Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GAMING NEWS PART DEUX

Go down 
+20
NintenDUCK
Admin
oldschool
Treesmurf
shanks
Vidofnir
Crumpy Andy
fronkhead
Athrun888
Jimbob
The Cappuccino Kid
Buskalilly
ZeroJones
beemoh
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
Rum
Balladeer
Axis1500
masofdas
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 3 EmptyThu 3 Jul 2014 - 19:22

Nintendo Investor Q+A is now in English.

Includes some interesting stats regarding Nintendo's E3.

Quote :
The “Nintendo Digital Event,” which we broadcast on the morning of the first day of E3, was viewed 4 to 5 million times, and the total views of our E3-related videos numbered in the tens of millions. This means that our messages reached a large number of people all over the world through the Internet, not only the people who attended E3 events.

Quote :
For example, at E3 this year, we were able to obtain more page views on our website while considerably reducing our E3-related costs.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/stock/meeting/140627qa/index.html
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 3 EmptyThu 3 Jul 2014 - 19:27

I hate to be "that person", but those numbers on their own are relatively meaningless. Any idea what Sony and MS' views were, across all streams? Is there even a way to measure that?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 3 EmptyThu 3 Jul 2014 - 19:32

I know when I was watching all three/four twitch streams at the same time Nintendo had the most viewers with the Microsoft stream in last but they were showing some weird indie stuff. Even to weird for me, and I love those indies.
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 3 EmptyThu 3 Jul 2014 - 20:59

Looks like we know who got the axe from CVG. Gavin Murphy, who used to be in charge of the Nintendo TV section on the Wii.....  Crying or Very sad 

https://twitter.com/cymrogav/status/484705384436101120

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/470297/blog/the-real-games-journalist-how-to-deal-with-youtube-trolls/

Last edited by Axis1500 on Thu 3 Jul 2014 - 21:35; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 3 EmptyThu 3 Jul 2014 - 21:11

Got to 1:08 in that video and closed the window. How long did everyone else last?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 3 EmptyThu 3 Jul 2014 - 21:56

Saw your comment.  Wanted to watch the video through to the end, to show my support (Gav's been great on the podcast and so on).  Turned off slightly before you did.  (I did watch most of the rest later, in a rallying attempt - he does at least deliver a killer last line.)

Shame that he has to leave - he's done some good stuff for both sites. Aww! Although goodness knows his Twitter photo. screams "bit of a berk".
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 3 EmptyThu 3 Jul 2014 - 22:23

Watched it all first go, thought it was funny. It was the first think I've seen of his though.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 3 EmptyFri 4 Jul 2014 - 1:19

I watched the full video despite the title hitting a lot of buttons that would cause me to switch off.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 3 EmptyFri 4 Jul 2014 - 2:09

cvg? booooooooo & hissssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!  Razz 
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 3 EmptyFri 4 Jul 2014 - 16:52

Just watched all of Gav's video. Had no issue with it.
Shame to see him go, he did always seem like a laugh on podcasts etc. Hope he does well wherever he moves onto.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 3 EmptyFri 4 Jul 2014 - 23:51

Cliffy B of Gears of War and Jack Jazzrabbit fame has founded a new studio with one of the founders of Guerrilla games, The Studio is called Boss Key and they will announcing something on Tuesday.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 3 EmptySat 5 Jul 2014 - 9:31

It is a shame to see Gav go as he actually knows how to make video content like a grown up; I also worry about cost-cutting through redundancy - spreading workloads too thin is a like a ticking time bomb for a company (anyone waiting for their passport at the moment?)

I will say though, that he's not quite as funny as perhaps... I'm all for a bit of banter, but it did get a bit tiresome on the ONM Podcast to essentially hear "Matthew you're rubbish" every 5 seconds.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 3 EmptyTue 8 Jul 2014 - 14:15

The Sun is a bastion of journalistic integrity yet again.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 3 EmptyTue 8 Jul 2014 - 15:06

Good Old Sun

On to some News, Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel might be coming to PS4, not sure about One but guess it would. Originally and currently is last gen only due to small install base of the current gen systems but if recent month's games sales are to go by current gen is where you need your game to be. 2K are looking into it.

A Swiss online retail has listed Beyond: Two Souls PS4 definitive edition.

From Software are Targeting a early like Q1 2015 release for Bloodborne.

If you did have any hope of seeing Bioshock on VITA, well sorry to say this but it's not happening.

Until Dawn which was a PS3 exclusive survival horror that used the move controller in various ways like undressing a female character, hasn't been heard about for ages has recently been re-trademarked in the US. There was rumours that it became a Morpheus title a while back.

