We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Multiple Multiplatform Matters

Go down 
+9
OrangeRakoon
Muss
gjones
Treesmurf
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
masofdas
Crumpy Andy
Buskalilly
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

Multiple Multiplatform Matters - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Multiple Multiplatform Matters   Multiple Multiplatform Matters - Page 2 EmptyFri 14 Nov 2014 - 0:52

It'll be PES tomorrow but that's probably about it until I get my PS4.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Multiplatform Matters   Multiple Multiplatform Matters - Page 2 EmptyFri 14 Nov 2014 - 9:32

I wonder what's that like on last gen now as I know from seeing Jas's tweet etc with some games like WWE 2k15 there not even trying with last gen.

Also some great PS4 bundles about at the moment like this one there is cheaper ASDA again has a offer on £20 off any console meaning you can get GTAV bundle for £329.99.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Multiplatform Matters   Multiple Multiplatform Matters - Page 2 EmptyFri 14 Nov 2014 - 15:14

masofdas wrote:
I wonder what's that like on last gen now as I know from seeing Jas's tweet etc with some games like WWE 2k15 there not even trying with last gen.

Also some great PS4 bundles about at the moment like this one there is cheaper ASDA again has a offer on £20 off any console meaning you can get GTAV bundle for £329.99.

I hear good things about PES 2015 for ps3 in fact this is what God is a geek said:

Quote :
The PS3 version has all of the same content as it’s big brother, and still plays just as well. In fact, if you hadn’t ‎experienced the slick PS4 version, you would likely be just as easily impressed by the last gen game. Having looked at both, there are some obvious differences in the aesthetics department. Graphics are muddier, textures and lighting less effective, animation that little bit less fluid, the player likenesses not quite as tasty. There is a strange stuttering, laggy effect that seems to plague the replays and celebrations.

Gameplay also seems slower by comparison. Do not be fooled though, these differences are far from deal breakers and if you love soccer and don’t own a PS4 yet, you need to snap this up.

So it plays the same & has the same game modes which is the most important thing.

---

As for the new games still having last gen versions, shouldn't they be past doing that now given that ps4/XO are practically a year old? I think so as not only is it a waste of dev time & resources it generally affects one or both versions of a game.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Multiplatform Matters   Multiple Multiplatform Matters - Page 2 EmptyFri 14 Nov 2014 - 18:27

Not really both PS360 have a combined install base of 160m and just look at PS1 & 2 they stayed around for years after there replacements came out. FIFA 14 even came out on PS2, PS3 and PS4.

So if there's money to be made on last gen then games will continue to come out and Japan yet to adopt PS4 hence why tales of zestria is PS3 next year.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Multiplatform Matters   Multiple Multiplatform Matters - Page 2 EmptySat 15 Nov 2014 - 21:36

I honestly couldn't be arsed with knowing the size of a systems install base, I lump that in the same boring category of salezzzzzz Sleep talk etc. in fact that eurogamer article that looks back on the last year of ps4 makes an excellent point that consumers went out in droves to buy the system but the devs/publishers have yet to pay us back with truly ground breaking games.

I can't help but think if they had less focus on last gen or bringing over year old ports then we'd have more exciting stuff to play.

(side note: This doesn't mean I don't like my ps4 or the games I have I just think they could have done better/more in their first year.)

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Multiplatform Matters   Multiple Multiplatform Matters - Page 2 EmptySat 15 Nov 2014 - 21:58

I know you find Salezzz talk boring but I'm just trying to explain why it's happening and will continue to happen, your not going to suddenly abandon 160m install base (it be more like 80m as you gather some would of bought both or bought a original 360 then a slim) and only about 21.5m install base owning current gen systems, so like I said if there's money to be made devs will continue supporting last gen.

And on the games front first year is always pretty muh just look at year 1 of the Wii U and then look at year 2 which started of with Super Mario 3D World but on Nintendo they are the best at ditching last gen systems as i think they do see it as we've made are money let's make more money in new ways with new experiences with the rest going we can still milk this cow.

I did look into when last gen consoles dies especially with playstation consoles as they've all had decent install bases but I can't remember the whole figures of the top of my head but I know the PS1 still got games in 2005 for instance with some good titles coming after the PS2 launched such as FFIX and same with PS3 came out PS2 still got games up till 2013 with likes of God of War 2 coming out.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Multiplatform Matters   Multiple Multiplatform Matters - Page 2 EmptySun 16 Nov 2014 - 5:12

mas wrote:
I know you find Salezzz talk boring but I'm just trying to explain why it's happening and will continue to happen, your not going to suddenly abandon 160m install base

Oh I understand why it happens I'm just saying it's affecting the overall quality of certain games & dropping support a year down the road is hardly sudden.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Multiplatform Matters   Multiple Multiplatform Matters - Page 2 EmptySun 16 Nov 2014 - 7:38

If I was to guess I would put that the install base has to be around 50m combined (sold to people) of the PS4ONE for most to forget about last gen but then some will still stick around like EA with FIFA and Ubisoft with Just Dance but that be about it.

Also Sony still insist PS3 has a 10 year plan which would mean it dies 2016/17 depending on which launch they start the 10 years from and MS said the 360 would be supported up till 2016 at least.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Multiplatform Matters   Multiple Multiplatform Matters - Page 2 EmptySun 16 Nov 2014 - 23:50

To be fair they weren't wrong I reckon, I think we will start to see more exclusives on the PS4/XB1 soon but yearly instalment games won't be dropping last gen support any time soon because the people that buy those games won't be that committed to gaming to buy a whole new console.

The likes of Batman next year will see support grow and I'm sure it'll sell well enough for others to follow suite but as long as developing for both gens doesn't harm the final product like in the case of PES then I see no problem developing for both, I would have said Assassin's Creed could have been a step in the right direction with two completely different games being made but we all know how well that's turned out.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Multiplatform Matters   Multiple Multiplatform Matters - Page 2 EmptyWed 25 Mar 2015 - 11:45

What ever happened to us all talking about what where playing that isn't a exclusive.

I'm currently playing Final Fantasy Type-0 which is really good but the recommend level for mission has seen to have jumped right up as Rem who I'm maining was at one point had her way over levelled as I did a lot of training with her but now even she's slightly under with the rest be quite a bit under as King for instance has never been used.

Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Multiplatform Matters   Multiple Multiplatform Matters - Page 2 EmptyWed 25 Mar 2015 - 12:49

Type 0 gave me motion sickness because the camera is so bad. I'm very hesitant to return to it...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Multiplatform Matters   Multiple Multiplatform Matters - Page 2 EmptyWed 25 Mar 2015 - 15:34

Seen loads say that in reviews, I did want to adjust the sensitively of it at the start but after 12hrs in I've got used to it now.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Multiplatform Matters   Multiple Multiplatform Matters - Page 2 EmptyWed 15 Apr 2015 - 9:26

Anyone else pick up Mortal Kombat X
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Multiplatform Matters   Multiple Multiplatform Matters - Page 2 EmptyWed 15 Apr 2015 - 9:27

It's one for a price drop for me. I enjoyed Injustice and MK9, just not enough to pay full price for it.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Multiplatform Matters   Multiple Multiplatform Matters - Page 2 EmptyWed 15 Apr 2015 - 9:35

It's amazing, at the moment I would have to say it's my GOTY so far.

Stupid amount of content and fan-service, if you were going to try to platinum it which I know you like to do it would take you a fare time also Test Your Might is dam hard.

I did pick up the Kombat Pass but I do have some issues with the DLC as some of the characters in the Kombat Pass are clearly on Disc which is Thumbs Down... and the microinstructions of easy Fatalities etc

Also Simply Games are selling it with Goro for £36.85 which is a bargain as I bought in GAME for £54.99 as I didn't know SG were sending out EU imports which have the code at the time when I preordered.

I will do a review once I've finished the story and done other bit's like towers and invasion has gone up.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Multiplatform Matters   Multiple Multiplatform Matters - Page 2 EmptyWed 15 Apr 2015 - 9:38

There's no way I'd ever plat a fighter. Far too much work and I'm nowhere near skilled enough Laughing

Don't have a problem with the micro-transactions personally. Those things are a pain to pull off, especially if you don't know the character and if you're THAT desperate to see them.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Multiplatform Matters   Multiple Multiplatform Matters - Page 2 EmptyWed 15 Apr 2015 - 9:45

If you want to see them, you could just go on YouTube lol

But I guess if you want the trophies easily could just pay for 30 easy and then do all the Fatalities then bam 2 trophies (I think 2), the one disc content is what really annoyed me the most as I just paid £25 for the Kombat Pass then I fight one of them which is 100% coming as DLC.

