We've tried beers, they taste like beers.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Virtual Reality

Go down 
+15
Muss
oldschool
Crumpy Andy
The_Jaster
fronkhead
Axis1500
Jimbob
ZeroJones
JayMoyles
Cube
beemoh
Athrun888
Buskalilly
masofdas
Balladeer
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Virtual Reality - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Virtual Reality   Virtual Reality - Page 7 EmptyMon 4 Apr 2016 - 20:01

There was some really good VR discussion on Daft souls podcast 73, well worth a listen if you's haven't done so already.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Virtual Reality   Virtual Reality - Page 7 EmptyTue 5 Apr 2016 - 16:21

OrangeRakoon wrote:
My expectations of PSVR are not anything like the Vive, don't worry. It's obviously an entirely different experience because of the cameras/physical tracking with the Vive.

Doesn't make it any less amazing even if I won't be getting one!

It certainly is amazing the Vive, I played a bit of Job Simulator on it among other things, that is coming to PSVR but I hear the tracking at the moment as PSVR does have the camera and move is a little off compared to Vive but hopefully with 6 months difference between launches thing like that can be improved on.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Virtual Reality   Virtual Reality - Page 7 EmptyFri 29 Apr 2016 - 21:34

Mas wrote:

We've talked about this elsewhere but now your bringing up VR being the new standard, which I've never said.

It will never will be the standard , but it doesn't mean it can't sit side by side with the standard playing of games.

And offer new experiences of play or for other things like Jimbob point out about his job using VR.

This was said in the NX thread and I didn't want to clutter it up there so thought I'd continue the convo here.

Didn't you say at one point that VR is the future of gaming?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Virtual Reality   Virtual Reality - Page 7 EmptyFri 29 Apr 2016 - 21:42

It is a future of gaming like 3D was to 2D gaming but we still have both.

We will still have both standard form of gaming which will likely always bigger but VR will also be there.

With certain genres like racing games could be taken to the next level, imagine Mario Kart 9 for NX in VR.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Virtual Reality   Virtual Reality - Page 7 EmptySat 30 Apr 2016 - 1:30

Virtual Reality - Page 7 6vApA
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Virtual Reality   Virtual Reality - Page 7 EmptySat 30 Apr 2016 - 15:06

mas wrote:

With certain genres like racing games could be taken to the next level, imagine Mario Kart 9 for NX in VR.

That's enough to make me projectile vomit with the whole hop drift, driving on walls, getting shot through cannons etc.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Virtual Reality   Virtual Reality - Page 7 EmptySat 30 Apr 2016 - 15:24

A good part of the charm of the MK series is seeing your characters chirping away in their karts as well. Might work better for F-Zero, but the motion sickness would be even worse. Sick
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Virtual Reality   Virtual Reality - Page 7 EmptySat 30 Apr 2016 - 15:33

You do know that's why framerate can't drop and HZ has to be high to stop motion sickness.

Some who have played RIGS say it seems to slow, yeah a Mech would be slow but these are sports Mechs and speeded up.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Virtual Reality   Virtual Reality - Page 7 EmptySat 30 Apr 2016 - 15:59

Getting around motion sickness is a tricky thing especially so for VR since not everyone will react same way as some will be more sensitive to it.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Virtual Reality   Virtual Reality - Page 7 EmptySat 30 Apr 2016 - 16:02

Certainly but they are trying to address the issue.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Virtual Reality   Virtual Reality - Page 7 EmptyMon 2 May 2016 - 10:52

masofdas wrote:
Jas has tried to move the VR talk else where but yeah the reviews like you say might not be great for the games so far but what was the avg for PS4 launch line-up for instance, I personally think VR much like how you bring up about the PS4 & hopefully what's coming to the NX around the corner.

Also do you want along VR game, if your saying this guy only gave what ever game a 72% because it's short, to me that's not a problem. I'm not looking for 14hr Uncharted in VR but 2hr-3hr Everybody Gone to the Rapture type stuff. There is long good game just look up Chronos for instance and if Nintendo do VR then I reckon out of anyone they'd would figure it out the best (I know the VB) which leads me to.

