We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

E Shop and Downloadables Discussion

Go down 
+28
gjones
Solve My Maze
Sentinator
Silver light
Zaphod_B
Vidofnir
Rum
oldschool
Rattlecat
Cube
Dusty Knackers
shanks
Axis1500
Jimbob
JayMoyles
Treesmurf
Kieron
beemoh
fronkhead
mandlecreed
Buskalilly
The Cappuccino Kid
masofdas
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Crumpy Andy
Admin
Balladeer
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 25 EmptyTue 28 Oct 2014 - 15:50

Download as they are sill on sale but come off soon Steamworld Dig and Master Reboot.

I could of got Dig about a month ago on PS4 cheaper but the time I was told to get it , it finished and everyone I know who's played has mainly played it on a Nintendo system which it seems to fit also helps towards getting another £5 off NNP.

I got MR as watching the trailer I was getting Bioshock x Journey vibes from it.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 25 EmptyThu 6 Nov 2014 - 3:20

There are some really great looking indie games headed to wii U some we seen in the recent Nintendo direct but when searching on youtube these two looked especially good to me.

Runbow: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9swcTlJYB1k

Sportsball: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9chGHAc-90&list=UUGIY_O-8vW4rfX98KlMkvRg
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 25 EmptySun 9 Nov 2014 - 9:20

Sportsball looks awesome. Essentially someone pulled Joust and FIFA out of a hat - looks better than that Rayman minigame everyone goes on about.

Runbow does look cool also, and the multiplayer ambition has to be applauded, but... what's going on?
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 25 EmptySun 9 Nov 2014 - 15:02

Definitely agree about sportsball looking better than the football game in Rayman, I think Runbow is showing a few different modes in that trailer like running through an obstacle course which is a lot like that speedrunners games on steam & the one with buildings going up and down looks like a king of the hill type battle to me. (winner has to stay on the highest building?)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 25 EmptyMon 10 Nov 2014 - 11:16

Not done a update for ages but this week looks really decent though

Wii U eShop

Tengami £6.99
Paper Monsters Recut £5.49

Wii U Virtual Console

Castlevania: Dracula X £5.49
Golden Sun: The Lost Age £6.29

Wii U Retail Download

LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham £44.99

Wii U DLC

Mario Kart 8 DLC Pack 1 £7.00 / €7.99 or £11.00 the DLC bundle

Wii U Demo

Flowerworks HD: Follie's Adventure

Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 25 EmptyMon 10 Nov 2014 - 12:39

The_Jaster wrote:
There are some really great looking indie games headed to wii U some we seen in the recent Nintendo direct but when searching on youtube these two looked especially good to me.

Sportsball: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9chGHAc-90&list=UUGIY_O-8vW4rfX98KlMkvRg

Are those online multiplayer as well? They both look like great fun but I don't think I could convince my friends to buy them.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 25 EmptyMon 10 Nov 2014 - 13:03

Wow, both of those games look pretty great, I do like how Wii U is getting these games which are tailor made for the system (like Spin the Bottle).
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 25 EmptyMon 10 Nov 2014 - 18:30

I like the look of both games coming this week but not things I would normally buy right away but am considering buying both as them on top of shovel knight & mario kart 8 dlc. I will have £5 voucher an about 220 points.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 25 EmptyMon 10 Nov 2014 - 18:46

Treesmurf wrote:
The_Jaster wrote:

Are those online multiplayer as well? They both look like great fun but I don't think I could convince my friends to buy them.

I'm not sure but it looks like they are local only, this is where Sportsball looks like it might win out for me as it has a single player mode whereas Runbow looks completely multiplayer focused.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 25 EmptyTue 11 Nov 2014 - 1:10

True but to me the single player doesn't look like something I would spend much time with really, seems more of a score attack type thing, release it at a good price though and I still might take the dive.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 25 EmptyWed 12 Nov 2014 - 7:26

masofdas wrote:
I like the look of both games coming this week but not things I would normally buy right away but am considering buying both as them on top of shovel knight & mario kart 8 dlc. I will have £5 voucher an about 220 points.

Me too: I'd also like to have the Golden Sun game, and Picross e5. Too many games! Duh!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 25 EmptyThu 13 Nov 2014 - 15:50

Is anyone taking the plunge with this weeks two games.

You say to many games I've just looked I've got over 80 games in my Wii U eShop watch list, it is mainly VC games which I'm unlikely to download unless I really fancy playing them or on offer but shows the U does have a lot of content.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 25 EmptyThu 13 Nov 2014 - 15:55

Too many games is damn right.  In my case, though, I just don't think I've got around to playing a lot of them (it's all SSB3DS' fault DAMN YOU! ).  But I've had my eye on Tengami for a while, so might pick that up.  I still need to pick up Bayo 2...

