Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc

Go down 
+9
The_Jaster
Balladeer
beemoh
Buskalilly
The Cappuccino Kid
Crumpy Andy
Cube
JayMoyles
masofdas
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 5 EmptyTue 16 Feb 2016 - 15:32

Certainly could have both and a SFV league wouldn't take long.

Also my Fighter ID is masofdas for SFV for anyone that picked up the game.

Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 5 EmptyTue 16 Feb 2016 - 15:47

I don'thave it yet but I will probably pick it up when I go to Insane's after the gym. Bounce
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 5 EmptyTue 16 Feb 2016 - 20:57

I did pick this up after the gym. My fighter ID is StarMuss, and I have absolutely no idea how I can "add" anyone.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 5 EmptyTue 16 Feb 2016 - 21:42

Go to the CFN the to favs then add by ID, you can do it there as well with a PSN but you need to type that in anyway that you may as well do Fighter ID instead.

I said in my preview that this system is a bit lame and reminds me of the Wii with friend codes for each game etc but also makes it easier for PC & PS4 mates to play with each other.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 5 EmptyTue 16 Feb 2016 - 22:15

I can't ever seem to bring any results up when I search via psn or fighter ID. Maybe the servers are borked at the moment? I'm getting logged out frequently .
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 5 EmptyTue 16 Feb 2016 - 22:18

Yeah I can't find either of you either.

I'm andyman949 obvs.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 5 EmptyTue 16 Feb 2016 - 22:44

Mayhaps the servers update every day or so and that's why we are not there yet,although Mas tweeted that his progress was reset so there could be server issues. I'm sure Capcom are on the case though.

I'm plodding though story mode for now and getting a feel for each character, this is my first Street Fighter game! So far I'm getting on well with Rashid.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 5 EmptyTue 16 Feb 2016 - 22:51

Just tried hopping online with Jay and we can't even seem to make rooms, so the servers are definitely just fucked...
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 5 EmptyWed 17 Feb 2016 - 0:13

Muss wrote:
I'm plodding though story mode for now and getting a feel for each character, this is my first Street Fighter game!

Really? Gosh! I'd have thought a gentleman of your calibre and sophistication would have at least played IV in some form. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 5 EmptyWed 17 Feb 2016 - 11:20

Well handhelds aside, I've always grown up with Sony consoles - it wasn't until the Wii that I finally got a Nintendo home console. As such, Tekken, has always been the beat em' up I picked up every console generation.

The only times I recall playing a street fighter game otherwise are once as a child on an N64, where the stretchy guy rinsed me, and once when Drunka brought his Wii to school and did some sort of psychology course work based on rigging Street Fighter contests.

I like how fast paced the action is in SFV so far. The movesets are much more streamlined than Tekken which is nice too because I feel like I'm picking things up fairly fast. I'm sure any SF veteran would still school me though.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 5 EmptyWed 17 Feb 2016 - 17:23

There were server issues and there was a update late last night / early this morning.

At the moment it's
Muss = StarMuss
masofdas =masofdas
Andy = andyman949

There's been a few Street Fighters on PlayStation including the awful EX, but I've never really been a fan of the series as always been a bit to slow for me but I am liking SFV though.

I just watched the new King of Fighters XIV trailer, it doesn't look good graphically but I hear XIII was really good that I'm hoping the gameplay is top-notch with XIV.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 5 EmptyWed 17 Feb 2016 - 17:50

This is a bit of a shambles Capcom, I still can't bring any of you guys up online - or even search for my own fighter ID.

I'd be cool with it, if the game launched with single player stuff but there's very little there. The placeholder "story" mode that we have for now until the summer update isn't great, and clearly the game has been designed to be played online or in local co-op at launch, but with the servers still kicking me out constantly and seemingly not updating this isn't a good start.

£45.99

I'm also not convinced that the Splatoon style feeding of regular content updates is going to work in a 2-D fighting game, might do a video/article on it tomorrow.

It's a real shame because the actual Street Fighting is really bloody good.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 5 EmptyWed 17 Feb 2016 - 21:26

I think the model will work, but unfortunately server issues have hamstrung this game's launch as its key component (the online fighting) which is its main feature at launch is totally crippled here. The story content so far works as an introduction to each character - to be honest, if you're buying a Street Fighter game for its single player content, you've bought the wrong game. But not being able to play with my mates is frustrating - I'll give it another bash tonight. Anyone about for it?
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 5 EmptyThu 18 Feb 2016 - 0:26

The problem with single player at the moment is only training mode offers the chance to vaguely simulate fighting another player. That mode is great for learning a moveset  and how to block, but it still doesn't really give a feel for how an actual fight would go because you can't set rounds and what have you (unless I am mistaken).

