Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Multiple Multiplatform Matters

Go down 
+9
OrangeRakoon
Muss
gjones
Treesmurf
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
masofdas
Crumpy Andy
Buskalilly
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Multiple Multiplatform Matters - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Multiple Multiplatform Matters   Multiple Multiplatform Matters - Page 5 EmptyTue 7 Feb 2017 - 10:32

Sure and Drunka has even posted replies to Cappa about WWE 2K16 or 17 in the PlayStation Playing thread but you look at it and go why do we have this stickyed thread which was created to talk about multiformat games not being used.

I get why as something like 10 out of 13 of us (I think that's sort of how many active members, we've got), automatically default to the PlayStation thread but let's use this stickyed one (before it may go into the lava, if doesn't get used ) as those other 3 should be included along with any new members that might pop in
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Multiplatform Matters   Multiple Multiplatform Matters - Page 5 EmptyTue 23 May 2017 - 14:22

Dragon's Dogma coming to PS4/ XBox One.

Yass! I was hoping for XBox BC but I'll take this any day. I enjoyed what I played of DD on PS3 but I tried to A) rush it and B) play it right after Dark Souls. Hopefully I'll be able to give it a fair crack of the whip this time and get far enough to enjoy some of the properly mad (and very Japanese) story stuff.

Obviously, would have liked a Switch version with a game of this length so I could get some time in on the go, but I'll take what I can get.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Multiplatform Matters   Multiple Multiplatform Matters - Page 5 EmptyTue 23 May 2017 - 16:32

I think I've made peace with the fact I'll never get into DD, I've wanted to so badly and tried so many times. It just feels too shonky.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Multiplatform Matters   Multiple Multiplatform Matters - Page 5 EmptyTue 23 May 2017 - 19:38

Is there a chance of that shonkiness being fixed for this rerelease, d'you reckon?
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Multiplatform Matters   Multiple Multiplatform Matters - Page 5 EmptyTue 23 May 2017 - 20:07

I'd say it's pretty slim! Capcom aren't well known for putting effort into their rereleases & they'd need to change some core systems to make it less naff. The original game did get a rerelease/working on the original consoles where they tried to improve it (adding fast travel etc), but it still felt very cumbersome and too much of a chore for me!

It has a lovable charm to it, for those that can see past the combat there's a lot to love. Just not for me!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Multiplatform Matters   Multiple Multiplatform Matters - Page 5 EmptyTue 23 May 2017 - 21:38

This is a port of the PC version which came out last year (I think) and don't heard about any fixes or what not but could check out reviews etc of that version.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Multiplatform Matters   Multiple Multiplatform Matters - Page 5 EmptyTue 23 May 2017 - 21:39

There were certainly a lot of people who love the game as it was originally released. And this is Andy . . .

I'll almost definitely be giving this a go (if it actually comes to the UK, mind) so watch this space!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Multiplatform Matters   Multiple Multiplatform Matters - Page 5 EmptyFri 23 Jun 2017 - 16:56

BG&E2 has actual gameplay Grin
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Multiplatform Matters   Multiple Multiplatform Matters - Page 5 EmptyWed 6 Dec 2017 - 11:19

Anyone planning on picking up A Hat in Time, which is a homage to classic 3D platformers and being very well received? For myself, this looks better then Yooka-Laylee which I'm still yet to play as I like a lot of you I've been waiting for the Switch version. Now both these are out at a similar time and without looking, AHiT is likely cheaper as well then YL (Switch price not PS4 etc) for what seems to be the better game.

