Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc

Go down 
+15
ThorOfAsgard
Jimbob
flora-chan
Treesmurf
Athrun888
ZeroJones
beemoh
Balladeer
Cube
Buskalilly
Crumpy Andy
JayMoyles
The_Jaster
shanks
masofdas
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 2 EmptyThu 3 Oct 2013 - 3:28

I knew there was a reason as to why I liked the old guys
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 2 EmptySun 6 Oct 2013 - 0:27

It was a fun watch, just like last time, but I still don't know what this show is about.

I loved the little 616 reference and the way Phil keeps saying "magical" makes me hopeful we might get a bit of Doctor Strange.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 2 EmptySun 6 Oct 2013 - 10:20

Yeah was a good episode yet again and nice to see these cameos, wonder if RDjr will pop up.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 2 EmptySat 12 Oct 2013 - 22:15

Last nights was the worst of the 3, but Skye is going to be a interesting character.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 2 EmptyWed 19 Feb 2014 - 13:08

Triple Combo

I want to talk about the comics / graphic novel side of the topic.

I recently read all 6 scott pilgrims, I've bough the 1st issue (both covers) and have the rest on order when they come out of serenity comics and recently bought 2 of the graphic novels but yet to read.

I often go into the local comic book shop and other places and look at the comics / graphic novels but never know where to start.

Would something like this be best for me as the whole lot is one set.

Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 2 EmptyWed 19 Feb 2014 - 13:18

YES!! In anyway shape or form everyone should read Civil war
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 2 EmptyWed 19 Feb 2014 - 13:36

Any more recommendations or a good place start. What about marvel zombies.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 2 EmptyWed 19 Feb 2014 - 13:58

If you want to do Zombies you'll need a volume of the Ultimate Fantastic 4 I think then go on to Vol 1 and 2 of the series, as for me I haven't really read it so I can't say.

Some of the big events what aren't bad are:

House of M
Fear Itself
AvX
Age of Ultron
Secret invasion
Ultimatum
Death of Spider-man
Siege

Those are the ones I have read / own
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 2 EmptyWed 19 Feb 2014 - 17:14

Thanks Shanks, I was thinking this zombie set which seems to have FF4 in it.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 2 EmptyWed 19 Feb 2014 - 19:30

Read any transformers comic by either Nick Roche or James Roberts.
I wouldn't bother with siege, personally, it was loads of build up to a four-issue fight in a castle.
If you're going to read Civil War, I'd recommend picking up at least a couple of the concurrent Spider-Man, Cap or Iron Man books because the Civil War book feels quite rushed and bare on its own but as a comic book event, it was incredible.
She-Hulk was a fun read but might not necessarily be as good if you don't appreciate the constant in-jokes. The Tenderloin Minimise of comic books.
I loved Spider Island because spidey is my favourite, but it's well worth a read.
I don't know how you are with manga, but the 12-part Death Note series is brilliant and out actually tells a self contained story.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 2 EmptyWed 19 Feb 2014 - 21:04

Why does TV shows/movies have to be in the title? It really steps on toes of those topics.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 2 EmptyWed 19 Feb 2014 - 21:41

As this was originally the Agents of the Shield thread and we start talking about arrow, flash and gotham city all atV shows about comics. Comics etc was originally in the title but no one seemed to be talking about them and I didn't want to make another thread to talk about them. So made a slight change which left TV in it for Shield for instance.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 2 EmptyThu 20 Feb 2014 - 4:53

masofdas wrote:
Thanks Shanks, I was thinking this zombie set which seems to have FF4 in it.

Yeah I'd go for that
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 2 EmptySun 2 Mar 2014 - 17:45

masofdas wrote:
As this was originally the Agents of the Shield thread and we start talking about arrow,  flash and gotham city all atV shows about comics.  Comics etc was originally in the title but no one seemed to be talking about them and I didn't want to make another thread to talk about them.  So made a slight change which left TV in it for Shield for instance.

It could easily be called "Superheros/comics discussion" or something similar.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 2 EmptySat 15 Mar 2014 - 11:51

Read Ultimate Spider-Man volume one last night.  I'm pleased to see it stood up to my nostalgic memories from when I was younger.  Overall it was a solid origin arc for ultimate Peter Parker with the events you'd expect from one (such as the spider bite, Ben's death being the catalyst for Peter becoming a hero, ect) as well as plenty of things to set it apart from the Amazing Spider-man comics, such as Norman having a huge part to play from the start.  The volume ended on a great high with Spidey having his first proper fight against none other than Ultimate Green Goblin, who is delightfully different from the normal one, out with the glider and bombs and in with the hand thrown fireballs!  Oh, and

Spoiler:

Overall a solid 8.5 out of 10, a highly entertaining yarn that does a great job both telling an origin story while laying down the groundworks for epic things (such as the Norman/Peter relationship) later.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 2 EmptySat 15 Mar 2014 - 12:21

If I'm honest I kinda prefer Ultimate Gobby over the main universes. (Well not at the moment with the Goblin Nation arc in Superior Spidey)

Also hear that there may be a Constantine series now coming soon
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 2 EmptySun 6 Apr 2014 - 20:32

So, a question for spider man fans. What's the deal with the "ben reilly epic" set of books? I've only heard vague mutterings and sinister whispers of the clone saga of amazing and I'm sort of interested in reading the ben reilly as spider man part, would it be worth picking up or should I listen to the sinister voices of unknown origins and avoid it?
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 2 EmptyMon 7 Apr 2014 - 2:15

The original clone saga is pretty good yeah.
As for his own thing I honestly don't know, he was good as the Scarlet Spider so honestly if I could I'd give it a go
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 2 EmptyMon 7 Apr 2014 - 10:28

I'll check it out then, I've always been interested in seeing what all the noise was about.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 2 EmptyWed 9 Apr 2014 - 5:08

So saw Cap America and this weeks Shield and well things got a whole lot more interesting
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 2 EmptySat 31 May 2014 - 19:20

Who's the famous private dick, that's getting a new run of comics?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 2 EmptySat 31 May 2014 - 20:30

He's that bad Mother..............
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 2 EmptyWed 16 Jul 2014 - 22:52

What everyone think of the New Thor being a woman, seems to be some outrage from die hard fans.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 2 EmptyWed 16 Jul 2014 - 23:05

I'd say it was a good move, if it wasn't so, so obviously just gonna be undone in like year or two just like every single big event in comics which makes the mainstream press.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 2 EmptyMon 27 Oct 2014 - 9:55

So everyone watched Shield, EP1 seemed good.

Anyone tried watching Gotham
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc
Page 2 of 25Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next