Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*

Go down 
+18
Fancy Fancy
mandlecreed
Jimbob
Cube
shanks
Dusty Knackers
Admin
Buskalilly
Treesmurf
Crumpy Andy
masofdas
The_Jaster
ZeroJones
JayMoyles
beemoh
Athrun888
Balladeer
The Cappuccino Kid
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 38 EmptyThu 18 Sep 2014 - 22:14

I would say Zelda is more of a action rpg.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 38 EmptyThu 18 Sep 2014 - 23:02

I'd class Zelda as a match-three puzzler with shooting sections.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 38 EmptyThu 18 Sep 2014 - 23:54

IGN have been doing there annual Top 25 games for each system again.

But here's the Top 5's:

So what you guy's think.

Last edited by masofdas on Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 10:07; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Xbox One)
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 38 EmptyThu 18 Sep 2014 - 23:57

Yeah, not a bad list. I'd rejig the order in the 3DS list, but otherwise fine.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 38 EmptyFri 19 Sep 2014 - 7:15

Drunkalilly wrote:
I'd class Zelda as a match-three puzzler with shooting sections.

This - you certainly shift a lot of blocks around, and the sniping parts with the bow or boomerang are immense.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 38 EmptyFri 19 Sep 2014 - 8:03

Once again, the most overrated 3D Mario ever gets more attention than it deserves. Including from me. Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 38 EmptyFri 19 Sep 2014 - 9:37

I'm not liking those top 5's for ps3/4 at all, now I haven't played them all & I'm sure they're good but the list just seems really lazy in it's picks.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 38 EmptyFri 19 Sep 2014 - 9:39

Ooh, a remake as best PS4 game. That's not a good thing. Meh
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 38 EmptyFri 19 Sep 2014 - 9:39

Pretty piss poor list if you ask me. Not one of them I agree with an I'm pretty sure it's inconsistent when it comes to PS3/360 lists. If Bioshock is officially the best multiplat on PS3 why is it not in the 360 list at all (which has 4/5 multiplats and cheats with ME Tri)? Laughing
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 38 EmptyFri 19 Sep 2014 - 9:49

Oh also where is the wii list?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 38 EmptyFri 19 Sep 2014 - 10:09

Wii had it's last ever list last year (so did PSP), the reason it's inconsistent as not all the same editors do the Top 25's. So the guy's who review PlayStation stuff, do the PlayStation top 25 and so on.

I think the PS3 & 4 list's are quite good, especially the PS4's there's only been a few great games in it's first year. On PS3 only thing I would change is that I wouldn't have two uncharted games in the Top 5.

On the TLoU being number one PS4game it's right like Wind Waker HD being Number 3 Wii U. Is that they are dam good games be it remakes, remastered, ports what ever the list is done as if you've never played them on anything. So if the PS4 was your first system last of us is number 1, of course with the PS4 & ONE there still in there 1st year which is never great just look at the Wii U now that were in year 2 we've got/getting thing's like 3D World, Kart, SMASH, Bayo 2, Hryrule, NES remix. So PS4 has a similar year to that next with likes of Bloodborne,  The Order, Uncharted 4, Until Dawn for instance that Top 5 will be very different.  

Also ME was on the PS3 list and I think PC as Trilogy.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 38 EmptyFri 19 Sep 2014 - 10:21

masofdas wrote:
Wii had it's last ever list last year (so did PSP), the reason it's inconsistent as not all the same editors do the Top 25's. So the guy's who review PlayStation stuff, do the PlayStation top 25 and so on.

That's a really poor reason for not doing one.

balladeer wrote:
Ooh, a remake as best PS4 game. That's not a good thing. Meh

Yep & for me the list it shows up that ps4 has not had a must have title yet & only now are they beginning to hit a decent stride.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 38 EmptyFri 19 Sep 2014 - 10:35

But nothing would of changed on the Wii or PSP from last year as neither has had anything of note come out to make a difference. These consoles have to be let go some time, IGN reckon this be last year we see PS360 having a list done.

Agree a bit Jas, there all great games in that top 5 and loved playing most of them on PS4 and to me it was worth getting a PS4 for them but does go back to Second year is always great which like you said the PS4 looks like it will have that must have instead of lot's of good games.

If you look at past console like the 360 had in it's second year Gears of War, Rainbow Six: VEGAS, Lost Planet, Viva Piñata, Crackdown, GRAW 2, Forza Motorsport 2, DiRT, Bioshock, Blue Dragon, Halo 3, PGR4, Eternal Sonata, Orange Box. Now that's a great year 2 and is way better then it's first full year if the PS4 & ONE can get stuff like that be great.

Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 38 EmptyFri 19 Sep 2014 - 13:04

A set of pretty poor lists there.  I think the best word to describe them outside the nintendo and vita lists would be generic, filled with games that are extremely popular and usually only containing one non-blockbuster title, with said non-blockbuster again being very well known.  

And gonna have to agree that the ps4 list is particularly poor, for the exact same reason as already said.  I also strongly disagree with even allowing tlou on the ps4 list, or at least in the top ten.  Yeah I get it's supposed to be a good game, but it's a ps3 game.  I just have a thing against including direct ports in such high places on system lists, and I say that as someone who for the longest time had wind waker as his favourite game of all time. Whether I like it or not it shouldn't be in such a position.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 38 EmptyFri 19 Sep 2014 - 19:34

Child of Light which is on the PS4 is still my GOTY at the moment, so can't really say a game that could be GOTY on here as well seeing how many of reviewed & gave it some top marks as poor, also the average metacritic of the PS4 top 5 is 86.8 that's fairly decent for a first year.

But the list aren't meant to be the Top 25 exclusives or new games, it's the best games on that system be a port of not. Earthbound nearly got included in Wii U list due to it being a good game on the Wii U but didn't due to it being a virtual console. Should Persona 4 Golden even be on the VITA list as well being a enhanced port.

On must have games I don't think Sony really has a must have, uncharted 4 maybe but I think it be like PS3 it have lot's of great games and reason you'll buy a PS4. But I think ONE does HALO 5 will be a must have and help sell a boat load of ONE's and Wii U as we've seen when a must have comes out console sales go up silly amounts, SMASH most likely do the same.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 38 EmptyFri 19 Sep 2014 - 22:14

masofdas wrote:
But nothing would of changed on the Wii or PSP from last year as neither has had anything of note come out to make a difference.

There's plenty of games on that list that are either 3 or even 7 years old, I just think they should have either still included wii & psp or just had a focus of the best games on new gen so far.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 38 EmptyFri 19 Sep 2014 - 22:30

But the 360 & PS3 have had game's come out since this time last year to go in to a top 25 eg last of us to change the 25 from last year and like I said this will be there final year, doesn't matter if some games on the list are 7 years old that has no baring on it as long as there good.

Wii & PSP hasn't there both dead systems now basically, so last year's Wii list is what IGN think is the very best 25 of all time on Wii.

A console has to die sometime,  if they did PSP they'd might of redone DS as well. How far do you go back,  they've done what are still relevant.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 38 EmptySat 20 Sep 2014 - 13:42

I see what you're saying but I just cant agree with it, for me it either should have been all out with both old & new gen or just the latter as the way they currently do it just makes it look like they've forgotten about half of a generations games.

For me it's just plain odd.

masofdas wrote:
A console has to die sometime.....

Yes sadly they do BUT they don't have to be forgotten.

Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 38 EmptySat 20 Sep 2014 - 15:49

I... didn't like Last of Us as much as everyone else...

Otherwise, I can't get too angry at the others.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 38 EmptySun 21 Sep 2014 - 11:44

This is a the top 100 games of all-time according to empire and it's readers.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 38 EmptySun 21 Sep 2014 - 12:27

I was sorely tempted to hit back the moment tlou popped up as number one.  Going to the bottom of the page and seeing the list made me wish I had given in to that temptation.  Meh
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 38 EmptySun 21 Sep 2014 - 14:26

masofdas wrote:
This is a the top 100 games of all-time according to empire and it's readers.

Fuck off with that number one Empire. There's no way - as good as it may be - that The Last of Us is the best game of all time.

Last edited by JayMoyles on Sun 21 Sep 2014 - 15:01; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 38 EmptySun 21 Sep 2014 - 14:36

Well that's what there readers voted for but I think it's because it's so new compared to the some it's fresh in peoples minds.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 38 EmptySun 21 Sep 2014 - 16:17

Mas's point about TLoU being fresh in people's minds is a good one. There are some titles it's nice to see make it in there: Super Metroid, Chrono Trigger, Elite and Okami are good shouts, though I'm disappointed to see that Final Fantasies 7-10 made it in there but not 4 or 6.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 38 EmptySun 21 Sep 2014 - 22:42

Dark souls at 13?! The words bull & shit spring to mind.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 38 Empty

Back to top Go down

Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next