The only thing at the moment which is putting me of is it is only on PC, PS4, Xbox One and not Switch where I want to play the game with the only word on that being:

Hey everyone, thank you so much for your continued support of A Hat in Time!! A while ago, we asked our fans to make sure to let everyone know how much you care about the game, and you really have! Humble and Gears now have access to Nintendo Switch devkits. Unfortunately, we won't have time to touch the devkits for a while now that we're SO close to release (October 5th). Additionally, we'd like to remind everyone that there are NO PLANS for additional releases until we make any kind of official announcement.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Multiplatform Matters   Multiple Multiplatform Matters - Page 5 EmptyThu 8 Mar 2018 - 14:05

Triple Combo

Well A Hat in Time isn't coming to Switch Crying or Very sad

Anyway I want to talk Life is Strange after finishing Farewell as I've got a thought on it all, I will put it in a spoiler tag if you've not played both games:

Is Max a bit of a dick:
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Multiplatform Matters   Multiple Multiplatform Matters - Page 5 EmptySun 14 Oct 2018 - 12:44

Quad Combo, thankfully the last one was a while ago and has aged

I've suddenly found myself having loads to play, as you may have seen in the last game I finished thread after Tomb Raider, I went back to my backlog and played some shorter games as I was waiting for the next big game and now I've got a few on the go.

Two are Xbox Exclusives in Ryse which I did start during Tomb Raider and Forza Horizon 4 which is the other Xbox exclusive and might be the racing game I've played.

Actual multiformat as I'm doing game share and my mate won FIFA, NFL, NHL, NBA 19's I started NFL as I've not played an American Football game for years and it's dam good and I'm really looking forward to playing the story mode.

The same mate bought Black Ops 4, which I wasn't bothered about till I played the Blackout BETA which was really fun as I knew he'd be online and some mates in work also bought it for that mode (nothing else), I've had a few games of that.

Ohh as he got that I got Assassin's Creed Odyessy which seems really good from what I've played but last two times I've played Xbox, mates have sent me invites to Forza or COD so I've been playing them instead.

Then this Friday I've got coming on disc LEGO DC Villians and Souls Calibur VI with a week after my mate is buying Red Dead 2. I've gone, nothing really to play to by the end of the month

Ryse, I'm on Chapter 5 of 8 that I may as well finish soon
Forza Horizon 4, so much left to do even after playing over 24hrs worth
Madden NFL 19, Which I could leave as I've only messed around in exhibitions but it was so good I want to play the story
Assassin's Creed Odyssey, Barely touched
Black Ops 4, Thankfully it's only multiplayer but it is fun and I'll want to play with my mates
LEGO DC Villians, This Friday
Soul Calibur VI, This Friday
Red Dead 2, End of the month

That's without any cool indies etc but thankfully November has very little I'm bothered about, I could even say this about December but dam I've got a lot of games on the go and I'd like to play FIFA 19 at some point.

What's everyone else playing?
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Multiplatform Matters   Multiple Multiplatform Matters - Page 5 EmptySun 14 Oct 2018 - 14:16

I actually played my first Nontendo game in 8 months and two weeks today! It was the first game as the last time I played Nontendo. I had a bash at Monster Hunter World in the bar.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Multiplatform Matters   Multiple Multiplatform Matters - Page 5 EmptySun 14 Oct 2018 - 15:50

Ah, I'm looking forward to whenever you hop back on board with MHW to hear your thoughts on the new content. Thumbs Up!

I'm just waiting for RDR2, really. I've got TWEWY and the last wee bit of Octopath to tide me over till then.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Multiplatform Matters   Multiple Multiplatform Matters - Page 5 EmptyThu 31 Jan 2019 - 22:19

A little game called Kingdom Hearts III, I've just past 11hrs and on the Monster Inc world. Got to say I'm enjoying it and I even sort of know what's going on

I'm most impressed with the effects when use special or attraction with how the water or sparks look.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Multiplatform Matters   Multiple Multiplatform Matters - Page 5 EmptySun 24 Mar 2019 - 12:55

Started Division 2 last night, which me EofGiz, CW Lankey (you might know him from are Brand Wars) and Pete clanned up to play for maybe 4hrs.

I only played maybe a hour of the first, this second I got to say I really like the setting of DC, seems much more vibrant.

Combat also seems to be improved as well, even with the RPG elements of this gun X damage, does feel like I'm doing some damage.

