Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc

Go down 
+9
The_Jaster
Balladeer
beemoh
Buskalilly
The Cappuccino Kid
Crumpy Andy
Cube
JayMoyles
masofdas
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 8 EmptyWed 17 Jan 2018 - 15:59

It was cracker and could be something to play alongside MHW but if you're into Tekken 7, do you need two fighters on the go, not really. I may also wait as I would prefer having someone on my friends to play with.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 8 EmptyMon 29 Jan 2018 - 19:18

ZeroJones wrote:
Muss is, of course, right. Thumbs Up! Maybe I can reclaim the game and make it feminist? Extremely doubtful. Aww!

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/01/evo_japan_trailer_for_snk_heroines_turns_the_fan_service_up_to_eleven

Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 8 Good_luck_morgan_freeman
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 8 EmptyMon 29 Jan 2018 - 20:24

My understanding is that you can customise what the fighters are wearing. My aim - unless the whole thing should sink lower in my estimation - is to cover them up as much as possible.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 8 EmptySat 29 Sep 2018 - 20:53

I've still not got DBZ, might be one for the Christmas list now.

Didn't bother with SNK after reviews and watching some matches, it's something if I see for £15 then I may give it a bash.

Did play Tekken 7 on Xbox One due to a free weekend and was fine.

What I actually come on here to talk about is SCVI which I've just played some of the BETA and I have to say I liked even with the new systems. The only issue is a DLC character is playable which feels scummy.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 8 EmptySun 30 Sep 2018 - 0:17

DBZF will be going on my Christmas list too, I reckon!

As for SNK Heroines, from what I've seen it seems like it's much too far into the region of fan-service for my liking. The cutesy effects on the screen make it visually unappealing to me too.

Tekken 7 is about to be my new jam. I've played about four hours worth over the last two nights with my brother going random as I love to do in fighting games and learning the characters. There's something about the meatiness of each hit that feels so satisfying compared to other fighting games. The only thing I'm not too sure about just now is that the super moves seem way too easy to pull off. It means the matches feel centred around who can pull off that move as everybody gets one each round as there's no meter, it's based on health loss Having said that... it did allow me to pull me favourite combo yet in the game, as you can see here (I'm the Jin player, natch).

SCVI was fine and all, but it's one I'll be waiting on, I reckon. The matchmaking took longer than I'd have liked and I reckon it's one I'll get more out of in single player than anything else, which means I'm happy to wait for a price drop on it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 8 EmptySun 30 Sep 2018 - 11:06

I'm just going to put DBZ on the list and not put what format as I'm really not fussed on which one of the three I get it on as I would like to have on Switch if that's where you're getting it but could my uncle get me two games for the same price as that one if on PS4 or Xbox.

Yeah SNK does look very much fan-service but I did like Gal Fighters back in the day and a few of the characters that could see it be a laugh but has to be cheap.

Not really got anything to add to Tekken 7, thought it was okay and I played on Xbox One and wouldn't buy it on PS4 to play with ya.

I had no issues finding games on SCVI, just I found the new reversal thing took a while to figure out with a lack of tutorial but if you're not planning to get day one and waiting for a price drop, I'll likely get on Xbox One instead as the single player is also my main thing.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 8 EmptyTue 2 Oct 2018 - 20:35

Aye, I'd say it's now highly unlikely I'll be getting SCVI at launch considering that I've really got into T7 over the last few days. I even took my talents online and surprisingly did pretty well, which usually isn't the case when I go online with fighting games. I entered an eight man tournament and was the lowest rank by far, but I still managed to take fourth losing only to the 1st and 2nd finishing players, which felt respectable to me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 8 EmptyTue 2 Oct 2018 - 21:05

Well as I know two people getting on Xbox One and that's my preferred platform, I'm getting there on launch but will let you know how it is.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 8 EmptySun 2 Feb 2020 - 16:53

I'm picking up Street Fighter V again soon with the Champions Edition which has like 40 fighters & 200 costumes.

Any of you still play it or can still play it, if I'm about after the 14th? I think my girl Ibuki is meant to be rather good as well.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 8 EmptySun 9 Aug 2020 - 22:48

I spent an hour or two today playing Virtua Fighter 5. The Quest mode starts stupidly easy, but I can see it getting tricky as I progress. It's very meta, in that you go to "arcades" and battle opponents, to unlock costumes. It's less focused on the need to dress up your fighter than DOA is, but it is a nice touch and adds more character to what can be seemed one of the drier fighting games out there.

What struck me is how great the game looks, considering it was a 2006 arcade game and a launch title for the PS3. Every time a player lands on the floor, they dent the wood or concrete, which may be a standard thing now but impressed me nonetheless. What REALLY impressed me though, is that apparently Virtua Fighter 5 is in the last 3 Yakuza games. A whole last-gen title, is in a current-gen one. This blows my mind, as all the usual arcade games in Yakuza (and Shenmue before it) would be 15-year old arcade cabinet titles (*realises Virtua Fighter 5 is now a 15-year old arcade cabinet game*). Ok, but now I want to play the Yakuza games even more!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 8 EmptySun 9 Aug 2020 - 23:11

I remember VF5 being a big deal on PS3 as I believe if I remember correctly it's 1080p and one of the first games on PS360 which was.

