *know* it's going to be good and you just know you'll want to play Wario's Gold Mine more than once in online multiplayer.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 24 EmptyMon 22 Sep 2014 - 12:54

I've missed a few weeks, sorry if you do use me to checkout what's coming.

This Week

Wii U eShop
Art of Balance £7.15
Angry Bunnies: Colossal Carrot Crusade £5.99

Wii U Virtual Console

Nobunaga's Ambition £5.49

Wii U eShop Deals
Art of Balance £5.35 A lower price if you own Art of Balance TOUCH! on the same Nintendo Network ID on 3DS.
Armillo £2.99 until 5th October
Swords & Soldiers £1.77 until 9th October
Spin The Bottle: Bumpie's Party £5.60 until 12th October

Wii U eShop Demo

Spin The Bottle: Bumpie's Party
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 24 EmptyTue 23 Sep 2014 - 20:48

So, Teslagrad. Question for those who have played it: do I need to know the text? Because I kinda want to play in its native Russian, but my Russian isn't all that any more.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 24 EmptyWed 24 Sep 2014 - 6:42

Sir, no, sir. The game's story is told through images for the overwhelming majority of its length.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 24 EmptyWed 24 Sep 2014 - 7:30

Otlichno! Spacebo bolshoye, Nul-Ivanovich.

Had a first crack at this last night - stopped playing two deaths to the first boss later. The one-hit-kills thing looks like it might get dead annoying really fast.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 24 EmptyThu 25 Sep 2014 - 7:56

... Ivanovich?!

The character's fragility is part of the appeal, although I did end up calling him 'Bellenda Carlisle' on more than one occasion. I got past the first boss more through luck than skill, sadly. So, er, good luck!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 24 EmptyThu 25 Sep 2014 - 10:48

Balla clearly likes a bit of Tennis.

I don't know any Russian but know Ivanovich is a tennis player that's quite attractive.
Back to top Go down

E Shop and Downloadables Discussion
Page 24 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next