Talking about Gearbox and 2K, they announced yesterday Battleborn which looks like a futuristic fantasy co-op shooter thing for current gen, here's a trailer.

Cliffy B has announced what his new game it's BlueStreak a F2P Arena Shooter, nothing has been shown yet.

Lords of the Fallen has been given a launch date of Oct 31st , it has been describe as a souls game for current gen.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 3 EmptyWed 9 Jul 2014 - 21:16

Just... stop talking, EA.
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 3 EmptyThu 10 Jul 2014 - 1:38

I heard from Beemoh / Fronk on Skype (yes, the Nintendo Digital Event chat is still going) that Gav Murphy is now involved with the Eurogamer Expo.

In other news, its EVO this weekend. I'm not too into fightan games so I'm pretty meh, but Nintendo are sponsoring, so there's bound to be a Smash new character announcement or two.

Here's the times in PT.

GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 3 Br9OQcUCAAA452z

I can't be bothered to make a proper schedule, but adding 8, each day starts at 4pm and continues through to 6am next day our time. That means that the "Announcements" will be at 11:00-11:30pm on Sunday and 1:30-2:00am on Monday UK time. (I think the earlier one is most likely for new Smash info, as it occurs immediately after the Melee final ends.)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 3 EmptyThu 10 Jul 2014 - 9:17

I think there's a proper EVO thread after lasts year's were not allowing smash ohh we are and there's a fighter thread, I don't know if anyone will be watching it and posting in there about it all.

Ohh EA.

Sony are looking into a uncharted collection for the PS4 but don't want to flood the market with remakes/reboots/ports etc, but I wouldn't be surprised this comes out just be number 4 though.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 3 EmptyThu 10 Jul 2014 - 19:32

Another quote on the EA story above, from this CVG article:

Quote :
Gibeau said EA needs to be "as good as Supercell, King, Gungho, or some of these other companies at sustained live services for long periods of time" to compete in the mobile space.

GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 3 First%2Blaw%2Bof%2Bholes
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 3 EmptyThu 10 Jul 2014 - 21:20

So GDC Europe did a survey with over 400 studios, with 65% currently making games for smartphones/tablets with the highest console being the PS4 at seems like a measly 18%. But 33% are planning to bring games to the PS4 in the future.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 3 EmptyFri 11 Jul 2014 - 12:21

In news that will please atlus and persona fans, atlus usa has announced that the sequel to persona 4 arena, ultimax will be region free.  Yay, no more indefinite wait this time!   Grin
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 3 EmptyFri 11 Jul 2014 - 22:52

Sorry but CVG have only just posted news about uncharted collection today, I posted it yesterday. I do use them for news quite a bit but it does look bad if I can find and post stuff before them.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 3 EmptyFri 11 Jul 2014 - 23:24

Athrun888 wrote:
In news that will please atlus and persona fans, atlus usa has announced that the sequel to persona 4 arena, ultimax will be region free.  Yay, no more indefinite wait this time!   Grin

It's depressing that we have to resort to this, though, when it really is a second best solution.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 3 EmptySat 12 Jul 2014 - 12:28

Agreed, atlus really should just release their games here properly and promptly in the first place. They may not have a actual branch in the eu as of now but there is absolutely no logical reason they shouldn't when every other major jrpg publisher deals with the uk and pal region in general. It's infuriating to see them instead frequently outright get in the way of their own games coming out here, but at least this time they aren't.
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 3 EmptySun 13 Jul 2014 - 22:47

Seems that an AMD executive is hinting about a deal for the 3DS successor. (4DS? 3DSNext?)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=854467&highlight=amd
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 3 EmptyMon 14 Jul 2014 - 11:00

The Angry Video Game Nerd Adventures is coming to the Wii U and 3DS, in both NA & EU (we will have to wait a bit longer). Currently the game is on STEAM, if you really want to play it.

Shuhei Yoshida who owns TWO Wii U's have praised Nintendo again with this statement:
I was very happy to get a very positive reaction when we announced LittleBigPlanet 3. We are concerned a little bit when we work on a game like LittleBigPlanet 3, about how people will react, because people want those big-budget, realistic, military shooters. But there were lots of cheers, a lot of affection.

And the reaction to Nintendo's games in general, or a game like Splatoon. If you look at the whole industry, and you consider Nintendo, I think the balance is actually better than past years.

Tekken 7 image was leaked through EVO & IGN, which seems to tie in to it's 20th anniversary.

We have a European Champion at EVO Louffy from France won the USFIV tournament with Rose. He's the European to win a tournament at EVO.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

GAMING NEWS PART DEUX
Page 3 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next