We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GAMING NEWS PART DEUX

Go down 
+20
NintenDUCK
Admin
oldschool
Treesmurf
shanks
Vidofnir
Crumpy Andy
fronkhead
Athrun888
Jimbob
The Cappuccino Kid
Buskalilly
ZeroJones
beemoh
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
Rum
Balladeer
Axis1500
masofdas
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 13 EmptyTue 25 Nov 2014 - 11:19

Mario Kart 8 has won a GOTY award the Kids BAFTA's award.

Irrational Games are rehiring but I doubt anything they do will come to close to Bioshock.

With the PS4&ONE version now out GTAV has become the best selling game of all time in the UK.

Here's the Chart
1. GRAND THEFT AUTO V
2. FAR CRY 4
3. CALL OF DUTY: ADVANCED WARFARE
4. FIFA 15
5. DRAGON AGE: INQUISITION
6. ASSASSIN'S CREED: UNITY
7. WWE 2K15
8. LEGO BATMAN 3: BEYOND GOTHAM
9. MINECRAFT: PLAYSTATION EDITION
10. HALO: THE MASTER CHIEF COLLECTION

On the individual top 40 chart
Number 1 PS4 game and Number 1 game GTAV
Number 1 ONE game and Number 2 game GTAV
Number 1 360 game and Number 10 game CALL OF DUTY: ADVANCED WARFARE
Number 1 PS3 game and Number 18 game CALL OF DUTY: ADVANCED WARFARE
Number 1 3DS game and Number 24 game TOMODACHI LIFE
Number 1 PC and Number 35 game DRAGON AGE: INQUISITION
Number 1 VITA and Number 36 game MINECRAFT: PLAYSTATION EDITION
Number 1 Wii U and Not in Top 40 MARIO KART 8
Number 1 PSP and Not in Top 40 SONIC RIVALS 2
Number 1 Wii and Not in Top 40 JUST DANCE 2015
Number 1 DS and Not in Top 40 FROZEN: OLAF'S QUEST

On the Wii U chart Watch Dog's placed in at Number 14 below FIFA 13 in 13th, who is buying FIFA 13 on the Wii U new as that's also selling more the Donkey Kong & Wind Waker also can't see any of them selling any decent amounts though.

So Ubisoft will becoming out with told you games don't sell on the Wii U and that's it apart from Just Dance each year you'll be getting from us.

Also the SEGA Saturn has turned 20 years old

Atlus announced a Etrian Odyssey And Mystery Dungeon Collaboration Announced For 3DS which hopefully we will get in the EU before the year 3000 so it can go into the space ark maybe for dungeon crawler along with Etrian Odyssey V.

Hatoful Boyfriend is coming to PS4 & VITA next year which I'm kinda excited about.

The big news of today Darks Souls II is coming to PS4 & ONE as the Scholar of the First Sin which basically a GOTY edition as it has all the DLC which also come out on PS3, 360 & PC (Direct 11 version) coming April 3rd 2015 the PS4ONE&PC will have improved graphics, bigger online etc and all version will get a few things like game balancing will be patched to anyone playing the original release.

Didn't I tell Jas it would happen shame about the date only a mere 6 or 7 days after Bloodborne that I'm not really bothered about it, if it was coming this year or Jan then would of picked it up.

Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 13 EmptyTue 25 Nov 2014 - 16:31

mas wrote:
The big news of today Darks Souls II is coming to PS4 & ONE as the Scholar of the First Sin which basically a GOTY edition as it has all the DLC which also come out on PS3, 360 & PC (Direct 11 version) coming April 3rd 2015 the PS4ONE&PC will have improved graphics, bigger online etc and all version will get a few things like game balancing will be patched to anyone playing the original release.

Didn't I tell Jas it would happen shame about the date only a mere 6 or 7 days after Bloodborne that I'm not really bothered about it, if it was coming this year or Jan then would of picked it up.

