We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread

Go down 
+9
Jimbob
Rum
Vidofnir
Crumpy Andy
beemoh
masofdas
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
Buskalilly
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 31, 32, 33
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 33 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 33 EmptyWed 21 Jun 2023 - 8:02

Jim's tactic there has gotten me through the entirety of DS1, 2, 3 and ER without a single summon, so I'd say its valid.

I thin BB I was more dexy but that's kind of how the game is designed.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 33 EmptyFri 23 Jun 2023 - 15:50

I ended up playing as a magic katana build in Elden Ring, so dexterity plus intelligence. Chop 'em up with the katana and some spells to pepper them at range. I eventually got a katana with a magic shockwave special attack that I used for the rest of the game.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 33 EmptyFri 23 Jun 2023 - 16:05

Magic Katana sounds cool
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 33 EmptyFri 23 Jun 2023 - 16:40

There's a class that starts with a katana and a bow if I remember rightly. The katana I found was really tough to get - locked behind a nasty boss that I definitely fought too early - but carried me through the rest of the game after getting it.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 33 EmptyFri 23 Jun 2023 - 16:52

I'll have a look when XVI is done and bunch of other games but July* is meh that it good look in then.

*Be interesting what games Andy use for his July Quiz.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 33 EmptyWed 27 Dec 2023 - 13:53

I've started on Elden Ring. Really looking forward to it, given its sitting in the centre of the Venn Diagram of 2 games series I love*. Although so far there's been an unbeatable enemy which is: the PS5 Wi-Fi connection. I've been chucked out 3 times in an hour (although the PS5 itself never registers that it's been disconnected, implying that it's only going off for a fraction of a second). So I'm probably going to have to play offline, this denying me such helpful messages as "try finger ahead, but hole"

*Of course I'm talking about Ape Escape and Bubsy the Bobcat

I think my copy is mega-cursed in fact. Not just the online thing, but, feeling not so inspired, I just hit the "similar face" things several times.
Which resulted in:
Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 33 Elden_10
Uh... isn't that?
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 33 EmptyWed 27 Dec 2023 - 14:36

Now Luke has to grow that beard
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 33 EmptyThu 28 Dec 2023 - 12:21

I'd normally chalk it up to "curse of the bald white man", but that genuinely could be Luke with different facial hair. Laughing
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 33 EmptySun 31 Dec 2023 - 16:18

Laughing Yeah that actually is bang on.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 33 EmptyMon 1 Jan 2024 - 15:58

Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 33 Elden_13
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 33 EmptyThu 4 Jan 2024 - 19:52

I'm now at the point where I think my screenshot looks more like you than you do
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 33 EmptySat 27 Jan 2024 - 11:23

Double posting: I'm terrified of playing a Souls-y game with a lot of freedom, and have followed the first piss lines up to the tower where there's what I remember from previews to be the first proper boss. I've also chosen to make I-don't-think-it-looks-like-Buska-anymore a magic lad, and I've never played any Souls game without either being a big-stick-smasher or a whizzy-fencer. I presume there's nowhere I was supposed to "find" on the way that'd give me some mega-helpful item?

Er... if not obvious, perhaps don't suggest things - I should probably do this properly!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 33 EmptySun 28 Jan 2024 - 14:49

If you want absolutely zero advice don't click this, but these games are made to be diiscussed:
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 33 EmptySat 3 Feb 2024 - 20:09

Buska, I did click that, if only to see whether I was just doing something dumb! I should point out that, before I wrote that, I hadn't even been given access to the Firelink Shrine equivalent! And I've been scared to deviate from the main path, at least to start with, for that reason. Which I may do a bit, if only to find someone who can help out with my (for me in a Souls-y game at least) experimental build.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 33 EmptySat 10 Feb 2024 - 10:19

And I beat that first big lad. And I found the map I was supposed to find beforehand.

Really this has been embarrassing so far.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 33 EmptySat 10 Feb 2024 - 19:07

It wouldn't be a Souls game without some embarrassing failures, plus it could always be worse, back when ER launched one streamer I watched got stuck in the far east of the map for like 2+ weeks because he's so stubborn about exploration & wouldn't give up an area he clearly wasn't ready for yet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread - Page 33 Empty

Back to top Go down

Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread
Page 33 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 31, 32, 33