Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The amazing 2014 gaming predictions thread.

Go down 
+16
Jimbob
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Fancy Fancy
Zaphod_B
Treesmurf
Rattlecat
JayMoyles
Athrun888
beemoh
The Cappuccino Kid
masofdas
Cube
Balladeer
Dusty Knackers
Axis1500
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

The amazing 2014 gaming predictions thread. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The amazing 2014 gaming predictions thread.   The amazing 2014 gaming predictions thread. - Page 4 EmptyWed 18 Jun 2014 - 16:45

Should I shift that then? Now that it's been revealed as a non-Souls PS exclusive?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The amazing 2014 gaming predictions thread.   The amazing 2014 gaming predictions thread. - Page 4 EmptyWed 18 Jun 2014 - 17:29

Maybe,

The PS4 & ONE are surfing from first year syndrome. It was the same with the U now that's in its second were getting, well it looks it a good game a month and sales picking up thanks to a big title, will be similar for the PS4ONE next year when likes of Bloodborne and Halo, Uncharted come out.
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: The amazing 2014 gaming predictions thread.   The amazing 2014 gaming predictions thread. - Page 4 EmptyWed 18 Jun 2014 - 19:58

Post E3-review thingy.

Axis1500 wrote:

Nintendo:

Iwata will remain in charge and won't be fired. We'll see in 2 weeks. I think the good reaction to E3 makes it even more likely he's staying.
The 3DS version of Smash Bros will be cynically limited in some way, in order to encourage Wii U sales. My guess is it will lack online and/or be released months later after the Wii U version. So wrong, I couldn't be wronger.
Nintendo Directs will once again take precedence over E3. I'll take this as a yes. Even I'm stunned by how well the Nintendo Digital Event worked out for them.
New Metroid, but it might not be in a form fans will like. Nintendo announced plans for a 2D and 3D Metroid at E3 so jury's still out.
New Advance Wars. No, but we have CODENAME STEAM instead.
A Wii U rebranding/redesign will take place. It won't look like a Wii and will be cheaper to manufacture. Not yet.
Nintendo won't remove the gamepad from the Wii U. After E3, there's no chance of this ever happening. Amiibo wouldn't work.
Wii U will sell better in 2014 than it did in 2013, mainly thanks to Smash and Mario Kart. This looks likely.
Europe will finally see Devilish Brain Training released. Still waiting.
Nintendo will continue to ignore the requests to put actual games on iOS and Android. Yep.
A Bayonetta 2-esque third party exclusive will appear. I'll say this is correct because Devil's Third.
2DS will hit Japan. Still waiting.

Sony:

A new Crash Bandicoot game will appear. Nope.
After the initial launch rush, PS4 sales will slow. That seems to be happening, but nothing concrete.
Gaikai will ultimately prove to be disappointing and no match for native backwards compatibility. Too soon to say.

Microsoft:

Much like the PS4, Xbox One sales will also slow after the initial hype. Not sure about this. I feel more positive about the system's prospects now.
There won't be a Kinect-less version. Dead wrong!

Other:

The Ouya 2 will flop harder than the Ouya 1. There won't be an Ouya 3. Too optimistic if anything. It looks like there won't even be an Ouya 2.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The amazing 2014 gaming predictions thread.   The amazing 2014 gaming predictions thread. - Page 4 EmptyWed 18 Jun 2014 - 21:45

Not sure AXIS as the PS4 sold 121k week ending 7th of June, The ONE 38k, the WiiU 84k. All are down though compared to the week before where the U sold 136k for instance.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The amazing 2014 gaming predictions thread.   The amazing 2014 gaming predictions thread. - Page 4 EmptyWed 18 Jun 2014 - 22:57

Balladeer wrote:
Should I shift that then?  Now that it's been revealed as a non-Souls PS exclusive?

It makes sense to I suppose.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The amazing 2014 gaming predictions thread.   The amazing 2014 gaming predictions thread. - Page 4 EmptyWed 13 Aug 2014 - 12:36

masofdas wrote:
End of year

masofdas wrote:
masofdas wrote:
Some good ones so far here's mine

Nintendo

Wii U:
Super Smash Bros out Q4 2014 YES
Wii U Price Drop Q4 2014 No official drop, but it has dropped that you can get a console with two good games for £200
Zelda U shown at E3 with a slated 2015 release It was shown but no date, it's on the financials for 2015
Mistwalker announce new game Nope nothing
GameCube Game's not sure if just be VC releases or HD remakes at retail Not yet
Third Party no where to be seen Right it seems but not sure how we base this as there's the odd one or two, there was even #WiiUdrought on twitter

3DS:
Reaches 60m SKU sold by April 2015 Might be on about 50m thanks to the New 3DS & Black Friday etc
2014 not as good as 2013 games wise Looks like it
Majoras Mask HD Yes annouced
Pokemon Z September Launch Nope but were got Ruby & Sapphire remakes
Pokemon Blue/Red Released on VC, compatible with Pokemon Bank Read above
Super Smash Bros 3DS outsells Wii U version Time will tell, this I doubt we know in till both systems die to and see what's sold best but if we go by the end of year to see

Sony

PS4:
PS4 continues to break records like fast selling console to 10m including best launch in Japan ever It did have best launch in Japan, and fast selling console to 10m and now is on about 14m & outpacing the PS2
Uncharted the something something not 4, shown at E3 release of 2015 slated It does have 4 in the title, was shown and is coming 2015
The Order 1866 out Q4 2014 comes with access to Uncharted Multiplayer BETA Delayed till Feb, no BETA to help sell it
Last of Us Next Gen edition announced to come out long side DLC I was right but date slightly out
GTAV Next Gen edition announced and is PS4 console exclusive It's real and PS4 version has exclusive content it's also on PC & ONE
Gaikai delay's to Q1 2015 Right for EU which got confirmed for EU for 2015 with UK having the first BETA
Last Guardian shown at E3, wins best in show slated for Q4 2014 but is delayed Still nothing on this, PSX please
EA's exclusive PS4 game is Star Wars Battlefront Nope, still waiting on this unless Hardline is meant to be it seeing how it's been pushed on PS4
Agnis Philosophy is a Game and is exclusive to PS4 Nope and that engine has been scrapped pretty much

PS3:
Has steady 3rd party support but lacks any major 1st party game Yep apart from LBP3 which isn't that big

VITA:
VITA 2000 released in the west Right
Continues to struggle compared to 3DS Right, well has had some good weeks in Japan but overall struggles
Get's lot's of PS4 companion second screen apps Nope
Only one big 1st party game which links to a PS4 game Nope it seems
Sony Market's this as PS4 companion premiere Pretty much

Microsoft:

360:
Has steady 3rd party support but lacks any major 1st party game Had a watered down Forza Horizon 2 but that's about it

Xbox One:
Sells around half of PS4's number's worldwide, Xbox One really struggles to sell in Japan Yep struggles in Japan and not so good in mainland EU but UK & USA decent that it's shipped 10m units but rumoured to have sold to people 7-8m which is half of PS4 if we go by that
Titanfall becomes best selling Xbox One game, Console sells triple on the games launchYep it's Number 1 selling game on the system and sells did go up on when it launched
Halo 5 announced for Q4 2014 Nope, we are getting a Halo title with the collection with 5's BETA
Price Drop Q4 2014, Kinect still bundled with console WRONG
Kinect still pushed WRONG
RARE announce new game, downloadable title Nothing from them maybe, but battletoads rumoured

Other's:
STEAM machine does okay numbers System has been delayed due the controller, so still might but when who knows
SEGA announce's Shenmmue I & II HD Nothing
Square delays Final Fantasy XV Not shown at E3, hope to see at TGS where we did see it and a 3hr demo will becoming with FFT-OHD but still don't know when FFXV is coming, so I'm still going for March 2016 it comes out
Ubisoft Teases Beyond Good & Evil 2 Nope, but the president said it's still coming

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The amazing 2014 gaming predictions thread.   The amazing 2014 gaming predictions thread. - Page 4 EmptySat 29 Nov 2014 - 18:37

So early December last year we had this thread made, I just updated my predictions above.

I don't know when where going to do a 2015 if it's going to go here or a new one made but really like to do it again.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The amazing 2014 gaming predictions thread.   The amazing 2014 gaming predictions thread. - Page 4 EmptySun 30 Nov 2014 - 13:29

Might as well throw down some 2015 predictions, some mild alterations for the new stuff but also some old predictions that will be every bit as valid in the coming year as they were this year.

Nintendo

-The art of actually advertising their products to people other than people who've already bought their systems to continue to elude them.
-Zelda U to appear at E3 with a 2015 Christmas launch announced.
-Pokemon X and Y to get sequels rather than third versions.

Sony

-Vita continues to flop utterly despite being the best portable system around from a hardware perspective.

Microsoft

-xbone suffers Wii U syndrome, and continues to be overall an irrelevant system.  

Other things I don't pay attention to

-To continue doing what they've been doing these last few years.  

