We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GAMING NEWS PART DEUX

Go down 
+20
NintenDUCK
Admin
oldschool
Treesmurf
shanks
Vidofnir
Crumpy Andy
fronkhead
Athrun888
Jimbob
The Cappuccino Kid
Buskalilly
ZeroJones
beemoh
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
Rum
Balladeer
Axis1500
masofdas
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 2 EmptyWed 25 Jun 2014 - 8:29

Rum Rapture wrote:
masofdas wrote:
You did say it Jas in part 1 of the news.  But Nintendo shouldn't have to rely on one system selling well if the other doesn't.

You might have already answered this, but what if they only had one system and that didn't sell well - and they didn't have a buffer from a successful second console?

That would be my issue with the idea. Nintendo are looking to introduce the QoL platform as a "third pillar", so they clearly want more products to sell. That's the exact opposite of what is being suggested. Shocked
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 2 EmptyWed 25 Jun 2014 - 10:05

Or just QOL & the fusion games system thing, surely three would spread there selves to thinly.

But to some news as I'm bored of saying why I think there should be one console & why it makes sense and most of you are bored of saying why they shouldn't etc. But if they do do only one system I bet you all buy it and if they do two systems like a 3DS2 in 2016 & a Wii U2 in 2017 will I buy both yes.

Jay's fav thing is happening there's a GOTY type edition of Batman Arkham Origins coming also Saints Row IV is getting the same treatment according to Amazon Germany & Gamestop.

Another current gen HD collection has got a launch date of the 29th of August for any Metro fans.

Rift of Oculus fame have bought Carbon Design the firm behind the 360 controller design. It's a decent controller the 360 one, so could be a good move.

Tecmo Koei becomes Koei Tecmo in the EU, for some reason.

Ryse 2 was cancelled at Crytek and work on multiple projects and failed to pay some staff, according to claims published in a new report. I did hear a rumour MS are looking to buy Crytek.

Amazon France are at it again by leaking the Last of Us Remastered PS4 console bundle.

NA are getting the Wave Blue DualShock 4, I've had mine since launch.

More details on the Arkham Knight PS4 stuff, sounds like scarecrow is PS4 only.

Also the big news NG:DEV.TEAM have announced Razion a new game coming for the Dreamcast which be a port of there Neo Geo version which is dated as Fall 2014. Here's a Trailer.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 2 EmptyWed 25 Jun 2014 - 10:34

masofdas wrote:

Jay's fav thing is happening there's a GOTY type edition of Batman Arkham Origins coming also Saints Row IV is getting the same treatment according to Amazon Germany & Gamestop.

Eh, don't mind it when it's being released on the same console with all the DLC included, as Saints Row appears to be doing. It's when it's a port to next-gen of games less than two to three years old - that's what pisses me off.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 2 EmptyWed 25 Jun 2014 - 10:40

You mean current gen now, I thought you weren't a fan of the arkham city's GOTY edition. The one with a little bit of writing on the front cover.

Friend & Foe studios co-founded by Two former The Last Guardian artists have shown some stuff of there first game called Vane which is being described as Journey X Shadow of the Colossus. Sounds good to me, so far it's only confirmed for PC but consoles are likely.

Activsion can't make up it's mind how long the Destiny timed exclusive content is for playstation as it was listed till Dec 2015 but now it's just timed.

The DEV team behind the PS4 are pleased the Xbox One has dropped in price as it's good for gamers and keeps sony & others on there toes if there's better competition.

Homefront Revolution has been put in doubt with all the going ons at crytek.

Tobecome who's not posted on here for a while has bought a Wii U, which is always good news.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 2 EmptyWed 25 Jun 2014 - 19:08

masofdas wrote:
But if they do do only one system I bet you all buy it and if they do two systems like a 3DS2 in 2016 & a Wii U2 in 2017 will I buy both yes.

As much as I love Nintendo for the games it makes it still wouldn't be a blind purchase like you seem to suggest, I'd either have to like the look of the games coming up for the hypothetical hybrid or play a demo unit of it to see if it was worth a purchase.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 2 EmptyWed 25 Jun 2014 - 19:11

masofdas wrote:
a Wii U2 in 2017

To be honest, thinking that far ahead gives me Vertigo.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 2 EmptyWed 25 Jun 2014 - 19:18

Magnificent Pun there.
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 2 EmptyFri 27 Jun 2014 - 23:24

Not sure where to put this but since E3, NoA have released a lot of Nintendo Minute Youtube videos. This seems to be a partial replacement for the Directs. The latest one features June eShop games - Shovel Knight, Pushmo World, Scram Kitty, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EiDXIz2Ksw

Should there be a new thread about these? There's been 3 since E3 and I wasn't really paying attention until now. I find the developer discussions really interesting. They almost seem to be covering the ground Iwata Asks used to cover, as well as being a continuation of the successful Treehouse Live style.

Random example. A Chat with the Retro City Rampage devs - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeYEjOOtTsI

You can find all 47 videos here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2JiZAV5BmDUhscQQ5oXsXaJhI-aT25r8

Last edited by Axis1500 on Fri 27 Jun 2014 - 23:41; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 2 EmptyFri 27 Jun 2014 - 23:33

Maybe a Nintendo Minute Thread or some sort of video thread as Sony has done similar things.

