We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Jim Sterling

Go down 
+13
Muss
Dead Lemon
oldschool
JayMoyles
Jimbob
The_Jaster
Axis1500
ZeroJones
fronkhead
Buskalilly
The Cappuccino Kid
masofdas
Balladeer
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Jim Sterling - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jim Sterling   Jim Sterling - Page 6 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2017 - 21:32

While it's true that adds an extra layer of 'this is tripe' to the tripe, the Ubi Rabbids one is equally transparent and equally 'a season pass'. I don't feel that should be a defining characteristic, even if it's common to many of the worst examples.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Jim Sterling   Jim Sterling - Page 6 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2017 - 21:34

My point is that a season pass is a pass to get all of the content which is coming up in a given season: the Zelda one is very explicitly one expansion and some bonuses, and there is no other way to buy that content.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Jim Sterling   Jim Sterling - Page 6 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2017 - 21:44

...I think that's worse, I want the option to be able to purchase bits on their own. I don't care about (paying for) Hard Mode or the new PoT, I'd rather pay less and just get the Champion's Ballad.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Jim Sterling   Jim Sterling - Page 6 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2017 - 21:47

I'm pretty sure we are just paying for Champion's Ballad. The other bits were comparable to what Nintendo are dishing out for free with Splatoon, which is what makes me confident they genuienly are just a gesture of thanks for buying the main expansion.

Also, I really don't care enough about any of this to let it distract me any longer. I'm actually pretty disappointed in myself for going on about it as long as I have.

I like playing computer games on my Switch.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Jim Sterling   Jim Sterling - Page 6 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2017 - 21:52

The reason I'm happy to focus on the negatives is because Nintendo and the Switch are smashing it right now. If they were doing badly I'd be searching for positives. Balance is important!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Jim Sterling   Jim Sterling - Page 6 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2017 - 21:55

Balance is important. Artificially creating balance is bad. That's the attitude that gives Farage screentime, and presents factual climate change information as a "debate", and forces the BBC to try to be impartial instead of calling the Tories the evil bastards they are.

Nintendo is banging and that's fine. Be happy.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Jim Sterling   Jim Sterling - Page 6 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2017 - 21:59

...I don't think those examples are quite in the same league as what we're discussing. Nah nah! I think, non-artificially, there are things that Nintendo could and should improve. I think it's good to talk about them. I also think it's good to rub the Switch's success in the doomsayers' stupid red screwed-up angry little faces.

Anyway. Jim Sterling thinks the Switch is banging it in, and who are we to disagree?
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Jim Sterling   Jim Sterling - Page 6 EmptyWed 29 Nov 2017 - 9:43

I'm fairly sure you can buy the BOTW DLC seperate anyway, the pass just gives you a discount, same with the Rabbids one. Anyway, Nintendo, banging, you get the picture.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Jim Sterling   Jim Sterling - Page 6 EmptyWed 29 Nov 2017 - 9:47

You can't buy the BotW DLC individually, to me even though Drunka will disagree the expansion pass is no different to a season pass and is actually worse as Rabbids for instance you can buy everything on its own where with Zelda I have to have everything.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Jim Sterling   Jim Sterling - Page 6 EmptyWed 29 Nov 2017 - 10:19

Ah well I was half right. Although it is different for precisely the reason he said, if they were to suddenly announce more DLC it'd come with the Expansion Pass whereas a season pass wouldn't guarantee that.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Jim Sterling   Jim Sterling - Page 6 EmptyWed 29 Nov 2017 - 10:27

I think it be more likely the other way around as to me buying the expansion pass gets me DLC Pack 1 which I wasn't bothered about buy had to have and DLC Pack 2 which is the story and nothing else. I know it's no different to let's say the Witcher where it has had two expansions which you have to buy individually (at the time) and if we got even more Zelda DLC, I'd think it would be in a second expansion.

I'd much preferred buying what I want when I want, as with FFXV I've not bought the season pass but have or will buy all 3 story chapters as that's all I want to play (there was talk of us playing the multiplayer component but no one's brought it up since and it didn't sound good plus can't play with friends) and I don't need or want the other stuff.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Jim Sterling   Jim Sterling - Page 6 EmptyWed 29 Nov 2017 - 10:35

Jim Sterling - Page 6 Ever-feel-stuck-in-a-rut-going-in-circles-54821
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Jim Sterling   Jim Sterling - Page 6 EmptyWed 29 Nov 2017 - 10:38

I never shared my thoughts on it though Drunka and I'm saying where I stand and it's with Balla that the expansion pass for Zelda and having to buy it all sucks also I don't think I will actually play the story content as I didn't enjoy the game, world or charcters.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Jim Sterling   Jim Sterling - Page 6 EmptyWed 29 Nov 2017 - 17:27

Jim Sterling is still a bellend, isn't he? Don't reply to that, in fact just close the thread now.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Jim Sterling   Jim Sterling - Page 6 EmptyWed 29 Nov 2017 - 21:48

Nope. In fact I like the chap. Afraid Granted, when he gets a bee in his bonnet about something I like his style can grate, and I could do without the level of overexaggerated obscenity, but... he's funny. And he makes good points a lot of the time.