It's the what's coming, the tech is there for VR it's going to take someone maybe From Software who are now looking at making a PSVR game to bring out that Killer App.

Mas, I hope you don't mind me copying your quote from the other topic - as you rightly said, I put things in the wrong place!

To clarify, Matt gave Chronos the highest score because it didn't outstay its welcome. I do agree with you in that playing smaller games is more appealing in VR, compared with playing longer games for a longer period of time.
My opinion is that VR doesn't make that much of a difference to an experience to justify isolating yourself from the world, and risking motion sickness.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Virtual Reality   Virtual Reality - Page 7 EmptyMon 2 May 2016 - 12:39

It's a strange one as when I played Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, first thing I thought due to my time with VR was this would be better in VR as it would just ad to the atmosphere and overall experience of the game.

And something like Battlezone, from what I played would have be rather boring with out VR but with VR, I'm going around in this Tank blowing stuff up and it made so much more interesting as I felt more like a Tank driver.

But the best experience I've had was with the Vive which is mind-blowingly good. Only issue with it to get that is the price of Vive, price of a rig and the space to walk around.

Like I said to OR, PSVR which you all know I'm getting I know I'm not going to get that mind-blowingly experience from it being a mid-tier VR but from what I have played which does / will work on it has looked great and stuff that I think they should do like EGttR gets me very excited.

That I really do hope the NX does have VR and the rumors of Xbox One Second support's VR as well, that everyone can experience it as at the moment I think that's still the main issue.

Take OR plays Vive then goes this is great,  in the US of A Sony are doing a road trip with a lorry which open ups with PSVR set-up ready to go inside. That sort thing needs to be done IMO to VR to be a real success not just word of mouth me going VR is pretty good as £350 for PSVR is a lot of money that your not just going to go out and buy one, and how mnay people will you know that has one as well to try.

I said before that if we were doing the meet in November or soemthign, I would have brought PSVR that you can all have a go and play. I know a few of my friends at work want to have a go when I get mine as it's going to be there only way to play unless Sony do a UK tour of some sort.

As not to make this post any longer, here's some games I want to play in VR:
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Virtual Reality   Virtual Reality - Page 7 EmptyTue 24 May 2016 - 23:18

It's just like in Ace Attorney Investigations! Juries might be able to virtually enter crime scenes to help reach verdicts. Exciting stuff, albeit not very game-related. Still, I suppose, the more the tech is out there, the better it gets for gaming...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Virtual Reality   Virtual Reality - Page 7 EmptySat 28 May 2016 - 9:50

Seems VR will be a thing at Xbox this year at E3 with the recent rumors about new Xbox Ones which is in the E3 thread.

What confirms this is Xbox VR is listed on a E3 page of what's going to be at the show along with who's actually showing VR stuff for Xbox VR, also well-ish known European studio who are making a VR game for PC & PS4 have said their working on bringing the game for Xbox VR as well.

Looking at the list of studios down on E3's list the most well known one is Rebellion, who are based in the UK and making Battlezone which is coming to PS4 & PC this year and is a timed exclusive for PSVR.

That I might be adding 2 + 2 together and making 5 but it does seem a likely game to be coming to Xbox VR but the main takeaway is VR is coming to Xbox in 2017 which a bit after October this year for PSVR.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Virtual Reality   Virtual Reality - Page 7 EmptyTue 14 Jun 2016 - 9:48

VR has had a big presence at E3 so far this year with Bethesda announcing DOOM and Fallout 4 in VR, MS showing Minecraft on Gear VR and announcing Oculus will be coming to Scorpio, Ubisoft showing of a few things and Sony showing off some big name titles working in VR.

Has any of this changed your opinion on VR, I've said before and I still stand by it VR isn't demoed well and that it has to be played to get what it's about.

