We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Generic General Pokemon Discussion

Go down 
+18
NintenDUCK
Buskalilly
The_Jaster
Jimbob
oldschool
JayMoyles
Crumpy Andy
Admin
masofdas
Zaphod_B
Rum
Vidofnir
Cube
beemoh
shanks
ZeroJones
Balladeer
Athrun888
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

Generic General Pokemon Discussion - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Generic General Pokemon Discussion   Generic General Pokemon Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue 22 Apr 2014 - 5:32

I go through fairly quickly gym wise but when that's all done I go around a second time and catch them all
Back to top Go down
Zaphod_B
Wonderful
Zaphod_B

PostSubject: Re: Generic General Pokemon Discussion   Generic General Pokemon Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue 22 Apr 2014 - 10:21

Balladeer wrote:

Zaphod's another one letting nostalgia trump common sense.  There are many cuter Pooglemans than Squirtle:
I completely am and I know it! I'm not one of those people that hates every new pokeymans after Red and Blue (and I know loads of people who feel that way, usually those who haven't played any games post-Red/Blue), but the sense of mystery of that first time in the Poke-verse made the original special. When I played the originals (and G/S) I really got into the game, talked to everyone, looked in all the nooks and crannies, and occasionally just hung about in an area 'cos dammit I liked it there!

I see the games much more mechanically these days after so many similar poke-quests, so I go though with much less interest in the world and characters. That said I'm still a casual wanderer, I do try and fight everyone, and my team is usually based getting the best I can out of new pokemon I like the look of rather than picking for brutal battle efficiency!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Generic General Pokemon Discussion   Generic General Pokemon Discussion - Page 3 EmptyWed 23 Apr 2014 - 18:08

Any nostalgia I have for the series is reserved for RSE.  RBYGS are just too bleepy-bloopy for me now.

After trying to bring out an episode about Whiscash (an earthquake-causing catfish) just after an earthquake had hit, the anime has now had to cancel another episode about a sunken castle, just after the Korean ferry thing. Oopsie.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Generic General Pokemon Discussion   Generic General Pokemon Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu 24 Apr 2014 - 6:03

Yeah I saw that the latest episode is delayed and now Ash is taking on the Gym
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Generic General Pokemon Discussion   Generic General Pokemon Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon 28 Apr 2014 - 12:48

This was a really fun battle I just had. http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-114570075

Their defensive core was incredibly rough on my team, and a few misplays here and there (like dragon dancing twice instead of going for the flare blitz) really didn't help matters. When at turn 30 my opponent switched in their skarmory in to my choice scarfed bug bite I really thought my chances of winning were gone, and I was tempted to stop actually trying and just go through the motions until my inevitable defeat. Be that as it may, I hung in there and the match came right down to the wire, my breloom being the only thing truly standing between my and defeat.

Not one of my best battles, but that was one of the more scrappy and fun ones.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Generic General Pokemon Discussion   Generic General Pokemon Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon 12 May 2014 - 16:15

Generic General Pokemon Discussion - Page 3 Pokemon+as+made+by+Square+Enix.+We+need+this+game_9a441c_4872310

If Pokémon were done by Squeenix. Control yourself Athrun.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Generic General Pokemon Discussion   Generic General Pokemon Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon 12 May 2014 - 16:21

Cripes, I never answered how I play! Embarrassed

The plan is usually to catch as many as possible from each area, followed by chopping and changing my team if necessary. To aid this, I like to train up a few 'mon with type advantages when I reach a new Gym (if it's possible). After that I'll return to the balanced team I was trawling around with before the Gym before the process repeats again. After about the sixth Gym, I'll keep a settled team for all fights with an eye on the Elite Four. I like to evolve monsters instead of catching the evolutions and I get upset when a 'mon falls in battle, so I stock up on Full Restores and the like.

