We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~

Go down 
+15
oldschool
Admin
Treesmurf
shanks
The Cappuccino Kid
Jimbob
Vidofnir
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Crumpy Andy
Balladeer
masofdas
Buskalilly
JayMoyles
Athrun888
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 6 EmptyMon 8 Dec 2014 - 8:18

Pretty sure any PS1 list is an anti me list. Not watching the video because 8 mins of my life is too much to commit to a console that has only provided me a little bit of enjoyment with Crash and Spyro.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 6 EmptyMon 8 Dec 2014 - 10:21

Yeah you started gaming more in the gen after that you've not really got fond memories of it like a lot of people.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 6 EmptyFri 12 Dec 2014 - 10:31

To things, I know some of you aren't fans of IGN but then they do things like this which is just great to see.

But the main thing I'm hear is legacy, as we all know Nintendo has a amazing legacy but now PlayStation has hit 20th anniversary.

We've got the anniversary console, PSX and a lot of fan service and some well known people like Yoshida that people like. It feels like they have a legacy and fans of the brand.

If you even watch a bit of that IGN video they bring up Xbox & it's legacy, in Nov 2016 the OG Xbox will be 15 years old. Which is quite old but does anyone thing they have or will have a legacy. I know there's Halo or Gears of War fans and both of those brands will have a legacy be it a good or bad based on your opinion & can see people go mad for a 10th anniversary Xbox One Gears of War console but not a 15th anniversary console that looks like the OG Xbox next year.

So what's your thoughts, should we be nostalgic or we should we just look forward to what is to come.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 6 EmptyWed 17 Dec 2014 - 11:14

I've seen so many adverts for bloody Candy Crush Soda Saga around London. The phoneboxes are blitzed. I'm sure Nintendo has the funds to do something like this, so why don't they? The mind boggles.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 6 EmptyWed 17 Dec 2014 - 18:50

I've said it before and I'll say it again (which, in itself, is a sad truth): I see more ads for King products than I do Nintendo ones. This must change.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 6 EmptyFri 19 Dec 2014 - 16:22

In the SF thread, I posted a link to this article about how Shigsy's keen to change the gameplay of the series around a bit. However, the story is unlikely to change much.

So many people in the wider Internet seem to take potshots and Nintendo for recycling their franchises, while lapping up cover-based shootybang titles, UbiSoft open-world games, etc. etc. Games which may have completely different names, settings, stories, and characters, but where more often than not the gameplay is almost exactly the bloody same. But these are "new IPs", to be praised for their originality.

Meanwhile, Nintendo take Mario from NSMB to Kart to sports to Galaxy, and even to Galaxy 2 with its many gameplay evolutions from the original. And we all know the treatment they get from Johnny Gamingpublic.

My point is that innovation in story and character seem to be more important to your average gamer than innovation in... well, gameplay. In videogames.

Is it only me who sees what's wrong with this picture?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 6 EmptyFri 19 Dec 2014 - 16:35

I can't remember when we last had a cover based shooter unless your on about a bog standard FPS like COD and they do innovate take AW it adds the exo suit which gives you the ability to traverse the world better and a few other things which okay might not sound much but who would of thought a water gun would change mario.

Joe Public like you said see the Mario name and think there all the same which we know they aren't. But Kart 8 for instance even though is fantastic but didn't do anything for the series compared to let's say double dash which did try something new and inovate the gameplay of that series.

But on Ubisoft series though such as Watch Dog's and AC:Unity neither has been praised by the gaming press but of course both have sold well but I think a lot had WD preordered still from PS4 & ONE's launch and was hopping it would be the first sort of next gen game with it's hacking mechanic.

So these games do innovate in gameplay but as you don't play COD for instance you think there all the same which there not.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 6 EmptySat 20 Dec 2014 - 7:42

Can't help but feel that, in your zeal to defend the franchises and games you like, you've missed my point. Maybe I didn't explain it clearly enough.

Okay, so I don't know a lot about the aforementioned games, and you may be right (even though I've heard UbiSoft getting a lot of stick for its "UbiGames" recently, even from those who are keen on FC4).  Doesn't really matter.  My point was that, gameplay-wise, they seem undergo about as much change as Mario does between iterations.  Sunshine and Galaxy are completely different beasts, yet you can bet that they'd only really be considered that way if they had a new character and a new storyline.  In a platformer.

My point is not stabbing at other franchises.  My point is that Nintendo games change a heck of a lot more between iterations than people give them credit for, yet get insulted for it because they use the same main character.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 6 EmptySat 20 Dec 2014 - 8:59

The argument I've often heard, and which I stick to, is that Nintendo innovate with systems, not aesthetics. Unfortunately, people don't notice that if they're not playing the games.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 6 EmptySat 20 Dec 2014 - 10:03

Balladeer wrote:
Can't help but feel that, in your zeal to defend the franchises and games you like, you've missed my point.  Maybe I didn't explain it clearly enough.

Okay, so I don't know a lot about the aforementioned games, and you may be right (even though I've heard UbiSoft getting a lot of stick for its "UbiGames" recently, even from those who are keen on FC4).  Doesn't really matter.  My point was that, gameplay-wise, they seem undergo about as much change as Mario does between iterations.  Sunshine and Galaxy are completely different beasts, yet you can bet that they'd only really be considered that way if they had a new character and a new storyline.  In a platformer.

My point is not stabbing at other franchises.  My point is that Nintendo games change a heck of a lot more between iterations than people give them credit for, yet get insulted for it because they use the same main character.

