Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*

Go down 
+18
Fancy Fancy
mandlecreed
Jimbob
Cube
shanks
Dusty Knackers
Admin
Buskalilly
Treesmurf
Crumpy Andy
masofdas
The_Jaster
ZeroJones
JayMoyles
beemoh
Athrun888
Balladeer
The Cappuccino Kid
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 39 EmptySun 21 Sep 2014 - 23:04

I know it's awfully high Balladeer
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 39 EmptyMon 22 Sep 2014 - 7:51

Agreed - that's far too high! Balladeer
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 39 EmptyTue 23 Sep 2014 - 10:31

Just edited the Top 5's as Xbox One has gone up and does include Destiny in the Top 25 unlike the rest, I don't know if IGN waited to put that in to make up to 25 games or didn't feel what would now be the 26th game to be any good.

But looking at both Number 1's doesn't look like it's been a great 10month's (weird time to do such list) for either system. TLoU is a remaster of a PS3 game, I get why it's number 1 as it is the best game to play on the PS4 but would be nice to see something new up there hopefully next year will be different (I would like to get a early prediction in that Bloodborne is Number 1 this time next year) and then with the Xbox One the Number 1 being Titanfall, I might of gave it 9/10 for what it is a Multi-Player Only Online Shooter but best game on the system unlikely seeing the 360 version didn't even make it in to that top 25 & it's exactly the same game also there's a superior PC version. Also one I don't get is Minecraft is on the 360 list a console with 8 years of gaming library but doesn't make the ONE list, I don't think anyone can say there's better 25 games on the ONE all ready then the 360.

So basically you don't need great games to sell now almost 11 million PS4's and ship nearly 6 million Xbox One's.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 39 EmptyTue 23 Sep 2014 - 10:40

The PC version of Titanfall is not a superior version...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 39 EmptyTue 23 Sep 2014 - 10:45

Titanfall PC but that's not really the point it's that the ONE's best title can't even get into the other lists yet a game that is on those lists can't make the ONE's list, doesn't really make sense.

And the main point was the last part how you don't need great games.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 39 EmptyTue 23 Sep 2014 - 11:29

masofdas wrote:

Balladeer wrote:

I wasn't even expecting Dark Souls to take the top spot but it should at least be top five but I guess there's just too many folk who can't get beat the Taurus demon. (second boss in the game)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 39 EmptyTue 23 Sep 2014 - 11:34

I think the problem it's still a bit niche, so not everyone even at IGN, Empire etc would of played it and I know your huge fan of it but some of the titles above it are classics and have nostalgia attached to them etc but then TLoU takes top spot which is kinda a joke as I can't see how it's better then some classics.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 39 EmptyTue 23 Sep 2014 - 11:50

Honestly, I really do love Dark Souls, but I think it's perfectly placed in that list. It's just too difficult for some people, and it'll turn off most players because of that. Still the best world design I've seen in a game in years, mind.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 39 EmptyTue 23 Sep 2014 - 11:52

It is a game with a cult following to it so I can understand its sub top ten placement BUT that doesn't mean I have to agree with or like it, as for the classics thing, yeah they are but my point is DS deserves to be up there with them.

(side note: I don't just crow about Dark souls for the sake of it either I do it because it's one the best designed games I've ever played)
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 39 EmptyTue 23 Sep 2014 - 16:51

The_Jaster wrote:
masofdas wrote:

Balladeer wrote:

I wasn't even expecting Dark Souls to take the top spot but it should at least be top five but I guess there's just too many folk who can't get beat the Taurus demon. (second boss in the game)

You know the best thing?