Also with all this VR stuff and slight rumors of NX will have VR, does this put more pressure n Nintendo to do VR, if everyone in the industry is doing it and a 3rd party want's to bring a game over for instance.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Virtual Reality   Virtual Reality - Page 7 EmptyTue 14 Jun 2016 - 10:26

I watched the Resident Evil 7 VR trailer and yep, I'm not buying any horror VR games that's for sure. I actually worry what this could do to the easily-influenced psychologically.

I'll reserve judgment on any other types of VR until I've actually tried them.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Virtual Reality   Virtual Reality - Page 7 EmptyWed 15 Jun 2016 - 11:10

At least your waiting to judge VR, unlike some.

Yeah RE7VR is a odd one as I'm yet to play the demo on PSN but from what i watched on Treesmurf playing it last night, it looks like it has been made for VR which is a good thing but also a bad thing as that could give you nightmare's.

From E3 conference DOOM is great in VR but doubt we will see on PSVR my VR of choice due to easy entry to VR, Batman is meant to be fantastic which I gathered from Rocksteady, FFXV is utter rubbish which we could all see, Star Trek even thogh it doesn't look the best seems to be the most positive VR thing as it just works how you would think it should.

We've also got the lineup for PSVR it seems and it's not the best but still 50 games by year end and some like Battlefront are of course already out,
Rigs
VR Worlds
Until Dawn: Rush of Blood
Super Stardust
Hustle Kings
Tumble VR

I'll more then likely get all 6 games as there all rather cheap part from Rigs which is a full priced game, ohh and Playroom VR but that's with every PSVR headset.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Virtual Reality   Virtual Reality - Page 7 EmptyTue 20 Sep 2016 - 18:09

I've started a VR news thing which will be for PSVR but may crossover with the others, I know this is not for most of you but I thought I would share with you all.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Virtual Reality   Virtual Reality - Page 7 EmptyWed 21 Sep 2016 - 2:56

I'll keep an eye on it I'm sure, whilst I'm not really interested in owning anything to do with VR it's definitely something I'd like to try or even buying when it goes cheap.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Virtual Reality   Virtual Reality - Page 7 EmptyWed 21 Sep 2016 - 7:49

Thanks TSmurf from the first one it's been fairly popular with 35 views which isn't many in the grand-scheme of things on YT but most of my videos unless its a unboxing, pick up or pod of war then the rest have like 5 views.

Hopefully can really tap into to what will be for a while something for enthusiasts but as I will cover all the news I can when or if their is new bundles or a price drop, it will be in the video.

Of course will do a unboxing / pick up video on launch, pod of war VR launch special along with some articles on Gintendo along with some reviews may.

Second is up already, I can this series being nothing for like 2 weeks then loads of stuff then nothing and so on
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Virtual Reality   Virtual Reality - Page 7 EmptyWed 5 Oct 2016 - 16:45

Stuff is dropping for PSVR today but the big news is Google have announced there new VR headset along with the new phone which is made for VR which means another big company is really going for VR.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Virtual Reality   Virtual Reality - Page 7 EmptyWed 5 Oct 2016 - 16:50

Admins., is there any reason why this thread shouldn't be shifted across to Nontendo? There's no VR setup that's compatible with Nintendo machines, no sign that Nintendo's interested in it (they've pretty much said otherwise), and for what it's worth I'm the thread creator. Balladeer
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Virtual Reality   Virtual Reality - Page 7 EmptyWed 5 Oct 2016 - 16:57

What if one of the Nintendo Phone games work's with Gear or DayDream?

It's VR a general gaming thing though, it a very odd one sort like news at the moment like Google now have DayDream, Apple with do iVR at somepoint etc
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Virtual Reality   Virtual Reality - Page 7 EmptyWed 5 Oct 2016 - 16:57

I don't want it in Nontendo, I think it should go in The Bin.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Virtual Reality   Virtual Reality - Page 7 EmptyWed 5 Oct 2016 - 16:59

I would love it if the NX has VR just to it to annoy you Andy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Virtual Reality   Virtual Reality - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Virtual Reality
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next