We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you watching on the television?

Go down 
+35
The Cappuccino Kid
oldschool
Dead Lemon
Fastpie
Axis1500
Gogoata
SquidgyGoat
Cube
awesomedude
Buskalilly
nupkin
Jimbob
masofdas
Athrun888
Treesmurf
SuperPaperLink
Tokyo_Sonata
Vidofnir
Balladeer
NintenDUCK
Silver light
Rum
JayMoyles
ScottGamer17
Admin
shanks
spacemanDOUG
mandlecreed
Crumpy Andy
Dusty Knackers
beemoh
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Kezz182
Fancy Fancy
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

What are you watching on the television? - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 31 EmptySat 3 Oct 2015 - 19:07

Welcome back HIGNFY, and welcome back people ripping into Jeremy Clarkson. Always good to see.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 31 EmptyWed 14 Oct 2015 - 16:48

Heard Stephen Fry is stepping down as host of QI. Disappointing to hear - it won't be QI without him. Aww!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Dead Lemon
FMK Tagline
Dead Lemon

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 31 EmptyWed 14 Oct 2015 - 18:23

May as well end the show if he leaves.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 31 EmptyWed 14 Oct 2015 - 20:17

I panicked a bit when I heard that, but when they said Sandi Toksvig was taking over, I was fine - she's perfect for the role.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 31 EmptyWed 14 Oct 2015 - 21:25

I had to google her name, but when I did I recognised her face- from QI! She's always come across very knowledgeable so I'm sure she'll be great.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 31 EmptyThu 15 Oct 2015 - 7:10

I agree with Drunka - if someone had to replace Stephen Fry, she is a great choice.

And I'm watching The Apprentice - or, as I called it on Twitter, Some Mad People Mess Around For 40 Minutes Of Footage And Get Told Off For 20 Minutes Of Footage. The original title might be snappier. Grin
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 31 EmptyThu 15 Oct 2015 - 16:56

Has anyone done a silly video yet where its The Apprentice, but its a Sith Lord trying to decide who he should train? If not, someone should get on that.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 31 EmptyTue 20 Oct 2015 - 11:32

So, yesterday I started this barely heard of show called game of thrones.  Watched three episodes so far.  

Some rambling and general thoughts:

Super barebones thoughts, but the show is definitely intriguing me and making me want to see what happens next, so so far so good. On to episode 4 before cleaning beckons.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 31 EmptyTue 20 Oct 2015 - 18:29

I always like reading about people's early Thrones impressions - it's interesting seeing who they form attachments with and who they want killed.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 31 EmptyTue 20 Oct 2015 - 20:45

Athrun888 wrote:
This series is going to take at least two viewings to get everything methinks

This is a thing. I read the books before I even started the series, and I've never really been able to see how people understand what's going on from the show alone. Presumably they do, though.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 31 EmptyWed 21 Oct 2015 - 12:22

So, things are heating up as of episode 6, and it's clear things are about to get deadly.  

Spoiler ramblings:

JayMoyles wrote:
I always like reading about people's early Thrones impressions - it's interesting seeing who they form attachments with and who they want killed.

Hate list includes: Joffrey, the king, basically every Lannister besides Tyrion, and the stupid Stark girl that can't see how easily and deftly she's being played.

Like list includes: Ned, all the Stark kids besides the stupid one, Tyrion, and the Dragon girl is starting to earn a spot on here too.  

Drunkalilly wrote:
Athrun888 wrote:
This series is going to take at least two viewings to get everything methinks

This is a thing. I read the books before I even started the series, and I've never really been able to see how people understand what's going on from the show alone. Presumably they do, though.

I'm kind of used to the "plonk the viewer in the world and expect them to learn as things go on" approach so I'm not as lost as I could be.  I can see how the book would make things easier to keep up with though as the world is incredibly rich and the show even as a tv serial doesn't have enough time to cover everything.

As a quick aside, before jumping in to ep 7, I love the opening title sequence for this series!  Very nicely done.

Episode 9's ending, just, gutted. That is all.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 31 EmptyWed 21 Oct 2015 - 17:38

Athrun888 wrote:
Episode 9's ending, just, gutted.  That is all.

What are you watching on the television? - Page 31 JQB7kh
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 31 EmptyWed 21 Oct 2015 - 19:37

Sad

Well, finished the season now.  Do I dare feel hopeful over those so-faint-they're-almost-invisible glimmers of hope?  My brain tells me I should be wary and avoid the light, but my heart wants to believe!  

On the bright side it looks like I'll be seeing a lot more of my favourite character Tyrion next season with that last development!  

Now to twiddle my thumbs waiting for the next season, which I took the liberty of ordering last night before binging on the last set of episodes.  As depressing as this is I think it's safe to say I'm on this train to the end now, and with four more seasons (one for each book right?) I've still got a lot to catch up on.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 31 EmptyWed 21 Oct 2015 - 19:52

Athrun888 wrote:

Now to twiddle my thumbs waiting for the next season, which I took the liberty of ordering last night before binging on the last set of episodes.  As depressing as this is I think it's safe to say I'm on this train to the end now, and with four more seasons (one for each book right?) I've still got a lot to catch up on.