He's got a wrestling alter ego Jas, I'd've thought that'd be right up your street!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Jim Sterling   Jim Sterling - Page 6 EmptyThu 30 Nov 2017 - 2:35

I obviously don't hate the guy (just trying to break up the current conversation that wasn't going anywhere) and I get he is basically playing a character/himself turned up to a thousand but unlike you I don't think he is that funny.......and yeah he does make good points here and there just never been a fan of the way he delivers it.

I did see he was working with Simon Miller (now that's a funny chap) recently on some wrestling podcast/stuff but considering I don't like his gaming related content there's a good chance it'd be the same for the wrestling.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Jim Sterling   Jim Sterling - Page 6 EmptyThu 30 Nov 2017 - 9:27

I did like Simon but he's like the only one at WhatCulture now and his slapping his head stick has worn thin.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Jim Sterling   Jim Sterling - Page 6 EmptyFri 23 Feb 2018 - 18:33

Yes Jim
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Jim Sterling   Jim Sterling - Page 6 EmptyTue 13 Mar 2018 - 19:28

Today I downloaded my first Podquisition in what must be almost a year. I was put off by Jim's take on BotW (I didn't need more Nintendo negativity with the Wii U just having died and the Switch still unsure), and the crude schoolboy humour. I was encouraged to download today by the title of the episode ('Celeste').

Well things have taken a turnaround. Jim kept quiet about BotW, but Gave and Laura were singing its praises in a segment apparently about AC Origins DLC. They had relatively positive things to say about the new Kirby (sounds like the old Kirby). And they're as into Celeste as we are.

Tempted to start listening again. 🤔
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Jim Sterling   Jim Sterling - Page 6 EmptyTue 13 Mar 2018 - 23:28

Kirby will be good for those people who like Kirby: for me, traditional/non-experimental Kirby is like a favourite jumper, one that you know and love... it’s just, for want of a better phrase, comfy and easy to wear. Happy to hear of another group of souls enjoying yer game Celeste.

At this point it’d take a minor miracle to get me into Podquisition. I’m not fond of podcasts as it is, and I quite dislike Jim Stirling, soooooo... No
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Jim Sterling   Jim Sterling - Page 6 EmptyWed 14 Mar 2018 - 15:03

I used to watch his videos frequently but today I'll only watch the odd jimquisition if I think the subject is interesting. I like him when he talks about something to do with the industry that's lacking in coverage elsewhere, and he's particularly good at dealing with shady practices in my book. It's just that when he's going on about something constantly that I disagree with, or still going on about Konami, I lose interest. Don't get me wrong,I understand he's got reasons for his konami beef, and if I was in his shoes and could make a boatload of cash while ribbing on them, maybe I would. But I'm not him so I find it all stale and childish at this point.

As for the podcast, I never really liked it. Uninspired format that pretty much regurgitates opinions you'd be aware of if you followed the regulars on Twitter or whatever. Maybe that's changed now but since I'm cold on Jim right now I'll probably avoid it.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Jim Sterling   Jim Sterling - Page 6 EmptyWed 14 Mar 2018 - 20:01

I feel like an odd defender of the man, since I have no particular interest in his ongoing feuds. I couldn't have cared less about Digital Homicide. But I do like the style in which he does it, even if occasionally the topics get boring. He remains the most engaging fellow I've heard talking about games (outside the Gracklecast, natch Winky Face ) since Yahtzee. And he switches the topics up enough to keep my interest: he did one I daresay Andy would have loved the other day, for example.

The podcast is mostly hindered by featuring Gavin Dunne, who seems to hate most of the games I like.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Jim Sterling   Jim Sterling - Page 6 EmptyWed 14 Mar 2018 - 23:02

Well if Konami didn't keep f'ing things up then he wouldn't have to bring them up, such as $10 for a game save recently.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Jim Sterling   Jim Sterling - Page 6 EmptyThu 15 Mar 2018 - 9:16

You said the K word, you summoned Mas.

I still enjoy Jim's schtick, I don't always agree with him but he's good at what he does.

I'd much rather hear gaming chat from The Computer Game Show, the Midnight Resistance Boys, anyone from Duckfeed or the almighty Cool Ghosts. Imagine if Matt Lees could put out content of his quality with Jim's quantity . . .
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Jim Sterling   Jim Sterling - Page 6 EmptyThu 15 Mar 2018 - 9:48

I don't think the world could handle that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jim Sterling   Jim Sterling - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Jim Sterling
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GNamer Forum :: Gaming Miscellaneous :: General Gaming Discussions-
Jump to: