We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition

Go down 
+14
flora-chan
oldschool
Vidofnir
shanks
Crumpy Andy
fronkhead
The_Jaster
ZeroJones
Athrun888
JayMoyles
beemoh
Buskalilly
Balladeer
masofdas
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition   Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition - Page 6 EmptyFri 4 Mar 2022 - 21:00

Both 1 and 2 are better than Pokémon Legends. Winky Face (X is not, but still good in its own strange way.)
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition   Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition - Page 6 EmptyFri 4 Mar 2022 - 21:06

Still surprised no X port yet
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition   Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition - Page 6 EmptyMon 9 May 2022 - 19:50

Well, somehow this has made its way into my house. I had a little bit of a gap in the schedule and a week off next week (that I'm meant to be using to do some writing and have another shot at Pikmin 3), and apparently I'm going to spend part of that seeing how much Xenoblade 1 has improved before Xenoblade 3 devours my time later this year. I regret nothing.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition   Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition - Page 6 EmptyWed 11 May 2022 - 18:34

Guess for you, could just jump to the new bit.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition   Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition - Page 6 EmptyWed 11 May 2022 - 21:41

Nah I'm not doing that, I'm straight back into the main game! Not heard great things about the new bit in any case.

Once again, I have switched straight over to Japanese voices. Dunban sounds good, Shulk sounds stilted, but Reyn - Reyn was too much. Also, you do get a lot of side quests dumped on you near the beginning huh.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition   Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition - Page 6 EmptyTue 7 Jun 2022 - 14:57

I liked the new bit for what it's worth, but I think it lands better following on from a playthrough of the main game first as opposed to a standalone thing.

I'm also quite fond of the English voice acting - it's far removed from your usual tropey anime dub and I think it adds a lot of charm to the game. How've you been finding the improvements in the Switch port?
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition   Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition - Page 6 EmptyFri 10 Jun 2022 - 19:59

Pfft, I should probably try it but to be honest I've had enough Xenoblade 1 for a while, and should probably take a break before 3 anyway. Plus, two Nopon party members doesn't fill me with joy, even if Riki is by a way the best Nopon party member in the series.

As for the improvements, here's the summary that you missed because you were too busy disappearing up Kingdom Hearts' bumhole. Razz The side-quests are a damn sight better, which brings them from 'obtuse and crap' to 'mostly less obtuse... and still crap'. The visuals are obviously better, but that brings things that haven't aged as well (e.g. the walking animation) into starker relief. I didn't notice the reorchestrated music to be honest: what I mostly noticed is that the soundtrack's several degrees worse than 2's, while still being a banger. Gaur Plains << Gormott.

It was an interesting to thing to replay in preparation for 3, even if that was partly just realising how far the series has come. Roll on next month!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition   Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition - Page 6 EmptyTue 14 Jun 2022 - 12:42

Ah, I did indeed miss that review! Some fair criticisms there - I think I still used a guide for the Colony 6 rebuild stuff - and some I'd disagree with, namely in regards to the soundtrack. Mind you, this is all coming from a "haven't played XC2 yet" standpoint.

Balladeer wrote:
Pfft, I should probably try it but to be honest I've had enough Xenoblade 1 for a while, and should probably take a break before 3 anyway.  Plus, two Nopon party members doesn't fill me with joy, even if Riki is by a way the best Nopon party member in the series.

I remember both the Nopon lads in the new bit to be pretty good, actually. Also, for what it's worth, I've a sneaking suspicion that the ending of the new bit might have some sort of implication for XC3.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition   Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition - Page 6 EmptyWed 15 Jun 2022 - 21:01

The soundtrack's still grand, don't get me wrong - it's just been noticeably improved upon in that game you haven't played.  And should, before 3.  And won't.

Aw, not the TWEWY problem again!  Ah well, I'll do what I did then and read a summary. Razz
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition   Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition - Page 6 EmptyThu 16 Jun 2022 - 12:58

Balladeer wrote:
The soundtrack's still grand, don't get me wrong - it's just been noticeably improved upon in that game you haven't played.  And should, before 3.  And won't.

I mean I'd imagine I'll play XC2 before I ever play XC3... just maybe not before the release date of XC3. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition   Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6