EA, Activision, and Ubisoft

-Find their games stop receiving mass critical praise, wonder why after releasing a game every single year with barely any changes critis are starting to tire of their games.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The amazing 2014 gaming predictions thread.   The amazing 2014 gaming predictions thread. - Page 4 EmptySun 14 Dec 2014 - 13:18

Not a bad list

I'm holding of on mine just in case there's a 2015 version of this thread.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The amazing 2014 gaming predictions thread.   The amazing 2014 gaming predictions thread. - Page 4 EmptySun 14 Dec 2014 - 13:42

Reckon it's probably about time for me to tally up my points:

Balladeer wrote:
Nintendo:
MK8 to lift Wii U sales... a little bit.  Reaches number 7 in the charts, below a gaggle of shootybang games and annual re-releases. I think it did better than that, didn't it? Nul points.
Nintendo to have at most one surprise to reveal at E3, with all others being leaked beforehand.  Possibly by Nintendo themselves. Nah: STEAM, Splatoon, the Kirby game - it was a good E3 for surprises.
Yoshi Yarn to take centre-stage at E3.  The end duly declared for Nintendo. It was featured at E3, and got a lot of Treehouse time, and people have continued to prophesy doom... I'm giving myself this one.
SSB4 to be pushed back to early 2015.  The end duly declared for Nintendo... again. Surprisingly not!
Pokken to be a 2014 Christmas game.  Nobody buys it. No way.
Pokémon Z to be announced near the end of the year, with a new Zygarde form(e).  Only the one this time. Nope, ORAS instead.
Starfox, in some form or another.  (They had one on the DS.  It has to turn up at some point.) Yes! We got a very blurry trailer, but it did show.
Metroid, in some form or another.  (Reggie wearing that pin.  It can't just be a coincidence/trolling.) Looks like it was.
X to have one ghastly crippling flaw that pushes it down into the 70%s.  (Honestly, that thing just looks too good at the moment.) Its ghastly crippling flaw was not making this year. Half.
Nintendo to continue to have a dearth of advertising and drift along in "third place", despite the relative lack of great games on the BBoPs. A chimp could have told you this.

Sony, Microsoft, PC, Ouya, Apple:
The amazing 2014 gaming predictions thread. - Page 4 OMG-Who-the-Hell-Cares
Bang on! Grin

So 3.5/10, or 4.5/11 if you include my last one. Not a bad year for the old tea leaves.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The amazing 2014 gaming predictions thread.   The amazing 2014 gaming predictions thread. - Page 4 EmptySun 14 Dec 2014 - 14:07

Sales number would say otherwise for the other formats and a few games on those systems have won GOTY awards for instance, so GAMERS do care.

Back to top Go down
Zaphod_B
Wonderful
Zaphod_B

PostSubject: Re: The amazing 2014 gaming predictions thread.   The amazing 2014 gaming predictions thread. - Page 4 EmptyTue 23 Dec 2014 - 20:51

Zaphod_B wrote:
Oh, I like the idea of Mystic Meg-ing it up! Let's see...
*mystical wibbling*

Sony
-PS4 sells great guns but first-party lethargy, indie game delays and third-party parity with PS360 means it best games are cross-generational for a while
I think this is true, I don't own one but Last of Us GTA, and things like Far Cry are on Ps3/360 still
-An E3 filled with announcements for games not releasing any time soon (2015 onwards)
10/10 for this pretty obvious prediction, though Bloodborne is surprisingly early 2015 to be fair!
-plenty of Tomb Raider-style "definitive" editions, including a Last Of Us update
predicatable stuff again (I didn't rock the boat on Sony predictions in hindsight), but true
-Vita continues to flounder, first party resources drop from it like a stone as they rush to make HD games for the PS4, Sony push it as a add on for the  now successful PS4
No idea, haven't followed Vita or seem much on push as a remote play add-on, so a miss I think

Microsoft
-Xbox One does better than expected (avoiding a rash of "Microsoft is Dooommmed!" articles online), but not as well as the PS4
Not really, has struggled to keep up with expectations and articles are pretty "DOOM!"-happy on the XBone's prospects
-A strong E3 showing of first party with a few new IPs and EA games...
hmmm, right on that to some degree (Sunset Overdrive, that Platinum one), but not great e3 for them compared to Ninty
-...but a similar issue to the PS4 with cross-generational game dominating it's first year
Oh yeah!
-A Rare licence is trotted out in an announcement later in the year (but Rare won't get to work on it, ala Killer Instinct)
Barely, a bit of Conker and that was it!

