We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~

Go down 
+15
oldschool
Admin
Treesmurf
shanks
The Cappuccino Kid
Jimbob
Vidofnir
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Crumpy Andy
Balladeer
masofdas
Buskalilly
JayMoyles
Athrun888
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 34 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 34 EmptyMon 25 Sep 2017 - 20:02

The_Jaster wrote:
10% turn based battles which are 100% balls. Winky Face

So open. Razz

Hey, I'm not going to judge. Without Spla2n's aesthetic there's no way I'd've given a shootybang (shootysplat?) game another go. Unfortunately all that's taught me is that I can't adjust to and enjoy any genre, when presented correctly. I envy those who can.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 34 EmptyMon 25 Sep 2017 - 20:12

Just so you know Jas, the Monster Hunter character is on-disc DLC (great work as always, Capcom) so you wouldn't get her at launch in MVC:I.

Personally, I'll only go for a traditional fighter if I can find a sparring partner or two to play with. I had that with the old NGamer gang and SFIV, and I've had it this year again with Injustice 2 and Andy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 34 EmptyMon 25 Sep 2017 - 20:17

JayMoyles wrote:
Just so you know Jas, the Monster Hunter character is on-disc DLC (great work as always, Capcom)...

Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 34 7ATnXgg
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 34 EmptyMon 25 Sep 2017 - 20:20

It's bonkers. It killed off that Street Fighter/Tekken crossover game and from the looks of things, MVC:I doesn't look like it's doing too well either. Personally, I'd recommend watching the story mode and then just checking out some matches for the Monster Hunter character when she launches.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 34 EmptyMon 25 Sep 2017 - 21:11

MVC: I looks okay and in year with Injustice 2 and Tekken 7, unless you're a huge Marvel or Capcom fan then I wouldn't go near it.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 34 EmptyMon 25 Sep 2017 - 21:20

Balladeer wrote:
The_Jaster wrote:
10% turn based battles which are 100% balls. Winky Face

So open. Razz

Hey, I'm not going to judge.  Without Spla2n's aesthetic there's no way I'd've given a shootybang (shootysplat?) game another go.  Unfortunately all that's taught me is that I can't adjust to and enjoy any genre, when presented correctly.  I envy those who can.

Oh sorry did I hurt your JRPG feelings with that one? Anyway, I knew it was jealousy all this time.  Winky Face  

Obviously I still have my favorites as well but devs come up with so many interesting things I feel like it's shame not to try stuff that might be out my comfort zone, they do still need to do something significant to draw me in first though otherwise I won't bother. (Also Spla2n is a shootysplatformer)

JayMoyles wrote:
Just so you know Jas, the Monster Hunter character is on-disc DLC (great work as always, Capcom) so you wouldn't get her at launch in MVC:I.

Personally, I'll only go for a traditional fighter if I can find a sparring partner or two to play with. I had that with the old NGamer gang and SFIV, and I've had it this year again with Injustice 2 and Andy.

Ahh I did read up a little bit on it and I hadn't noticed that so I'll likely hold off for now then.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 34 EmptyMon 25 Sep 2017 - 22:13

This was going to go in an old PC thread as I've been thinking for the last few months now, especially with things like the talk about DOOM on Switch that I want the best performance I can get for my money.

It's why I played all my 3rd party games on the OG Xbox and so on till this point with the PS4 Pro, I've also said multiple times I think the Xbox One X is an amazing piece of kit but lack of content holds it back for me.

At the moment the PS4 has plenty of games coming to it and I will continue to play on it along with Switch but I'm thinking when the PS5 and Xbox Two are announced in 2019 or whenever (Both PS4 & ONE will be 6 years old in 2019), instead of spending whatever to get a PS5, I will get a decent PC instead.

The biggest thing I've always had an issue with PCs is Japanese support but that getting better every year and I'm not that big on digital for £40+ "AAA" games.

I do feel this is the way forward though for me a decent PC along with my Switch (or whatever the latest Nintendo system is at the time) as I'll get the performance I want from games, I should be able to get most 3rd party games including ones from Japan, Microsoft exclusive on the PC front and all of Nintendo's games on a cool handheld thing.

The only thing I wouldn't have is Sony's first party games, which I do enjoy but I see on here likes of Athrun only recently getting a PS4 after it has been on market for 4 years almost. That I'm thinking I can just wait to get a PS5 when it has The Last of Us Part III, Death Stranding 2 etc not because it has Final Fantasy XVI which I can play on a PC.

Things may change and I'm talking maybe 2 years time, I just had this thought and wanted to share. As I may come to some of you guys for advice, in the future.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 34 EmptyTue 26 Sep 2017 - 12:29

Building a PC and/or getting stuff to run on good PCs these days is pretty easy, and with more and more PS4/Xbox "exclusives" being console exclusive only it's a sensible time to hop over.

That being said if you're anticipating certain performance expectations then welcome to the world of OMG THERE WAS A SINGLE DROPPED FRAME, IS THAT THE GAME'S FAULT OR IS THERE SOMETHING WRONG WITH MY COMPUTER!!?

I also barely use mine for anything other than playing games because while nobody wants a virus or any form of malware, I really, really don't want one on my nice computer.

