We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread

Go down 
+18
OrangeRakoon
NintenDUCK
Axis1500
mandlecreed
Dead Lemon
Vidofnir
JayMoyles
Admin
Athrun888
The Cappuccino Kid
Crumpy Andy
Jimbob
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Buskalilly
masofdas
shanks
Balladeer
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 34 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 34 EmptyTue 3 Sep 2019 - 15:05

11pm tomorrow guys
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 34 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 34 EmptyTue 3 Sep 2019 - 17:19

Ooooooh yeah.
Although . . . I'm gonna have to like, cover my eyes and say la la la through the pokemon bit as I don't wanna see any more just now.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 34 EmptyTue 3 Sep 2019 - 18:51

I don't think I've ever been less arsed about having a Nintendo Direct. I'm not wanting for anything, I'm happy with my lot for this year. 

Then again, in just under twenty-three hours time, I'll no doubt have my tadger out for F-Zero HX, Pikmin 4 and an inexplicable Switch remake of Sky Odyssey. 
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 34 EmptyTue 3 Sep 2019 - 20:23

The Lady's going to be waking me up at 6, so I'll be catching this Thursday morning.

Like Drunka I'll be turning away from both the Pokémon and Luigi segments; and like Cappa, I'm not overly excited. I'm not expecting big reveals. They've said they're focussing on 2019 games, there are already a lot of 2019 games, and they've name-checked two games I know about and don't want to know more about.

That said... what do we have coming out December-February, big games-wise? (I'm sure we have something, but I can't remember what.) Nintendo could do with keeping this 'hot streak' (at a rate of one non-port game a month) going now that the Switch is well and truly a mature system. I hope this doesn't sound entitled, since personally I'll be fine with the games I know are coming... and of course Nintendo could be said to be front-loading in September. (Utterly ridiculous scheduling.)
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 34 EmptyTue 3 Sep 2019 - 21:07

They don't have anything big in Dec-Feb and a New IP has been rumoured for December or TOWN could arrive then.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 34 EmptyTue 3 Sep 2019 - 21:17

There we go then. I've heard rumours TOWN might get a name change too.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 34 EmptyWed 4 Sep 2019 - 0:24

Yeah I totally get not being excited for it (we have plenty to be playing right now) BUT Nintendo are the kings of giving us what we didn't know we wanted.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 34 EmptyWed 4 Sep 2019 - 14:36

Nintendo Directs are the finger up the bumhole of male sexual pleasure.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 34 EmptyWed 4 Sep 2019 - 19:11

Disgusting, unnatural, and banned in several countries?

The_Jaster wrote:
Yeah I totally get not being excited for it (we have plenty to be playing right now) BUT Nintendo are the kings of giving us what we didn't know we wanted.

True - I do think it's safer to go into this one with a bit of reserve however, given how things are. I'm not saying I always do a cost-benefit analysis before Directs (E3 has me excited off my nut every year regardless of past performance Embarrassed ), but for this one I think that I personally lose nothing by being underhyped since I'm not going to settle down to watch it with y'all and also circumstances make a faintly low-key Direct more likely.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 34 EmptyThu 5 Sep 2019 - 7:27

...I think that approach was entirely justified, and even more so for Cappa. The two biggest trailers for me were two JRPGs, one we already knew about and the other a port, and they finished on another port of a JRPG (albeit a really good one). The SNES Online is a big deal but arguably something we should have had a while ago, and other than that there wasn't much new apart from the fact that Sakurai will never be allowed to stop working on Smash.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 34 EmptyThu 5 Sep 2019 - 15:15

I wrote a nice long post this morning and then I went to post and the site was down for maintenance that I'm going for a shorter version now.

I thought it was a decent direct as I can see me getting or at least tinkling getting these

• Overwatch, no Nintendo skins which is a shame but seems to be £35 which is better then I thought, just not sure if I'll triple dip or not depends on who else picks it up. I do think the Switch needs a good online shooter and this could be it or Rogue Company.

• Luigi Mansion 3, Pokemon, Dragon Quest, Zelda did I need to see these again no not really which might take away from the direct but as games on there own I'm buying all four/five. Same could be said for Animal Crossing, I don't need to see more of it as I will be buying.

• Trails of Mana, Return of Obra Dinn excited for both but they're both coming to PS4 (Xbox One as well for RoOD) that it was cool to see them but I'll likely play elsewhere and will I need another JRPG after DQ, Pokemon and what else was shown.

• Little Town Hero, good to see it again shame it's an eShop only game but at £23 I'm tempted just for the same money I could get Cadence of Hyrule plus October is a busy month for gaming. That I would have liked the December rumour to be true as I'd be more inclined to pick it up.

• Deadly Premonition 2, I never thought I'd see a sequel to this game and the first is now on Switch as well, it is £28 that I'm looking at the physical version coming from Numskull if I get it or I may pick up the PS3 version but that's about £25.

• The 3rd party montage had some good games in it just some of the games are way cheaper elsewhere that it's hard to get excited for Vamypr on Switch. I guess Star Wars is cool and they've announced another coming in 2020 but seems to be on all console.  

• SNES Online is welcome as I could see me playing these games especially if we get retro let's play back up and running

• The big two for me were TMS #FE Encore as much as I love the Wii U it isn't a console that I've got up and running all the time and to have this come to Switch with new content and Atlus from the Persona & SMT games do great enhanced version of games that I'm well keen plus gives me that big Jan game for Switch.

