Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Best/Worst Console Launches in History

Go down 
+13
Cube
ZeroJones
fronkhead
The_Jaster
SuperPaperLink
Treesmurf
masofdas
The Cappuccino Kid
Athrun888
Balladeer
Fancy Fancy
Crumpy Andy
JayMoyles
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

Best/Worst Console Launches in History - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best/Worst Console Launches in History   Best/Worst Console Launches in History - Page 4 EmptySun 17 Nov 2013 - 16:09

Conversely, I can't see anything but a struggle for the Xbox One after the initial buzz of it's launch. At it's current price point and what it looks to be offering over the course of the next year or two (fuck all, basically), I can see a lot of journos recycling their 'Wii U is doomed' stories and applying them to XB One.

PS4 looks set up to do well in the long-term though.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Best/Worst Console Launches in History   Best/Worst Console Launches in History - Page 4 EmptySun 17 Nov 2013 - 16:11

I can't see it not doing good numbers just based on the already installed userbase they've got from the Xbox 360. I don't see them challenging the PS4's numbers competitively though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Best/Worst Console Launches in History   Best/Worst Console Launches in History - Page 4 EmptySun 17 Nov 2013 - 16:18

I'm still getting a xbone next year, but if you can afford one the PS4 is the better buy as like you said TCK. Price and what be lack of exclusive compared to the PS4.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Best/Worst Console Launches in History   Best/Worst Console Launches in History - Page 4 EmptySun 17 Nov 2013 - 17:49

I saw a PS4 advert on the tube today. A huge one. Marketing probably helped.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Best/Worst Console Launches in History   Best/Worst Console Launches in History - Page 4 EmptySun 17 Nov 2013 - 18:42

Are those actual ps4 sales or the number shipped? (Link for proof would be nice)

As for ps4 adverts I've seen none but it seems ye can't watch a show on tv without seein one for the XO
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Best/Worst Console Launches in History   Best/Worst Console Launches in History - Page 4 EmptySun 17 Nov 2013 - 19:11

Yeah seen lot's of Xbone ad's, I don't think sony need to do any ads if the things sold-out. I can still get a xbone in my local game on launch.

Sony announced today that one million PlayStation 4s have already been sold to customers in North America. The news was confirmed via Twitter by Sony Worldwide Studios president Shuhei Yoshida, who wrote “PS4 has sold through over 1 million units within 24 hours of the launch in North America!”

Adam Boyes, Sony Vice President of publisher and developer relations, added “Thanks to all of you gamers in getting us to 1,000,000 sales of PS4 in our first 24 hours!”
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Best/Worst Console Launches in History   Best/Worst Console Launches in History - Page 4 EmptyMon 18 Nov 2013 - 11:33

Also now with PS4 out and the Xbox One out in 4 day's (actually this will do better numbers as MSoft will add the whole world together).

Anyone got any predictions about the 8th generation, to me this feels abit like the 6th gen. When I had a mega drive went to PS1 there was that leap from 2D to 3D, when I went from Cube, PS2, Xbox to 360, PS3 and Wii it was from SD to HD or a new way to play.

This time feels like when I went from PS1 N64 to PS2, Cube nothing really changed apart from better graphics really, I know there was things like GBA kink up. Okay I know the Wii U does ad a new way to play but it's not a innovative as the Wiimote was.

My prediction is PS4 wins the 8th gen due to better exclusives, better price point and having things like COD now more playable due to the dual shock 4 being better then previous controllers.

The Xbox One is second, sells well in North America and has sells spikes when likes of Hlao come out.

The Wii U is last, but I'm going that Nintendo will actually make money on the Wii U eventually.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Best/Worst Console Launches in History   Best/Worst Console Launches in History - Page 4 EmptyTue 19 Nov 2013 - 20:24

1) its way too early to call & 2) I'd rather not put them into a bracket of 1st - 3rd as I will inevitably go to where I find the most interesting games.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Best/Worst Console Launches in History   Best/Worst Console Launches in History - Page 4 EmptyTue 19 Nov 2013 - 21:56

Games might not determine a winner though, as the dreamcast & gamecube had better games then the PS2 & X-Box but sold less.

There will be a winner and I'm going PS4, I did say Nintendo would make money on Wii U eventually so they could still be the winners.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Best/Worst Console Launches in History   Best/Worst Console Launches in History - Page 4 EmptyTue 19 Nov 2013 - 22:07

masofdas wrote:
the dreamcast had better games than the PS2
Ah, come on now.

~

I'm with The_Jaster on this.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Best/Worst Console Launches in History   Best/Worst Console Launches in History - Page 4 EmptyTue 19 Nov 2013 - 22:13

Shenmue II is all I have to say.

