We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*

Go down 
+18
Fancy Fancy
mandlecreed
Jimbob
Cube
shanks
Dusty Knackers
Admin
Buskalilly
Treesmurf
Crumpy Andy
masofdas
The_Jaster
ZeroJones
JayMoyles
beemoh
Athrun888
Balladeer
The Cappuccino Kid
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Vidofnir
Flock Step Bird
Vidofnir

Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 26 EmptyTue 1 Apr 2014 - 22:33

I don't like Journey. Ambience is fine, picking up your own understanding of the world through what you see and do is very enjoyable, Metroid Prime and Dark Souls do this very well, both have an added layer of excellent game-play I might add.

Journey just feels like a shell to me, you know when you hate something abstract because it is so obviously trying to be abstract? Maybe it is just me haha  Meh .

As for Lets Play's I like em. Especially if it is their first time playing the game, seeing the new discoveries all over again makes playing the game more refreshing for myself.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 26 EmptyWed 2 Apr 2014 - 0:22

masofdas wrote:
I did bring why I put in here, I think he'll understand.

And Jas there not remakes there re-releases, I wouldn't mind remakes like with RE:Make or Twin Snakes but these games coming are just a bit shinier and with added DLC. I know some re-releases have had quite a bit work on them like SM64DS, OoT3D, WWHD, Halo etc but the Majority haven't.

Remakes/re-releases whatever you want to call them they're still pointless, you know I don't even like HD remakes because its usually just about a visual upgrade & nothing more.
I can understand HD versions of classic old games but this stuff with tomb raider & TLOU is a ridiculous money grab that encourages laziness.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 26 EmptyWed 2 Apr 2014 - 0:30

If you read my post I put pretty much said the same as what you just said.

I just thought what you were calling them was wrong as there not remakes as some such as RE:Make is far from pointless or same if Sony got the rights & remade Crash Bandicoot for example.

So I would go Tomb Raider next gen kinda pointless, Wind Waker HD not pointless as there was a 10 year cap and had some decent work done to it, RE:Make is a whole new thing for a new era.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 26 EmptyWed 2 Apr 2014 - 0:46

I did read it & was also agreeing with you. Laughing

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 26 EmptyWed 2 Apr 2014 - 7:56

Vidofnir wrote:
I don't like Journey. Ambience is fine, picking up your own understanding of the world through what you see and do is very enjoyable, Metroid Prime and Dark Souls do this very well, both have an added layer of excellent game-play I might add.

Journey just feels like a shell to me, you know when you hate something abstract because it is so obviously trying to be abstract? Maybe it is just me haha  Meh .

It's definitely not just you.  Andyman will back you all the way. Laughing I probably should have used another game to avoid the "Journey rage" effect. But as someone who can't stand abstract art, that last paragraph makes me understand the hatred a little more.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Cube
Garreg Mach Geography Teacher

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 26 EmptyWed 2 Apr 2014 - 9:55

The_Jaster wrote:
I can understand HD versions of classic old games but this stuff with tomb raider & TLOU is a ridiculous money grab that encourages laziness.

Tomb Raider was a lazy money grab. The Last of Us is a bit different, I think. It's more to do with the lack of backwards compatibility on the PS4, and lots of people jumping from 360 to PS4 - people have been asking for The Last of Us on PS4.

Hopefully the price will reflect this, and it will be a more standard "GotY" edition price rather than more expensive than the original at launch like Tomb Raider.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 26 EmptyWed 2 Apr 2014 - 10:33

Vidofnir wrote:
I don't like Journey.
Forumite of the year 2014 vote sorted!

On the subject of HD remakes/rereleases I've really enjoyed the PS2 on PS3 games. I never had a PS2 and I like the fact I can just buy 2 or 3 games on 1 disk, throw it in my main console and earn trophies whilst I'm playing it. I think the fact you're only getting 1 game whilst paying full price (pretty sure HD collections are discount to start with normally) is what grinds my gears most about it. How many people are that desperate for a game that came out last year? It baffles me!

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 26 EmptyWed 2 Apr 2014 - 13:03

Yeah most HD games on the PS360 have been £29.99 but if the Spanish website is to believed then €65 is £55 okay you are getting that bag but seems a bit pricy even with the DLC etc added.

At £34.99 (adding next gen tax) for TLoU PS4 edition I would consider it but not at £55, plus if it comes out June that's the same time of TES:O which I will be playing alongside MK8.

There is some I would like on PS4 though like a Dark Souls II which like I brought up about if your doing it on PC you might as well do it on PS4ONE at the same time plus it's coming out near enough the same, so doesn't really feel like a cash crab. Or some like a Bioshock Infinite with all the DLC at a £35 price.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 26 EmptyWed 2 Apr 2014 - 17:30

masofdas wrote:
cash crab.

Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 26 Money-gami_crab
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 26 EmptyWed 2 Apr 2014 - 17:35

Laughing Love it.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 26 EmptyWed 2 Apr 2014 - 18:38

Rum Rapture wrote:
masofdas wrote:
cash crab.

Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 26 Money-gami_crab

Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 26 IFdT0
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 26 EmptyThu 3 Apr 2014 - 0:55

Vidofnir wrote:

As for Lets Play's I like em. Especially if it is their first time playing the game, seeing the new discoveries all over again makes playing the game more refreshing for myself.
It's so up it's own arse it can smell yesterday's dinner. The worst thing I've ever "played".
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 26 EmptyThu 3 Apr 2014 - 1:25

Cube wrote:
The_Jaster wrote:

Tomb Raider was a lazy money grab. The Last of Us is a bit different, I think. It's more to do with the lack of backwards compatibility on the PS4, and lots of people jumping from 360 to PS4 - people have been asking for The Last of Us on PS4.

Hopefully the price will reflect this, and it will be a more standard "GotY" edition price rather than more expensive than the original at launch like Tomb Raider.

I strongly disagree.

The people coming from 360 is irrelevant & sounds like something folk are saying to convince themselves that the recent trend is a good thing, if anything those folks should be asking for new experiences not old ones.

Also the whole reason sony don't do BC is so that they can sell you the same games again, I guess time will tell though.
Back to top Go down
Cube

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 26 EmptyThu 3 Apr 2014 - 9:59

The_Jaster wrote:
Also the whole reason sony don't do BC is so that they can sell you the same games again, I guess time will tell though.

Sony don't do BC on the PS4 because the Cell processor on the PS3 was a colossal mistake.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 26 EmptyThu 3 Apr 2014 - 10:03

@Jas

Well Sony are doing Now, which still is going to make them money as you have to rent a game or do a pass thing.

But at least they are doing something, and buying gakai doesn't pay for it self.

And only one re-release is/will be from Sony so far which is TLoU all the rest have been 3rd parties but there was rumors of a beyond two souls PS4 version.

@Balla

Why did you bring up Journey, it make's me sad when I see all this hate for it as If I had played in 2012 & not 2013. It very likely would of been my GOTY 2012 or at least right up there with Mass Effect 3, so I can why it won so many awards including to me the big one GDC seeing developers vote there not just some journalists at there respective site.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 26 EmptyThu 3 Apr 2014 - 10:05

I didn't know everyone hated it! Usually I just bring it up to troll Andyman. No 
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 26 EmptyThu 3 Apr 2014 - 10:36

Of the Subject of the big Journey divide,

Has Sony missed a trick with PSVTV as looking at all the android powered system the new Fire TV looks the best out of the lot. I know the PSVTV isn't android based but is in the same price bracket and can do a lot more then a Ouya and can do pretty much the same as Fire TV with Netflix, Lovefilm etc to stream films and of course would have all the VITA's library of games which includes Minis & Mobile which are cheaper experience similar to what you would get on android.

But with it only out in Japan and Amazon having the brand recognition compared to a Ouya could they dominated the market.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 26 EmptyThu 3 Apr 2014 - 12:41

Cube wrote:
The_Jaster wrote:

Sony don't do BC on the PS4 because the Cell processor on the PS3 was a colossal mistake.

That still doesn't stop it from being a money g(c)rab though, that also shows they should be building their systems more carefully as BC should be the norm.

@Mas

Isn't the Now service for older titles like ps1/2? Also I'm not saying they shouldn't be making money just that trying to sell us a game that's not even a year old is just wrong, same goes to any third parties that are doing it as well.
Back to top Go down
Cube

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 26 EmptyThu 3 Apr 2014 - 13:28

The_Jaster wrote:
Isn't the Now service for older titles like ps1/2? Also I'm not saying they shouldn't be making money just that trying to sell us a game that's not even a year old is just wrong, same goes to any third parties that are doing it as well.

PlayStation Now is a streaming service for PS1, 2 and 3 games. They may even add PS4 later on.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 26 EmptyThu 3 Apr 2014 - 13:52

What Cube said about now.

yeah they could of done something to the PS4 like the 60GB PS3 so it could play older titles but that would make the PS4 cost more money.

Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 26 EmptyThu 3 Apr 2014 - 19:26

Ahh fair enough about the now service as I didn't know much about it, its so hard to judge if it would've made the system cost more as Nintendo have been doing it since the wii (or even longer if you count the handheld systems) without the cost of the machine being too high.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 26 EmptyThu 3 Apr 2014 - 19:36

But the Wii was just a GameCube and the Wii U's architecture is very much like the Wii's but with more power.

Like Cube pointed out the PS2 to PS3 to PS4 are all very different architecture, I was basing the cost of a 60GB PS3 compared to the 40GB I remember there being quite a difference in price.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 26 EmptyThu 3 Apr 2014 - 19:41

My point is though that Nintendo go about building their systems more clever than Sony/MS do, they (Sony/MS) wouldn't even need to sacrifice power for BC if they engineered their systems better than they do.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 26 EmptyThu 3 Apr 2014 - 19:48

Well Sony this time have done a decent job by going to going to devs and asking what they want out of a system. And the PS3 like cube said used the cell processor which now seems a good idea with likes of TLoU but was it was there cockiness thinking they could do that after the success of the PS2 at the started of the PS3's life.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 26 EmptySat 5 Apr 2014 - 16:08

Cube wrote:
The_Jaster wrote:

PlayStation Now is a streaming service for PS1, 2 and 3 games. They may even add PS4 later on.

I thought 1 and 2 were emulatable on PS4?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 26 Empty

Back to top Go down

Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*
Page 26 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next