Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!"

Go down 
+11
fronkhead
Buskalilly
Athrun888
Crumpy Andy
ZeroJones
JayMoyles
beemoh
Rum
masofdas
The Cappuccino Kid
Balladeer
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!" - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!"   Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!" - Page 5 EmptyThu 10 Mar 2016 - 4:51

What boss was that difficulty spike with Balla?  

I'm past the super twist right now and doing some side questing before resuming the main story.  I love the newest chapter's title!

Just a hint for people when they get to the spot I got to last night, do not open this tag until you've reached, well, you'll know.

after chapter 4, MASSIVE SPOILERS:

P.S. This game has the best airship of all time!

Oh, and I predict people to have a ton of trouble with chapter 4's boss unless they're capable of killing it in a couple of turns like I was. Group cast all Astrology buffs is so broken! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!"   Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!" - Page 5 EmptyThu 10 Mar 2016 - 7:44

Chapter 2 final boss:

Got it the third time though. Blizzara Blizzara Mist + Vivify Vivify Mist = Thumbs Up!

I see what you mean about Florem (here's an establishing shot of a stone Playboy bunny's arse Matthew Castle ) - also, brilliant character introduced there.

Sixth asterisk choice:
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!"   Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!" - Page 5 EmptyThu 10 Mar 2016 - 8:06

That boss was so much fun, especially

chapter 2 final boss spoilers:
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!"   Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!" - Page 5 EmptyFri 11 Mar 2016 - 8:09

Agreed on all counts! Grin I've got to say that I've been really impressed by the writing in this ("Swetti Tracsute" and the like aside), some great side-characters here.

Sixth asterisk:

And I've just discovered the joys of spamming Spellcraft + Aspir. MP-Loss-B-Gone!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!"   Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!" - Page 5 EmptySat 12 Mar 2016 - 18:17

So I've just reached the Sagitta Village, and...

Spoiler:

The towns have more character in this game than BD, I'd say. The dungeons are more interesting too - although Old Sagitta is an utter bastard. DAMN YOU! Attacks that Charm the whole party, Iron Fist, Sonic Boom (the attack not the rubbish game)... Tough stuff, I'm well out of it.

Seventh asterisk:

Man with the Purple Pen:

Last edited by Balladeer on Sat 12 Mar 2016 - 22:21; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Bringing up to date with where I am.)
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!"   Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!" - Page 5 EmptySun 13 Mar 2016 - 10:41

Purple Pen:

I've been getting my backside kicked as of late so I'm taking a break.  The level gap between me and the game has been closed, and I can tell from here on out it's designed with maxed jobs in mind.  Got absolutely crushed by a boss in the latest chapter.  

On the bright side I've unlocked the ability to buy Freelancer costumes, so now I can have my Yew stop looking like a dork!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!"   Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!" - Page 5 EmptyMon 14 Mar 2016 - 20:13

Oh, I quite like them seeing them in their ridiculous costumes, apart from the boob-heavy ones.  Currently Yew's got a massive cat head hanging off the back his robe.  Not looking forward to that difficulty spike... Pale

Asterisk side-quest 8:

Who else watches the end-of-chapter CGI cinematic thing every time it comes up? I love Edea's goofy grin, cements her as the character with the most... character.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!"   Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!" - Page 5 EmptyTue 15 Mar 2016 - 10:59

Well, I beat the boss!  If you're worried now you might get even how worried about how I beat the boss though, it literally came to a final turn shoot-out between Edea who had less than a hundred hp left and the boss, if that last attack hadn't gone first or been as strong as it was I'd have lost again!  

On the flip side the best wins are always the ones you snatch from the jaws of defeat, although I'm a little concerned about the next couple of fights I expect to see.

And who doesn't rewatch the opening every time?  Love that glorious cg Kaiser Oblivion!  Square Enix always make the most glorious cg sequences!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!"   Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!" - Page 5 EmptyTue 15 Mar 2016 - 22:02

Athrun888 wrote:
P.S. This game has the best airship of all time!

Oh, and I predict people to have a ton of trouble with chapter 4's boss unless they're capable of killing it in a couple of turns like I was.  Group cast all Astrology buffs is so broken!  Laughing

Ah, you worried me!  Fortunately said boss was no match for my slightly overlevelled party set to their top jobs.  Bit miserable afterwards though, innit?  I'll say no more...