The MK8 DLC will come first though, natch.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 25 EmptyMon 24 Nov 2014 - 11:18

Bumper week this week

Wii U eShop

Thomas Was Alone £6.99, I've this on my VITA and still not played but I do hear it's very good
Pier Solar and the Great Architects £11.99, Yay but why is this £2 more on Wii U also I doubt it will be day one fro me as to many games
Ittle Dew £8.99, A Zelda type clone which does look decent
Shiny The Firefly £6.29 until 31st December, regular price will be £8.99

Wii U Virtual Console
Breath of Fire £5.49, Talk about oldschool RPG's

Wii U Retail Downloads
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U £49.99
Penguins of Madagascar £34.99

Wii U DLC
Hyrule Warriors Twilight Princess Pack £6.29/Free if you have season pass:
A new Adventure Mode map Twilight-covered Hyrule, with six new 8-bit weapons and sixteen new alternatively-coloured costumes as rewards
A new playable character, Midna in her true Twili form
A new weapon type for Zelda, Dominion Rod
Two new costumes, Ilia's Clothes for Zelda and Postman Uniform for Link

Wii U eShop Temporary Discounts
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams £7.79 until 4th December, I hear this is excellent right Zero Very Happy
BIT.TRIP Presents: Runner 2 Future Legend of Rhythm Alien £3.33 until 11th December, Is this worth looking at this price

Why Nintendo the Hyrule DLC a day before SMASH & Pokemon also why couldn't we get some of these Indie games spread out a bit.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 25 EmptyMon 24 Nov 2014 - 11:20

I remember being quite interested in Ittle Dew when it first hit my radar ages ago. Now, though, it's just not going to get any playtime. For indie games, which being downloadable are unlikely to be bought as Christmas presents, it seems to me to be a better strategy to release in the summer months, when the drought of other things will make people more likely to pick them up.

As it is, I still need to pick up Tengami and Stealth Inc. 2. Everything else is most likely on ice until I do so.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 25 EmptyMon 24 Nov 2014 - 11:27

December is rather barren though as you've seen with my release thread else where, but I do think most will be playing something from mad November but I guess if you get a eShop card for Christmas or in January where there's only like 2 games coming out, I could see myself picking some up but not sure which ones Pier Solar, Tengami, Paper Cut some of the one ones I'm looking at at the moment.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 25 EmptyMon 24 Nov 2014 - 16:35

I might put my recent £5 voucher towards Ittle dew.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 25 EmptyMon 24 Nov 2014 - 17:23

I'm playing through Thomas Was Alone just now. Arguably not a quality game (though I like it a lot), but it has an atmosphere and overall ambiance that I think should be experienced by every gamer.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 25 EmptyMon 24 Nov 2014 - 19:44

Got a quick question, anyone who uses prepaid e shop cards having any trouble adding funds to your account at the minute? The reason I ask as a friend of mine found an unscratched £25 card on the bus and since he doesn't own any Nintendo devices he was going to sell it to me for a fiver but when I tried the code it'd just throw up an error code which I googled but there seemed to be no other solution than phone Nintendo support.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 25 EmptyMon 24 Nov 2014 - 19:49

Likely stolen card then as they need to be activated before hand or they won't work.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 25 EmptyMon 24 Nov 2014 - 19:51

Those cards aren't redeemable until their past the point of purchase. Might there be a chance that it wasn't purchased in the first place? It could have been stolen. It needs to be activated through a transaction.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 25 EmptyMon 24 Nov 2014 - 19:53

I thought that might be the case......ach well!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 25 EmptyWed 26 Nov 2014 - 6:10

Too many desired eShop releases this month! I'm interested in Tengami, Paper Monsters Recut, Golden Sun 2, Ittle Dew, Pier Solar and Thomas Was Alone (especially after Cap's comments). There's no way to justify buying all of them just yet, so the developers and their hungry children will have to wait.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 25 EmptyTue 2 Dec 2014 - 18:13

So just seen Nintendo Life review of Alphadia Genesis which they gave a 6/10, from the reviews there finding similar issues with this as Pier Solar that it has old ideas etc. Which makes me think there just not keen on oldschool jrpgs at NL. Just checked the same guy reviewed both games.

Also were getting a Warhammer 40k game based on Space Hulk it's a port of the PC version that came out quite a while ago but who can moan at a turnbased strategy game seeing the U hasn't got many of them

And this, I would just play the mega drive section with it's blast processing.

Last edited by masofdas on Tue 2 Dec 2014 - 19:18; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Check up)
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 25 EmptyTue 2 Dec 2014 - 19:51

Read about Life Of Pixel on (where else?) NL. It sounds like a wonderful idea, similar to the Evoland RPG Jay spoke of in the Last game you completed thread, but a platformer. Sold, sold and sold.
Back to top Go down

E Shop and Downloadables Discussion
Page 25 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next