We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Last game you finished and your thoughts

Go down 
+27
The Christ
Cube
Buskalilly
ZeroSuitSamus2
awesomedude
Rum
ShadoWolf
SuperPaperLink
Vidofnir
mandlecreed
beemoh
Dusty Knackers
The Cappuccino Kid
NintenDUCK
Jimbob
Treesmurf
Admin
masofdas
Crumpy Andy
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
fronkhead
Balladeer
Silver light
nupkin
ZeroJones
Athrun888
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 4 Empty23/04/13, 01:09 pm

Finished off the main story in Fire Emblem: Awakening. Effective story, great gameplay, lots of content, great OST, nice graphics...i might be a little biased, but whichever way i look at this game i can't see anything but the game of the year in this. Really, really good stuff.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 4 Empty26/04/13, 08:39 am

Just earned the credits for Super Little Acorns 3D Turbo. It's a smashing little game, slightly old-school and very new-school in its approach at the same time. Really enjoyed it, and recommended to anyone who enjoys 2D platformers.
Back to top Go down
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 4 Empty26/04/13, 11:53 am

Thomas Was Alone. Decent little game, really.
Back to top Go down
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 4 Empty28/04/13, 02:44 pm

Liberation Maiden. Very nice little game, but my, even for a shoot'em up it was so very short.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 4 Empty29/04/13, 02:15 am

Lego City Undercover. Brilliant stuff, exactly the kind of game the Wii U needed, still plenty for me to do and thanks to the great script probably worth another playthrough at some point.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 4 Empty05/05/13, 01:59 pm

Remember Bonk? As I was off of work sick, I decided to complete the second one in a single sitting last night. It was pretty good fun! I don't remember it being this high quality - I can definitely see myself downloading the first and third games on VC (if they're still there).
Back to top Go down
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 4 Empty06/05/13, 12:15 pm

Okami HD

And now i'm reminded all over again why Capcom need to give us that third Okami game...that they will never do, no doubt Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 4 Empty10/05/13, 06:09 pm

Beat the Elite Four and the champion in Pokemon Black 2 last night, and there's still a tonne to do! I like that the Pokemon games have started providing more post-game content, so much that beating the league really is only one of many things to do. I also like how B&W2 make a lot of previously inaccessible Pokemon accessible (Volcarona, Cresselia...). Definitely psyched for Pokemon X&Y now.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 4 Empty10/05/13, 06:37 pm

Zombi U.

Good game, but it falls apart at the end, especially given that all the doors lock themselves if you die in the Buckingham Palace section so you wind up havnig to go all the way around the world every time you cark it. Which you will repeatedly do because it's so bleddy far each time.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 4 Empty10/05/13, 07:00 pm

So, how many survivors did you go through?
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 4 Empty10/05/13, 08:22 pm

Thirtytwo. At least ten of them in that final stretch.
Back to top Go down
awesomedude
Stability Update
awesomedude

PostSubject: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 4 Empty10/05/13, 09:04 pm

SunnyI just finished a level in Super Mario 3D Land, and I thought it was the easiest level I had ever come through. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://socialgamers.forumotion.co.uk/
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 4 Empty10/05/13, 11:18 pm

I reached the credits of Theatrhythm Final Fantasy today. Despite universally laothing the actual Final Fantasy adventures, I found this game had bags of charm, and it looks a complete treat. So, so much to do in it, too; though I've seen the end, there are still things to unlock, scores to improve, CollectACards to obtain...
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 4 Empty11/05/13, 02:20 am

Little Inferno, odd but very funny.

Luigi's Mansion 2, brilliant fun, possibly the best game on 3DS, still need to give the multiplayer a go.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
nupkin
Stability Update
nupkin

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 4 Empty11/05/13, 01:00 pm

Finished LM2 on the train yesterday, and what a cute ending sequence!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 4 Empty11/05/13, 01:23 pm

What did you make of the final boss?
Back to top Go down
nupkin
Stability Update
nupkin

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 4 Empty11/05/13, 01:44 pm

Frustratingggg! Every time I died (which was only three times over two different train journeys), I was just a little bit Hissy fit in front of other passengers, including poor Balla.

It was very cleverly designed, with the various phases of it, but the in-between bits were hideous and I hated repeating them. It didn't help that the sun was shining in through the train window the whole time and I kept having to swivel my body to see anything.