As for Japanese games, it's really a publisher by publisher case. Konami's MGS5 port was incredible, but until this year they haven't bothered with PES. Koei often don't even bother translating their games before wacking them on Steam and once they are there they very rarely patch them, while Square tend to have a pretty decent port team.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 34 EmptyTue 26 Sep 2017 - 12:36

Y'know for the longest time I ended up constantly misreading Capcom as Crapcom. Don't think I'll be reconsidering that bit of brain and eye malfunctioning any time soon. On-disc dlc, bah.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 34 EmptyWed 27 Sep 2017 - 9:08

I would still have this laptop and would this for things like this Muss and the gaming PC for games and maybe entertainment if it had a 4K Drive in it or something.

Yeah with the exclusives all of Xboxes are on PC and looking at this year on PS4 it's sort of 50/50 but I know Sony's will stay on Sony like with Nintendo, it's hoping that a Persona 6 is on PC not just PS5.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 34 EmptyTue 3 Oct 2017 - 22:47

Ages ago I said something daft like my Nun the Wiser as I said something about making a 2nd person shooter, I always wondered what that would be.

We all know what a 1st and 3rd look like, and I thought I was being daft but on last weeks Game Scoop during 20 questions one of the people on it brought up second person as simliar to like god game like as you don't see in a first person view per se (well unless your god) and not 3rd person as not behind your character.

I always would have called that birds eye view or top down, myself but seems I could make 2nd person shooter.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 34 EmptyTue 3 Oct 2017 - 23:22

A second-person game would be something like Seaman or Hey, You Pikachu! where you're playing as a character interacting with the main character. Technically the DS Zelda games were second person: you played as the fairy, and Link followed you.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 34 EmptyWed 4 Oct 2017 - 1:59

Drunka wrote:
Technically the DS Zelda games were second person: you played as the fairy, and Link followed you.

Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 34 Giphy
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 34 EmptyWed 4 Oct 2017 - 14:12

Anyone ever get to a point in a JRPG where you've had a good time, game's been pretty smashing up to that point, but you just want. It. To. End.

Despite it being my favourite genre I'm finding the sensation to be far more present in me than it ever was a few years back.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 34 EmptyWed 4 Oct 2017 - 14:52

Athrun888 wrote:
Anyone ever get to a point in a JRPG where you've had a good time, game's been pretty smashing up to that point, but you just want.  It.  To.  End.  

Despite it being my favourite genre I'm finding the sensation to be far more present in me than it ever was a few years back.  

Yup that cropped up when I played Xenoblade & I eventually stopped playing it altogether despite enjoying it, of course I'm not the biggest fan of JRPG's but I think a lot of them could do with trimming down their overall play time.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 34 EmptyWed 4 Oct 2017 - 16:27

I get that feeling all the time, more and more as I get older. Its one of the reasons I don't like it when a game's length is brought up as a selling point. I'd rather a 20 hour game that's all killer, no filler and tells its story than a 60 hour slog.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 34 EmptyWed 4 Oct 2017 - 18:04

I know it's not a JRPG, but the length is what stopped Mario & Luigi Dream Team Bros Bros being my favourite 3DS game. And I'm in total(!) agreement with Drunka and Athers: some games are too long and it puts me off, and I fell out with Bravely Default 2 when it outstayed its welcome in my 3DS. I often start and come back to RPG's: Okami springs to mind, and I've not touched DQVIII for a few weeks now. The length is also a factor in my lack of play of Xenoblade Chronicles. Shorter, sharper games are where it's increasingly at.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 34 EmptyWed 4 Oct 2017 - 18:26

I'm odd on this one as I love a short couple hour experience but then I play something like BotW and I'll beta in like 4 days.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 34 EmptyWed 4 Oct 2017 - 19:37

Depends on how good the game is for me. Anyone going to criticise BotW's length? Thought not. The same for me applies for XC and Bravely Second: excellent games the pair of them (yes they are, shush). But if the gameplay's a bit limp, or even just alright, then games can definitely outstay their welcome. Dream Team Bros. is a good example, but the gameplay there was pretty poor anyway. Whereas I'm thinking that MHS, a thoroughly decent game, might be bordering on this now.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 34 EmptyWed 4 Oct 2017 - 20:06

The Persona games can be guilty of that, especially towards the tail end of those games. I think if the story is compelling enough in an RPG then it's easier to follow for its massive play-time, especially considering the gameplay isn't exactly integral to that genre.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 34 EmptyWed 4 Oct 2017 - 22:28

I think there's something wrong with my brain - I often get to the stage where I'm bored of a big adventure, but can't bear the thought of doing the last bit, and so spend hours scooping up side-quests. Having said that, I don't play many JRPGs, so I guess I don't know true pain!
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 34 EmptyWed 4 Oct 2017 - 22:45

Thinking about it, Western RPGs don't have that issue as much. I know people have put hundreds of hours into Witcher 3 by doing all the sidequests but then I know a girl at work beat it in like 20hrs as she only did the story.

They seem to have more choice, if you want the game to super long then it can be.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 34 EmptyWed 4 Oct 2017 - 22:47

Balladeer wrote:
Depends on how good the game is for me.  Anyone going to criticise BotW's length?  Thought not.

I'm not saying short is automatically better, same as long isn't. BOTW has been extraordinary and surprising for the full 100 hours so far.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 34 EmptyThu 5 Oct 2017 - 18:56

It's just whether the game can keep people's attention throughout the time, isn't it? BotW definitely can. Feeds into Jay's point about great stories too. But I reckon we all have a lot less time for busywork once we're twenty hours in, and this can be your average JRPG's downfall: they like to give levels away like orange juice at a church event early doors, and it's towards the end where you have to grind.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 34 EmptyFri 6 Oct 2017 - 23:05

Looking at you, Final Fantasy III... Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 34 Empty

Back to top Go down

Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~
Page 34 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next