This was a massive surprise to me today as I honestly didn't see them doing it, no I won't be getting & yes I think it's just as stupid as all the other year old ports of games especially when the most significant changes to the game will be patched into the current versions.

So what does that leave the ps4/XO versions with? Upgraded visuals & the player cap for multiplayer raised to six & none of that is a good enough reason (for me) to upgrade.

---

In other news we have a rumour of zombi U 2 being a thing, I hope this is true as the first was great!

http://www.vg247.com/2014/11/25/zombie-u-2-listed-on-amazon-france/
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 13 EmptyTue 25 Nov 2014 - 16:32

It'll be called ZombiX and be an MS exclusive. Razz
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 13 EmptyTue 25 Nov 2014 - 16:34

Balladeer wrote:
It'll be called ZombiX and be an MS exclusive. Razz

*drops to knees*

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!""""

Last edited by The_Jaster on Tue 25 Nov 2014 - 16:35; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : broke the page hehe!)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 13 EmptyTue 25 Nov 2014 - 16:37

Well I think this is slightly different as there's been GOTY versions of the previous Souls game's and other games get GOTY versions all the time it's just this happens to becoming to PS4 & ONE as if you look at sells charts that's where the money is now.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 13 EmptyTue 25 Nov 2014 - 16:56

.........wait a second are you saying the likes of TLoU remaster etc didn't have the dlc with it? If not then that's even more ridiculous than I thought it was but if it did then how are those not considered GoTY editions? They would be it's just Sony/MS/whoever giving it a different name to dupe you into buying it or thinking it's a normal thing.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 13 EmptyTue 25 Nov 2014 - 17:05

I see it just as a GOTY edition which we see all the time since like the year dot this one just happens to becoming to systems it wasn't originally on and just appeal to those people that buy GOTY editions.

David Jaffe is planing to show of his new game at the playstation experience also Capcom are likely to show something more then likely from Yoshinori Ono who I'm 99% sure is at the event.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 13 EmptyWed 26 Nov 2014 - 17:54

I never said it wasn't just that I find them (GoTY editions) just as stupid as HD remakes.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 13 EmptyWed 26 Nov 2014 - 18:03

They've been around like I said for ever GOTY editions and people must buy them or publishers wouldn't put them out. I've heard people say though with likes of borderlands 2 ill wait to the version with all of it all on.

I doubt they sell many but can't be hardly any cost in doing something you've already made.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 13 EmptyWed 26 Nov 2014 - 18:31

*sigh*

I do know how long they have been around & it's not like I've suddenly woken up today and decided "oh I hate GoTY editons now" anyhow back to DSII: scholar of the first sin I was just initially asking a question of why should anyone upgrade when all the significant changes to the game are coming to the current versions? (same goes for your standard GoTY editions of other games too)

I know we won't agree but I really wasn't trying to convince you to but just honestly trying to create a discussion of why these editions exist in the first place & why people often buy a game they already own.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 13 EmptyWed 26 Nov 2014 - 18:39

It's not for people that already own the game though, so I think the whole upgrade thing is pointless and no one who owns the game already should buy it as it again it pointless unless some how its cheaper than buying the dlc for the original release.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 13 EmptyThu 27 Nov 2014 - 2:10

It's a thing that people do though and the publishers know it which is why it exists in the first place.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 13 EmptyThu 27 Nov 2014 - 10:25

Well there stupid people unless it's something you really love and more niche you want to support then maybe I get it otherwise then I only see like my mate who waited for borderlands 2 to get in GOTY that this benefits from.

The only one I would of been tempted to pick up was Bioshock Infinite as it came with both DLC packs which I've not played and I know longer own that great game but stayed on last gen which I was surprised about.

Actually I'm getting the TWD games on PS4, so I can't really say much but I've not played them and PS4 is my main console that's why I'm getting them.

On to some news:

Ubisoft will be giving all season pass holders of AC: Unity a free game download of there choosing which includes Far Cry 4 & The Crew, the season pass has been pulled though. So not sure what's happening to AC: U's DLC in the future but all owners are getting Dead something even if you not got the season pass also 300 fixes are being patched in.