PC
-trundles on like the Steam train it is! Possibly the Steam sales lose some sheen and GoG and co get some more users but nothing drastic. More complaints of poor console ports.
Port complaints? Less a prediction, more an on-going truth! Not much move from Steam that got reported though, so no there.
-Drivers for both PS4 and XBone controllers open up the PC controller market a bit.
Nope, seems Sony don't care, Microsoft take the lead again on this

Nintendo
-3DS keeps selling great, Wii U sales pick up to reasonable levels, but still behind the other 2. Despite profits turned and games announced, websites will still run articles on how doomed Nintendo are every month or so. This trend will then become a meme when Reggie, after showing a pie-chart of profits, shouts it at some scared-looking Sony execs at E3, while laughing manically and throwing dollar bills at their faces.
the Reggie thang was a Iwata face-off, but good sales and DOOOMED articles all lear? Spot on!
-Smash Bros out in Winter, Mario Kart in April/May.
Late May MK8, Late Nov Smash, I'll take that one!
-Next-Level games given another ninty property to play with on 3DS...Starfox? (don't think we'll hear about this until 2015 though)
Let's see next year!
-An announcement of a new small-scale franchise linked to Shigsy in E3-Direct, and a trailer for the WiiU Zelda game.
Wii U Zelda Trailer, but Shigsy is on a big Starfox game, so 50/50
-X is delayed into 2015
THE SHOCK! (correct)
-A Metroid is announced for WiiU and 3DS, with a japanese development house behind it.
NOPE Sad
-Yarn Yoshi late summer, Yoshi New Island just before it, Yoshi DLC for something...
No yarn Yoshi, but the DLC was a hit, a fine hit!
-The Year of Luigi will end...and the Year of Yoshi will begin! Dino-themed street parties occur all over the globe!!!
*packs away Dino-bunting* no , sigh

(edit: I also think the most accurate prediction should get sent a packet of Wine Gums or one of those big packs of Crunchie bars next Christmas! *furiously prepares Yoshi cookies and Dino-bunting*)

Not a bad go at it I think!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The amazing 2014 gaming predictions thread.   The amazing 2014 gaming predictions thread. - Page 4 EmptyTue 23 Dec 2014 - 21:48

The Dual Shock 4 does work with PC though.
Back to top Go down
Zaphod_B
Wonderful
Zaphod_B

PostSubject: Re: The amazing 2014 gaming predictions thread.   The amazing 2014 gaming predictions thread. - Page 4 EmptyWed 24 Dec 2014 - 9:55

masofdas wrote:
The Dual Shock 4 does work with PC though.

True, but so did the Dual Shock 3, the difference was that Microsoft really pushed it, so everyone went for them as a default option. Seem like that's happening again, or people are simply upgrading the controller they have already. Personally I give props to Sony, (you can use theirs on Linux unlike MS's and I have used DS3 parts for some Raspberry Pi projects as a result!) but I think most people on PC jump at Microsoft's at the go-to-PC controller.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The amazing 2014 gaming predictions thread.   The amazing 2014 gaming predictions thread. - Page 4 EmptyWed 24 Dec 2014 - 13:33

Most PC games usually default to the xbox button layouts on screen too regardless if you are using a DS4.
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: The amazing 2014 gaming predictions thread.   The amazing 2014 gaming predictions thread. - Page 4 EmptyWed 24 Dec 2014 - 14:14

Pretty pleased with my results. Very little has changed since post-E3 really.

Quote :

Nintendo:

Iwata will remain in charge and won't be fired. He's still there!
The 3DS version of Smash Bros will be cynically limited in some way, in order to encourage Wii U sales. My guess is it will lack online and/or be released months later after the Wii U version. Dead wrong!
Nintendo Directs will once again take precedence over E3. Yes.
New Metroid, but it might not be in a form fans will like. Nope.
New Advance Wars. We got CODENAME: STEAM instead.
A Wii U rebranding/redesign will take place. It won't look like a Wii and will be cheaper to manufacture. lolno.
Nintendo won't remove the gamepad from the Wii U. Yes. They didn't.
Wii U will sell better in 2014 than it did in 2013, mainly thanks to Smash and Mario Kart. Yep.
Europe will finally see Devilish Brain Training released. Nope.
Nintendo will continue to ignore the requests to put actual games on iOS and Android. They did.
A Bayonetta 2-esque third party exclusive will appear. Devils Third!
2DS will hit Japan. Nope. And with the New 3DS, I doubt it will ever happen.

Final score: 6/12

Sony:

A new Crash Bandicoot game will appear. Nope.
After the initial launch rush, PS4 sales will slow. No. It's still selling like crazy.
Gaikai will ultimately prove to be disappointing and no match for native backwards compatibility. It does seem like this is the case. People are constantly moaning about the fees too.

Final score: 1/3

Microsoft:

Much like the PS4, Xbox One sales will also slow after the initial hype. No. They increased.
There won't be a Kinect-less version. There was.

Final score: 0/2

Other:

The Ouya 2 will flop harder than the Ouya 1. There won't be an Ouya 3. Yep.

Final score: 1/1

TOTAL: 8/18

Due to demand, I just made a 2015 gaming predictions thread. Hype. Hopefully, I'll get at least half right this time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The amazing 2014 gaming predictions thread.   The amazing 2014 gaming predictions thread. - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

The amazing 2014 gaming predictions thread.
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4