Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Best/Worst Console Launches in History

Go down 
+13
Cube
ZeroJones
fronkhead
The_Jaster
SuperPaperLink
Treesmurf
masofdas
The Cappuccino Kid
Athrun888
Balladeer
Fancy Fancy
Crumpy Andy
JayMoyles
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

Best/Worst Console Launches in History - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best/Worst Console Launches in History   Best/Worst Console Launches in History - Page 3 EmptyFri 8 Nov 2013 - 16:41

I've never played it myself or been a real fan of racing games but I remember hearing a lot of buzz about it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Best/Worst Console Launches in History   Best/Worst Console Launches in History - Page 3 EmptyFri 8 Nov 2013 - 16:47

I remember PGR being huge back in 2005.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Best/Worst Console Launches in History   Best/Worst Console Launches in History - Page 3 EmptyFri 8 Nov 2013 - 16:50

So were wolfsburg hence why used them, I remember like of 2become not getting a 360 at launch but is getting a xbone at launch because of forza. The last console to have a proper system seller was the xbox with halo.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Best/Worst Console Launches in History   Best/Worst Console Launches in History - Page 3 EmptyFri 8 Nov 2013 - 17:01

The Wii had Twilight Princess, but I suppose the Wii didn't need a system seller as the Wii itself shifted units. Definitely one of the most successful launches in history that one.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Best/Worst Console Launches in History   Best/Worst Console Launches in History - Page 3 EmptyFri 8 Nov 2013 - 17:02

Wii had Wii sports but that was a pack in , and reason I don't think Twilight is a system seller even though I did buy a wii for it but I would of bought a wii any way, as it GameCube game.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Best/Worst Console Launches in History   Best/Worst Console Launches in History - Page 3 EmptySat 9 Nov 2013 - 0:57

PGR was basically MSR in all but name so obviously it was a cracking game. (Never did play it though but always heard nothing but praise for it)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Best/Worst Console Launches in History   Best/Worst Console Launches in History - Page 3 EmptySat 9 Nov 2013 - 13:08

PGR was a great series and MSoft have said they are looking at bringing it back, I hope they give it to the team that did Horizon.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Best/Worst Console Launches in History   Best/Worst Console Launches in History - Page 3 EmptySun 10 Nov 2013 - 0:16

masofdas wrote:
Wii had Wii sports but that was a pack in , and reason I don't think Twilight is a system seller even though I did buy a wii for it but I would of bought a wii any way, as it GameCube game.
Ahh but the sales on Wii compared to Cube suggest differently, plus the Cube version was a week later and they only made about 10 copies.

All in all though it's probably safe to say the Wii was the best console launch ever what with every man and his dog's cousin's next door neighbour wanting one.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Best/Worst Console Launches in History   Best/Worst Console Launches in History - Page 3 EmptySun 10 Nov 2013 - 17:21

I do think a lot of zelda fans did like me bought a wii with twilight together because it was aww new console and a new zelda let's get it then actually thinking I could this on my GameCube or people might of sold there Cube you always see them used, GAME sells them for £2.

You might be shocked by this,

I can only find North American Figures (only bit's of others) the Original X-Box sold 600,000 unit's in 3 day's the Wii took 8 day's to reach this number, the PS2 sold 500,000 in it's 1st week,  so the X-Box seems to had the best launch at the moment but we know the PS4 has 1.5+ million preorders worldwide, so I'm guessing that will pass any records if based on first week.

Also I think this is best place to ask, rattlecat (i think) brought up one of the reasons he's not getting either big black consoles of power is there could be launch issues. So just wondering if anyone had any problems with launch hardware.  

Myself had a few problems with 360s. My launch Core RROD but went back to MS with no problems whilst it was gone the elite came out so bought one of those on day of release which ended up RROD also went back under what became the 5 year RROD warranty, but when it came back it got another issue it stopped out putting a picture. So went back to MS again outside of standard 12 month warranty but they fixed for free MS and even gave me 3 month's Xbox Live.  Great service from MS all in all.

Now to Sony not so great service, I bought a launch PS3 60gb had it for ages but rarely played it anyway after the PSN outage and Sony offered the welcome back game's I went to download Infamous, during this the PS3 crashed and never came back to live. Rang Sony after dealing with MS and them fixing 360 for free out of warranty, thought Sony would do the same as my PS3 was about 4 years old at this point, Sony's answer to my problem was to buy a new one, I did lie and say I play my PS2 games on my PS3 they weren't bothered one bit and that I spent X amount on a launch console. I did buy another 60GB used about year after my launch one died, that was only because my TV came with a 3D Blu Ray player and was offered a excellent trade in for it. That was a launch 60gb and is still working 2become now owns it.