I made that post without even seeing Mas'. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 39 EmptyTue 23 Sep 2014 - 18:18

Dark Souls deserves to place incredibly highly in any list for a format on which it appears. I really wish I'd picked it up at a time when I had that much time to invest in one game. Hopefully I'll get my chance eventually.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 39 EmptyThu 25 Sep 2014 - 0:02

You all suck

But at skittles tonight we were talking about systems and had this thought of these three things Who makes the system, the OS/What Ever you want to call it and who makes the games

I went Sony makes the system, Valve makes the OS and Nintendo makes the games. I guess you could do controller as well seeing I've all ready picked Nintendo do something it would have to be Microsoft & hope it's more like the S-Type or 360 controller then the ONE's.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 39 EmptyThu 25 Sep 2014 - 13:58

Sony on producing the hardware? I've never been a fan of the quality they put into their systems as I always seem to find something that bugs me.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 39 EmptyThu 25 Sep 2014 - 14:05

I quite like the Xbox controllers, since it's basically the GameCube pad.

Sony are only doing the machine though, which they normally do really well, with valve on os, so that works. Your have something powerful and slick-looking with really nice firmware.

Obviously you'd want Nintendo on games but the reason Nintendo's games are so good is they do the whole thing with a holistic approach. You might lose that magic by dividing things.

Last edited by Drunkalilly on Thu 25 Sep 2014 - 14:06; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 39 EmptyThu 25 Sep 2014 - 14:06

Nintendo makes the hardware, Nintendo makes the games, and Nintendo makes the damn controller. Might let someone else make the OS, but if Nintendo's is the only way to get Miiverse, they can do that too.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 39 EmptyThu 25 Sep 2014 - 17:56

The_Jaster wrote:
Sony on producing the hardware? I've never been a fan of the quality they put into their systems as I always seem to find something that bugs me.

Nintendo would be the other option but the point which Balla missed was you could only get one person to one thing, so if they made the console someone else would have to make the games and I'd sooner have console with a few minor bugs then not have Nintendo games.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 39 EmptyThu 25 Sep 2014 - 19:37

Laughing C'mon masofdas surely you can't really think that balla missed the point? Also I just honestly couldn't pick three separate companies to build one console.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 39 EmptyThu 25 Sep 2014 - 19:41

Separate companies, eh? All right: Nintendo R&D1 to make the console, Nintendo R&D2 to make the controller, and MonolithSoft (owned by Nintendo) to make the games. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 39 EmptyThu 25 Sep 2014 - 19:44

Wouldn't it only half like one game on it then and didn't Nintendo merge the two R&D teams.

It could be more then one company Jas but only one can do one thing, think it kinda like there is no games console but lot's of boxes that play games like a Blu Ray player but lot's have a go making one great one.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 39 EmptyThu 25 Sep 2014 - 23:07

Balladeer wrote:
Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 39 Trollface

Oh, Empire's list by the way?
It's funny that...
something that started off as a movie publication...
has readers that would choose a game...
that's like a movie...
possibly more so than a game...
as their favourite game...
just saying...

(I don't have The Last Of Us - it's the closest I've come to caring about a videogame character that talks in a while, but still: cutscene ≠ game)
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 39 EmptyFri 26 Sep 2014 - 19:20

masofdas wrote:
Wouldn't it only half like one game on it then and didn't Nintendo merge the two R&D teams.

It could be more then one company Jas but only one can do one thing, think it kinda like there is no games console but lot's of boxes that play games like a Blu Ray player but lot's have a go making one great one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Dt5Nf7ct5c
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 39 EmptySun 28 Sep 2014 - 17:08

Danganronpa is officially amazing. Three cases in and it has constantly surprised me with the twists, consistently fooled me with red herrings, and all round kept me glued to my couch during the unfolding of the story. I've been able to put the game down less and less, fantastic game and I can see why it's one of the vita's killer apps.

That is all.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 39 EmptySun 28 Sep 2014 - 17:15

Seems like a comment for the Vita thread, that.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 39 EmptySun 28 Sep 2014 - 17:28

I think he's just trying the VITA does have some great games and would like to share with everyone then just all what 4 VITA owners here and most of I think have all ready played Danganronpa to know it's awesome.

But I could be wrong on that.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 39 EmptySun 28 Sep 2014 - 17:32

EDIT: Actually, never mind.  It is a random gaming thought, after all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 39 Empty

Back to top Go down

Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*
Page 39 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next