I pay no attention to IV's and EV's whatsoever - I've only ever battled two humans, and got my bottom ceremonially handed to me on both occasions. Once by a bad winner, which has kind of put me off (not that I ever loved it anyway).

~~~

A true Dragon Quest from Balla!
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Generic General Pokemon Discussion   Generic General Pokemon Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue 17 Jun 2014 - 12:32

Another battle that nobody cares about, but I really want to post anyway!  http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-131941140

Not the longest battle ever, but it felt a fair bit longer than it was because of how hard fought it was on both sides.  It's matches like these that are my favourites.

And for something people generally might care about, awesome wallpaper!

Generic General Pokemon Discussion - Page 3 JxtuVhXg2IOmg
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Generic General Pokemon Discussion   Generic General Pokemon Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue 17 Jun 2014 - 13:05

On the theme of awesome wallpapers, take a gander at this awesome Gen VI one...
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Generic General Pokemon Discussion   Generic General Pokemon Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue 17 Jun 2014 - 13:22

That is indeed awesome, downloaded!   Grin
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Generic General Pokemon Discussion   Generic General Pokemon Discussion - Page 3 EmptyWed 18 Jun 2014 - 10:30

Does any of you still play the TCG, as I sold all my old cards ages ago but my mate whom runs the MTG locally and judges a few events is thinking about doing the judge exam for TCG & playing it a bit more but not a high level us lot maybe we just buy a premade deck in a store.

But just wondering if you do play, if so what sort of decks and any advice.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Generic General Pokemon Discussion   Generic General Pokemon Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue 29 Jul 2014 - 20:07

I don't, nope.

Anyway, discussion's at a minimum and I'm bored. What Pokémon would you really like to see get an evolution or Mega-evolution? For whatever reason.

For evolutions, Dunsparce. The basis for the design is really interesting, halfway between a snake-cryptid and a feathered serpent, but the design itself and stats. are mediocre as hell. Give it larger wings and a part-ground-typing. That'll confuse everyone.

Regarding Megas, definitely Gallade. Gardevoir got one, and this thing is so much better designed. It would just be blades everywhere, which is never a bad thing (as the babysitter said to the judge). Also, Hawlucha and Sigilyph. The idea of totem pole and Nazca jar-based birds is such a good one, and I think it's a shame that they're hamstrung by mediocre stats.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Generic General Pokemon Discussion   Generic General Pokemon Discussion - Page 3 EmptyWed 30 Jul 2014 - 0:07

Ooh, nice idea. I was thinking about it the other week and would really like to see one for Tropius. It is a pretty awesome Pokemon but there is absolutely no real reason anyone would use it because its stats are mediocre and it doesn't do anything another better Pokemon couldn't do.

Quite like the idea of a Mega Solrock and Lunatone as well.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Generic General Pokemon Discussion   Generic General Pokemon Discussion - Page 3 EmptyWed 30 Jul 2014 - 19:36

Unown
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Generic General Pokemon Discussion   Generic General Pokemon Discussion - Page 3 EmptyWed 30 Jul 2014 - 22:00

He did pass through my mind!  A Mega would be rubbish, though, unless they expanded his movepool - gotta be an evolution.  Or perhaps even a special Pokémon that you can only catch once you've got all 28 Unown - Alphanown or something.

RSE introduced a lot of subpar no-evo. Pokémon, didn't they?  See also Absol, Chimecho (at the time), Nosepass (ditto), Plusle/Minun, Spinda.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Generic General Pokemon Discussion   Generic General Pokemon Discussion - Page 3 EmptyWed 30 Jul 2014 - 22:29

Balladeer wrote:
Plusle/Minun

I wouldn't want to see evolutions for any 'mon with a 'counterpart' like those two (See also Volbeat/Illumise, and Rum's Solrock/Lunatone suggestion)- I think that'd negate the point.

Mega Eevee might be an idea, though, so long as none of the 'regular' Eeveelutions got their own Mega. You might have to give it some awesome yet impractical gimmick power, too.

Mega Qwilfish, maybe? That could just inflate. Or Mega Garbodor could be an entire landfill site, or something.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Generic General Pokemon Discussion   Generic General Pokemon Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu 31 Jul 2014 - 8:50

