We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

E Shop and Downloadables Discussion

Go down 
+28
gjones
Solve My Maze
Sentinator
Silver light
Zaphod_B
Vidofnir
Rum
oldschool
Rattlecat
Cube
Dusty Knackers
shanks
Axis1500
Jimbob
JayMoyles
Treesmurf
Kieron
beemoh
fronkhead
mandlecreed
Buskalilly
The Cappuccino Kid
masofdas
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Crumpy Andy
Admin
Balladeer
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 35 EmptyMon 29 Jun 2015 - 10:29

According to NintendoLife, Ittle Dew is getting a 50% discount (to £4.49) on Thursday (although it said 2nd June Neutral ). It doesn't last long but it is a fun and clever Zelda parody (2D only, I'm afraid/overjoyed to say).
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 35 EmptyTue 14 Jul 2015 - 22:32

Simogo games are bringing Year Walk to the wii U e shop and you should all buy it, hopefully if it does well enough for them we will see ports of their other iOS games like Device 6 or maybe even something entirely new.

Here's a trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uVxwrsFbbQ

EDIT: Also here's a blog post detailing the game http://simogo.com/2015/07/14/year-walk-is-coming-to-wii-u/
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 35 EmptyTue 14 Jul 2015 - 23:03

Really thought they'd go for Beat Sneak Bandit first - a brilliant game. Still, can't complain - Jas is right, let's get more Simogo games on Wii U! Grin

~~~

There's an eShop sale on at the mo, I understand. If you haven't already got 'em, I can recommend Guacamelee! and EDGE to y'all. Not that EDGE, of course! Winky Face
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 35 EmptyWed 15 Jul 2015 - 1:13

This EDGE?

Spoiler:

---

As much as I like Beat sneak bandit I'm not sure it'd work on a console as it's very simplified in how you play it, things like Year walk and Device 6 would fair much better because they are basically text adventures with puzzles woven through them.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 35 EmptyThu 16 Jul 2015 - 18:00

No! This EDGE:

Spoiler:

BSB is the only game of theirs that I have played and I loved it so much! Grin
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 35 EmptyThu 16 Jul 2015 - 18:06

Dragon Fantasy: The Volumes of Westeria is coming soon to both Wii U and 3DS in the good ol'USA with the EU down as coming at some point and it's cross-buy.

As you can guess from the name it has a lot of influnces from Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy but has some Lufia and Earthbound in there, I hear. This is very much a oldschool jrpg which can be played in 8-Bit or 16-Bit mode.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 35 EmptyThu 16 Jul 2015 - 18:14

Dragon Fantasy, eh? I'd have called it 'Final Quest'. Winky Face I'll wait on review scores for that one. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 35 EmptyThu 16 Jul 2015 - 18:22

It's on STEAM where it has Positive reviews (which can be found here) but if you look up on Meta the OG iOS version which is Chapter I has 75 but the VITA versions of Chapter I & II have 64 & 54 score.

I think this might be the realms of Pier Solar that scores might be more to the low side with a odd high one where the person going into it knew what they were getting a SNES game, like the above link kinda says from people that have left comments.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 35 EmptyThu 16 Jul 2015 - 19:35

ZeroJones wrote:
No! This EDGE:

Spoiler:

BSB is the only game of theirs that I have played and I loved it so much! Grin

Then I can only suggest that you get on and play device 6. Smile
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 35 EmptySat 18 Jul 2015 - 18:56

Oh my goodness me - Dragon Fantasy? I actually zoned out while reading the rest of the sentence, that name was so generic. Almost as bad as Horizon Zero Dawn.

I would've called it Super Homage JRPG Simulator '15
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 35 EmptyThu 30 Jul 2015 - 23:36

This is out on the eShop for £1.89. I took a punt on it before I'd ever heard of it, because the eShop called it a platformer. I'd say it's fairer to call it a 'Vertical Endless Runner'. There's virtually nothing to it, except that it's INCREDIBLY addictive.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 35 EmptyFri 31 Jul 2015 - 0:34

That blocky bot song totally rips off body movin by beastie boys. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 35 EmptySat 1 Aug 2015 - 11:13

I was looking at that, for £1.89 I can get on board with colourfully addictive.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 35 EmptySat 1 Aug 2015 - 11:14

What the heck did I just watch. Neutral
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 35 EmptySat 1 Aug 2015 - 18:45

I dunno, but I think it sold me on the game. When Cappa said it was a bit endless-runnery, I went "pssh", but...
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 35 EmptyWed 5 Aug 2015 - 14:51

According to this here NintendoFile article, Stealth Inc. 2 is reduced to a mere 599 pennies. It's a great little game. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 35 EmptyWed 5 Aug 2015 - 21:19

That one is free on ps+ this month so I'll be giving that a go at some point.

EDIT: Is Starfox command the bad one?
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 35 EmptyFri 7 Aug 2015 - 1:27

No it's the one with the different approach that was surprisingly good, it's also very easily obtainable on DS though for pittance so if you prefer your handheld games more handheldy then there's non download version to consider.

I remember the online mode being a lot of fun although I'm assuming that'd be missing from the VC.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 35 EmptyFri 7 Aug 2015 - 7:33

Command is the best Starfox game.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 35 EmptyFri 7 Aug 2015 - 8:20

And anyone who knows about Andy's taste in games will see that for the indictment it is. Razz

It's a turn-based strategy game, with skirmishes in between the strategy bits rendered using all the power of the DS. Also it has about sixteen branching storylines, so you'll play the same first few levels over and over again.

I don't like it.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 35 EmptyFri 7 Aug 2015 - 8:24

On the flip side you get to use loads of different characters/crews/ships because of the nature of the story. My only concern would be tha tthe controls probably won't work amazingly on wii u as it's all touch based.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 35 EmptyFri 7 Aug 2015 - 16:49

Balla wrote:
It's a turn-based strategy game, with skirmishes in between the strategy bits rendered using all the power of the DS. Also it has about sixteen branching storylines, so you'll play the same first few levels over and over again.

You had me at strategy game & skirmishes. Smile
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 35 EmptyFri 7 Aug 2015 - 17:59

Each to their own...
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 35 EmptySun 9 Aug 2015 - 8:21

The idea behind Starfox Command is a good one, certainly, in terms of the tactical things; and I think future Starfoxes (looks nervously at SF0) could probably do with something like this to make the starfox universe a less linear one, which I'd be totally for. But all the time I was playing it, all I could think of was "I'm going to break my touchscreen. I'm going to break my touchscreen. I'm going to break my touchscreen." Like most early DS things, I wish they'd just stuck to using the face buttons.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 35 EmptySun 9 Aug 2015 - 9:10

That's fascinating, Jim

DIGRESSION ALERT: Promise that this isn't the start of a Star Trek fanfic!

because I'm looking at SF0 and thinking, "Thank goodness it's gone back to being just about the shooting!" I see where you're coming from in terms of a straight-up shmup maybe not being enough, but I'm mad keen on recapturing the StarWing/SF64 feel. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down

E Shop and Downloadables Discussion
Page 35 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next