We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~

Go down 
+15
oldschool
Admin
Treesmurf
shanks
The Cappuccino Kid
Jimbob
Vidofnir
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Crumpy Andy
Balladeer
masofdas
Buskalilly
JayMoyles
Athrun888
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 27 EmptyFri 7 Oct 2016 - 20:31

Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 27 Tumblr_ljh0puClWT1qfkt17
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 27 EmptySat 8 Oct 2016 - 10:57

Sorry, occasionally my pedantic side creeps out, and I have to try and communicate it well and hope that the people I'm talking to take it as helpful rather than insulting their intelligence.  Obviously you didn't and I'll not do it again.  Sorry.

Unfortunately it was definitely Origins that I played, I know this because I had the same problems when I came to the Origins levels on Legends (am I repeating myself?  I think I might be).  I don't dislike it because I never persevered with it for long enough for it to annoy me, and more power to those who enjoy it.  I wasn't one of them.

And if I, maestro of the Music Thread (Drunka may contest if he wishes), can't remember the orchestral bits of the soundtrack... that says something about them, doesn't it? Winky Face Unless the music really ups its game after level 2-1, that's as far as I got.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 27 EmptySun 9 Oct 2016 - 10:57

I liked the style of Rayman Legends but... I didn't enjoy the game. I thought the core control mechanic was wrong! As a Mario fan (which of course is the default) - run and punch should be the same button. In fact, DKCR is a better comparison of how to do it right. I'm saying this quietly.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 27 EmptyFri 14 Oct 2016 - 9:29

Realisation: I'd probably play a hybrid NX about five times more than a bog-standard home console.  I rent a room during the week, in which I do not have a TV to myself.  During the weekends, a handheld is easier to pick-up-and-play than laborious heaving myself off to the next room to turn on my home console (I am a lazy bastard), and comes with faster loading times.  And then of course there's out-of-the-house and on-the-commute playing.  

I just hope the battery life's decent, otherwise that could kill the thing.  And also, how are they going to do split-screen multiplayer?  Will everyone need their own NX to join in?  How does one organise four-player Mario Kart?
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 27 EmptyFri 14 Oct 2016 - 10:54

If there is to be a hub that connects to the TV, I imagine it'll have plenty of ports for an NX equivalent of the Pro Controller (but cheaper).
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 27 EmptyFri 14 Oct 2016 - 12:10

That's what I'm hearing the £250 version will be the handheld and the £350 version will come with the hub as Zero called it which from would I'm gathering is what will make a game run at 1080p 60fps on a TV instead of 900p ?fps on the handheld along with the 4K streaming for Netflix and I'm guessing how you connect extra controllers, ohh and I guess faster charging as well.

I'm just put off by the prices especially in March of course this is all based on rumours and stuff I sort of know.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 27 EmptyFri 14 Oct 2016 - 17:35

I really can't wait for Nintendo to announce this properly, because I try and read technical posts like Mas' just then and my eyes just glaze over.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 27 EmptyFri 14 Oct 2016 - 19:29

Yeah it's easier for them to show it looks like this on this screen and on this screen it looks like this, then we realise we can't really tell the difference with are awful streams.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 27 EmptyFri 14 Oct 2016 - 20:57

Balladeer wrote:
Realisation: I'd probably play a hybrid NX about five times more than a bog-standard home console.

If it hadn't been for Overwatch, I genuinely don't think I'd have turned on my PS4 since Monster Hunter Generations came out. I've been really enamoured with handheld gaming as of late.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 27 EmptySun 16 Oct 2016 - 20:35

Which muppet at Sony decided, 'Hey, we'll make the button with the cross on the primary "confirm" button, that isn't counter-intuitive at all'? Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Balladeer on Sun 16 Oct 2016 - 21:05; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 27 EmptySun 16 Oct 2016 - 21:01

It seems second-nature to me now, but I can see why you'd be having that problem! I think it's the other way round in Japan, at least according to Jas.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 27 EmptySun 16 Oct 2016 - 21:10

