We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~

Go down 
+15
oldschool
Admin
Treesmurf
shanks
The Cappuccino Kid
Jimbob
Vidofnir
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Crumpy Andy
Balladeer
masofdas
Buskalilly
JayMoyles
Athrun888
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 33 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 33 EmptySun 6 Aug 2017 - 9:35

Spla2n! Because I'm not used to the standard dual-stick movement, let alone when you are encouraged to use motion controls for one axis and one axis only. Before that, probably Pit from KIU when on the ground, like everybody else.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 33 EmptySun 6 Aug 2017 - 10:06

You can tilt left & right in Spla2n btw but it's for fine or quick adjustments so you're using it along with the right stick which is why I think most have trouble getting used to it.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 33 EmptySun 6 Aug 2017 - 10:10

Most of mine (recently at least) are due to swapping between similar games: I was going to say Splatoon 2 as well - for the first match every session anyway. Basically, EVERY TIME, I forget that X is no longer jump; it's nice to see the map that shows me falling off a ledge, mind. Also Zelda BOTW and Bloodborne - there's a lot of using up of items / targeting the floor / jumping on the spot.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 33 EmptySun 6 Aug 2017 - 13:34

Super Mario in Galaxy but as we've spoken before I think it's what I'm using (Wiimote + Nunchuck) to control him, not him himself.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 33 EmptySun 6 Aug 2017 - 14:18

That is a good point, mas - some controllers can keep you from showing off all your skillz. I remember in the very distant past telling a friend how good I was at Chuckie Egg (with a joystick). When I went round to his house and had to use a keyboard instead, I was wretched. Aww!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 33 EmptyMon 7 Aug 2017 - 14:54

On the subject of Spla2n's controls, I look at this way: the motion controls are controlling all of my aim, while the sticks are controlling my movement - which happens to include turning.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 33 EmptyMon 7 Aug 2017 - 16:28

I think my biggest problem with the Spatoon motion controls is that the way I naturally hold the controller (gripped joycons in my case) is in such a place as to make my inkling look directly into the sun.

What I'd love is a 'reset feature' such that if you clicked in one of the sticks it 'resets' whatever position you are currently holding the controller in to be the 'natural' neutral zone, ie. looking straight ahead - if that's not possible, some sort of in game calibration in the options would go down a treat. I feel like I'm always wrestling with motion controls and I think a big part of the reason for that Splatoon is determined for one specific spot to constitute that neutral zone. For me, since motion controls lack that physical feedback, it really messes with my noggin when a game demands that specific central point while also having the motion controls deal with up/down +lef/right. For Mario Kart, the steering only cares about left to right so I'm fine. But in a shootybanger that's not going to cut it unless I'm using a wii-mote point and shoot type deal.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 33 EmptyMon 7 Aug 2017 - 16:49

Splatoon 2 has that! Press Y and it centres the controls.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 33 EmptyMon 7 Aug 2017 - 17:18

Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 33 Giphy
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 33 EmptyMon 7 Aug 2017 - 17:38

It's also ace if you ever want to do a quick 180 turn & splat a fool sneaking up on you.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 33 EmptySun 10 Sep 2017 - 20:57

Thought: I used to avoid telling people I was a gamer because it was dorky; now I avoid telling people I'm a gamer because of #Gamergate .
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 33 EmptySun 10 Sep 2017 - 22:05

Is that so?
I never actually use the word "gamer", but I tell people I'm into Nintendo or I'm into this and that. I think I avoid saying "I'm a gamer" because it implies that I base my entire personality around it, and that's what leads to gamergater type dweebs. I wouldn't want to stop telling people I like games, I think I prove myself to be a nice and also woke bloke. I wouldn't want those people to win.

A similar discussion came up recently on the Computer Game Show. David Turner was saying he no longer replies sheepishly or embarassing if someone asks whether he likes games, he just says "yeah I fucking love them."

Embrace it, own it, but be a healthy, well - rounded person at the same time.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 33 EmptyMon 11 Sep 2017 - 1:45

I think games are such a huge thing now that I don't really mind talking to folks about them, but I wouldn't mention the extent of my degeneracy hobby. Nobody needs to know how long I've spent on Persona 5, but I'll happily talk about the fact I'm into games.

But, I'd never class myself as a "gamer". If you like books, I'd roll my eyes if you classed yourself as a "reader".
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 33 EmptyMon 11 Sep 2017 - 5:52

I'm not sure whether I call myself a gamer or not, now I come to think of it. Eh? I think probably not, I'll slide it into a list of other interests (reading, music, cricket etc.).  Gamergate wouldn't be a concern when I do so, though - it'd be more, take your pick about which one you'd like to talk more about.