Honestly (sorry for invoking those piss awful Windows phone ads), I'd rather see genuine new evolutions or pre-evolutions of Pokémon than more Megas. I remember talking to Balla on the NGamer site about a pre-evolution to Kangaskhan, for example. Anyway, there's a golden opportunity to 'expand' on some Gen 3 monsters coming up soon, so let's get some of the wimps powered up: Mightyena, Dustox, Shiftry and Breloom could all see some Megaction.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Generic General Pokemon Discussion   Generic General Pokemon Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu 31 Jul 2014 - 9:03

I'm not a fan of Megas anyway, but they are a thing, so may as well make the most of them. Breloom's no wimp, though! Spore + Technician.

beemoh wrote:
I wouldn't want to see evolutions for any 'mon with a 'counterpart' like those two (See also Volbeat/Illumise, and Rum's Solrock/Lunatone suggestion)- I think that'd negate the point.

I wouldn't want to see anything done with Plusle/Minun, because they're rubbish. Talking mega-evos., though, Mawile and Sableye got upgrades.

If they do a Mega-Garbodor somewhere down the line, I'd like to see them do Weezing and Muk too. I visualise Steel-Poison Megevos.: Weezing as its own noxious factory and Muk with an outflow pipe.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Generic General Pokemon Discussion   Generic General Pokemon Discussion - Page 3 EmptyWed 26 Nov 2014 - 21:57

Coupl'a Pokémon galleries.  First, giant monsters destroy Tokyo.  Second, realistic Pokémon make me think of that Monster Hunter crossover idea Jas is so keen on. The Gastly line is especially clever.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Generic General Pokemon Discussion   Generic General Pokemon Discussion - Page 3 EmptyWed 26 Nov 2014 - 23:34

I think I have to finally learn about natures and all that now as I've been finding Pokemon with the "rare moves" or some with decent natures (or so I think) like the Roselia I found recently
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Generic General Pokemon Discussion   Generic General Pokemon Discussion - Page 3 EmptySat 13 Dec 2014 - 12:40

Nintendo Life choose their ten most poorly designed Pokémon. I'd have more Megas and more gen. 4 Pokémon in there myself - no Palkia or Lopunny? And has Mega Tyranitar got stalactite-cancer or something?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Generic General Pokemon Discussion   Generic General Pokemon Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue 6 Jan 2015 - 11:58

What about a Pokemon game on a SEGA system
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Generic General Pokemon Discussion   Generic General Pokemon Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue 6 Jan 2015 - 14:17

I finally bothered to finish Pokémon Y last month. Dare I say I enjoyed it, yet thought it was bland as hell and the most linear thing I've ever played? Seriously, I know Pokémon games are linear, but this outing took the biscuit. And the gyms, for all their visual tricks, were shit.

Oh, and did I just fluke it, but did anyone else manage to catch Yveltal with half its energy bar full on one single Ultra Ball? One. Single. Ultra. Ball.

@Balla: Lord knows who devised that Nintendo Life list. How did Rotom, Luvdisc, Gastrodon and bloody Diggersby not make the cut? No personal beef with Tropius or Shroomish here. Shroomish is so cute!
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Generic General Pokemon Discussion   Generic General Pokemon Discussion - Page 3 EmptyWed 7 Jan 2015 - 8:17

Yvetal's catch rate is 45 putting it at the same difficulty as the average wild dragon type, rather than the catch rate of 3 that most legendary pokemon have.  To be honest I'm not opposed to the raising of the catch rate to avoid making catching legendary pokemon the chore it was before, but 45 is definitely too high, especially when they're now giving the player the o-powers on top of that.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Generic General Pokemon Discussion   Generic General Pokemon Discussion - Page 3 EmptyWed 7 Jan 2015 - 9:19

I liked XY, for all its linearity! Such pretty, much graphics.

I'm quite enamoured with Banansaur's design myself. My worst Pogeymons list, in 'Dex number order, reads something like:

Machoke
Jynx
Lopunny (gets the wooden spoon)
Palkia
Roggenrola
Quilladin
Diggersby
Binacle
Mega Manectric (although I actually have one in AS and it kicks AS, so I'm somewhat reconciled)
Mega Sharpedo

Remove Megas and you're looking at Plusle/Minun and Medicham in there too. I'm actually pretty keen on most of gen. 5's designs - gen. 6, not so much.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Generic General Pokemon Discussion   Generic General Pokemon Discussion - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Generic General Pokemon Discussion
Page 3 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next