We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Let's All Play Rebirth: Suggestions Thread

Go down 
+9
Admin
The Cappuccino Kid
ZeroJones
fronkhead
The_Jaster
Crumpy Andy
masofdas
beemoh
JayMoyles
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

Let's All Play Rebirth: Suggestions Thread - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's All Play Rebirth: Suggestions Thread   Let's All Play Rebirth: Suggestions Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu 14 Jul 2016 - 21:01

Yep - I don't need to buy any more games, but yep - let's do it.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Let's All Play Rebirth: Suggestions Thread   Let's All Play Rebirth: Suggestions Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed 24 Aug 2016 - 8:39

Did we agree Wii is Retro and because of the 10th Anniversary of both NGamer & the Wii are we going to mix Wii games in to retro lets play together at some point.

Reason I ask is I'm going into town on Fridayish and didn't know if I should pick up something like red steel (can't we play something good), is there a plan as well like that got a 9 (right) back in the day, are we going to replay games NGamer gave high praise to?

I'm sort of excited to go back to the Wii as a lot of the games can be picked up cheap (part from Nintendo's) and I basically missed the system after the first year, that going back to some for me would be great.

Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Let's All Play Rebirth: Suggestions Thread   Let's All Play Rebirth: Suggestions Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed 24 Aug 2016 - 9:31

We should probably get a list together in advance so that when the time comes, we can all play together (awww). I don't expect us all to replay through Twilight Princess, but it would be good to play Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz, Eledees, Excite Truck, Red Steel, that marble game I forget the name of, and other games that scored about 80%+.

Bear in mind that the Wii's first year did have dry spells.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Let's All Play Rebirth: Suggestions Thread   Let's All Play Rebirth: Suggestions Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed 24 Aug 2016 - 9:41

Yeah sure and I guess it doesn't have to be year one stuff or is the plan 2016 we play 2006 games then in 2017 we play 2007 games and so on.

Cost is the big thing for me as do I want to pay £17.99 of the eShop or even £8 from CEX for SMG knowing I'm not a fan of the controls, some like SMG if enough of us are replaying that I would likely cave and get for the £8 but sometimes there could be only like two of us playing.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Let's All Play Rebirth: Suggestions Thread   Let's All Play Rebirth: Suggestions Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed 24 Aug 2016 - 11:08

masofdas wrote:
Yeah sure and I guess it doesn't have to be year one stuff or is the plan 2016 we play 2006 games then in 2017 we play 2007 games and so on.

Cost is the big thing for me as do I want to pay £17.99 of the eShop or even £8 from CEX for SMG knowing I'm not a fan of the controls, some like SMG if enough of us are replaying that I would likely cave and get for the £8 but sometimes there could be only like two of us playing.

Given Super Mario Galaxy is one of the greatest games ever made, we may well include that. Especially as it's level-based and can be played for brief moments, or longer stretches where possible. The only things I would suggest to be excluded may be games like Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn that came out in 2007 and are now at least £40 used.

To capture the feel of each NGamer magazine, it would be nice to play games they are reviewing (or at least talking about).
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Let's All Play Rebirth: Suggestions Thread   Let's All Play Rebirth: Suggestions Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed 24 Aug 2016 - 11:10

Yeah sure and if there is enough of playing a game then I would pick it up.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Let's All Play Rebirth: Suggestions Thread   Let's All Play Rebirth: Suggestions Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed 24 Aug 2016 - 11:23

gjones wrote:
Given Super Mario Galaxy is one of the greatest games ever made, we may well include that.

Love the understatement here. 10/10, would tagline. Cool
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Let's All Play Rebirth: Suggestions Thread   Let's All Play Rebirth: Suggestions Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed 24 Aug 2016 - 16:31

Mas, you are literally the only conscious entity in this universe or the infinite other variations across length, breadth, depth and time, not to mention multitudinous other dimensions of which our brains cannot begin to conceive, who has ever for a single second entertained your weird opinions about Super Mario Galaxy, so please don't be offended if we decide to play that one despite your protestations.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Let's All Play Rebirth: Suggestions Thread   Let's All Play Rebirth: Suggestions Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed 24 Aug 2016 - 16:34

I actually now a few people who don't like the controls now but like I said I'm happy to give it another go and same with SMG2 as well as long as there no silly expensive for Wii games.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Let's All Play Rebirth: Suggestions Thread   Let's All Play Rebirth: Suggestions Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed 24 Aug 2016 - 19:50

masofdas wrote:

Just looking at NGamer #14 (October 2007), and all games that scored 80% or more:

Call of Duty 3 [80%]
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2 [81%]
Eledees [82%]
Gottlieb Pinball Classics [80%]
Heatseeker [80%]
Kororinpa [81%]
Madden NFL 07 [80%]
Manhunt 2 [92%]
Mercury Meltdown Revolution [80%]
Red Steel [90%]
Resident Evil 4 [96%]
Scarface: The World is Yours [82%]
Sonic and the Secret Rings [82%]
SSX Blur [88%]
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz [84%]
Super Paper Mario [88%]
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess [97%]
Trauma Center: Second Opinion [84%]
Warioware: Smooth Moves [83%]
Wii Sports [82%]

See, I have no interest in Call of Duty, Dragon Ball Z or Madden. The others though, I'd happily pick up over the next 12 months (most of them are selling for a couple of quid).
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Let's All Play Rebirth: Suggestions Thread   Let's All Play Rebirth: Suggestions Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed 24 Aug 2016 - 19:59

For a thread, I was just going to revisit a load of launch-era Wii games, play them all on a boring Sunday and chat a bit about my 2016 impressions of them. I don't think I'd sit and play through the whole of Sonic & The Secret Rings or anything, but I'll definitely stick stuff like Eledees, Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam and Excite Truck for an hour or two.