On the old game in a new one (thought VF5 just in Yakuza 6 and Judgement) the one that gets me is NES games are in Animal Crossing, if you were to do that now with Animal Crossing New Horizons, you could have Animal Crossing in it as the same amount of time has passed.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 8 EmptyMon 10 Aug 2020 - 9:32

Yeah VF5 is in Like a Dragon as well.

I'd like to see Nintendo update New Horizons with Wave Race: Blue Storm in the summer, and then 1080 Avalanche in the winter.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 8 EmptyMon 10 Aug 2020 - 9:43

Ahh yeah we've not Like a Dragon yet, I might get that one on Series X as I didn't like the combat on 0 and with Like a Dragon being turned based I'm keen.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 8 EmptyFri 28 May 2021 - 16:14

So there's a remaster of Virtua Fighter 5 coming next week which I'll pick up - enjoyed my time with VF5 last year. It looks great and I'm impressed that they fed a 14-year-old game through the Yakuza 6/Kiwami 2 engine.

SEGA also released a nice historical catch up on the earlier Virtua Fighters, starting with this:

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 8 EmptyFri 28 May 2021 - 16:30

I will claim it as I still have Plus but won't be playing till whenever I get a PS5 and by then Guilty Gear Strive would be out.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 8 EmptyFri 28 May 2021 - 19:08

I'm really interested in trying this one out as the only VF I've properly played was 3TB on Dreamcast.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 8 EmptySun 30 May 2021 - 14:21

The_Jaster wrote:
I'm really interested in trying this one out as the only VF I've properly played was 3TB on Dreamcast.
I've sat here for a full minute wondering how on earth such a large install size worked on the Dreamcast.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 8 EmptyTue 1 Jun 2021 - 12:38

Jimbob wrote:
The_Jaster wrote:
I've sat here for a full minute wondering how on earth such a large install size worked on the Dreamcast.

Laughing
Imagine. A 3,000 disc game - one move on each disc. Having read some reviews for this, it's clear SEGA have messed up their marketing. It's called Virtua Fighter eSports in Japan, but Ultimate Edition in the West. The problem is, there's nothing here for the offline player (which I am) - they removed the excellent Quest mode and it's purely aimed at the online competitive scene. This is a series that needs as much of an audience as possible, but it appears to be focusing on the hardcore fighting game fan. At £24.99, even if it does have an Arcade mode, it's nonetheless disappointing and a misjudgment calling it the Ultimate Edition considering it is missing modes from the 15-year old original.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 8 EmptyTue 1 Jun 2021 - 13:07

Till reading that, I wouldn't have said VF5 had quest mode, would had said just arcade modes unless that's true for the digital version on 360 etc

Seeing VF5UE is on Plus and Now at launch, I'm fine with it.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 8 EmptyFri 24 Feb 2023 - 13:35

Is this the year of the fighting game? I say this as we had a State of Play last night, which was meh, though Street Fighter 6 again looked great and right after it was announced Mortal Kombat 12 is coming.

Meaning we have Street Fighter 6 in June which I will say I'm keen on as it looks good and seems to have plenty of modes including one where you're out fighting on the streets in some sort of story mode.

Mortal Kombat 12, all we know it's coming this year from a WB financial report, though could that mean April 2023 to March 2024. Even if next year or whatever, I've always been a big MK fan, and they've done the best story modes in fighting games imo.

Tekken 8, don't think this has a date, but we seem to be getting a new character trailer every week or so. Out of these three would be the one I'm least keen on as don't think we've had a proper story mode in a Tekken game (I know we've had some weird things that have a story) that for me, if just fighting online etc can't see me getting to into it.

Granblue Fantasy: Versus Rising, this is the Arc fighter for the year (Well ports of Strive) and I liked what I played of Granblue Fantasy: Versus a few months ago with its RPG mode. I can see only me on the forum picking it up, where I could see Andy & Jay going for SF6 where have SP & MP in that.

Then others like God of Rock, Naruto X Boruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Connections, Blazing Strike and Pocket Bravery
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 8 EmptyFri 24 Feb 2023 - 13:53

It definitely feels like a fighting game resurgence in the last few years, doesn't it? It's only ramping up in the coming years as well with stuff like the Capcom cup prize pool being $2 million (winner gets $1 million) which is just crazy!

As for the games themselves the three I'm looking forward to are Street Fighter 6, Tekken 8 & Garou 2: Mark of the wolves. (last one is sadly probably a good few years away)
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 8 EmptySun 26 Feb 2023 - 8:49

I just assumed it was time for the next installment as opposed to a resurgence, but what do I know?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 8 EmptyMon 27 Feb 2023 - 15:14

Think it's bit both as Tekken 7 was 6 years ago on console (that seems a long time) and would think the others about the same, just all coming at once, and you think can't help sales etc where I don't know SF6 in 22, T8 in 23 and MK12 in 24 might have helped them all.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 8 EmptyMon 27 Feb 2023 - 15:24

I guess it's just as much getting a foothold in the next gen though. These games tend to last a long while and they have pretty dedicated audiences, so sure the casual market might suffer slightly, but the die hards will be pumping plenty of cash in I'm sure. Plus they always release XL/Super/Ultimate versions too, so they get an extra push then.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 8 EmptyMon 27 Feb 2023 - 15:34

Yeah, I fall a tad into the casual here, sure I'll get SF6 in June but if T8 & MK12 are like Sep & Oct then I'm only getting one, and it be MK12.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next