We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury

Go down 
+21
beemoh
Cube
Xelviar
Axis1500
NintenDUCK
masofdas
Treesmurf
Jimbob
Sentinator
Admin
nupkin
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
shanks
JayMoyles
Buskalilly
Balladeer
The Cappuccino Kid
Crumpy Andy
fronkhead
Dusty Knackers
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 4 EmptyTue 1 Oct 2013 - 18:46

I didn't think they'd pull it off.  Served me right for doubting Nintendo.  How brilliant does this look?  From the power-ups (who thought up Torpedo Mario?  Give that wo/man a raise), to the more Galaxy-esque or (dare I say it) 64-esque levels, to the meows in the music, to the bosses not being the Koopalings!  (Although Boom Boom can still go and die.)  Certain levels are looking very pretty, and there's a good amount of variety: heeee at the Goombas in rubber rings! And the mere fact that you can run around the hub, or so it seems, is an improvement on its average predecessor.

I have to say that the broadness of some of the levels, probably to fit in four characters, worries me a bit.  SM64 could get away with it, because it was setting the player loose to explore.  A time limit prevents such behaviour.  Still, Mario in a Goomba hat!

Oh, and I was a little disappointed to see Bowser instead of Wart (say), but the he drove up in a massive spikey purple road hog and everything was all right again.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 4 EmptyTue 1 Oct 2013 - 19:11

Shocked  did hell just freeze over? Razz 

I was already sold on this but everything in that new trailer is just the cherry on top, and speaking of those the duplication of your character could throw up some really clever levels.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 4 EmptyTue 1 Oct 2013 - 19:30

I was solidly in the camp of it'll be fun but not particularly special in a similar vein to 3D Land. Now I'm rather looking forwards to it!
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 4 EmptyTue 1 Oct 2013 - 20:18

Personally, I believe this is the first true MUST HAVE GAME on Wii U. Never doubt EAD. This looks amazing.

As Emily Rogers said on twitter, "the person that made the initial trailer should be sacked."

[EDITED TO AVOID CONFUSION] Duh!

Last edited by Axis1500 on Thu 3 Oct 2013 - 1:35; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 4 EmptyTue 1 Oct 2013 - 22:49

Sorry to be a downer but to me Nintendo has picked the worst date possible the same day as the PS4 launch are they mad. The game looks great but I won't be buying on it's release due to buying my PS4 and games for that.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 4 EmptyTue 1 Oct 2013 - 23:12

I don't think that matters really. Firstly not everyone can/will be getting a PS4 on launch, secondly that's only one region and thirdly it's out in time for Christmas which is probably the most important thing.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 4 EmptyTue 1 Oct 2013 - 23:23

Yes but when I go into GAME there should be big signs and displays for this like with pikmin 3 but there won't be it will be pushed to one side and forgotten about by them and more likely other places aswell.

So as marketing stand point when little jimmy goes into GAME (sorry using them a lot but only high street game store that's national), and goes to mum I want a new console for Christmas he's going to see all this PS4 and Xbone marketing in there with the Wii U tucked to one side and forgotten about, what's he going to ask for one of them not a Wii U.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 4 EmptyTue 1 Oct 2013 - 23:30

I don't see how they can give too much space to something they can't sell for several months. Mario is a big game and it will sell. I'm sure they'll give it some amount of oomph.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 4 EmptyTue 1 Oct 2013 - 23:34

Don't you remember the 360 launch.

Also now being mathsofdas I might change my ps4 bundle and maybe not get cod/battlefied, so will be able to afford this. But then again I'm buying knack, so might not buy knack as I don't need two 3D platformers on the same day.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 4 EmptyTue 1 Oct 2013 - 23:39

Can't say I do, either way just the fact it's Mario I think will give it a fair chance. It's the biggest Wii U launch so far and I'm assuming Nintendo will actually advertise it.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 4 EmptyTue 1 Oct 2013 - 23:42

Yeah my local GAMEs were a sea of green and the 360 took up pretty much the whole store and these were big stores, and you couldn't get 360's properly for month's.

Nintendo should have someone in every tesco at the front of the store demoing it.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 4 EmptyWed 2 Oct 2013 - 13:00

Mario 3D world is out Nov 22nd & ps4 is the Nov 29th

Axis1500 wrote:
As Emily Rogers said on twitter, the person that made the initial trailer should be sacked.
This looks amazing. Never doubt EAD. The Wii U finally has its first "MUST HAVE GAME".
I totally disagree with that last part "first must have game" ??? what about pikmin 3 & Rayman Legends.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 4 EmptyWed 2 Oct 2013 - 13:03

Mario is the 29th unless your watching the American direct or something. http://www.computerandvideogames.com/431724/super-mario-3d-world-release-date-november-29-in-europe/

Not sure if rayman legends a must have wii u title as it's multi format. But agree about pikmin 3.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 4 EmptyWed 2 Oct 2013 - 13:11

ahhh I've only seen the Mario Trailer which said 22nd at the end Very Happy what does Rayman being multi format have to do with being must have or not? During the reviews it was repeatedly said that the wii U version is the best version to play so in that regard if you have Legends then it MUST be on the wii U.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 4 EmptyWed 2 Oct 2013 - 14:09

I know wii u version is the best, but it isn't going to make anyone that owns a 360 / ps3 go out and buy a wii u. If you own a wii u all ready then it's a title you need to play that i agree on.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 4 EmptyWed 2 Oct 2013 - 16:19

So that was alright. The seemingly huge number of new power-ups could go either way, although the sight of Fire Flower Peach was a fun moment and the Cat Suit continues to be awesome. It looks slightly Galactic but mostly 3D Land-y to me, which is probably right, given the console it's appearing on and the legacy of the title.

In short, now I'm really keen! Dance
Back to top Go down
Xelviar
Boo This Man .Gif
Xelviar

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 4 EmptyWed 2 Oct 2013 - 18:21

HOLY FUCK THIS GAME'S AWESOME!

I must be the only one excited to use a Bullet Bill cap on that game... I can't wait for the game's release now!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 4 EmptyWed 2 Oct 2013 - 18:24

Somebody didn't read the whole page! Razz
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Xelviar
Boo This Man .Gif
Xelviar

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 4 EmptyWed 2 Oct 2013 - 18:35

Balladeer wrote:
Somebody didn't read the whole page! Razz
Dude, shut up!DAMN YOU! Nah nah! 

Yeah torpedo bill cap for the win! I have seen the trailer enough times to make my mind up, and yeah, day one (If I had a spare wii U or a new gamepad!)
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 4 EmptyWed 2 Oct 2013 - 18:56

Pikmin 3 is amazing, incredible. Unfortunately, the IP was never a massive seller. (No Pikmin game ever sold more than 2m.)

Rayman Legends would have been a system seller back in February. As it is, the people with PS3/360s see no reason to upgrade, and many Wii U owners (still, despite my best efforts to convince them) are avoiding the game like the plague.

Last edited by Axis1500 on Thu 3 Oct 2013 - 1:28; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 4 EmptyWed 2 Oct 2013 - 23:11

masofdas wrote:
I know wii u version is the best, but it isn't going to make anyone that owns a 360 / ps3 go out and buy a wii u. If you own a wii u all ready then it's a title you need to play that i agree on.
Axis1500 wrote:
The_Jaster wrote:
Mario 3D world is out Nov 22nd & ps4 is the Nov 29th

Axis1500 wrote:
As Emily Rogers said on twitter, the person that made the initial trailer should be sacked.
This looks amazing. Never doubt EAD. The Wii U finally has its first "MUST HAVE GAME".
I totally disagree with that last part "first must have game" ??? what about pikmin 3 & Rayman Legends.
Pikmin 3 is amazing, incredible. Unfortunately, the IP was never a massive seller. (No Pikmin game ever sold more than 2m.)

Rayman Legends would have been a system seller back in February. As it is, the people with PS3/360s see no reason to upgrade, and many Wii U owners (still, despite my best efforts to convince them) are avoiding the game like the plague.
It doesn't need to make other format owners go and buy the wii U version or sell a lot of units to be classed as "must have" its the content of the game itself that does that, for example if someone was buying a wii U wouldn't you recommend those games to them? If the answer to that is yes then simply put they are must have games.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 4 EmptyWed 2 Oct 2013 - 23:17

I did agree if you own a wii u then rayman and pikmin 3 are must haves but aren't system sellers that the wii u needs but mario could be that system seller. I would recommend a lot of games mass effect 3 to wii u owners if they have not played before as it's that good of game.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 4 EmptyWed 2 Oct 2013 - 23:22

Duh! Duh! Duh! (where's the slam the head against a brick wall emoticon?)

To put it as blunt as possible that's not what I'm on about, that Emily Rogers said SM3DW is the first must have game for wii U & I'm saying I couldn't disagree more strongly than I already am about that statement.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 4 EmptyWed 2 Oct 2013 - 23:33

Axis1500 wrote:
Axis said it not Emily jas and talking to her she agrees all wii u owners should have pikmin 3 & w101.

I think me and axis think must have game as in the game that you want play and go buy a system for so a must have like titanfall is for me on xbox one but lot call it a system seller which it also is, game like pikmin are must buys when you have your wii u.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 4 EmptyWed 2 Oct 2013 - 23:37

Well if that's the case Axis hasn't worded his post very well, some quotations in the correct places would've helped.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury
Page 4 of 18Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 18  Next