Also when I finally sucked him up, I was convinced that it wasn't really the end and he was going to come back as a giant pirhana fish or something. What a relief when it was over!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 4 Empty11/05/13, 01:49 pm

I found the in-between bits pretty tense, too. Especially after the second one which saw you slipping around hopelessly on patches of ice during the chase.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 4 Empty11/05/13, 05:49 pm

Castlevania: Blah of Blah: X of Y: Something of Other: Mirror of Fate

Going to try for a mini-review on this one. Marks out of 10:

Story and storytelling: The story's actually pretty okay, I think! Didn't get much of it, but I liked the generation spanning thing and how the characters fit together and so on. I like the animated bits too, although the total lack of lip-synching really hurt here. A major bugbear of mine was the unskippable cut-scenes. A major one. Also I'm not sure quite how much I'm supposed to know from the previous game in the series (which never came out on a Nintendo console), or what will appear in the sequel (I don't like cliffhangers either). 6

Graphics and aesthetics: Impressive 3D and animations here, especially the animated cut-scenes as mentioned earlier. Some good monster designs too (a second-part boss being a ridiculous highlight). But... well... it's a Castlevania game. It's all moody and dark, and not even Dusty's tip of pumping up the brightness solves that. I prefer Mario Galaxy-style colour and light myself, and when the game tries for that (the Succubus boss, for example) it isn't that great. A subjective 4

Sound: Music isn't bad, just almost completely forgettable. Some decent monster sounds and good Scottish voice acting. 4

Gameplay: Ah yes, the game's saving grace. Exploration is fun, especially some of the later moveset tools, and suffers only from the game areas looking a bit samey (gothic, dark, brooding etc.). Backtracking is inevitable in this sort of game, and isn't too arduous. Combat is satisfying, with a good array of moves to use (although holding down Y is a bit too effective once you get it). Bosses in particular offer a good challenge, as does some of the platforming. Just a shame about the quick-time events really. 8

Lifespan: Feels like it's been pretty long, to be honest. 7

Endgame: A good final fight, challenging but not 3DS breaking. Then a decent final cut-scene (albeit short and kinda vague), followed by the credits scrolling against a black background and more forgettable music. And they go on for ages. Seems like they feel they have to include everyone that so much as touched a document concerning the game, including "Contract Administrator Paralegal". I did like the director of PR being called "Jay 'the Legend' Boor" though. 5

Overall: The gameplay gets much more weighting than anything else does, because that's what most of the game consists of, and I do enjoy Metroidvania (especially with combat this good); but I don't think the Castlevania style really agrees with me. Roll on the next 2D Metroid, I suppose!

6.5/10

(For reference: I'd give PMSS 5.5 and 3D Land 7. Also, I guess that... turned out not so mini.)
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 4 Empty12/05/13, 09:45 pm

Persona 4 Arena, or as i've called it a few times since getting it, Persona Was This Even Worth The Nine Month Wait 4 Arena.

The fighting is a bit too fast, and while it has an autocombo you can spam and doesn't need 180 or 360 motions, it falls into the usual fighting game trap of not exactly being noob friendly. At least the netcode seems good.

And then there's the cast and story. The first half or so of the story mode is pretty much mostly just lame character jokes over and over. LOLCHIELIKESSTEAK, etc. It pulls the Yosuke "i need to pee" joke more in the first hour or two than in the whole of P4G, f' flip's sake. When it does finally better, it's a bit late. And overall, i'd say only 2 of the 12(?) stories are actually good at all, really. The cast don't really fare much better.

At least it leaves some pretty interesting ideas for what could be coming after...
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 4 Empty13/05/13, 08:26 am

Yesterday I beat the Story Mode of Injustice: Gods Among Us. It's like most other one on one fighters I've played, only prettier and with superheroes.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 4 Empty13/05/13, 11:35 am

beemoh wrote:

Thirtytwo?! I know the game can be quite cruel but thirtytwo? & that final stretch is a pain, also I keep saying it but I still want to attempt the one survivor only mode.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 4 Empty13/05/13, 02:06 pm

The_Jaster wrote:
beemoh wrote:

Thirtytwo?! I know the game can be quite cruel but thirtytwo?

I will admit to standing on my own landmines more than once.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 4 Empty13/05/13, 08:05 pm

Very Happy I did blow myself up a few times but that was due to those gas tank zombies.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 4 Empty16/05/13, 12:08 am

Luigi's Mansion 2, absolute quality & one of the best 3DS games with a cracking final boss.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last game you finished and your thoughts
Page 4 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next