You need me to get that s**t together, so we can get together.

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread

Go down 
+18
The_Jaster
Gwyn400
Muss
Buskalilly
ZeroJones
Pineapple
flora-chan
Slazo
Axis1500
Sentinator
NintenDUCK
Sylveon
masofdas
beemoh
fronkhead
shanks
Crumpy Andy
Athrun888
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Nayru
Buskalilly

The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 24 EmptyFri 16 Jul 2021 - 16:06

Looks like a bit of fun but the visuals on the people are too close to in-game character models so, like you say, it has a cheap feel.

I think it will be better in terms of story and characters than the American film, but it won't give the visual treat of those effects.

We'll need to do Mash spoilercasts for both eventually.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Golden Winged Strawberry
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 24 EmptyFri 16 Jul 2021 - 21:18

Aye, I seen someone on twitter say at first they thought it could look better but now they kind of like it for the reason that it could almost be a cut scene from the games.
Also I just looked up some more stuff on it and it only has a run time of 58 minutes so even if it turns out shite you won't be wasting much time.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Nayru
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 24 EmptySat 17 Jul 2021 - 10:23

I literally sat and watched Gaijin Hunter's compilation of all the MH4 cutscenes, which was about an hour, so . . .
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
The Next Miyamoto
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 24 EmptySat 17 Jul 2021 - 18:04

@Buskalilly wrote:
@Balladeer wrote:
 All Might is much more bearable than I thought he'd be.  
All Might is the fucking BOY!
That is probably not a surprising opinion from me, huh?

You're fond of the weedy guy who turns into a loud, supremely confident, muscly bloke?  Never would have guessed. Laughing

We've stopped in the middle of season 2.  The final battle of the games was the biggest non-event because I didn't care at all who won, they were both bobbins.  I guess neither of them being happy about the outcome is the best one could expect (and Bakugo needing his medal forced onto him Laughing ).  

In the same way as Absol is probably still my favourite Pokémon, so Tokoyami can be my best boy.  Screaming chuunbiyou with his cute little dragon thing.  Why does he have a bird head?  Who cares?  Apparently.

@Muss wrote:
But it's not just dead pantheons. We've got Hinduism in there, Buddhism, and we even get an appearance from Adam... as in Adam and Eve Adam.

I genuinely love this.  Shame the show isn't any cop.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Balladeer
The Next Miyamoto
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 24 EmptyMon 2 Aug 2021 - 21:33

My last week has been basically divided between work, sleep, MHA, and TGAAC. It's so good... Mineta aaaaaaaall the way aside. We're now in the middle of Season 3, and Tsu has in no way stopped being Best Girl. I hope Aizawa ends up reluctantly yet devotedly married to green-haired joke lady.

We also tried a couple of other shows:
Jujutsu Kaisen: Comedy or horror? Make up your mind, show. Anyway, this is really good - just a shame it's only one season. We're halfway through.
Demon Slayer: This on the other hand starts as horror, then dials it right back straight away. We've only just started this, partly because it doesn't feel like the characters are compelling us to continue.
Great Pretender: Finally, this Netflix exclusive. Slightly odd art maybe, but it's a fun romp about con artists conning people who deserve to be conned.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 24 EmptyMon 13 Sep 2021 - 17:31

Super chuffed to see you've started MHA, Balla! Let me dig into your thoughts on it.

@Balladeer wrote:

I like it!  It's very cheery, with a nice creepy villain.  All Might is much more bearable than I thought he'd be.  Aizawa best teacher, Tsu best student, little pervert worst student.  I don't know why they felt it made any sense to make the straight-laced class VP into The Fanservice Character, but I don't like that much either.  Otherwise it's good.  

Season 2 does seem to have kicked Bakugo rather ignobly out of the spotlight though.  Not sure Hotncold is quite as good as a rival.

Aizawa rules as does Tsu, and I'm glad you've latched onto to the Mineta hate train. I despise that little grape shite with a passion.

I'm sure you've seen this as I've noticed you're onto S3, but Bakugo isn't out of the spotlight for long. Laughing

@Balladeer wrote:

In the same way as Absol is probably still my favourite Pokémon, so Tokoyami can be my best boy.  Screaming chuunbiyou with his cute little dragon thing.  Why does he have a bird head?  Who cares?  Apparently.

If you want an actual in-universe reason for why Tokoyami has a bird head, I'd imagine his parents probably had heteromorphic bird quirks (those that alter how a person looks, like Tsu's frog quirk, I suppose) and those traits were passed down to our best chuuni boy.

