We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GAMING NEWS PART DEUX

Go down 
+20
NintenDUCK
Admin
oldschool
Treesmurf
shanks
Vidofnir
Crumpy Andy
fronkhead
Athrun888
Jimbob
The Cappuccino Kid
Buskalilly
ZeroJones
beemoh
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
Rum
Balladeer
Axis1500
masofdas
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 14 EmptySat 29 Nov 2014 - 11:03

Stunned that the name, at least, isn't going to be kept going. As I said on Twitter, it's sad that the legacy of the name couldn't be preserved, but then we know better than most how much a legacy is worth to the suits. No
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 14 EmptySat 29 Nov 2014 - 11:13

I was exaggerating my emotional scarring, though in general I haven't found many members of the GiaG team to be particularly agreeable in general. I'll give 'em another go though, need my news fix from somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 14 EmptySat 29 Nov 2014 - 16:48

I think it might be time for Balladeer to join Twitter. Seriously, join there, follow @NeoGAFNewThreads. Boom! Games news up the wazoo.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 14 EmptySat 29 Nov 2014 - 17:48

Balladeer wrote:
The_Jaster wrote:
Come over to god is a geek, I've been using them for a while and I like their content I especially like how things aren't separated by system like so many other sites do just great discussion about games no matter what it's on.

As a Nintendo-only user, that's a big reason to avoid it.  At least two thirds of the content irrelevant to me, and no way to filter out those bits?  I assume from the fact that you quoted me too that you were trying to recommend to me as well, in which case you couldn't have done a worse job of it! lol It does seem to be British-run, though.

Having had a brief look at the site, it can be restricted to Wii U or 3DS, but it's a shame that there's no Nintendo-only option, like on CVG.

Forgot* you are a massive Nintendo fan boy but anyhow I like the fact they have James Bowden on Nintendo duty who's opinion I've trusted for a long time way before he worked for them & that's enough for me. (I do like their other writers too)

(*not really)

mas wrote:
Like Andy says IGN is a thing and there Nintendo team aren't bad and if it's something like above it would likely to see show up in the Nintendo section.

Not a fan of IGN at all
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 14 EmptySat 29 Nov 2014 - 17:53

I did suggest other things for Balla but for Andy IGN might be the way to go. I use it as they have everything I like in one place and I agree a lot with Colin Moriarty who's the Sony guy there and the Nintendo guys there are Nintendo fans such Jose Otero.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 14 EmptySat 29 Nov 2014 - 18:33

You suggested about three other things, Mas, and gave no distinction between them.  The names are useless on their own - nothing I couldn't get off a Google search for "Nintendo news".  I'm asking because I want to know more than just the names: people's experiences with them, the quality of the news, the reviews, did they hate Cave Story as much as I did etc.  Like Jas' comment about James Bowden. Indeed, like yours about IGN!

Axis1500 wrote:
I think it might be time for Balladeer to join Twitter. Seriously, join there, follow @NeoGAFNewThreads. Boom! Games news up the wazoo.

I'm going to assume that the "seriously" in that post was misplaced, but just in case it wasn't, how do they include insightful features and in-depth reviews in posts of 140 characters?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 14 EmptySat 29 Nov 2014 - 18:43

I rarely use those others but I do follow all them on twitter and there YouTube feeds, which Nintendo Enthusiasts is rather good with there indie videos. I was just suggesting bigger ones then someone's blog in stroud, I would say try them all and see if you find someone you like. As we all know Nintendo Life's problem is they over score indies apart from pier solar DAMN YOU!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 14 EmptySun 30 Nov 2014 - 18:22

Alternatively, I could just read Jim Sterling's reviews.  I'm never going to completely agree with him (three and a half stars for ALBW?  Sod off!), but he's funny.  And he's very keen on Nintendo at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 14 EmptyTue 2 Dec 2014 - 16:29

Nintendo and Cappa Philips are back on good terms, with both companies agreeing to "cross-license portions of each firm's patent portfolio". I think we know what that means...

GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 14 MAH_BOI_Wallpaper_by_sonic_VNN-1-
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 14 EmptyTue 2 Dec 2014 - 20:02

Popping up to say that James Bowden is a great chap. He is one of the admins for StreetPass Manchester, so I've met him a few times, and he did a bit of writing for NGamer's final hours. Lovely guy with good opinions and a nice writing style. Grin
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 14 EmptyTue 2 Dec 2014 - 21:59

Balladeer wrote:
Nintendo and Cappa Philips are back on good terms, with both companies agreeing to "cross-license portions of each firm's patent portfolio".  I think we know what that means...

GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 14 MAH_BOI_Wallpaper_by_sonic_VNN-1-

Nintendo seem to have been developing a sense of irnoic humour of late. Do you teckon? Do you reckon this will happen? I'm almost excited!
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 14 EmptyTue 2 Dec 2014 - 22:01

"All hail the Virtual BOI!" It's not out of the question!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 14 EmptyTue 2 Dec 2014 - 22:34

If they put out all three of the unholy triforce in one pack, I would buy it day one.

On to some news guess what we need another Assassins Creed, Yes Next years has been confirmed already with the codename Victory set in Victorian London & from the Quebec studio not Montreal for PS4, ONE & PC and no last gen game what so ever.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 14 EmptyWed 3 Dec 2014 - 0:50

I honestly don't get why folk are surprised by this as the series as been an annual release for a while now.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 14 EmptyWed 3 Dec 2014 - 14:00

not really surprised but to be leaked then announced so soon, is a bit strange and the series did seem to dip with AC:U & AC:R that a rest might of been good but it's a different team, so see what they can bring.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 14 EmptyWed 3 Dec 2014 - 14:13

There was likely little point in hiding it after the leak. The game was clearly not meant to be leaked at this stage, particularly whilst they're still combating issues with Unity (though I believe a large part of that is done now). I totally disagree that it dipped with Unity though, the only people I'd say it seriously dipped for are people that liked 4 and none of the rest of the series. Unity to me is the best Assassin's Creed game that IS an Assassin's Creed game since 2/Brotherhood. It has had a few bugs (which have been blown way out of proportion) but considering it's a new engine and it's one of the first actual next gen exclusive multiplats I'm really not surprised.

People really seem to have jumped on the anti-Ubi bandwagon this year (largely fronted by PC gamers, a platform ubisoft have always had problems with, heck most of their games come out half a year later). The issues with Unity are irritating at best. In my time with the game I had 3 issues, 2 involved me running before the game had properly loaded in and getting stuck in some scenery and the other involved the online being out of sync and my characters body floating between the roof I had died on and the ground my gfs game thought I'd died on. Compare that to Dragon Age (a game I've heard nothing about its issues) which crashed my PS4 several times, had a glitched quest that I physically could not complete and a final boss that actually broke several times (cut scene didn't load properly and the game couldn't continue) amongst similar frame rate issues and you can see it has been given far too hard a time.

Overall the extra years work will no doubt give them time to actually get the game up to the best we expect from it and I'm sure they wouldn't dare rush this one out .
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 14 EmptyWed 3 Dec 2014 - 14:19

I don't like the AC series, so all I know from what I hear about U & R and both haven't reviewed well and the issues are brought up all the time.

I've had no problems with DA:I myself and this is the first I've heard about any.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 14 EmptyThu 4 Dec 2014 - 9:42

masofdas wrote:
I don't like the AC series, so all I know from what I hear about U & R and both haven't reviewed well and the issues are brought up all the time.

I've never played an AC game at all but wouldn't fully judge one regardless of how often someone says it may be broken, in fact I'd be more inclined to find out for myself if it's true or not.

masofdas wrote:
I've had no problems with DA:I myself and this is the first I've heard about any.

