We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread

Go down 
+18
Zaphod_B
masofdas
Solve My Maze
LikesVideoGames
Treesmurf
fronkhead
Buskalilly
The_Jaster
Axis1500
Jimbob
Balladeer
ZeroJones
JayMoyles
Crumpy Andy
beemoh
Admin
Dusty Knackers
The Cappuccino Kid
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue 21 May 2013 - 7:48

To be honest, I'm not a big retro person, so I wasn't really paying attention. :reggieshrug:
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue 21 May 2013 - 23:19

I already have it on Wii, no point wasting memory on something I'm never gonna use.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 4 EmptySat 25 May 2013 - 8:39

Kirby's Dream Course has arrived - my first Wii U VC purchase. I'd never played it before and skipping the tutorials may not have been the best idea. Didn't get past the first course. Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 4 EmptySat 25 May 2013 - 11:24

I've got out am getting all the 30p games because they're 30p.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 4 EmptySat 25 May 2013 - 17:44

I've bought all the 30p games, due to being 30p even though i will never play balloon fight ever. Does anyone no how many and what else is to come after super metroid in the 30p offer. And i bought kirby adventure from the nes for 30p, so i can get the two kirby games that went up for £3.69 each if you bought nes kirby. Should i get these toe kirbys as £3.69 seems cheap. Also i want sega games from the saturn and dreamcast on VC at some point, can't see why it won't happen wii had mega drive etc
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 4 EmptySat 25 May 2013 - 19:22

I'm pretty sure its the poor mario & yoshi puzzle game next and its also the last one.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 4 EmptySat 25 May 2013 - 19:26

well its only 30p and ads 2 points to my premium account, just googled whist typing donkey kong is also coming out last.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 4 EmptySun 26 May 2013 - 0:18

Yeah, just Yoshi (some people like it, some people don't) and Donkey Kong (not DK's best game, but his most important) left to come. It's been a good run.

As for the Kirby games, masofdas, as an owner of both I say yes. Kirby Super Star is the best Kirby game besides Epic Yarn, and Dream Course is quite an intelligent, moreish take on crazy golf.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 4 EmptySun 26 May 2013 - 17:44

I'll probably start Super G n G tonight, never played it before but always heard great things.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 4 EmptyWed 29 May 2013 - 8:22

Phillips wrote:
As for the Kirby games, masofdas, as an owner of both I say yes. Kirby Super Star is the best Kirby game besides Epic Yarn, and Dream Course is quite an intelligent, moreish take on crazy golf.
Posting to echo Phillips here: Kirby Super Star is huge fun and now I've got to grips with it (the tutorials are worthwhile; if you've never played it before, check them out!), Kirby's Dream Course is brilliant stuff too.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 4 EmptyWed 29 May 2013 - 17:28

I downloaded super star last night as I had money left over & I qualified for the price cut.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 4 EmptyWed 29 May 2013 - 17:34

also gone for super star, but wasn't sure about dream course so have left it.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 4 EmptySun 2 Jun 2013 - 15:13

The_Jaster wrote:
I'll probably start Super G n G tonight, never played it before but always heard great things.

It's very very tough. Kudos to you for playing it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 4 EmptySun 2 Jun 2013 - 20:44

Incidentally I got distracted by other things & still haven't played it Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: GBA Games on the Wii U Virtual Console   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri 4 Apr 2014 - 13:19

Sufficiently different to your regular eShop fare to deserve their own thread, I feel.

3rd April:
Advance Wars
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
Metroid Fusion

10th:
Kirby & the Amazing Mirror
Wario Ware Inc.

17th:
F-Zero: Maximum Velocity
Golden Sun

24th:
Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi's Island

All at £6.29.

I'll be picking up Metroid Fusion tomorrow.  Leave your experiences of these former classics here!
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri 4 Apr 2014 - 13:30

Maybe already a thread for VC altogether? We had this before we found out that everything coming to the Virtual Console was stuff we'd already talked about years ago:

http://messedupcables.forumotion.net/t271-gnamer-all-singing-all-dancing-haven-t-i-seen-you-before-possibly-several-times-wii-u-virtual-console-thread

Could new discussion be added to that?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri 4 Apr 2014 - 13:44

Yes, yes it could!
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri 4 Apr 2014 - 14:24

Groovy!

~

I downloaded Advance Wars yesterday, and it's quickly reminded me why I can't get into it. Simply put, I find it too tough. I'm still on the training missions by the way. I'll try to give it another try, but I find it very inaccessible.

Briefly, as for what's coming up ahead, I'd definitely put WarioWare and Yoshi's Island amongst Nintendo's very best games ever. "Classics" is the word. I quite enjoy Kirby and F-Zero as well, but like WarioWare and Yoshi's Island I've got them on cartridge and as Ambassador downloads already. I haven't given Fusion or Golden Sun a chance, so I can't really comment on those. That just leaves Superstar Saga. I had it back in the day and played it for a few hours, but I think I traded it in towards my Wii. I haven't looked to buy it again since. Should I?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri 4 Apr 2014 - 19:19

Okay, nobody else is going to answer, it seems, and I'm bored at work, waiting for a jumbo-length macro to run. Sooooo...

For me, SS my favourite of the M&L games. It's the "purest" of them all, with more skilful special moves, as well as some of my favourite characters. But I'm worried that my view is tinted by nostalgia: I played it before the same three Bros. moves turned up in every ensuing instalment, when they still felt fresh. Moreover, I think it's quite verbose, possibly more so than the other M&Ls - and while I don't mind that, I'm mindful of your views on TTYD. (It isn't as verbose, don't worry.)

I loved it, but it is a JRPG, albeit not as obsessed with numbers and stats. as most. Make of that what you will!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri 4 Apr 2014 - 22:11

Golden Sun & Yoshi are catching my eye, AW maybe but not sure if I can really be bothered to play it though. All the rest look decent but can't really buy them all.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri 4 Apr 2014 - 23:54

I'd say SS is probably my least favourite of the 3 M&L games I've played. That could be a slightly skewed opinion though because I couldn't beat the final boss. I think it's less text heavy than Paper Mario TTYD (don't hold me to that though) so if you liked that this could be for you.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 4 EmptySat 5 Apr 2014 - 8:21

Just started Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga. It looks very cartoony, and the timing of hits is kicking my buttom. Can't wait to delve deeper.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 4 EmptySat 5 Apr 2014 - 21:39

As much as I'm enjoying Advance wars I think the field training (tutorial) could've been streamlined a bit, for example they really could have combined some of the missions.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 4 EmptyMon 7 Apr 2014 - 23:35

How do you buy new units in battle on Advance Wars? Can't figure it out.  Neutral 
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 4 EmptySun 13 Apr 2014 - 10:22

I picked up AW yesterday and that tutorial is crazy long! I was starting to worry that was the whole campaign and the rest was just multiplayer!
In response to TCK you can buy units from Factories that you control (though you don't get that til the campaign for some reason).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread
Page 4 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next