@Balladeer wrote:
My last week has been basically divided between work, sleep, MHA, and TGAAC.  It's so good... Mineta aaaaaaaall the way aside.  We're now in the middle of Season 3, and Tsu has in no way stopped being Best Girl.  I hope Aizawa ends up reluctantly yet devotedly married to green-haired joke lady.

S3 ruuuuules. The Summer Camp arc leading into the AFO arc is my favourite stretch of the entire series to date. I love the stakes getting ramped up and how much of a genuine threat the League of Villains presents at the Summer Camp.

I'm glad you're digging Jujutsu Kaisen as well! I really enjoy the cast in that show.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
The Next Miyamoto
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 24 EmptyMon 13 Sep 2021 - 19:32

Yep, Mineta seems to be the comic relief but he's not... at all... funny.  Just sickening.  Kaminari is fine as comic relief, no need for 'little grape shite' (stealing that Laughing ).  We've blasted through S3 (hello again Bakugo, also you played clarinet?  That's adorable), and have kind of stalled at the end of S4 (what the heck is the point of Gentle Criminal?  Give us back the LoVs or plague doctor yakuza), because we don't want to hit S5 and have nowhere to go afterwards! Crying or Very sad Same problem with Kaisen.

We have turned elsewhere for our fix, but I'm not sure I can recommend Black Clover per se.  It kind of does the same thing as MHA, only worse: in a kingdom where everyone has magic, one boy does not, so he trains super-hard to be a Magic Knight - only, he's really annoying, and everyone around him is written worse than in MHA.  It's hard not to compare them (FMA Brotherhood too, as the main character is pint-sized), and BC really doesn't come off well.  

Watching anything fun at the moment Jay?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 24 EmptyMon 13 Sep 2021 - 21:28

I can't remember if it's in S5 or the second half of S4, but there's a line that Mineta has towards Eri that made me despair. Like, fuck off forever Mineta, you turgid grape shit.

Yeah, Gentle Criminal was a bit of a goober, but the role he played in being the first villain Deku takes down without any help at all is pretty neat.

I have... not heard good things about Black Clover, so I may pass. Laughing

I've not really been watching much in the way of anime at all this season - it's a pretty sparse one for me personally, so it's just been S5 of MHA and That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime, which I can't say I'm particularly enjoying to a huge degree. MHA has also been a bit of a downer as it's had some real pacing problems this series, although I'm not sure if that'll be as apparent if you haven't read the manga. They've rushed a much anticipated arc though, which has been a bit of a bummer.

So yeah, I should probably find a new show to watch. Maybe I should jump down the Evangelion rabbit hole at long last.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
The Next Miyamoto
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 24 EmptyMon 13 Sep 2021 - 21:53

I'll stay away from the manga then! Was the Mineta line something like 'see you in ten years'? Because I think we've had that. Or does he get worse? Sick

Where am I supposed to get my recommendations from now? Sad I will say that I still enjoy Black Clover more than chuffing Stardust Crusaders. We started Diamond Is Unbreakable but had many of the same problems elsewhere, and also the best character from SC is revealed to be an arse off the bat so that was rubbish.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 24 EmptyMon 13 Sep 2021 - 22:14

Nope, that was the line. Mad

You could always have a look here for recommendations. Wink

I started Diamond is Unbreakable as well but stalled after seeing what they did to my boy Joseph. Sad
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
The Next Miyamoto
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 24 EmptyMon 13 Sep 2021 - 22:23

He was the best character I meant. Sulk

Ooh, cheers! The Lady has really taken against Steins;Gate after trying one of the games and running into a lot of creepy dialogue, but I might try some of those (and your other 8/10s and higher) on my own. Grin
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 24 EmptyTue 14 Sep 2021 - 8:10

Oh, that's a shame! I've only played the original Steins;Gate and didn't run into any creepy dialogue, and of course I adore the anime considering I gave it a ten. I'd solidly recommend it, natch.

I'd actually go as far to say it's worth checking out anything I rated seven or higher on my list! And I'm not just saying that to get you to watch the entirety of Dragon Ball and DBZ. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
The Next Miyamoto
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 24 EmptyTue 14 Sep 2021 - 21:14

I'm not sure you're getting me to watch anything of those bar the abridged series. Laughing Anyway, enough to be working my way through!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 24 EmptyTue 14 Sep 2021 - 21:19

Once I drop my essay on why Vegeta has one of the best character arcs in all of fiction, I'll have you hooked. Wink

i should mention that is 100% hyperbole in case you thought I was serious...
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
The Next Miyamoto
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 24 EmptyTue 14 Sep 2021 - 21:27

Hard to tell sometimes... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 24 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread
Page 24 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24