Kojima will be at Sonys event and will be showing of Metal Gear Online, dam you drunka and your xbox one as I would of played MGSV with you
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 13 EmptyThu 27 Nov 2014 - 14:15

Creeds season pass was just that piece and the 2D Chinese game, so basically you'd just buy that if you wanted it.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 13 EmptyThu 27 Nov 2014 - 14:20

The Chinese game actually looks good, wonder what's happening with that now.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 13 EmptyFri 28 Nov 2014 - 11:02

Sad news today. CVG is my primary source of news and I am genuinely gutted that it won't be around any more. All the best to Chris et al.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 13 EmptyFri 28 Nov 2014 - 11:08

Sounds like it's going for good this time. Aww! Can anyone recommend any other good news sites? Nintendo Life's fine, but I'd like a second opinion.

Actually, will there be any British-run videogames sites at all once CVG goes under?
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 13 EmptyFri 28 Nov 2014 - 11:12

I don't even like Nintendo Life so I'm totally buggered... I'll have to use something like IG "Too Much Water"N *shudders*
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 13 EmptyFri 28 Nov 2014 - 21:09

I had a feeling this would happen. Apparently, EuroGamer wanted to buy CVG but Future weren't interested.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=140721484&postcount=16

Remember the "Don't worry, ONM readers. CVG will still cover all the Nintendo stuff" statement? Yeah.........
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 13 EmptyFri 28 Nov 2014 - 22:39

Very sad news indeed, the end of an era, as well as years' worth of content hosted on the site (the original NGamer forums, and a lot of NGamer articles/reviews/features).
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 13 EmptyFri 28 Nov 2014 - 23:40

Balladeer wrote:
Sounds like it's going for good this time. Aww! Can anyone recommend any other good news sites?  Nintendo Life's fine, but I'd like a second opinion.

Actually, will there be any British-run videogames sites at all once CVG goes under?

andyman949 wrote:
I don't even like Nintendo Life so I'm totally buggered... I'll have to use something like IG "Too Much Water"N *shudders*

Come over to god is a geek, I've been using them for a while and I like their content I especially like how things aren't separated by system like so many other sites do just great discussion about games no matter what it's on.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 13 EmptyFri 28 Nov 2014 - 23:49

I might give them another go, though I'm still very sore that they called Dragon Age a poor mans Witcher...
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 13 EmptySat 29 Nov 2014 - 1:26

Laughing That was one guy on the podcast & even I found that comparison odd but surely it's not a reason to not use the site for news/Reviews etc.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 13 EmptySat 29 Nov 2014 - 7:28

The_Jaster wrote:
Come over to god is a geek, I've been using them for a while and I like their content I especially like how things aren't separated by system like so many other sites do just great discussion about games no matter what it's on.

As a Nintendo-only user, that's a big reason to avoid it.  At least two thirds of the content irrelevant to me, and no way to filter out those bits?  I assume from the fact that you quoted me too that you were trying to recommend to me as well, in which case you couldn't have done a worse job of it! Laughing It does seem to be British-run, though.

Having had a brief look at the site, it can be restricted to Wii U or 3DS, but it's a shame that there's no Nintendo-only option, like on CVG.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 13 EmptySat 29 Nov 2014 - 10:44

@balla and everyone

You could be missing great articles and game industry news that way that might not even be related to PS's, Xbox's, PC and other if you go to God is a Geek.

Like Andy says IGN is a thing and there Nintendo team aren't bad and if it's something like above it would likely to see show up in the Nintendo section.

If you want a Nintendo only there is a few like Nintendo Feed, Nintendo Enthusiast, Nintendo Insider & My Nintendo News.

Myself I go between Nintendo Life, Push Square, IGN mainly with a few others on the side.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

GAMING NEWS PART DEUX
Page 13 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next