And yes: best airship. Grin Although I did at one point think it'd be an entire town I was dragging around with me...

...a-haaaaaaaaaa.  Clever, game.  Cle-verrrrrr.

Early chapter 5 Stuff:
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!"   Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!" - Page 5 EmptyWed 16 Mar 2016 - 4:23

subtitle meaning and chapter five stuff:

Oh, and what do you think of

Purple Pen spoilers:

Balla?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!"   Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!" - Page 5 EmptyWed 16 Mar 2016 - 20:10

Bleah, that's obviously what they were going for, but tenuous.  I'm glad to hear it about the second point you make, but I do still have to go get all the blue chests. Sulk And the summons. Sulk Sulk

As for PP, I don't.  Not yet.  Very poetic and that's all I know.

Chapter 5 general:

EDIT:

The Adams Family boss:
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!"   Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!" - Page 5 EmptyFri 18 Mar 2016 - 9:38

Oh my god, the game is really letting loose with the difficulty now.  Chapter 5's last boss was absolutely insane and I very nearly lost until gameplay spoilers and my brain kicked in, and now the first boss of chapter 6 is putting up a fight easily on par with the final boss of Default.  

chapter 6 boss name spoilers:

Oh, and we're done with the repeat fights as of chapter 6.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!"   Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!" - Page 5 EmptyFri 18 Mar 2016 - 9:59

What difficulty are you playing on Athrunton? I honestly haven't had many real problems since the end of chapter 2 (although the Adams Family are much easier if you take care of the children first, getting rid of Senior led to an irritating attritional pain in the neck), but I am on normal.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!"   Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!" - Page 5 EmptyFri 18 Mar 2016 - 10:41

Oh you haven't faced the boss that gave meow troubles yet, I found that pair very easy the second time as well.  I'll admit the next boss you face, the one that gave me the major problems, was more my letting things get out of hand and then having to wrestle them back and I suspect you'll have an easier time of it.

I'm playing normal, but I am deliberately underleveled most of the time since chapter 2 was too easy in parts.  Right now the game expects you to be low to mid level 60's, I'm only hitting level 60 at most and I haven't upgraded my gear since Grandship either, not that it matters given what the current boss does.  

As for the final boss of chapter 5, well, all I'll say

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!"   Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!" - Page 5 EmptyFri 18 Mar 2016 - 12:20

I'll respond properly to your post later, Athers (on 'phone at moment): however, Ninty have released a statement regarding the side quest endings that I thought was interesting. I think it's a good argument, and if true I'm okay with that. Then again, I like a lot of happiness in my games.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!"   Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!" - Page 5 EmptyFri 18 Mar 2016 - 20:50

WELL THEN. No sooner do I scrape a win by the barest skin of my teeth on the previous boss by resorting to Bravely Second usage (probably the third or fourth time I've ever used it in either game) I get utterly destroyed by the next boss. Laughing And when I say destroyed, I mean one turn I seemed to be doing fine, the next the boss used a couple of braves and wiped the party out with a move combo. Somehow I suspect this one would be brutal even if I wasn't six levels beneath the recommended cap.

On the bright side a couple of brand new side quests have opened up one of which sounds very promising, so methinks I should have a peek and see if I can't nab what I assume are the final jobs.

As for the ending edit stuff, from what I've heard in the original you basically needed to play through the full game twice to get the good endings if you went for collecting all the jobs, and nobody has the time for that. Well, I don't with a bunch of other jrpgs in the backlog anyway, so it's a wise choice.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!"   Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!" - Page 5 EmptySat 19 Mar 2016 - 10:19

Athrun888 wrote:
Oh you haven't faced the boss that gave meow troubles yet...

Subtle. Balladeer

Yep I never have that problem, in fact I've been going around doing all the side-quests and hoovering up the remaining jobs (and the blue chests on top of that), all with encounter rate set to 0. So I'm probably going to be a tad over-levelled when I get to the main story proper. Oh welp.

