Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Astounding Multiplayer Moments

Go down 
+7
Rum
ZeroJones
masofdas
The Cappuccino Kid
Balladeer
Buskalilly
JayMoyles
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

Astounding Multiplayer Moments - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astounding Multiplayer Moments   Astounding Multiplayer Moments - Page 2 EmptyTue 25 Mar 2014 - 17:46

Is there still a community for Burnout Paradise on PC I wonder?

Playing on Xbox with loads of NGamer folk in a chat party was pretty great. Made single player gaming feel a bit more special too.

Anyone have any crowning moments of awesome playing multiplayer? I always remember the time playing Call of Duty 4's search and destroy gamemode when my team was wiped out, leaving me alone to take on the entire enemy team. The increasing yells of excitement from my teammates as I took down more and more of the enemy team was amazing, and the roar of joy as I won the round and the match for us was even better.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Cube
Garreg Mach Geography Teacher

PostSubject: Re: Astounding Multiplayer Moments   Astounding Multiplayer Moments - Page 2 EmptyTue 25 Mar 2014 - 18:48

JayMoyles wrote:
Is there still a community for Burnout Paradise on PC I wonder?

I don't think there's much of one. They never bothered releasing the last DLC on PC. On top of that, the store for the rest of the DLC closed ages ago.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Astounding Multiplayer Moments   Astounding Multiplayer Moments - Page 2 EmptyTue 25 Mar 2014 - 22:35

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
The_Jaster wrote:
"super pad"

FUCK YES.

I bought a GameCube version of the Super Pad, and always gave it to the same mate whenever we had multiplayer sessions. Even if the Wavebird was available, he'd always get the Super Pad. I'm sure the left input on the joystick only worked occasionally. We rechristened it "The Jamie Pad", with his name Tippex'ed on it and everything.

:lol:brilliant! Did the cube super pad feel as bad as the n64 one?

----

I mentioned this chap in the best/worst bosses thread but I think it fits well for this thread as well also I don't think I'll ever forget it, his name? Humpty & he helped me slay the most notorious boss in dark souls.
He distracted Ornstein while I could focus on Smough with my lightning spear, any time I caught a glance of Humpty he was just toying with Ornstein with dodges until I was done with my part which took a good few minutes but with Smough dispatched the second phase started & we both charged the now giant Ornstein, me with my fire claymore in hand as we repeatedly hacked away at his legs.

Humpty you are a legend!

Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Astounding Multiplayer Moments   Astounding Multiplayer Moments - Page 2 EmptyWed 26 Mar 2014 - 1:29

My 10-0 run of wins on Animal Crossing Sweet Day as the catcher, I'm the only one of my friends who can actually manage to control both the knife and fork at the same time.

Winning a multiplayer league on PES after salvaging a point in the final game with a late late goal.

An epic 5 set doubles game of Mario Power Tennis in which my team came back from the being match point down without a set won to eventually getting it to a tie breaker in the final set, only to lose out thanks a massive rally on the final match point.

That's all I can remember specifically but I've experienced plenty of great games of Mario Kart, WWE, Mario Party, Wii Sports, Wario Ware, Smash Bros and Bomberman among others.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Astounding Multiplayer Moments   Astounding Multiplayer Moments - Page 2 EmptyWed 26 Mar 2014 - 6:14

I remember playing Bomberman Blast online with fronkhead, SolveMyMaze, and - oof - a3HeadedMonkey several years ago. I think I played with other folks too but I just can't remember who was who. Lots of fun playing it for hours at a time.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Astounding Multiplayer Moments   Astounding Multiplayer Moments - Page 2 EmptyWed 26 Mar 2014 - 21:50

The_Jaster wrote:

I mentioned this chap in the best/worst bosses thread but I think it fits well for this thread as well also I don't think I'll ever forget it, his name? Humpty & he helped me slay the most notorious boss in dark souls.
He distracted Ornstein while I could focus on Smough with my lightning spear, any time I caught a glance of Humpty he was just toying with Ornstein with dodges until I was done with my part which took a good few minutes but with Smough dispatched the second phase started & we both charged the now giant Ornstein, me with my fire claymore in hand as we repeatedly hacked away at his legs.