There just isn't a mode that lets you fight an opponent of your choosing, or even a simple endless arcade mode, to help the series new comer get a feel for things. If I had a pure arcade mode, without any of the survival shenanigans, that would have made a big difference.

Don't get me wrong, Survival is fun and all, but what with health carrying over and enhancements it isn't quite what I'm after.

Obviously multiplayer is what anyone purchasing SFV is ultimately  looking for, but when that's not working - or one just wants some casual offline practice - SFV hasn't got enough to offer at the moment.

Fortunately, it seems that Capcom have got a handle on the servers now and I've been able to have a good few matches online - largely lag free. I even won one of them Thumbs Up!

Edit - Oh cool, turns out I was mistaken. You can tailor training mode to being a bit like a standard versus match and set health bars for the dummy and player. That's made single player a ton better for me Grin I just made an assumption that training mode would function like a tekken game where you can't do that.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 5 EmptyThu 18 Feb 2016 - 10:17

I had a few games last night, one against Muss and a few against Andy is pretty good and beat me most times especially when I'm not playing Cammy.

Also I find weird looking at likes of Andy's player level which is 140 odd and mine is like 8 but has been 161 and player level is meant to be something to take a while to get high level at, that Capcom servers or whatever gets the EXP is all over the place.

And one point I was ranked 500th odd in the world and now I'm 27000 because of how it gave me such a high level so quickly.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 5 EmptyMon 7 Mar 2016 - 17:30

Well it seems Capcom was right and Sony did have to help fund SFV as it's flopped hard at both retail and digital where it didn't even make the Top 20 of European PSN.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 5 EmptySat 26 Mar 2016 - 17:48

So, as you guys might already know, we finally have a date dates for the March update

28th March: The Battle Lobby that can host more than 2 players launches, alongside Challenge Mode!

30th March: Alex joins the battle - for free (time limited), no virtual currency required! A nice gesture from Capcom for ballsing up the launch - aaand also for ballsing up their plans for the shop already.

Having played a solid amount of online play, and cleared story mode and survival on easy with every character, and on normal with Rashid, I've already got enough virtual characters for 2 and a half free characters (each char costs 100k), so it's not difficult to get the first few characters for free by just playing the game a bit, so that's not bad.

Hopefully those of us who have SFV will be up for some battle lobbying soon.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 5 EmptySat 26 Mar 2016 - 18:40

I should be game for some fighting next week. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 5 EmptySat 26 Mar 2016 - 18:41

I'll be up for a few games.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 5 EmptyMon 18 Jul 2016 - 12:04

Well SFV died didn't it, anyway KOFXIV has a demo coming tomorrow with 7 of the 50 characters playable including Mai.

Anyone else going to be checking it out?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 5 EmptyMon 18 Jul 2016 - 17:23

I wouldn't say SFV died after it's just been broadcast to millions on ESPN2 at a 5000+ entrant tournament. Laughing

And nah, I won't be playing KOF. To be honest, I'd like to get a few more games of SFV with you guys - random online matches don't feel the same.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 5 EmptyMon 18 Jul 2016 - 22:48

I traded mine in as I just couldn't bothered with I anymore, well KOFXIV is a free demo which I will give a bash as I've always preferred KOF to SF and if it's any good I mai pick it up.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 5 EmptyMon 18 Jul 2016 - 23:20

masofdas wrote:
and if it's any good I mai pick it up.

Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 5 4b79d-10

If there's a demo, I'll probably have a look. I'm not one for having multiple fighting games on the go at any one time though, and Street Fighter V will be my fighter of choice for now.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 5 EmptySun 24 Jul 2016 - 12:56

I played KOFXIV demo and I'm not very impressed by it that the next fighter I will be getting is Injustice 2 with added Blue Beetle along with a story mode which is going to focus a lot on Supergirl hence why Laura Bailey is voicing her.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 5 EmptyMon 25 Jul 2016 - 20:43

Thought I might put this here: Street Fighter Alpha 2, Street Fighter II Turbo and Super Street Fighter II all coming to 3DS VC on Thursday 28th July. If you buy two, you get the third one free. If memory serves, they did this for the Wii U too. I plumped for Alpha 2 that time so this time I'm up for Super Street Fighter II. Anyone else?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc
Page 5 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next