Book 3 gets 2 seasons if I recall correctly. It's the best book by far anyway, so I'm glad it got more time.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 31 EmptyWed 21 Oct 2015 - 20:37

Seasons one and two are direct adaptations of books one and two, but after that the boundaries are a little more blurred. Season 5 has events from books 3, 4 and 5 but by the end of that season were pretty much at the end of the books so far.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 31 EmptyWed 21 Oct 2015 - 21:30

Yeah, unless GRRM drops Book 6 as a surprise in the next few months, the next season is going to be completely uncharted territory.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 31 EmptyFri 23 Oct 2015 - 18:53

Unforgotten, which is ITV's attempt to recreate Broadchurch. It's dark - natch - but filled with good actors. We missed last night's episode - and this week's Apprentice, too! - but I like how it's progressing (even if there has been a lot of amazing luck in the investigation so far!). Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 31 EmptyMon 26 Oct 2015 - 16:38

Just finished episode 4 of Game of Thrones season 2, would continue but I seriously have to get to bed.  But ye gods, what on earth was that thing!?  Pale

Spoiler:

And it figures, I was planning on hitting the sack after episode 2, yet of course after finishing episode 2 I just had to see what happened because of the ending and here I am two hours later.  

Side note, Tyrion is still awesome, and Joffrey is still a sick evil little twat.  
Spoiler:

Wow, I didn't think it was humanly possible for me to hate someone even more than Joffrey, I truly didn't think it was possible.  

s2 episode 6 spoilers:

So, update.  Take Sansa off my hate list, put Theon on it next to Joffrey.  I was indifferent to this guy for a while, but boy has season 2 thrown him head first in to my hate list.

The List:

Keep in mind the list has seen a few revisions given a few of the folks on my hate list have since, ahem, well, you know.  Same for the like list... Sad

My three thoughts as of season end:

Man that battle for Blackwater bay was amazing.  

Dragons are awesome.

https://youtu.be/ctSe7jZMh80?t=23
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 31 EmptySun 8 Nov 2015 - 17:40

Person of Interest season 4 marathon is now over, and just, god, this show keeps getting better and better with every season.  And I thought my jaw had gone as far down to the ground last season as it has this one.  

Also pretty sure I set a new record for now many episodes I can marathon without pause. Probably not something one should brag about, but eh, oh well.

Ending spoilers, duh.:

Good news is season 5 is going to be the last one, so all this awesomeness is going to finally conclude one way or the other and wrap up the best show on tv. Sorry Game of Thrones, as good as you are you ain't topping Person of Interest. Not to me anyway. Four seasons in and this series is still just as awesome, entertaining, and engaging as it was in the first season, if not more-so. Given the length that's one hell of a feat.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 31 EmptyMon 9 Nov 2015 - 8:54

I've got no idea what Person of Interest is but do like reading your thoughts on GoT as someone who also had to play catch up but I had things spoiled to me and course from that you gather, I never read any of the books.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 31 EmptyMon 9 Nov 2015 - 13:40

I'd definitely recommend checking out Person of Interest!  It's basically a awesome mix of crime thriller, spy, action hero, mystery, with a bit of sci-fi sprinkled on top.  I would summarise it but in all honesty it's one of those things where the summary doesn't do the actual series any justice.  It starts off pretty good, then near the end of season 1 it goes up a notch and from there just keeps getting better.  Once Root makes an appearance you know you're entering the phase of awesomeness, and it never leaves it.  

It's one of the few shows that can send chills up my spine, in the later seasons especially.  The reveals, the twists, the all round general awesomeness of the events and cast.  Reese is also just a complete badass, which doesn't hurt.

What are you watching on the television? - Page 31 Poi10

I should probably mention I mean no slight against Game of Thrones, rather a compliment to PoI.  Person of Interest is just in my opinion that awesome. On the note of Thrones, I'll definitely continue that one, but given the sheer intensity of it I'm having a bit of a break. Don't want to do it an injustice by watching it when I'm not properly ready for it.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 31 EmptyTue 10 Nov 2015 - 10:06

That guy on the far left is from Lost that's all I know.

I just finished watching all of
What are you watching on the television? - Page 31 House-of-cards

I went through Season 1 & 2 fairly quickly but 3 I started quite a while ago and I just seemed to grow to halt for me then the last 3 Episodes were great that I can't wait for Season 4.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 31 EmptyTue 10 Nov 2015 - 12:27

Glad you mentioned that, I've been thinking of checking out House of Cards for a while.  Series caught my eye a while back but forgot and it slipped my mind.  I've heard nothing but good things about it, really should give it a watch.  

As for what Person of Interest is:
Conserving room, no actual spoilers present:
The presentation is slick and action packed from the start, with each episode very much feeling like a short action movie in the same way Game of Thrones feels like a mini-fantasy movie every episode.  I wouldn't hesitate to call Person of Interest one of the most underrated and overlooked gems of modern television.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 31 EmptyWed 18 Nov 2015 - 23:06

Toast of London is back! I'm sure treesmurf is a fan, but there's got to be a few others here, am I right?

The only other things I'm watching are The Apprentice, and Scot Squad on BBC Scotland. I quite liked Scot Squad - while it's all quite moderate and safe, it's still got a few good lines.

Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 31 EmptyThu 19 Nov 2015 - 17:53

Isn't Grado from ICW in that?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 31 Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you watching on the television?
Page 31 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next