I rarely plat anything, but I could of done DO5:LR I think but would of took just a lot of time more then anything same with MKX playing 200 matches online then winning 10 in-a-row which I'm not going to do.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Multiplatform Matters   Multiple Multiplatform Matters - Page 2 EmptyThu 28 May 2015 - 6:33

Seeing as there's not enough going on in the what-are-you-currently-playing on playstation and xbox threads we might as well use this one for both.

Just started Far Cry 4. After an hour, here are my thoughts:

Looks gorgeous. If this is what they could do while hindered by cross-platform development, imagine what 5 will look like.

Slick, enjoyable shooting. Top stuff. Been quite linear so far, but once I get into it I think this is gonna be right up my street.

Crap vehicle controls.

Animal stuff is cool; calling in a bear to sort the baddies out is ace. One mission had me killing wolves though, which was sad, and if the game tries to make me kill bears that's when it can fuck off.

I'm not sure I care enough that I'm going to play this to completion while there's so much else I want to play, but I should get lots of fun out of this.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Multiplatform Matters   Multiple Multiplatform Matters - Page 2 EmptyThu 28 May 2015 - 7:44

Was thoroughly confused when I saw a post that I was sure I read last night Laughing

I went crazy for FC4, ended up doing practically everything (minus some of the collectibles, and even then I only missed about 10-20 of each). It was just so much fun to go around and shoot and hunt and sneak into bases.

I've recently been playing The Witcher 3 and Wolfenstein: The Old Blood, though both of those belong in the games I've finished thread...
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Multiplatform Matters   Multiple Multiplatform Matters - Page 2 EmptyThu 28 May 2015 - 7:58

Witcher 3 looks incredible but I'm not sure I'm ever going to find myself with the sort of time I'd need to do it justice. I think it goes in the same camp as Dragon's Dogma for me.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Multiplatform Matters   Multiple Multiplatform Matters - Page 2 EmptyThu 28 May 2015 - 9:06

FFX for me but the difficulty has seemed to jump up and I keep dying Aww! but up till the point I'm at I've been fine. I do have loads of potions etc that I could start using them.

Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Multiplatform Matters   Multiple Multiplatform Matters - Page 2 EmptyFri 4 Sep 2015 - 18:52

Any of you lot with a PSN account - fire me a friend request. Same username as here. Can't believe it's taken me this long to do this. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Multiplatform Matters   Multiple Multiplatform Matters - Page 2 EmptySat 5 Sep 2015 - 13:09

Just sent you a friend request.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Multiplatform Matters   Multiple Multiplatform Matters - Page 2 EmptySat 5 Sep 2015 - 18:34

The_Jaster wrote:
masofdas wrote:

I hear good things about PES 2015 for ps3 in fact this is what God is a geek said:

Quote :
The PS3 version has all of the same content as it’s big brother, and still plays just as well. In fact, if you hadn’t ‎experienced the slick PS4 version, you would likely be just as easily impressed by the last gen game. Having looked at both, there are some obvious differences in the aesthetics department. Graphics are muddier, textures and lighting less effective, animation that little bit less fluid, the player likenesses not quite as tasty. There is a strange stuttering, laggy effect that seems to plague the replays and celebrations.

Gameplay also seems slower by comparison. Do not be fooled though, these differences are far from deal breakers and if you love soccer and don’t own a PS4 yet, you need to snap this up.

So it plays the same & has the same game modes which is the most important thing.

---

As for the new games still having last gen versions, shouldn't they be past doing that now given that ps4/XO are practically a year old? I think so as not only is it a waste of dev time & resources it generally affects one or both versions of a game.  

I'm picking up PES 2016 on 360 in two weeks, as the demo has blown me away. I tend to buy it every other year, and I've been playing PES 2014 with a friend over Xbox Live, but they are turning off the servers in November. The FIFA 16 demo is available on Tuesday, on PS4/Xbox One/PS3/Xbox 360, but I've been with FIFA since FIFA 11 and I'm leaning back towards Pro.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Multiplatform Matters   Multiple Multiplatform Matters - Page 2 EmptySat 5 Sep 2015 - 22:16

Aye the PES 2016 demo really is a belter! Even though I can see the improvements to the FIFA games of recent years they've never quite captured the flow of a real football game for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Multiplatform Matters   Multiple Multiplatform Matters - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Multiple Multiplatform Matters
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next