We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread

Go down 
+9
Jimbob
Rum
Vidofnir
Crumpy Andy
beemoh
masofdas
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
Buskalilly
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 32 EmptySun 6 Mar 2022 - 10:20

I've played like 30 hours in a week and I feel like I've had no time to play this. Then I speak to Oliver at work, who has a wife and two kids, and he's played 7:lol:
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 32 EmptyMon 7 Mar 2022 - 11:48

I finally managed to beat that bastard Starscourge Radahn. I did not enjoy that fight very much. It's one which requires horse combat combined with a hefty dose of questionable feeling hitboxes, one hit death moves, and camera management.

I don't want to give much away about the unique elements of the fight, and I can appreciate that they tried something a bit different here. I did start off thinking that the battle was really cool but the things that make the battle really unique can also feel like you're in the hands of chance as to whether or not you'll get a decent run.

Like my earlier post, being more aggressive was ultimately what got me closer and closer to winning until it finally happened, so there are definitely still lessons for me to learn about my playstyle. But at the same time, I can't wait to get back into the more traditional soulsy experience!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 32 EmptyMon 7 Mar 2022 - 12:27

I spent an annoyingly long time fighting that fat tree fella because I couldn't break the habit of getting greedy and trying to sneak an extra chop in.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 32 EmptyThu 10 Mar 2022 - 0:34

Muss wrote:
I finally managed to beat that bastard Starscourge Radahn. I did not enjoy that fight very much. It's one which requires horse combat combined with a hefty dose of questionable feeling hitboxes, one hit death moves, and camera management.

I don't want to give much away about the unique elements of the fight, and I can appreciate that they tried something a bit different here. I did start off thinking that the battle was really cool but the things that make the battle really unique can also feel like you're in the hands of chance as to whether or not you'll get a decent run.

Like my earlier post, being more aggressive was ultimately what got me closer and closer to winning until it finally happened, so there are definitely still lessons for me to learn about my playstyle. But at the same time, I can't wait to get back into the more traditional soulsy experience!

Radahn chat:
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 32 EmptyThu 10 Mar 2022 - 2:12

Ah yeah, misbegotten warriors and crucible knight was a right belter. I spent quite a lot of time trying to deal with them solo before putting my name down as a solo to help others. I lost more times than I care to count but by the end of it really understood those two. When I summoned help myself I beat them first time!

Last edited by Muss on Thu 10 Mar 2022 - 16:24; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 32 EmptyThu 10 Mar 2022 - 9:14

I was so overlevelled by the time I fought them they just fell over, feel I missed out there.

I got the plat yesterday and overall I loved it. It's a shame that the last part of the final boss was up there with the 3 shittest enemies I've fought in the game (alongside Radahn) but even with the frustrations there's a bit of temptation to go back and try some other builds. As much as I loved my Winged Scythe I had to switch weapons for the final boss and I did feel I'd missed out on the more customisable side of the game.

Overall I think when I was in a legacy area I was having some of my best Souls moments, when I was in the field I feel the world felt a bit too empty and pointless, lacking the interesting and carefully crafted feel the world normally has. I'd prefer this more 3D approach to the world, even some of the ability to tackles multiple areas better, but with a smaller tighter world, but I'm probably alone in that.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 32 EmptyThu 10 Mar 2022 - 9:58

Jesus Christ Andy Laughing

I polished off Stormveil, and I've done just about everything else in Limgrave. I'm now at the point where I've got my choice of three or four big areas I can make a start in, but it felt a little overwhelming so I haven't wanted to try playing when I only have an hour or two. I'll get a big sesh in tomorrow or Sunday though and once I've made a start in one or more of the areas it'll no doubt have me addicted again.

My student (who amittedly is 10 years younger than me and a recluse who only plays videogames and leaves the house one a week to talk to me) beat Margit in like his first two hours with the game.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 32 EmptyThu 10 Mar 2022 - 13:52

Buskalilly wrote:

My student (who amittedly is 10 years younger than me and a recluse who only plays videogames and leaves the house one a week to talk to me) beat Margit in like his first two hours with the game.

Bloody hell. Took me fucking ages to polish him off. I couldn't do it alone to start with so I went elsewhere and ended up defeating Leonine Misbegotten first. By the time I went back Marge was still a challenge but I managed it. I also spent ages trying to defeat the Paladin thing outside the front of the start area, and so I've been using the Golden Halbred you get from defeating it ever since as a testament to that early victory!

I was watching Limmy play some on twitch today, and he defeated a dragon but got "banned" just as he landed the killing blow Laughing

Turns out it was a server error, but it was both hilarious and tragic seeing him go through the joy of defeating it and then a split-second later the agony of not knowing what the hell was going on!

As for where I am now, I've cleaned house in the capital and moved onto the mountains. I've also been working through some of the volcano mannor stuff, and I think I'm towards the end of that journey now. I've gone for a strength heavy build, with a side of faith and dexterity. I've got just enough mana to get by in a pinch, but I'm pretty much a melee build. I would like to try magic if I go through this again as I've seen some ludicrous damage output from people with those builds, but I'm not putting my halbred down for this run. I think I'm one upgrade away from maxing it out.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 32 EmptyThu 10 Mar 2022 - 16:38

I said to myself before I started I wouldn't touch pyromancy type spells but over time it has just crept in to my play style but I'm still mainly staying true to my bleed dual daggers bandit character I've made. Once I'm done with that first play through I quite fancy trying great curved swords with magic.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 32 EmptyFri 11 Mar 2022 - 10:56

Muss wrote:

Bloody hell. Took me fucking ages to polish him off. I couldn't do it alone to start with so I went elsewhere and ended up defeating Leonine Misbegotten first. By the time I went back Marge was still a challenge but I managed it. I also spent ages trying to defeat the Paladin thing outside the front of the start area, and so I've been using the Golden Halbred you get from defeating it ever since as a testament to that early victory!