Also you put Shovel Knight twice.
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 2 EmptyFri 27 Jun 2014 - 23:35

masofdas wrote:
Maybe a Nintendo Minute Thread or some sort of video thread as Sony has done similar things.

Also you put Shovel Knight twice.

That's because its on 3DS and Wii U Grin
(No, it was a mistake. I fixed it.)
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 2 EmptySat 28 Jun 2014 - 0:50

masofdas wrote:
You mean current gen now, I thought you weren't a fan of the arkham city's GOTY edition. The one with a little bit of writing on the front cover.

Nah, never said that - I just posted that parody cover one time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 2 EmptySat 28 Jun 2014 - 9:04

Axis1500 wrote:
Not sure where to put this but since E3, NoA have released a lot of Nintendo Minute Youtube videos. This seems to be a partial replacement for the Directs. The latest one features June eShop games - Shovel Knight, Pushmo World, Scram Kitty, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EiDXIz2Ksw

Should there be a new thread about these? There's been 3 since E3 and I wasn't really paying attention until now. I find the developer discussions really interesting. They almost seem to be covering the ground Iwata Asks used to cover, as well as being a continuation of the successful Treehouse Live style.

Random example. A Chat with the Retro City Rampage devs - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeYEjOOtTsI

You can find all 47 videos here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2JiZAV5BmDUhscQQ5oXsXaJhI-aT25r8

The Nintendo minutes have always followed a similar format though, so I don't think its a direct replacement for Iwata asks in fact that could be one reason why their E3 was the way it was in the first place.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 2 EmptyMon 30 Jun 2014 - 15:01

So news from NL that one of this weeks eShop titles is kinda cross-buy. If you buy the 3DS version you get the Wii U version for free, but not the other way around and it's just this one game. But it's a start.
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 2 EmptyTue 1 Jul 2014 - 0:50

Two news items that don't deserve their own post.

Yoshida has apologised for the Powers segment during Sony's E3 conference.

http://www.gamereactor.eu/news/203784/Powers+part+of+Sony+E3+conference+was+%22a+mistake%22+says+Yoshida/

Personally, I thought there was a lot more wrong with it than that.

The Ouya now has an all-you-can-eat scheme. $60 a year for all games. But apparently, they haven't bothered to inform the developers first and there's an understandable backlash.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=846968&highlight=ouya
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 2 EmptyTue 1 Jul 2014 - 9:22

Yeah the powers part was muh, so was the YouTube app etc. But they actually showed the most gameplay out of them and Microsoft.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 2 EmptyTue 1 Jul 2014 - 13:14

EA is dropping support for dedicated handhelds, will concentrate on smartphones. Oh no! Whatever will we do without them?

Appreciate NL's choice of picture too.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 2 EmptyTue 1 Jul 2014 - 18:05

Oh man, really? What if I want to play an inadequate port of a licensed sports game on the bus? WHAT THEN?
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 2 EmptyTue 1 Jul 2014 - 18:07

Don't worry you can get FIFA 15.
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 2 EmptyTue 1 Jul 2014 - 20:16

Shocking news! Iwata's shareholder approval rating has increased since last year to 80%.
I guess that's a big tick for my "Iwata won't be fired!" prediction.

A lot of sites are pointing out that Miyamoto's approval has dropped but he's still at 85% so...  Whistle 
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 2 EmptyTue 1 Jul 2014 - 20:20

Iwata still wouldn't qualify for an N64 Star Award, though.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 2 EmptyTue 1 Jul 2014 - 20:28

Shigsy hasn't personally done much since pikmin. I bet his approval will skyrocket when Starfox drops.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 2 EmptyWed 2 Jul 2014 - 15:45

Have you ever though, "There isn't enough sexist twattery in gaming. We need more"?

Wish granted!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 2 EmptyWed 2 Jul 2014 - 16:37

Yeah in football makes sense it's not mixed due to physicalness of it. But thing's like this which is skilled based makes no sense but thinking a lot of sports that are more skill based such as darts it's rare a female plays with males can only think of one.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 2 EmptyThu 3 Jul 2014 - 9:33

Power to the people!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 2 EmptyThu 3 Jul 2014 - 17:44

Recently approximately 45 industry "professionals" contributed to a countdown off top 100 things in tech, with chief technology officers from various high-profile studios, indie developers, and more invited to vote on the list.

The PS4 was the highest console with the VITA being last. The highest bit of tech of the raspberry PI with highest gaming tech being Unreal Engine 4.

Airtight Games of Murdered: Soul Suspect has closed there doors.

Sony doesn't get why people don't like Indies, article & interview with yoshida, I just saw a tweet about this Official EU playstation tweeted about Titan Souls, one of the people I followed put yay another indie in a sarcastic manner. Myself I love a indie as you can tell if you watched my most anticipated PS4 games, as they can try new things that you can't with a AAA title and now with no real B level games like you had these filll the cap.

On equal rights in gaming, Dragon Age: Inquisition will have a openly gay male party member, I'm not going to link to the sites news due to comments on it. This also makes companies like Ubisoft look like twats about having no female character as it cost to much time, money and be to riskyy yet bioware can do that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

GAMING NEWS PART DEUX
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next