Also I'm fairly sure cricket is the nerdiest of the interests on that list. Laughing
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 33 EmptyMon 11 Sep 2017 - 10:45

See I would call myself a gamer and you do things like gamergate but I think why it is still considered a bit weird is because of the older generation of people along with some others thinking it's still played by basically the likes of me.

Even though it's the biggest entertainment medium in world, that the stigma is still weird to me.

Now if I talk wrestling then, I certainly get the the funny looks especially if I'm talking NJPW or one of the top indies.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 33 EmptyMon 11 Sep 2017 - 17:31

JayMoyles wrote:
I think games are such a huge thing now that I don't really mind talking to folks about them, but I wouldn't mention the extent of my degeneracy hobby. Nobody needs to know how long I've spent on Persona 5, but I'll happily talk about the fact I'm into games.

But, I'd never class myself as a "gamer". If you like books, I'd roll my eyes if you classed yourself as a "reader".

Bang on. I'll talk about games with folk if they start the conversation ('aye, I like FIFA, that's good' sort of patter), but I'll not go any more into it than that. Wouldn't class myself as a gamer, though that's wishful thinking seeing as I've got about a thousand games and I'm 3374 posts deep into using a gaming internet forum.

Don't tell anyone I'm here. Whistle

Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 33 EmptyMon 11 Sep 2017 - 17:51

My biggest gripe are with those people who are big boring gaming super geeks who hear I play games and then get it into their head I'm their best mate and I want to talk to them about videogames exclusively for hours every time I see them.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 33 EmptyMon 11 Sep 2017 - 19:44

There's a balance there: there's no bigger joy than finding a fellow gamer fan of the ol' video games out of the blue. I had a great chat with the chap who came to fix my broadband because he's a fan of Smash U. But you do get a couple of people who'll cling onto that for dear life. That's less fun.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 33 EmptyMon 11 Sep 2017 - 21:27

See, I worry I am that guy. Maybe that's another reason I keep my gaming hat under my hat.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 33 EmptyMon 11 Sep 2017 - 22:36

Balladeer wrote:
There's a balance there: there's no bigger joy than finding a fellow gamer fan of the ol' video games out of the blue.  I had a great chat with the chap who came to fix my broadband because he's a fan of Smash U.  But you do get a couple of people who'll cling onto that for dear life.  That's less fun.

Was talking about this the other day, when I met my friends Katie and Amelia from back home at the weekend. We're all big Nintendo-playing, Wii U-owning, Pokémon loving weebs and it was so unbelievably lucky we all met working at Tesco.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 33 EmptyMon 25 Sep 2017 - 1:53

I quite fancy getting that new Marvel vs Capcom game.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 33 EmptyMon 25 Sep 2017 - 17:43

Pretty much agree with the consensus Re: Games chat. I can talk about them for hours with Drunky boy but they're hardly the first port of call during a chat in real, and even when I do talk about games I prefer being positive and talking quite generally unless we're both into a particular game.

I'm probably not picking up MvC3. I've no doubt it's a fine game, but I think I'm retiring from the traditional fighter genre, I'm just no good at them, don't put in the time to get good, and can't ever find that perfect opponent whose about as good/bad as me. Non-traditional ones I'll keep coming back to though, Smash or something like Nidhog.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 33 EmptyMon 25 Sep 2017 - 19:08

Muss wrote:
I'm probably not picking up MvC3. I've no doubt it's a fine game, but I think I'm retiring from the traditional fighter genre, I'm just no good at them, don't put in the time to get good, and can't ever find that perfect opponent whose about as good/bad as me. Non-traditional ones I'll keep coming back to though, Smash or something like Nidhog.

Yeah I get that with fighting games too but ever since ARMS I have that itch for more, but then again it might just be the footage I've seen of the Monster hunter fighter swaying me. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 33 EmptyMon 25 Sep 2017 - 19:16

We've already assessed that MonHun can convert you to any genre, Jas! Razz
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 33 EmptyMon 25 Sep 2017 - 19:39

Balladeer wrote:
We've already assessed that MonHun can convert you to any genre, Jas! Razz

I'm generally quite open to most genres tbh so it's not just that plus I seen her paired with Black Panther in the story parts (Wakanda & Val Habar are fused together) who was my absolute favourite thing in Captain America: Civil war. So that idea was cool and I'd like to see more of it.

Balladeer
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 33 Empty

Back to top Go down

Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~
Page 33 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next