I did pretty much everything in Limgrave before I finally polished Marge. After him, the boss of that castle was a pushover.

I actually didn't have much trouble with Tree Sentinel. He was tough on foot, but once I got my horsey he was nuffin. NUFFIN.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 32 EmptySat 12 Mar 2022 - 9:46

I've jumped in to this over the last week and it's good fun, still early days for me but so far the open world aspect is quite satisfying and the bosses are as tough as I expected but I'm definitely getting enjoyment out of the challenge.

I've only just reached the roundtable after multiple attempts at Margit where I genuinely got close a few times but I'm just not there yet in terms of skill/level. I'm probably not the only one to do this but I made the silly mistake early on to attack the NPC you meet after leaving the tutorial area, the fun thing about this is it was just in front of the site of grace where every time I respawned he came straight for me, basically meant I had to git gud early on if I wanted to actually go anywhere, I eventually beat him but it was a funny way to start my journey.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 32 EmptySun 13 Mar 2022 - 12:45

Buskalilly wrote:
Muss wrote:

I did pretty much everything in Limgrave before I finally polished Marge. After him, the boss of that castle was a pushover.

I actually didn't have much trouble with Tree Sentinel. He was tough on foot, but once I got my horsey he was nuffin. NUFFIN.

Yeah see I didn't bother with horse combat until a bit later into the game. I started off as a wretch so I only had access to what a scavenged, or a club. I didn't really feel like I had anything I wanted to use on horseback. It's a tough old fight on foot. I know everything that the Tree Sentinels have to offer now though so I'm pretty sure I'd have its number if I went back and started again.

I'm into the homestretch now, having beaten all of the optional shard bearers. Two of them are absolutely phenomenally challenging.

Late game Boss chat:

Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 32 EmptyMon 6 Jun 2022 - 13:53

Muss wrote:

I'm into the homestretch now, having beaten all of the optional shard bearers. Two of them are absolutely phenomenally challenging.

I didn't really find this game difficult until the final stretch, wherein
Spoiler:
all took a damn few tries.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 32 EmptyMon 6 Jun 2022 - 17:46

The difficulty is so attached to your level (more than most souls games) in Elden Ring though so it'll vary wildly between people.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 32 EmptyMon 6 Jun 2022 - 23:34

Somehow I seemed to always be overlevelled, did it in some odd order.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 32 EmptyTue 7 Jun 2022 - 19:43

That's very easy to do but for me I didn't level as much on purpose for a couple reasons. 1. I was very over levelled for the weeping peninsula area and didn't have much fun just absolutely flattening everything 2. I wanted to stay in range of the level cap for pvp duels which is 125, not to mention I shouldn't be over levelled for any future dlc that comes out.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 32 EmptyThu 8 Jun 2023 - 12:52

I'm back here as posted last year about Elden Ring in conjunction with BotW, been talking to Soul's loving mate in work and games in general which I've mentioned Tears & Forspoken with things I like/dislike in those.

Which lead to him bringing up Elden Ring again, and I've now bought it on Xbox as I found for £30 plus with XVI coming up on PS5, I have the game I'm playing on Xbox with Elden Ring.

With updates etc since launch, what class is the way to go? Think Jas said Prophet, yet mate in work Vagabond, google come up with prisoner as it's a hybrid class or something. Basically, as I said before, I want to be able to roll around, get a few sword swipes in, throw a fireball or something when at distance and some way to heal.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 32 EmptyFri 9 Jun 2023 - 1:08

The opening class doesn't make a huge difference, it basically just chooses your weapon and your starting stats. Do you want to use swords and that or magic?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 32 EmptyFri 9 Jun 2023 - 5:15

Aye, like Buska says it doesn't really matter but if you are truly set on having those things you mentioned at the start of the game it's either Prophet or Confessor. Though neither start with a long range spell if I remember correctly.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 32 EmptyFri 9 Jun 2023 - 10:10

I was thinking fireballs were long range, so swords close combat and a magic spell for long range though could use a bow.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 32 EmptyFri 9 Jun 2023 - 13:25

You'll pick up fireballs and / or a bow for range reasonably early, but you won't have one right out of the gate; the game wants to tutorialise the close combat
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 32 EmptyFri 9 Jun 2023 - 15:58

Yeah that's fine I'm thinking further into the game if I get that far 😂
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 32 EmptyFri 9 Jun 2023 - 18:21

Then I'd just have a wee look at a few classes starting weapons and see what you like from there.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 32 EmptySun 18 Jun 2023 - 10:50

I've not played Elden Ring yet, but as a super-expert Souls veteran, my 100% pro-verified tip is: get the biggest whacking stick you can and upgrade your strength so you can do better whacking with it. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 32 EmptySun 18 Jun 2023 - 11:46

Laughing Good advice as long as you pass the vigor check first.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 32 Empty

Back to top Go down

Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread
Page 32 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33  Next