We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome

Go down 
+28
Athrun888
Rum
Gwyn400
Crumpy Andy
nupkin
awesomedude
Buskalilly
Santa Claus
The Cappuccino Kid
SuperPaperLink
Jimbob
ShadoWolf
wenywoowoo
NintenDUCK
Vidofnir
beemoh
ZeroJones
Dusty Knackers
spacemanDOUG
Treesmurf
JayMoyles
Admin
shanks
mandlecreed
The_Jaster
Fancy Fancy
Balladeer
fronkhead
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome   Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome - Page 30 EmptyTue 10 Jan 2023 - 9:57

Taki's look like they'd be right up my alley. What isn't up my alley is the horrific branding of "jonuts".
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome   Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome - Page 30 EmptyWed 11 Jan 2023 - 10:47

That Jonut is shocking. You can't mess with perfection!
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome   Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome - Page 30 EmptyFri 13 Jan 2023 - 17:57

Chuffed that the Snack Reviews thread is back, it’s the automatic Topic of the Year 2023. Where did you get those Takis Fuegos? I’ve never seen them before.

~

Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome - Page 30 640x640

What is it? – Who doesn’t know what Cheddars are? They’re God’s favourite cheese snack biscuit, generously garnished with a spicy and peppery powder.

Are they good? – They’re absolutely fantastic. I loved the chargrilled oakiness that you get off of paprika, but sometimes the heat spoils that taste a bit. Not in this case though, you’re just taking the addictiveness of Cheddars and adding the moreishness of a woody paprika flavour. It’s like when Newcastle had Demba Ba and Papiss Cisse up front together. It’s a sensational combination.

“Oh no...”

Do I recommend them? – You’re damn right. These were in stock with all the other Christmas and party food throughout the last few months of 2022, but after New Year the local supermarkets were reducing them to clear from £2. I last saw them at 50p in Tesco, but I heard they’re now 20p for a tub in Sainsburys. I’d leave the house right now to get a few tubs if I were you  - it doesn’t matter if you’re far away, or even if you’re dressed – GO GO GO!!!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome   Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome - Page 30 EmptyFri 13 Jan 2023 - 20:43

Can you ever get bad mini chedders? Nice write up. Thumbs Up!

Cappa wrote:

Chuffed that the Snack Reviews thread is back, it’s the automatic Topic of the Year 2023. Where did you get those Takis Fuegos? I’ve never seen them before.

Just at my local Londis but surely some supermarkets will have them as well.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome   Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome - Page 30 EmptyFri 13 Jan 2023 - 22:04

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
Chuffed that the Snack Reviews thread is back, it’s the automatic Topic of the Year 2023.

This, and we've started off with some quality offerings too (and also those cursed Jaffa Cake abominations - burn them in Fuego).
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome   Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome - Page 30 EmptyFri 26 Jan 2024 - 19:09

Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome - Page 30 20231210

Quickfire Mini-Reviews

Whisky Flavoured Tablet - I'm not a big whiskey fan at all.  I can just about drink bourbon in mixer and not pull a face.  This was a welcome surprise, then: the bitterness of the whiskey offsets the sweetness of the tablet and comes up with a thoroughly decent result, even for a whiskey sceptic. B-
Vanilla Macaroon - I'm not a big coconut fan either.  This had no right to be as good as it was.  No right I say.  And yet, it didn't taste a lot of coconut: it tasted a lot of vanilla and chocolate.  Big fan.  A+
Gaelic Coffee Flavoured Fudge - The coffee taste is quite light, so this is pretty close to a traditional fudge with a small kick to it.  In the same way I'm grateful that the tablet didn't go too hard on the whiskey, this gets the balance right.  B+
Fluffy Squirtle, GNamer CD - Not recommended as snacks.  The cardboard should be edible at least.  E-
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome   Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome - Page 30 EmptySat 27 Jan 2024 - 9:16

Those coffee and Whiskey fudges sound well good from your descriptions.

The_Jaster wrote:

Takis Fuego - I've been meaning to do this one for a while now.

What is it? - A chilli and lime flavour fried corn snack.

Are they good? - Aye, they're dangerously good as they have that moreish quality to them.

Mercy's a big fan of these, so I've had them quite a few times now - basically whenever we're in contact with someone coming from Mexico.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome   Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome - Page 30 EmptySun 28 Jan 2024 - 18:59

Noice! I had a pack recently & either they've upped the flavour in general or I got a bag that was hit with Chilli & lime flavour-bomb. The lime especially was more noticeable.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome   Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome - Page 30 EmptyTue 30 Jan 2024 - 6:53

But was it lime or lemon? They're named the other way around in Mexico.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome   Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome - Page 30 EmptyThu 1 Feb 2024 - 1:05

Oh really? I didn't know that & yeh it was definitely lime.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome   Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome - Page 30 Empty

Back to top Go down

Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome
Page 30 of 30Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30