Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc

Go down 
+9
The_Jaster
Balladeer
beemoh
Buskalilly
The Cappuccino Kid
Crumpy Andy
Cube
JayMoyles
masofdas
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 3 EmptyFri 6 Nov 2015 - 23:34

I did that with the first couple of Tekkens, and of course Street Fighter II. Nowadays you're looking at 40-odd characters, though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 3 EmptySat 7 Nov 2015 - 3:02

masofdas wrote:
But as Cammy is in it who else do you need to play as, the answer no one.

Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 3 Rufus-Showing-Off-His-Fat

Anyhow on a series note Chun-li > Cammy.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 3 EmptySat 7 Nov 2015 - 8:23

The shifting characters in Injustice was good fun, though I do prefer the Street Fighter approach of telling one individual's story at a time. Just. Winky Face

And mas, if I ever get my hands on SFV, it'll be Ryu first. Grin
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 3 EmptySat 7 Nov 2015 - 9:30

@Drunka there was a point like that but now fighters have less characters SFV has 16 plus the 6 DLC, MKX has 29 including the DLC ones.

I do like the round 25 characters as then there plenty and all should diffenrt as something like Tekken Tag 2 must have 50 charters but 25 are clones.

Chun-li is good but always preferred playing as Cammy but knowing one of the DLC characters if true I'll be playing as X who has been Top Tier in most games that X has been in.

Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 3 EmptySun 8 Nov 2015 - 9:41

The_Jaster wrote:
masofdas wrote:
But as Cammy is in it who else do you need to play as, the answer no one.

Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 3 Rufus-Showing-Off-His-Fat

Anyhow on a series note Chun-li > Cammy.

Yeah! Original 8 or no-one!

(But seriously, I have trouble learning how to learn the workings of any of the characters after the first SFII - I'm aware that's my failing as a human being)
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 3 EmptySun 8 Nov 2015 - 17:49

Anyone else getting this beast of a fight pad?

Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 3 29_newmcz01
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 3 EmptySun 8 Nov 2015 - 17:51

That looks cool as but I don't play fighters enough to justify buying a controller that works better with the odd game unless cheap which they rarely are.

Last edited by masofdas on Sun 8 Nov 2015 - 18:15; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 3 EmptySun 8 Nov 2015 - 18:12

I just want to try and get into SF more than I have in the past & I also don't want to wreck the only ps4 controller I currently have.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 3 EmptySun 8 Nov 2015 - 18:20

ZeroJones wrote:
it'll be Ryu first. Grin
Of course. Has to be done.

The_Jaster wrote:
I just want to try and get into SF more than I have in the past & I also don't want to wreck the only ps4 controller I currently have.
I've tried so many times; even got a fight stick on PS3! I don't have enough real-world friends who want to get into it casually and the learning curve for playing against people who are into it is more of a brick wall.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 3 EmptySun 8 Nov 2015 - 18:28

What Drunka said is one of the reasons I'm still a little iffy on SFV as the likes of MKX & Injustice due to there story modes you don't need to learn how to play it against people online who will beat with ease.

But hey maybe SFV will have a story or February is a barren month that I can justify picking it up.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 3 EmptySun 8 Nov 2015 - 18:41

Drunkalilly wrote:
ZeroJones wrote:
it'll be Ryu first. Grin

Glad you agree! Grin There's only a small number of characters from the SF legacy that I'm actually comfortable playing as - anyone whose moves need charging can get tae fudge, for a start.

And I've never wanted a fight stick, either. A joystick never feels comfortable to me with that many buttons. [/fightgamegrump]
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 3 EmptySun 8 Nov 2015 - 19:02

I think having a good bunch of people to play with online really improves a fighting game. I spent so much time playing SFIV with folks from the ol' ship NGamer, and I'd love to be able to do so again with folks from here with SFV.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 3 EmptySun 8 Nov 2015 - 19:42

Charge moves, and the SHORYUKEN are a lot more comfortable with a stick than a pad.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 3 EmptySun 8 Nov 2015 - 20:17

I've got the fight stick for Dreamcast which is meant to be a really great stick (see it customed to work with other things) but I've used it a few times with games and I just can't do anything with it, same in arcades.

But a good D-Pad, I'm okay with and really I should own one of the ones for the Dreamcast seeing the system is full of fighters.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 3 EmptySun 8 Nov 2015 - 21:21

Drunkalilly wrote:
ZeroJones wrote:
it'll be Ryu first. Grin

The_Jaster wrote:
I've tried so many times; even got a fight stick on PS3! I don't have enough real-world friends who want to get into it casually and the learning curve for playing against people who are into it is more of a brick wall.

I think you need a ps4 Winky Face and we could set up regular GNamer casual tournaments.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 3 EmptySun 8 Nov 2015 - 21:32

Good thing about SFV it's cross platform, also I hope it's got the winner stays on modes that other fighters have had if you play with mates.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 3 EmptySun 8 Nov 2015 - 22:22

Drunkalilly wrote:
Charge moves, and the SHORYUKEN are a lot more comfortable with a stick than a pad.

My opinion is different from your opinion. One of the reasons I fell for console gaming in the first place was the fact that I didn't have to operate things with a joystick - the D-pad just felt more right. It's still the case. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 3 EmptyMon 9 Nov 2015 - 2:11

masofdas wrote:
Good thing about SFV it's cross platform, also I hope it's got the winner stays on modes that other fighters have had if you play with mates.

Ahh I had no idea it was cross platform, that's ace!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 3 EmptyMon 9 Nov 2015 - 7:56

Yeah so long as Drunkas laptop can run it then he can join.

Or maybe he & muss will do what me & my cousin used to and switch over systems with each other.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 3 EmptySat 26 Dec 2015 - 8:49

BETA 3.0 was last week and I did try & get Andy & Jay in as well but with no luck also I couldn't seem to find any games.

All I played was the training story at the start and then I loaded up training, I tried Laura in that being a new character and she seems decent enough. Since then I've seen some vids of people using her, very well.

On the little, I have played, Jas I think is right to look at a fight pad as even from the BETA which I could barely play everything seems well thought out. That I could get tight into it and a proper fight pad may help, just a shame those ones Jas has shown are sold-out.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 3 EmptySat 26 Dec 2015 - 13:32

I played SFIV with the 360 pad and got on fine, so a fight pad isn't essential to enjoy Street Fighter.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 3 EmptySat 26 Dec 2015 - 17:20

TBH I expected those fight pads to be more than £50 so no wonder they have been snapped up.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 3 EmptySat 26 Dec 2015 - 17:49

I just found using the R button for high kick & punch a bit awkward, but would get used to it but if I do see those pads or another similar one, I may pick up and it might enhance my enjoyment of the game.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 3 EmptyWed 27 Jan 2016 - 16:36

EVO have released their game line-up for their tournament this year. http://shoryuken.com/2016/01/26/evo-2016-lineup-revealed-street-fighter-smash-guilty-gear-pokken-and-more/

The line-up is:

Street Fighter V
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
Guilty Gear Xrd
Killer Instinct
Mortal Kombat X
Pokken
Tekken 7
Marvel vs Capcom 3
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 3 EmptyThu 28 Jan 2016 - 9:53

I wonder how the fighting community will take to Pokken as it's so different to a normal fighter and most don't like DOA because of it's triangle mechanics that Pokken maybe looked down on but I say this and SMASH is there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc   Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fighters, DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, BlazBlue etc
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next