All my other launch consoles have been fine, well a few dreamcast have played up on me and some being early modals but that's mainly down to them being old.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Best/Worst Console Launches in History   Best/Worst Console Launches in History - Page 3 EmptySun 10 Nov 2013 - 22:35

I had a lot of issues with my 360. It RRoD'd on me twice in a year.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Best/Worst Console Launches in History   Best/Worst Console Launches in History - Page 3 EmptyMon 11 Nov 2013 - 3:06

As for problems with consoles I feel I have to say that I had absolutely none with my wii, it ran perfectly (well it did make some crazy disc noises near the end) from day one until wii U launched.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Best/Worst Console Launches in History   Best/Worst Console Launches in History - Page 3 EmptyMon 11 Nov 2013 - 7:44

DAMN YOU! 
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Best/Worst Console Launches in History   Best/Worst Console Launches in History - Page 3 EmptyMon 11 Nov 2013 - 9:51

Luckily, I've never had any launch issues. There was a few hairy moments with the Wii U crashing and resolutely failing to find my broadband connection, but they've long since smoothed over. I hope.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Best/Worst Console Launches in History   Best/Worst Console Launches in History - Page 3 EmptyMon 11 Nov 2013 - 11:09

So not that many issue really then,
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Best/Worst Console Launches in History   Best/Worst Console Launches in History - Page 3 EmptyMon 11 Nov 2013 - 13:07

My only launch issue was the huge update that the Wii U needed - everything has always worked perfectly out of the box, except for that.
Back to top Go down
Cube
Garreg Mach Geography Teacher

PostSubject: Re: Best/Worst Console Launches in History   Best/Worst Console Launches in History - Page 3 EmptyMon 11 Nov 2013 - 13:20

ZeroJones wrote:
My only launch issue was the huge update that the Wii U needed - everything has always worked perfectly out of the box, except for that.
The PS4 and Xbox One also needs updates. Although the PS4 one is around 300MB and can be done via a USB stick.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Best/Worst Console Launches in History   Best/Worst Console Launches in History - Page 3 EmptyMon 11 Nov 2013 - 13:38

Yeah the Xbox One won't do anything without the update.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Best/Worst Console Launches in History   Best/Worst Console Launches in History - Page 3 EmptyTue 12 Nov 2013 - 1:28

I feel like I need to mention that if you chose to do the wii U update in the background it wasn't nearly as bad in fact I played Nintendo land for an hour went back to the main menu & it took 15 mins to install. Grin
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Best/Worst Console Launches in History   Best/Worst Console Launches in History - Page 3 EmptyTue 12 Nov 2013 - 8:09

Jas, I sat there for over two hours doing nothing. DAMN YOU! Well, possibly reading the tiny manuals and trying not to weep.
Back to top Go down
Cube
Garreg Mach Geography Teacher

PostSubject: Re: Best/Worst Console Launches in History   Best/Worst Console Launches in History - Page 3 EmptyTue 12 Nov 2013 - 10:58

The_Jaster wrote:
I feel like I need to mention that if you chose to do the wii U update in the background it wasn't nearly as bad in fact I played Nintendo land for an hour went back to the main menu & it took 15 mins to install. Grin
You could do that?

Then again, it wouldn't have helped as I would have been unable to access the eShop, so I would have had no games to play.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Best/Worst Console Launches in History   Best/Worst Console Launches in History - Page 3 EmptyTue 12 Nov 2013 - 11:44

Likewise - my first Wii U game (and only Wii U game until Amazon delivered) was Trine 2.  Even after I'd downloaded it, I wasn't impressed.

I also made the mistake of transferring my Wii data into the Wii U, instead of leaving it happily where it was.  Not only did the process take ages and break down halfway through the first attempt, I now can't play Brawl or MKWii with Gamecube controllers any more. Sad
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Best/Worst Console Launches in History   Best/Worst Console Launches in History - Page 3 EmptySun 17 Nov 2013 - 15:16

So Jay just posted in the news thread that the PS4 sold a million units in 24hrs, if you look at previous post it took 3 day's for the xbox to sell 600k and 8 day's for the wii to sell 600k (but that was mainly due to shortages). So looks like the PS4 is going to have the best launch ever in terms of sells.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Best/Worst Console Launches in History   Best/Worst Console Launches in History - Page 3 EmptySun 17 Nov 2013 - 15:22

I honestly didn't know the PS4 was out.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Best/Worst Console Launches in History   Best/Worst Console Launches in History - Page 3 EmptySun 17 Nov 2013 - 15:24

Only in North America that's all North American sells number above.

Update the PS4 launch is the best launch ever in North America.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Best/Worst Console Launches in History   Best/Worst Console Launches in History - Page 3 EmptySun 17 Nov 2013 - 16:04

I'd put it down to gaming really and truly hitting the mainstream in the latter half of the past decade. The Xbox One will probably do crazy numbers too, although I'd be surprised if their numbers trump Sony's.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best/Worst Console Launches in History   Best/Worst Console Launches in History - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Best/Worst Console Launches in History
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next