I always thought the colours were the bigger indicator, red = bad = deconfirm, blue = good = confirm. Plus its position, Nintendo sticking the a button on the end is a newer thing. Back when the N64 as around the A button was the button closest to the player. Always felt like second nature to me, whereas the Japanese games I've imported always feel a little odd using the circle button instead.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 27 EmptySun 16 Oct 2016 - 21:30

Looking it up again it's because how O & X are viewed in Japan, circle is used for stuff that is correct (Teachers mark correct answers with a circle) & X is  "no, bad, wrong, or cancel" but we (in the West) don't have that hang up.

Since I started out on Nintendo systems it's placement felt weird to me too at first since X is where B is and B was always if you wanted to go back.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 27 EmptySun 16 Oct 2016 - 22:01

I recall Konami games would still have the O to advance through menus in Metal Gear and PES in the West, or is my memory failing me?
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 27 EmptyMon 17 Oct 2016 - 10:33

Up till MGS4, yeah. MGS3 was my first MGS game and I had trouble getting past the menu screen Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 27 EmptyMon 17 Oct 2016 - 17:23

What Jas said but I think it's been the default button in the west as it's the middle button and the first PlayStation controller was based of the SNES controller which B was used for Jump etc in Mario and was in the middle.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 27 EmptyTue 18 Oct 2016 - 20:51

Yeah, what you all said - Sony thought that's where we'd want buttons for "yep" and "nope" - it just turned out that gaming evolved differently.

We need a 4th console manufacturer to put X on the right-hand side, then we've got the full speXtrum.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 27 EmptyMon 24 Oct 2016 - 17:14

Thought: I'm playing through Final Fantasy VII and Dragon Quest VII at the moment.

Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 27 Len-goodman

They're both bloated adventures, sharing the big excesses of the era. Just because you had so much space on a disc didn't mean you had to fill it up, guys! Duh! Also, I don't know about you, but the dialogue in FFVII is awful. No
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 27 EmptyTue 25 Oct 2016 - 15:00

FFVII would have need the space for all the cutscenes etc

With the dialogue, do you think the translations were just bad back then?
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 27 EmptyTue 25 Oct 2016 - 17:17

masofdas wrote:
With the dialogue, do you think the translations were just bad back then?  

Good question. I know that translating large amounts of text for games was very much in its infancy back then and it shows. These days teams of people spend a long time working on the translation until its as correct as possible (though you do still spot the odd thing in Ace Attorney games, for example). Improvements have definitely been made over time, but I wouldn't say older translations were 'bad', as such - they did the best they could at the time.

Last edited by ZeroJones on Thu 27 Oct 2016 - 16:57; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 27 EmptyThu 27 Oct 2016 - 16:50

Yeah but then it could also be rush job or something that doesn't translates well as take World of Final Fantasy one of the characters puts THE in front almost everything.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 27 EmptySun 30 Oct 2016 - 7:36

Question for you fine folks: can y'all recommend me some adventure games on the DS or 3DS? Not action adventure games, but adventure games. Story-driven, use item x on object y sorts of things. I know of the Hotel Dusk, Phoenix Wright, and Zero Escape series: any more for any more? Asking for a friend/person I met once last night.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 27 EmptySun 30 Oct 2016 - 9:11

You could kind of put Professor Layton in there.

Flower, Sun and Rain was the Suda 51 one, it was alright.
Another Code wasn't as good as Hotel Dusk but it was great.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 27 EmptySun 30 Oct 2016 - 10:44

I was going to suggest Broken Sword... it ain't brilliant though, from what I remember.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 27 EmptySun 30 Oct 2016 - 15:54

I think she's played that too. Thanks though Jimbob. And thanks too to Drunka, I've suggested Another Code. We'll see how it pans out. (Not going to lie, she's pretty and that's an aspect of my helpfulness. Embarrassed )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 27 Empty

Back to top Go down

Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~
Page 27 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next