Humpty you are a legend!

I've yet to try Dark Souls's co-op multiplayer, as the NPC summons have carried me through the difficult boss fights, but that sounds great.  Smile 
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Astounding Multiplayer Moments   Astounding Multiplayer Moments - Page 2 EmptyThu 27 Mar 2014 - 0:26

Rum Rapture wrote:
I remember playing Bomberman Blast online with fronkhead, SolveMyMaze, and - oof - a3HeadedMonkey several years ago. I think I played with other folks too but I just can't remember who was who. Lots of fun playing it for hours at a time.

Astounding Multiplayer Moments - Page 2 Hi
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Astounding Multiplayer Moments   Astounding Multiplayer Moments - Page 2 EmptyThu 27 Mar 2014 - 9:11

Somehow forgot the co-op gaming I've done in my time, which included beating Four Swords Adventures on the GameCube with a couple of uni mates, and slogging most of the way through a Crystal Chronicles title with the same pair. I mostly carried the pot thing around. I also played a memorable session of the DSiWare Four Swords with a few StreetPass Manchester guys. We did well, although our game took ages.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Astounding Multiplayer Moments   Astounding Multiplayer Moments - Page 2 EmptyThu 27 Mar 2014 - 10:37

Co-op gaming is fantastic when it's done right. I just remembered the fact that I played through the entirety of Gears of War 2 on its hardest difficulty with someone from the Old Place, but I can't for the life of me remember who it was. Maybe grf? Anyway, I do remember it being an intense and tactical playthrough, and it was so satisfying once we beat it.  Smile 
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Astounding Multiplayer Moments   Astounding Multiplayer Moments - Page 2 EmptyThu 27 Mar 2014 - 16:23

JayMoyles wrote:
The_Jaster wrote:

Humpty you are a legend!

I've yet to try Dark Souls's co-op multiplayer, as the NPC summons have carried me through the difficult boss fights, but that sounds great.  Smile 

It really is & it can turn the tide if someone invades you but I've only seen that happen on a youtube playthrough I've been watching.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Astounding Multiplayer Moments   Astounding Multiplayer Moments - Page 2 EmptyThu 27 Mar 2014 - 16:26

I really haven't scratched the surface of dark souls yet Sad
I'm getting near the end of my list of stuff to complete though so before I do my metal gear marathon I'll properly throw myself into souls, read the wikis and stuff, give it a real stab.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Astounding Multiplayer Moments   Astounding Multiplayer Moments - Page 2 EmptySat 29 Mar 2014 - 10:17

The first go of Wario Ware I had, several years ago, was multiplayer with my family. It's so much better when no-one knows what to expect.

GAME: "Get 5"
DAD: "Get 5 what?"
(screen comprises of one stick figure and several white spheres heading towards the front of the screen)
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Astounding Multiplayer Moments   Astounding Multiplayer Moments - Page 2 EmptyTue 1 Apr 2014 - 0:47

Perhaps my favourite ever co-op game was Conflict Desert Storm, you really need to rely on your squad as each character has their own plus points, made for some real tense moments.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Astounding Multiplayer Moments   Astounding Multiplayer Moments - Page 2 EmptyTue 1 Apr 2014 - 19:47

Treesmurf wrote:
Perhaps my favourite ever co-op game was Conflict Desert Storm, you really need to rely on your squad as each character has their own plus points, made for some real tense moments.

YES! That game was brilliant!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Astounding Multiplayer Moments   Astounding Multiplayer Moments - Page 2 EmptyThu 15 May 2014 - 19:35

Today not Astounding but fun though on Titanfall was playing the new maps which dropped  Razz  today and was on the hard-point mode which you have to capture A, B, C. I kept going to C so did this other guy from the other team the two of us used the same tactic chuck in a grenade run in kill then sit in the corner and pick of any grunts or other pilots and this just repeated. It was like we had are own little game who could last longest before getting killed by the other, we both ended up top of are teams by quite a bit but mine lost though.

I did nearly message him and say good game like you do but I forgot his name.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Astounding Multiplayer Moments   Astounding Multiplayer Moments - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Astounding Multiplayer Moments
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2