Before that session I fired up Sekiro which I did the tutorial and a bit in the first area. Got to say I'm mightily impressed so far and I think this could click with me.

Only thing why make deflect and attack the bumpers (I guess R1 and L1 on PS4), just seems really odd to me and awkward, that I changed to the triggers.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Multiplatform Matters   Multiple Multiplatform Matters - Page 5 EmptySun 24 Mar 2019 - 17:23

Mas wrote:
Before that session I fired up Sekiro which I did the tutorial and a bit in the first area. Got to say I'm mightily impressed so far and I think this could click with me.

Only thing why make deflect and attack the bumpers (I guess R1 and L1 on PS4), just seems really odd to me and awkward, that I changed to the triggers.

The combat is quicker than anything they have done before so its best for the deflect & attack buttons to have the least amount of travel time to them plus L2 & R2 are used for grappling hook and prosthetic tools. But I guess if it works for you then crack on.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Multiplatform Matters   Multiple Multiplatform Matters - Page 5 EmptySun 24 Mar 2019 - 19:19

I'm now using the bumpers for hook etc, my fingers don't come off the triggers that always on them for deflect and attack, which I find super awkward on the Xbox One pad the bumpers in general (why I feel it's the worst controller on current systems) but see the Dual Shock 4 being much better in this regard.

I've got further than in any Souls game I feel but I'm having serious troubles with a mid-level boss, going to keep trying though and see how I do and just not cave like in Souls plus I've not got much else on the go which isn't multiplayer.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Multiplatform Matters   Multiple Multiplatform Matters - Page 5 EmptySun 24 Mar 2019 - 22:09

If it's the mini boss I think it is then that's definitely a skill check moment to see that you haven't just been spamming mostly attack to get through enemies posture, if you are really struggling then I'd say go back to the temple and use the training guy for a bit of practice.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Multiplatform Matters   Multiple Multiplatform Matters - Page 5 EmptyMon 25 Mar 2019 - 10:25

I think my problem is I've been playing as a stealth game that I've not picked up any beads etc as I've not took on hardly enemies, then bam I'm at a mini boss who just destroys me.

That I might go back to first zone and see if I can find any named characters to build myself up.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Multiplatform Matters   Multiple Multiplatform Matters - Page 5 EmptyMon 25 Mar 2019 - 16:45

Which mini-boss is it you're struggling with Mas?

I beat my first proper boss in Sekiro and I'm about to go up against my second after I've finished on the forum. Wish me luck!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Multiplatform Matters   Multiple Multiplatform Matters - Page 5 EmptyMon 25 Mar 2019 - 17:05

Someone Drunkard, and even if he was passable with my stealth, I would still come against a proper boss eventually which would give me even more trouble.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Multiplatform Matters   Multiple Multiplatform Matters - Page 5 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2019 - 0:26

You can do half of that battle with stealth, to be fair...

My Juzou the Drunkard strategy:
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Multiplatform Matters   Multiple Multiplatform Matters - Page 5 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2019 - 7:59

mas wrote:
That I might go back to first zone and see if I can find any named characters to build myself up.

Without giving too much away definitely don't pass up any of the named enemies, especially those in the first area as they'll teach you the fundamentals of the combat.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Multiplatform Matters   Multiple Multiplatform Matters - Page 5 EmptyTue 7 May 2019 - 19:32

I've started Nier Automata Become as Gods Edition on Xbox One, I'm not far in (maybe 2 or 3hrs) but dam I should have played this before now.

It's keeping me away from Days Gone but may have to even put this on the back burner as I may have a game to review.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Multiplatform Matters   Multiple Multiplatform Matters - Page 5 EmptyTue 7 May 2019 - 21:53

How odd - I'm planning on playing Automata after I pull myself away from fighting games and rattle through the last bits of Sekiro I've got left to play.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Multiplatform Matters   Multiple Multiplatform Matters - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Multiple Multiplatform Matters
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next