That to me basically just reinforces Andy's point that Ubi are (sometimes) unfairly getting it in the neck, if they had made dragon age maybe you would have heard about said issues before because they have become an easy target.

We have only seen one screenshot of that new AC and I've already seen folk say it will be a broken mess of a game which is just ludicrous.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 14 EmptyThu 4 Dec 2014 - 14:46

Assassin's creed from what I've played of three games is fun, but not a tight experience. Everything feels sort of loose and fragile, like if you were to push it too hard it'd fall to pieces. The combat is also pretty broken, ranging from situations where the enemy is op if there are too many to situations where you literally just have to tap circle at the right moment to counter anything and everything.

The games shine when you go all stealth on everything. Being able to fight your way out of a situation when you screw up is a good backup, but the games are at their best when you're not actually fighting. Given a significant amount of the game can be played trying to be stealthy it redeems what is otherwise a loose but serviceable game.

Still, it could be far worse. It could be skyrim's battle system.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 14 EmptyThu 4 Dec 2014 - 16:47

The_Jaster wrote:
masofdas wrote:

I've never played an AC game at all but wouldn't fully judge one regardless of how often someone says it may be broken, in fact I'd be more inclined to find out for myself if it's true or not.

masofdas wrote:

That to me basically just reinforces Andy's point that Ubi are (sometimes) unfairly getting it in the neck, if they had made dragon age maybe you would have heard about said issues before because they have become an easy target.

We have only seen one screenshot of that new AC and I've already seen folk say it will be a broken mess of a game which is just ludicrous.

@Jas I am inclined to try bad games, I've always wanted to see how bad E.T and Superman 64 actually are or even good games everyone goes on about e.g. Zelda games or like are twitter convention we had about Sunset Overdive. But I know I don't like the AC games to start with and like I said even if you don't take any notice of the glitches, it's not reviewed well. So I'm not even going to think about playing it.

On the new one there was a 7 minute trailer with a fancy name which was something about this is what we want to achieve in this game sort of thing, so maybe it didn't look good I don't know as I've not seen it and it was pulled. What we do know sounds cool like the AC games always do but like I said I don't like how they but it's a different studio, so I am more inclined to give this AC ago if I'm not warn out on the setting by then.

Also some of you might care the Game Awards which Nintendo are at, the GA's will be shown live from Las Vegas at 2am this Saturday for us in the UK, I won't be watching live myself due to that time.

The playstation experience has a friendly time of either 5 or 6pm on Saturday also from Las Vegas live with a 2 hourish keynote which Kojima & Ono will both be at.
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 14 EmptyFri 5 Dec 2014 - 19:56

So, Kittsy and Greener are writing for Official Xbox Magazine....

https://twitter.com/mrbasil_pesto/status/540916463457300480

It is like a NGamer reunion. Grin
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 14 EmptyFri 5 Dec 2014 - 20:08

Shame it's Xbox magazine as that's the least likely that I will read even when I pick up a ONE again as that system will only be for it's exclusives, so the magazine will pointless due to how little exclusives.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 14 EmptyFri 5 Dec 2014 - 21:14

What about this Street Fighter V has been leaked as the console exclusive PS4 game from Ono, remember those PS4 trailers with a ryu type character in well kinda makes sense now.

GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 14 Medium
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 14 EmptySat 6 Dec 2014 - 0:10

masofdas wrote:
Shame it's Xbox magazine as that's the least likely that I will read even when I pick up a ONE again as that system will only be for it's exclusives, so the magazine will pointless due to how little exclusives.

Even though I have zero interest in xbox that's an odd thing to say.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 14 EmptySat 6 Dec 2014 - 0:18

I'm saying when I have a ONE again alongside my PS4 & Wii U, the only thing I will use the ONE for it's exclusives. OXM can of course only run so many story's about Halo that I don't see me buying the magazine for so little content that it's pointless for me to buy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

GAMING NEWS PART DEUX
Page 14 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next