We've tried beers, they taste like beers.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you playing on your computer?

Go down 
+16
Kriken
gjones
Buskalilly
ZeroJones
Balladeer
Muss
masofdas
The_Jaster
beemoh
Cube
Axis1500
fronkhead
Gwyn400
Crumpy Andy
Jimbob
JayMoyles
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

What are you playing on your computer? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 2 EmptySat 9 Nov 2013 - 7:13

Double post - but Borderlands and Evoland have been taking up my time as of late. Borderlands is everything I expected it to be, and Evoland has been a neat RPG/Zelda parody so far.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 2 EmptySat 16 Nov 2013 - 21:52

I didn't want to triple post but oh well. I'll edit from here on if nobody is playing things on their PC, even if it is just me talking to myself.

I'm currently playing two things - Reccetear for like the umpteenth time without finishing it and To The Moon. I don't know why I haven't finished Reccetear yet despite having owned it for ages. I think it's just because whilst the premise of the game is interesting, it's just not executed in a manner which holds my attention. Total contrast to To The Moon, which I went into with near to no idea what it was about and have been thoroughly enraptured by it. I'm taking it slowly as I get the impression it's a short game, and this has such a unique and tranquil atmosphere so I really want to savour this while it lasts. Great writing too - heartfelt and earnest when it needs to be, witty and geeky at the right times too. The fact it has the balls to go for a Doctor Who joke about him trying to get a piano into the TARDIS and pull it off is brilliant.
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 2 EmptyThu 19 Dec 2013 - 22:37

I don't play many games on my PC, but I'm really enjoying The Stanley Parable.
It is a crazy and funny deconstruction of the tropes of gaming, where disobeying the narrator results in all kinds of weirdness.
There's a free demo available, which contains precisely none of the content of the actual game lol.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 2 EmptyThu 19 Dec 2013 - 23:56

I was thinking about picking up The Stanley Parable myself, glad you're enjoying it Axis.
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 2 EmptyFri 20 Dec 2013 - 19:20

fronkhead wrote:
I was thinking about picking up The Stanley Parable myself, glad you're enjoying it Axis.

Try the free demo first. It gives you a pretty good idea of the tone of the game. The whole thing is very "Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy" and might be an acquired taste.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 2 EmptyFri 20 Dec 2013 - 19:37

Thanks for the heads-up, I'll do that then.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 2 EmptySat 21 Dec 2013 - 11:15

I was tempted by the Stanley Parable, but I've got so many games to play in my Steam account right now that it's not even funny.  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 2 EmptySat 21 Dec 2013 - 17:07

I caved in and bought it last night. It's great. Laughed out loud at many moments and it never feels pretentious like some other indie games that try to be art do. Has a lot to say about parallels between choice in videogames and choice in real life, but I'll say no more. Play it.
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 2 EmptySun 22 Dec 2013 - 0:42

fronkhead wrote:
I caved in and bought it last night. It's great. Laughed out loud at many moments and it never feels pretentious like some other indie games that try to be art do. Has a lot to say about parallels between choice in videogames and choice in real life, but I'll say no more. Play it.

Glad you're enjoying it. I was hesitant to say "buy it" because I recommended it to a friend, and.... they didn't "get" it. The Demo's worth playing too. Completely different from the actual game, but just as clever / amusing.
Back to top Go down
Cube
Garreg Mach Geography Teacher

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 2 EmptySun 22 Dec 2013 - 11:10

I've been playing the early access version of Next Car Game. Here are a few videos I recorded:

Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 2 EmptyMon 23 Dec 2013 - 18:14

Couldn't watch those videos, but had a quick google and I didn't realise this is the next game BugBear are making! Been playing FlatOut Ultimate Carnage recently and it's the most fun I've had with an arcade racer this generation, and I've played a lot of those in the last 8 years.
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 2 EmptyTue 7 Jan 2014 - 9:04

Spec Ops: The Line

I'm not normally into military shooters.
Back to top Go down
Cube

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 2 EmptyTue 7 Jan 2014 - 11:06

Spec Ops: The Line is a game I think everyone should play (even if they're not into military shooters). However, explaining why would ruin the impact of the game.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 2 EmptyMon 13 Jan 2014 - 14:30

Metal Gear Rising. I took a gamble due to its ridiculously high system requirements, but it runs like a dream on my Surface (I get 60 frames per second). I can only guess the requirements are so high (and nVidia-related) because it's an "NVidia: The way it's meant to be played" game. Sigh.
Back to top Go down
Cube

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 2 EmptyWed 15 Jan 2014 - 0:22

I played (and finished) Act 1 of Broken Age (the new adventure game from Double Fine). The game is gorgeous and the voice acting is top-notch. A couple of puzzles made me thing, but nothing too taxing (hopefully part 2 is more difficult).

The story is great. Especially the end, which I'll discuss in a spoiler box at a later date.

I'm very much looking forward to Act 2.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 2 EmptyWed 15 Jan 2014 - 21:26

Started playing Fez. Have treated it as a platformer so far, and not looked at all of the cryptic puzzle aspects.

And MineCraft. STILL.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 2 EmptyWed 15 Jan 2014 - 22:08

Skyrim... starting this just before uni started back was a MASSIVE mistake.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 2 EmptyWed 15 Jan 2014 - 23:42

Old FPS time: F.E.A.R.

Seemed a bit generic to begin with, but I Worked out how to use the slow-mo properly and it's got a bit more interesting, gameplay-wise. A work colleague who played it previously praised it for its atmosphere, so there's that to look forward to.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 2 EmptyFri 17 Jan 2014 - 6:26

I've got al 3 F.E.A.R games sitting in my Steam Library, but I'm much too big a wuss to play them.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 2 EmptyFri 17 Jan 2014 - 23:56

Not played it myself but that Nidhogg looks great.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 2 EmptySat 18 Jan 2014 - 7:11

It really does! Seems like something that'd be a blast in local multiplayer.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 2 EmptySat 25 Jan 2014 - 19:40

After breaking free of Skyrim's shackles, I decided to start Fallout New Vegas. There's a lot more emphasis on choice than in FO3, I'd forgotten about that aspect of the game.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 2 EmptySat 25 Jan 2014 - 21:01

I absolutely adore the faction system in New Vegas. The only aspects I think NV isn't as good as Fallout 3 is the soundtrack and lack of buildings to explore.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 2 EmptySat 25 Jan 2014 - 21:37

Yeah, going from Skyrim to New Vegas, the world is a lot more sparse than Skyrim. I do get that's meant to be the point, but even some ruins or something would have been nice to see.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 2 EmptyTue 4 Feb 2014 - 19:45

New Vegas - what faction did you end up going with Andy, and anyone else who's played it? Or if you played it through multiple times which one was your first choice?

I ended up going with the Wild Card route. I ruled out the Legion immediately because of their dark ages view of women and the general slavery and barbarism, and I ruled out House because he was an insular autocratic dictator with no concern for anyone but himself and his holdings. I almost went NCR because they're the closest thing to a democracy in this, but they're too corrupt. I'm playing a good character, and I figure I can clear the Wasteland of trouble like the Legion and some of the gangs with little violence, and persuade the NCR to clear off peacefully too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you playing on your computer?
Page 2 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next