I don't like those Ubigames but just wanted to put out there they do new things.

And did agree with you about Mario games & like I said Joe Public think it's yet another Mario game,  if they played it like Drunka said then they would know different. Gaming outlets of course know different just look at how well SMG's have been praised by nearly all of them, that it can be considered game of the 7th gen by CVG for instance.

So you beef is with Joe Public and unfortunately nothing will change there.

Also does the gameplay need to change on some games if it's not broken why fix it. Dragon Age 1 for instance was great then bioware changed it in number 2 & it has to be there worst game and now with number 3 they've gone back closer to number 1 in how it plays.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 6 EmptySat 20 Dec 2014 - 12:00

masofdas wrote:
So your beef is with Joe Public and unfortunately nothing will change there.

Damn right it is. And damn right it won't. Aww!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 6 EmptyMon 29 Dec 2014 - 21:37

This went up today, It's a cancelled game from Mistwalker (The Last Story)

Which has got me thinking has there been game that's been cancelled that you wished game out and maybe a game that should of been cancelled like Duke Nukem Forever.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 6 EmptyMon 29 Dec 2014 - 21:48

I remember all sorts of rumours, after the GC "128 Marios" demo., about a game called Mario 128, a straighter sequel to SM64 than SMS. I'd have loved to have seen that, but I don't know whether it was real and cancelled, or never existed.

I'd also have liked to see Raven Blade and Donkey Kong Racing, although by most reports the former was a mess behind the CGI when it was canned.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 6 EmptyMon 29 Dec 2014 - 22:05

Personally I would liked to haven seen Sadness, Dead or Alive: Code Chronos, Sonic the Fighters and Sonic X-treme

Most of the others did come to light on other systems such as Jet Set Radio 2 on Dreamcast became Future on Xbox.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 6 EmptyThu 1 Jan 2015 - 19:48

As I backed Elysian Shadows and I was over a certain amount, I've just got a years online sub to indie gamer magazine. Here is a link to the first issue I get, I don't know if you guys can see as well or not

If you can see it all and not just a 10 page preview and would like me to continue posting them let me know.
Back to top Go down
Vidofnir
Flock Step Bird
Vidofnir

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 6 EmptyFri 2 Jan 2015 - 10:21

masofdas wrote:
This went up today, It's a cancelled game from Mistwalker (The Last Story)

Which has got me thinking has there been game that's been cancelled that you wished game out and maybe a game that should of been cancelled like Duke Nukem Forever.

Sounds like the sweet song of justice to me!
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 6 EmptyFri 2 Jan 2015 - 10:30

You can tell I'm bored of doing work when I actually decide to read the comments on a youtube vid, damn those are some of the worst arguments I have ever seen.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 6 EmptyFri 2 Jan 2015 - 11:58

Don't do it, Andy! That way lies only madness!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 6 EmptyWed 7 Jan 2015 - 9:58

I've got random Nintendo thoughts could Cover Plates on the New 3DS become preorder bonuses or part of a limited edition bundle be it a game or console.

I was thinking of this as I will order a Ambassador New 3DS and likely pick up some cover plates and by the time a New 3DS comes out that isn't plain black, I might of got a few cover plates because of the above.

Reason I'm bringing this up is because my plan is/was to but the Ambassador in till a decent XL comes out then sell the Ambassador but if something like I said happens then the Smaller New 3DS might be the better one.

Or I could sell my Zelda XL when a decent New 3DS XL comes out and have that alongside the Smaller New 3DS instead.

My other thought is you know Nintendo like to bring out games on the same day eg Pokemon ORAS & Smash 3DS would it kinda make sense in a weird way to have Xenoblade Chronicles on New 3DS & Xenoblade Chronicles X on Wii U to come out on the same day and maybe they could connect some how.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 6 EmptyThu 8 Jan 2015 - 6:53

Bonus cover plates would help advertise games, so I'd say that's a pretty sound prediction.

As for XC and XCX connecting, that'd be another incentive to buy both, so, aye. Seeing as I've got the practically untouched original Wii game on my shelf, buying the 3DS version is a no-no, though. No In actual new thought territory, could they be amiibo-compatible? Shulk is coming out, after all...

Last edited by ZeroJones on Fri 9 Jan 2015 - 7:10; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : full stops, eh? Who knew?)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 6 EmptyThu 8 Jan 2015 - 11:37

I've also got a untouched Wii version but the N3DS version is a Yes! Yes! Yes! as it might now get played.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 6 EmptyTue 13 Jan 2015 - 10:11

Don't you just love it when a game kills off your favourite charcater right at the start?

Danganronpa 2 spoilers:
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 6 EmptyTue 13 Jan 2015 - 11:52

I'm also playing Danganronpa 2 at the moment and am equally frustrated by 1 particularly uninteresting character still being alive, despite clocking them as only there to die from the first case. I have completed 3 cases...
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 6 EmptyWed 14 Jan 2015 - 6:15

I don't dare ask who that is for fear of spoiling myself, but I'm curious as spotted heck as to who it is. I'd take a few guesses but right now there are a couple of characters who I hate who are overshadowing those that are boring. If I'm honest though I feel this group has a few more duds than the original one, although it could just be early days yet.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 6 EmptyWed 14 Jan 2015 - 9:22

Asahina, Fukawa (the personality-shifting shtick was interesting at first, but the Togami-slavery thing was boring throughout) - hell, even Naegi. Nope, don't buy that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~
Page 6 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next