The other being Xenoblade Definitive Edition, now I see lots say its a great game, personally, when I have played it I don't get the real fuss especially as I play quite a few JRPGs and why I'm put off ToM. The thing is on Wii the graphics really hampered it as someone that played PS360 all the time and it's not like a Super Mario Galaxy where the art style can make it shine to still. I didn't have a sense of immersion because of that then on New 3DS the game I thought also lacked as it's meant to be this grand adventure yet I'm playing on this tiny screen.

A Switch version in the engine of number 2 alleviates those two things then if other stuff is refined then I'm willing to give ago as I do hear the story is great.  The only thing putting me off is that I didn't like Chronicles or 2 either and they both looked good. I have recently watched EofGiz play Torna and the combat looked better then in 2 and if that comes over to XDE then I'm intrigued.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 34 EmptyThu 5 Sep 2019 - 17:14

I think that was one of the best directs in a long while and again a great amount of variety for every kind of player, for Balla it was the two big JRPG's but I saw folk lose their mind for all sorts of things. 90's fighting game fans losing it over Terry Bogard in Smash (great addition btw) or Doom 64, the quirky Deadly premonition getting a sequel along with the original being available to buy right now. I seen a fair few folk on twitter excited about about Divinity original sin 2 & I loved the totally out of the blue announcement of Star Wars: Jedi Knight II.

Also the sheer number of "this is available after the direct" announcements was just amazing!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 34 EmptyThu 5 Sep 2019 - 18:54

I don't play SMASH but I'd prefer Mai over Terry as it's another dude and another female rep wouldn't be a bad thing to the roster.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 34 EmptyThu 5 Sep 2019 - 21:10

I get what you're saying but if you are picking an SNK character the most iconic one is without a doubt Terry Bogard & this twitter post I seen earlier sums it up pretty well.

https://twitter.com/KaelanRamos/status/1169496870865047553
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 34 EmptyThu 5 Sep 2019 - 21:46

Sure he's a iconic character and those stats would apply to Mai and if Terry is Ryu, Mai is Chun Li.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 34 EmptyFri 6 Sep 2019 - 0:00

Mai's already in DOA5 though - SNK seem to be avoiding their characters double dipping in crossovers, hence Geese in T7, Mai in DOA5, Haohmaru in SC6 and now Terry in Smash. And I'm all for it. Great trailer for his reveal too, although I must admit I would have preferred Geese and genuinely thought we were getting him when his theme kicked in.

Good Direct, I'd say! There's nothing I'm super duper excited for, although Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition has put a nail in the coffin of me ever going back to XC: 3D.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 34 EmptyFri 6 Sep 2019 - 2:13

I'd heard really good things about Obra Dinn but had never seen gameplay. That looks really interesting! I also didn't know it was set in my dad's hometown, that sweetens the deal.

masofdas wrote:
I do think the Switch needs a good online shooter

The switch has Spla2n, the best online shooter.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 34 EmptyFri 6 Sep 2019 - 8:21

Okay first person shooter then
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 34 EmptyFri 6 Sep 2019 - 14:32

It was a fantastic direct, something for everyone and a lot for me
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 34 EmptyFri 6 Sep 2019 - 14:32

masofdas wrote:
Okay first person shooter then

Superhot Razz
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 34 EmptyFri 6 Sep 2019 - 14:33

That's not online
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 34 EmptyFri 6 Sep 2019 - 15:34

I know, it was a joke because you didn't say online when you said "okay first person shooter then" Razz
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 34 EmptyFri 6 Sep 2019 - 19:35

Sell Terry Bogard to me, gents. He looks like a terrible choice, just because he's boring, almost anime swordsman level. He's a bloke from a fighting game, what's he going to bring to the table that makes him interesting to use? (Also I barely know who he is. Would most gamers know who he is?)

I said it to OR over on GRcade, but my main issue is that the overwhelming majority of the Direct was stuff we'd already seen or ports (including the SNES Online under 'ports', even though it's probably 'objectively' the best thing about the Direct). Otherwise we had a free-to-play Kirby game, a rubbish-looking shooter that reminded me of the apparently-mediocre Lost Reavers (thanks for that name OR), and Deadly Premonition 2 which I'll admit is a big deal to some people who aren't me.

However, I say 'issue' with a big pinch of salt because given the state of the Switch's release schedule right now, and the fact that we'll surely have another Direct just as the rather bland Q1 2020 period starts, we don't really need many new games. Right now, an underwhelming Direct is okay! That we had a Direct at all is gilding the lily a bit. Smile
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 34 EmptyFri 6 Sep 2019 - 20:02

Just look at the link Jas posted Balla.

A remaster of Xenoblade isn't quite a port, I remember we were excited for Twilight Princess and Wind Waker on WiiU.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 34 EmptyFri 6 Sep 2019 - 23:33

Balla wrote:

Sell Terry Bogard to me, gents. He looks like a terrible choice, just because he's boring, almost anime swordsman level. He's a bloke from a fighting game, what's he going to bring to the table that makes him interesting to use? (Also I barely know who he is. Would most gamers know who he is?)

For that last question it honestly depends on your age and if you were into fighting games or not, I was always more of a Street fighter or Tekken guy back in the 90's but I always knew of Fatal fury without ever actually playing it & that Terry was a big deal for those who did play it. What could make him interesting to use? From what I've looked up on it recently it had a few different mechanics in the series but the main one being a two lane system where you can jump from the foreground or the background, so, maybe it could lean into that somehow? (like they did for Ryu and his SF inputs etc)

balla wrote:
Right now, an underwhelming Direct is okay! That we had a Direct at all is gilding the lily a bit. Smile

I think someone is trying to kid themselves just because there is a tonne of good games to be playing right now. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 34 Empty

Back to top Go down

General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread
Page 34 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next