We all on here might go were we think what has the best games. But as a whole doesn't mean everyone else will.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Best/Worst Console Launches in History   Best/Worst Console Launches in History - Page 4 EmptyTue 19 Nov 2013 - 22:44

masofdas wrote:
Games might not determine a winner though, as the dreamcast & gamecube had better games then the PS2 & X-Box but sold less.
Totally subjective.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Best/Worst Console Launches in History   Best/Worst Console Launches in History - Page 4 EmptyTue 19 Nov 2013 - 22:59

I know it's subjective but as the console vote we did we preferred the GameCube over PS2 and X-Box which both sold more then the Cube. So there's a reason why we voted it above them more likely due to games but that didn't translate to sells.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Best/Worst Console Launches in History   Best/Worst Console Launches in History - Page 4 EmptyTue 19 Nov 2013 - 23:43

I think the main question is over Dreamcast, some guy looking for sailors certainly doesn't sell the Dreamcast to me.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Best/Worst Console Launches in History   Best/Worst Console Launches in History - Page 4 EmptyTue 19 Nov 2013 - 23:47

Okay if sailors aren't your thing, there's loads more quality game's just. go look at the 6th generation thread to see my personal Top 10 Dreamcast game's.

Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Best/Worst Console Launches in History   Best/Worst Console Launches in History - Page 4 EmptyTue 19 Nov 2013 - 23:59

I'm sure they're good but I can't imagine many people will struggle to find a top 10 from the PS2 and Cube that they'd prefer.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Best/Worst Console Launches in History   Best/Worst Console Launches in History - Page 4 EmptyWed 20 Nov 2013 - 0:30

Yeah not denying the Cube has great game's, my fav game of the 6th gen is wind waker and is in my top games all time.  Along with Shenmue II,  it's a masterpiece. If sega brought number 3 out tomorrow on xbone, I would be cancelling my ps4 and getting a xbone. Also if you look in the retro thread did do a overall top 10 of 6th gen which consists mainly of gamecube games.  But the gulf between number 2 and 3 on that list is huge.

Also remember the dreamcast officially was only around from 1999-2001 , look at the PS2 games of that time.  You see which console is hands down was better.  Also you see the love for still in December's Releases.

We've gone way of topic of launchs and the question I asked which who do you think will win the 8th gen. I'm still saying PS4 will sell the most SKUs, just wanted to see what you guys thought out of the 3 whom would sell the most SKUs worldwide.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Best/Worst Console Launches in History   Best/Worst Console Launches in History - Page 4 EmptyWed 20 Nov 2013 - 0:51

I just don't think you're going to find many folk around here that are into discussing who will "win/lose" as they will perhaps be too busy discussing their favourite games that they like to play. (Regardless of what system they are on)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Best/Worst Console Launches in History   Best/Worst Console Launches in History - Page 4 EmptyWed 20 Nov 2013 - 0:57

Thought you all would want to be pretend to be Pachtar.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Best/Worst Console Launches in History   Best/Worst Console Launches in History - Page 4 EmptyWed 20 Nov 2013 - 8:11

masofdas wrote:
I know it's subjective but as the console vote we did we preferred the GameCube over PS2 and X-Box which both sold more then the Cube. So there's a reason why we voted it above them more likely due to games but that didn't translate to sells.
Having mostly come from a Nintendo magazine's website to here, we are a very biased sample indeed. I broadly agree that the winner of a console generation cannot be determined purely from sales, though. Mind you, as far as I'm concerned, winners are unimportant as long as each of us has personally enjoyed what we've played.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Best/Worst Console Launches in History   Best/Worst Console Launches in History - Page 4 EmptyWed 20 Nov 2013 - 9:47

True that. As long as I get some great games, I'm the/a winner! Grin 
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Best/Worst Console Launches in History   Best/Worst Console Launches in History - Page 4 EmptyWed 20 Nov 2013 - 10:24

Yeah the gamer wins at the end of the day, as you know I seem to be a the gaming equivalent of a hipster . I don't like the mainstream console eg PS2 but love the not so mainstream Dreamcast. Out of what I know about PS4, XBone and Wii U, also going to have all 3 still reckon the Wii U will be my favorite out of three.

Also normally at launch consoles end up on eBay, it's no different this time PS4 seem to be selling for $600 on there own that's $200 profit. Some even more if they've got games etc
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Best/Worst Console Launches in History   Best/Worst Console Launches in History - Page 4 EmptyThu 21 Nov 2013 - 12:04

So coming out from North America the PS4 has a attach rate of 3:1 with 1  of those being from EA, hearing need for speed is sold out. The number 1 selling PS4 game is Call of Duty Ghosts, and PS4 has had the best launch ever in Canada.

Also Xbox One is now for sell in New Zealand, the 1st of the 13 places that will get the Xbox One. I don't know who will be last of the 13.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Best/Worst Console Launches in History   Best/Worst Console Launches in History - Page 4 EmptySun 24 Nov 2013 - 11:52

Triple Combo,

The Xbox One Sold One Million Consoles it in first day worldwide, I say worldwide but it's only actually 13 places. And aren't sold out I now of 4 places I can go get one right now.

A Million sounds good but compare it to the PS4 selling a Million in only two places, it doesn't seem as good.

I would be interested to see how many xbones were sold in North America to compare against the PS4.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Best/Worst Console Launches in History   Best/Worst Console Launches in History - Page 4 EmptyWed 27 Nov 2013 - 1:05

Good to know both consoles sold through many units at launch, but it's not really worth looking into these figures -- launch day sales aren't really indicative of long term performance, and here the strong launches were more a result of Sony and Microsoft not being supply constrained, manufacturing enough units to satisfy demand.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best/Worst Console Launches in History   Best/Worst Console Launches in History - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Best/Worst Console Launches in History
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next