And I still haven't used Bravely Second (in this game), apart from... you know. That bit.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!"   Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!" - Page 5 EmptySat 19 Mar 2016 - 12:35

Oh I suspect you will have trouble with these two bosses.  I won't go in to actual spoilers, but I will say the bosses have gone from doing 1000-1500 damage to a character per attack to doing around 4000 per attack in conjunction with using Brave.  

I actually couldn't help but laugh when I got wiped, it was one of those moments you could tell the game went all "toying with has grown boring, you can die now".  

I'm going to take the day off progressing the story to grind up some new jobs, I think I've come as far as a glass canon team that's seven levels underleveled can go right now.  A rethink of my strategy is in order, times like this I love the Merchant class! With enough money it goes from very lame to one of the best subclasses for a support character!

Side note, the final side quest is awesome, so far anyway.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!"   Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!" - Page 5 EmptySat 19 Mar 2016 - 15:41

Well the "subtle" boss went down faster than a hastily put-together simile in a forum post. Dat backstory though. Afraid Crying or Very sad

I am now seriously overlevelled. I can't help it, I want to level my chaps up so that they have all the jobs! I faced Ourobouros with four level 99s with all jobs mastered. I won't go quite that mad this time... not until the very end-game, anyway. Cheeky

I now have all of the choice asterisks, despite hating many of the choices I had to make the second time around (that music-related sub-quest... blech. Although I do wish I could understand both sets of lyrics). And I've fought all of the Kaiser's minions. It's Kaiser-hunting time!

Also I fought a few Ba'als, who were about thirty levels below me. I thought from Urchin's irritating protection ability that I'd need the level advantage... wrong. Oops. But can I just say how the snowslope puts the creepiness of all of the other Ba'als to shame, despite/as well as being utterly ridiculous?

NONONO GETAWAY:
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!"   Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!" - Page 5 EmptySat 19 Mar 2016 - 17:53

You could just turn off exp gains in the tactics menu to avoid overleveling while still getting job points. It's how I had about six maxed jobs before chapter 3 while still keeping things balanced. And how I have over a million pg too.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!"   Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!" - Page 5 EmptySat 19 Mar 2016 - 20:26

I thought I'd never do something like that... but after steamrolling over the Chapter 5 end boss, then doubling back, I've relented. I'll probably still take the EXP from bosses, but I've turned it off otherwise.

Did some more (ahem) Ba'al Busting too. I'm presuming these are just fever-dreams the BD/BS staff have had - testtube-Slenderman, evil Christmas hat (who's in Spanish for some reason), and of course the chuffing lovebird.

Oh, and you'll be pleased to know that, having unlocked everything from Moon-Norende proper, I'm now putting my manpower into upgrading the ship.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!"   Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!" - Page 5 EmptySun 20 Mar 2016 - 18:41

BEST JOB! BEST JOB IN ALL OF EVER!!!!!!!! I don't even know what it does yet: does that make a difference? No it does not! Grin

Sod that boss though. Sod that boss and sod that dungeon. Oh, and welcome back...
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!"   Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!" - Page 5 EmptySun 20 Mar 2016 - 23:40

How can you not know what it does, the Grand Marshal was in Default!

Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!"   Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!" - Page 5 EmptyMon 21 Mar 2016 - 10:14

Har de har de har.  Anyway, I've levelled everyone up to level seven of that job, but it's a shame it uses recycled content as opposed to... things actually related to that job.  But I guess that's what another upcoming game is for...

The quest related to that job after you get that job:

I'm now on what I think is the final dungeon, and the music reminds me of the end dungeons' music from FIII.  This is not a bad thing, but then the game hasn't done many bad things full stop.  In fact, I think I might review it for Gintendo.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!"   Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!" - Page 5 EmptyTue 22 Mar 2016 - 6:25

Well, finally unlocked that job myself after a few failed attempts at beating the boss (kept spamming that Consume attack that one shotted people constantly in some attempts), and I can see this job being absolutely broken.  That ability, Echo, I can already see the delicious uses!  Especially with those spells!

My only complaint about the job is

job spoilers:

edit: Red mages's final support ability is absurd! You can literally cast up to twelve spells in one turn. Twelve spells in one turn. RIP anything with an elemental weakness!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!"   Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!" - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bravely Second - or, "Yay, No More Microtransactions!"
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next