We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"

Go down 
+17
Athrun888
beemoh
Rum
Treesmurf
Axis1500
masofdas
oldschool
Vidofnir
The_Jaster
shanks
fronkhead
NintenDUCK
Admin
JayMoyles
Crumpy Andy
Balladeer
Silver light
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 4 EmptyFri 5 Apr 2013 - 10:09

Yay I've got this preordered in GAME and it comes with a free art book in there, that's worth the exra tenner.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 4 EmptyFri 5 Apr 2013 - 13:02

I love Advance Wars personally. I absolutely suck at it though.

Anyway, as of now I'm considering double dipping on this. I have had it pre-ordered from Ozgameshop for a few weeks, but now I'm considering ordering it from EB Games online since I don't think I can wait two plus weeks for this.

Also, anyone interested in some nice Fire Emblem wallpapers? Found em on the US Nintendo site and Japan site yesterday.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 4 EmptyMon 15 Apr 2013 - 14:30

Eurogamer's review. I'm sure there's others, but it's the first i've seen posted (yes, i didn't see any NA release ones xD ) and i'm too lazy busy to find any others.

They went as far as to note it as "perhaps the greatest game ever made by Intelligent Systems" on their tweetar. Bold words there. All signs point to good though....

Why can't it be friday already ;~;
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 4 EmptyMon 15 Apr 2013 - 18:02

High praise indeed! It definitely seems like one of the best Fire Emblems through the playthrough I watched on YouTube, so I can assume it'll play even better in person.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 4 EmptyTue 16 Apr 2013 - 1:58

I really can't wait for this, though as I'm holding off my purchase until summer I'm going to be jealous of everyone playing it this week. Looks amazing.

I don't think I'll be rubbish at this compared with Advance Wars. The lack of micromanagement and bases is the main reason - I just can't deal with those on strategy games as I run into stalemates nearly every time. Skulls of the Shogun incorporated things so resources on maps (which can be used at bases to summon new units) are finite, so that wasn't too much work for my brain to get round, and I've had no trouble with Disgaea, FF Tactics (though those arguably don't require too much tactical thought) and the excellent Ghost Recon Shadow Wars.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 4 EmptyTue 16 Apr 2013 - 7:56

Is that so? Maybe I just plunged in at the deep end, then. I guess we'll see.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 4 EmptyTue 16 Apr 2013 - 8:23

It will be me and you both in the deep end
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 4 EmptyTue 16 Apr 2013 - 8:49

shanks wrote:
It will be me and you both in the deep end

And me!

Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 4 Despatie21
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 4 EmptyTue 16 Apr 2013 - 10:33

You'll get the hang of it very quickly, and become masters.

Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 4 Michael-Phelps-005
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 4 EmptyTue 16 Apr 2013 - 13:02

i cant wait to get this on friday, im not enjoying luigi so that will be getting traded in for this. But i prefer games like this or rpgs on a handheld then a console and games like luigi on a console not a handheld.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 4 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2013 - 11:45

Well, I've just been emailed to tell me my copy is on the way, time to get me a 3DS methinks. Grin
Back to top Go down
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 4 EmptyThu 18 Apr 2013 - 15:11

Got my copy today! The artbook too, which looks and smells very nice. Gotta love that new book smell. Anyway, it really is pretty good for a preorder one.

Would be playing it right now, but i completely forgot to charge my 3DS, heh Whistle
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 4 EmptyThu 18 Apr 2013 - 16:12

Will be getting mine on the way home from work tomorrow. Still lots of Luigi to play, though. And books to read. And comic books. And, y'know, "the real world" or whatever.

Much as so-called "memes" are the death of comedy, I think this one is appropriate here:

Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 4 Too-many-games-too-little-time-240x180
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 4 EmptyThu 18 Apr 2013 - 23:31

So, as a complete newbie to the series that doesn't want it to be a complete cakewalk, what settings do you suggest?

Normal, Hard, Lunatic?
Newcomer? Classic?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 4 EmptyFri 19 Apr 2013 - 8:03

I know that I'll be playing Classic Normal should I get this. Will mosey on down to GAME today.
Back to top Go down
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 4 EmptyFri 19 Apr 2013 - 10:19

I think Classic Normal would be a good bet.

Just got my hands on the XL. I still think it looks meh and tacky. As for the game, up to Chapter 6 now. It's good. Sooo goood...
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 4 EmptyFri 19 Apr 2013 - 11:28

Classic Normal, yeah. You have to play Classic to experience the whole heartbreak of losing a unit and anything more difficult for a first playthrough will put you off.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 4 EmptyFri 19 Apr 2013 - 14:30

Went to GAME: sold out. Apparently it's "one of those games that are going to keep selling out again and again, like Monster Hunter". You know what this means: the 3DS has gone popular.

Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 4 Tumblr_m6us0kYMkJ1rornuvo1_1280

To ShopTo!
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 4 EmptyFri 19 Apr 2013 - 15:43

So that's why Nintendo launched their download card scheme in the UK today...

Good move, though: http://www.nintendo-nation.net/eshop-download-codes-at-retail-finally-leave-japan/
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 4 EmptyFri 19 Apr 2013 - 17:23

Went in the local game shop last night to ask about something else, the guy pulled my copy from behind the counter and surreptitiously sold it to me. So I went home, peeled off the cellophane, enjoyed the new game smell . . . and put it my 3DS games case. Then I cooked tea, and I still haven't played it. I don't know why I'm faffing about on here instead of playing it . . . or at least playing Luigi!
Back to top Go down
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 4 EmptySat 20 Apr 2013 - 22:14

So, i've been hammering my way through this (Chapter 18 now) and i'm struggling to find any ways to really fault this game. The gameplay's still the top notch Fire Emblem so known to be great, but the Double system brings back some more focus onto precise unit positioning, something more recent games had got a little lax on. For all my "anime influence" concerns, the cast is mostly great and the supports seemingly generally still up to scratch. As for music, well i've had Chapter 10's map theme on loop all day today. That should say enough for that. The plot makes it's foreshadowing too obvious, but it stills packs a punch nevertheless.

Spoiler:

If this keeps up for the whole game, well....i don't see there being any better games this year. Hell, maybe even this decade. That's how good i think this.
Back to top Go down
Darunia
Copyright Claimed by Nintendo
Darunia

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 4 EmptySat 20 Apr 2013 - 23:30

I picked up a copy of this yesterday morning, and while I haven't played much of it as yet I've enjoyed the first couple of chapters immensely. I started on Hard Classic, and it's pretty punishing - is there an easy way to restart a chapter? No doubt there is and I'm being immensely stupid, but so far I've just been Home-ing out and reopening the game.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 4 EmptySun 21 Apr 2013 - 1:01

I got my copy yesterday but with work and wanting to finish Luigi first I may start it sometime next week if I'm lucky
Back to top Go down
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 4 EmptySun 21 Apr 2013 - 12:33

Darunia wrote:
I picked up a copy of this yesterday morning, and while I haven't played much of it as yet I've enjoyed the first couple of chapters immensely. I started on Hard Classic, and it's pretty punishing - is there an easy way to restart a chapter? No doubt there is and I'm being immensely stupid, but so far I've just been Home-ing out and reopening the game.

Yee olde` L+R+Select+Start soft reset.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 4 EmptySun 21 Apr 2013 - 20:23

Absolutely everyone on Twitter has been banging on about this game all weekend.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"   Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem" - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fire Emblem Awakening - "Waifu Emblem"
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next