Kororinpa just deserves to be played whatever the year, it's quality.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Let's All Play Rebirth: Suggestions Thread   Let's All Play Rebirth: Suggestions Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed 24 Aug 2016 - 20:30

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
For a thread, I was just going to revisit a load of launch-era Wii games, play them all on a boring Sunday and chat a bit about my 2016 impressions of them. I don't think I'd sit and play through the whole of Sonic & The Secret Rings or anything, but I'll definitely stick stuff like Eledees, Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam and Excite Truck for an hour or two.

Something like this, or just playing a few games when we discuss an issue of NGamer, might be better than taking up Lets All Play with lots of Wii games.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Let's All Play Rebirth: Suggestions Thread   Let's All Play Rebirth: Suggestions Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed 24 Aug 2016 - 20:35

Drunkalilly wrote:
The Cappuccino Kid wrote:

Something like this, or just playing a few games when we discuss an issue of NGamer, might be better than taking up Lets All Play with lots of Wii games.

That's fair. We can play Wii/DS games for the NGamer threads and cross over with Let's All Play from time to time. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Let's All Play Rebirth: Suggestions Thread   Let's All Play Rebirth: Suggestions Thread - Page 5 EmptyFri 26 Aug 2016 - 8:46

Fair enough, when you do a Wii game in Lets All Play, I'll check it out but in till then my Wii collection and my time playing it will be almost zero.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Let's All Play Rebirth: Suggestions Thread   Let's All Play Rebirth: Suggestions Thread - Page 5 EmptySat 20 May 2017 - 13:28

Poor retro thread and the Wii.

I was thinking of something that might be fun after reading Balla's review of MK8D as he brings up about it being 3 years old and reviewing in the last game I didn't finish thread as it has no real end.

What I was thinking was we just randomly pick a retro game (doesn't have to the same as everyone else) and we give it a mini sort of review.

Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Let's All Play Rebirth: Suggestions Thread   Let's All Play Rebirth: Suggestions Thread - Page 5 EmptySun 21 May 2017 - 10:37

I concur, mas. I am an old man who likes talking about old things, mind!
Hopefully, we'll get some VC stuff at E3, and maybe that'll help out. If Nintendo do their "free old game of the month", that might make life easier.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Let's All Play Rebirth: Suggestions Thread   Let's All Play Rebirth: Suggestions Thread - Page 5 EmptySun 21 May 2017 - 10:48

I'm up for this. But would it be mini-reviews in the forum or putting a bit more effort and making it a Gintendo post?

Would be up for doing a piece on Wave Race BS, particularly with there being a bit more demand for a new one.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Let's All Play Rebirth: Suggestions Thread   Let's All Play Rebirth: Suggestions Thread - Page 5 EmptySun 21 May 2017 - 13:42

Not everyone would want to post something on Gintendo or have lot's to say but if you do that's why it was made.

VC would help a lot Mr Bob but I was thinking for myself using the lucky dip on backloggey and playing whatever game it gives me.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Let's All Play Rebirth: Suggestions Thread   Let's All Play Rebirth: Suggestions Thread - Page 5 EmptySun 21 May 2017 - 14:19

Jimbob wrote:
I am an old man who likes talking about old things, mind!

If Nintendo do their "free old game of the month", that might make life easier.

Yes and yes. Playing Nintendo's Old Game Of The Month and talkin' 'bout it in this forum will be great. Grin
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Let's All Play Rebirth: Suggestions Thread   Let's All Play Rebirth: Suggestions Thread - Page 5 EmptyMon 22 May 2017 - 15:55

I was thinking about making a "GNamer Video Game Book Club" of sorts with whatever Nintendo's free Virtual Console game du jour is in each month. It makes the job of picking a game for Let's All Play much easier and it'll also mean we'll get our value for money out of Ninty's paid online service.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Let's All Play Rebirth: Suggestions Thread   Let's All Play Rebirth: Suggestions Thread - Page 5 EmptyMon 22 May 2017 - 21:06

Doing something like that with Nintendo's free games is something I'm super interested in. As for picking a retro title and giving it a little write-up, that's something I enjoy on a whim but I'm not well inclined to do something on command- even when that command is my own! Look how my Music Weeks or Phoenix Wright diaries ended up . . .
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Let's All Play Rebirth: Suggestions Thread   Let's All Play Rebirth: Suggestions Thread - Page 5 EmptyMon 22 May 2017 - 21:58

'Virtual Console game du jour' is a beautiful phrase. Grin As has already been mentioned, I hope more deets are coming at E3. And I don't even say 'deets'. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Let's All Play Rebirth: Suggestions Thread   Let's All Play Rebirth: Suggestions Thread - Page 5 EmptyTue 23 May 2017 - 12:53

Yeah I get you Drunka.

I wasn't thinking just retro as even a 360 launch game is 12 years but something a older and a bit random.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Let's All Play Rebirth: Suggestions Thread   Let's All Play Rebirth: Suggestions Thread - Page 5 EmptyTue 6 Jun 2017 - 21:45

So, Pokémon Gold/Silver thread from September 22nd? Grin The R/B/Y thread was pretty popular, and this is my favourite gen before 7...
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Let's All Play Rebirth: Suggestions Thread   Let's All Play Rebirth: Suggestions Thread - Page 5 EmptyTue 6 Jun 2017 - 21:54

Hells to the yeah, especially if I can play on Switch instead of 3DS.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's All Play Rebirth: Suggestions Thread   Let's All Play Rebirth: Suggestions Thread - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Let's All Play Rebirth: Suggestions Thread
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next