We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII

Go down 
+17
Muss
gjones
oldschool
Dead Lemon
Treesmurf
Crumpy Andy
Buskalilly
JayMoyles
Jimbob
fronkhead
Balladeer
Admin
masofdas
The Cappuccino Kid
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Athrun888
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 6 EmptyWed 25 Mar 2015 - 11:09

The point I was making is that there's no such thing as a marmite game, or a marmite anything. It's a narrative people like to create but in reality, people can feel the full range of opinions on any subject.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 6 EmptyWed 25 Mar 2015 - 11:13

Agree on that but I do think people are hating on games now like Bloodborne for no real reason part from it's cool to hate it, if you don't like it after playing it that's fine as that's your opinion but before hand no not really.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 6 EmptyWed 25 Mar 2015 - 11:41

What about when Jas inevitably shoehorns it into every single thread? Winky Face
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 6 EmptyWed 25 Mar 2015 - 11:46

That could be annoying.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 6 EmptyWed 25 Mar 2015 - 12:12

Balladeer wrote:
What about when Jas inevitably shoehorns it into every single thread? Winky Face

I can't wait to see how it works its way into the Guess the Pokemon and the Cricket threads.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 6 EmptyWed 25 Mar 2015 - 12:31

Bloodborne is really making me want a PS4... I'll just have to finally sort out Dark Souls and play DS II on the xbone.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 6 EmptyWed 25 Mar 2015 - 12:47

Hey! do you know how fucking awesome blood.............. *snip* not yet Jas, not yet.

Did I honestly get that annoying with dark souls?

---

As for games I've finished? I have also beaten Metroid Zero mission & Mr Zero hits the nail on the head, it took me a little longer to finish (7 hours) but that's because I wanted to hoover up as may items/upgrades that I could though I only ended with 72% of the items.

It has made me want to starting practising speed runs of it though to see how far I can push it and myself.

Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 6 EmptyWed 25 Mar 2015 - 12:55

I didn't find it annoying because I appreciate the game and everyone on the whole Internet was doing it, not just you.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 6 EmptyWed 25 Mar 2015 - 13:08

Yes, it wasn't just Jas. He's just an easy target, as the forum's biggest From Software fan. :cyclops:
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 6 EmptyWed 25 Mar 2015 - 13:13

Nah, I'm going to be encouraging it - without a PS4, I'll be playing vicariously through YouTube videos and Jas's posts here.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 6 EmptyWed 25 Mar 2015 - 13:15

JayMoyles wrote:
I can't wait to see how it works its way into the Guess the Pokemon and the Cricket threads.

The bowlers have shotguns.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 6 EmptyWed 25 Mar 2015 - 13:15

The_Jaster wrote:
Hey! do you know how fucking awesome blood.............. *snip* not yet Jas, not yet.

Did I honestly get that annoying with dark souls?

---

As for games I've finished? I have also beaten Metroid Zero mission & Mr Zero hits the nail on the head, it took me a little longer to finish (7 hours) but that's because I wanted to hoover up as may items/upgrades that I could though I only ended with 72% of the items.

It has made me want to starting practising speed runs of it though to see how far I can push it and myself.

I got 69% on my time (which is 1% better than my first run through Prime). Zero Mission was made for the phrase 'small but perfectly formed'.

As for your DS talk, what Balla said. Grin
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 6 EmptyWed 25 Mar 2015 - 13:21

Balladeer wrote:
JayMoyles wrote:

The bowlers have shotguns.

Shane Warne transforms into a horrific beast and devours the umpire. (He's a cricket man, right?)

As for Zero Mission, I love how the earlier Metroids are actually designed around speedrunning. Little tricks like walljumping and shinesparking are totally not needed to beat the game, but they allow for such high-level play. It's a perfect sign of how casual and hardcore play can co-exist.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 6 EmptyWed 25 Mar 2015 - 13:23

A bit old and fat now, but he still counts.  Mind you, give some English cricketers a choice between facing Warne the bowler and Warne the Lovecraftian horror, and they'd probably pick the horror.

OH RIGHT, GAMES. Er, I've never been a big fan of rushing through games, especially when all that changes is the ending. Especially Metroidvanias. I want to admire the level design and collect everything. That said, if developers can create games that cater to that and speed-running, more power to them!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 6 EmptyWed 25 Mar 2015 - 13:42

Drunkalilly wrote:
I didn't find it annoying because I appreciate the game and everyone on the whole Internet was doing it, not just you.

JayMoyles wrote:
Nah, I'm going to be encouraging it - without a PS4, I'll be playing vicariously through YouTube videos and Jas's posts here.

These guys get it! Smile Also you know I only crow about games that are fucking great! (shhh balladeer you are wrong about Cave Story Razz )
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 6 EmptyThu 26 Mar 2015 - 0:13

Can I shh Andy & Smurf when I bring up Journey.

Anyway my copy of Bloodborne is here but not played as only just got home but what I've seen of it, it looks awesome and from reviews if you not got a PS4 or ONE and want something to tip you over the edge to go from your PS360. Bloodborne is that difference maker but if you do already have a ONE like Drunka, I wouldn't rush out to get a PS4 just for it. I nearly bought a ONE again for the odd few games but more important things came up like my cars service that even if when scalebound comes out its the best thing ever , it's not worth getting the ONE now for so few ganes & I think drunka in the same boat the PS4 might have a few games you want but is it really worth it. And if your like me you won't have time to play them all anyway.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 6 EmptyThu 26 Mar 2015 - 16:00

masofdas wrote:
Can I shh Andy & Smurf when I bring up Journey.

I am clearly joking as balla is entitled to his opinion & also no because Journey is shit! Razz
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 6 EmptyThu 26 Mar 2015 - 21:17

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 6 Cover_large

Never heard of this? Nah, neither had I. But games with X & Y (such as Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank and Ridge & Racer Type 4) are generally quite good, so I thought this might be worth a bash at £1.79 on the 3DS eShop.

Started it tonight, and right enough I finished it. In one go. One hour and eighteen minutes was my whack. That's it.

It started well, reminding me of games such as Ghost Trick and a decent version of Zack & Wiki in that it's a sort-of point-and-click trial-and-error type game, but it didn't maintain the form. It's broken up into nine very, very short scenes, with few of them being interactive in an interesting way, none of them being particualrly memorable and some of them being utterly rubbish, time-wasting bollocks.

At the £1.79 I paid for it, I hope I'm not grumbling too hard. The art style, animation and free form jazz soundtrack are magic, well and truly first class. But the game itself has little going for it. I'd have been raging had I paid the RRP (£6.29) for this. 3/10.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 6 EmptyFri 27 Mar 2015 - 16:34

Think I read the NintendoLife review of that one, Cap - it sounded horse, though, and you make it sound worse!

~~~

Stealth Inc. 2: A Game Of Clones

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 6 2_Art

Or 'A Game Of Groans', if that pun is anything to go by! Rolling Eyes Stealth Inc. 2 is fun, but maddening fun. You play a clone, grown in a lab, who is testing tech for a shadowy organisation. When the tech is employed correctly, you get to the exit and proceed to the next level through the lab complex (which is annoyingly large). It's basically a puzzler with a trial and error bent, but once you get into the developer's way of thinking, it's mostly a joy. In my opinion, there should have been more buzz about it than there has been - one of my top 5 Wii U eShop games of 2014. Thumbs Up!

16/20
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 6 EmptyFri 27 Mar 2015 - 17:39

There was a fair bit of buzz about Stealth Inc in ONM and on podcasts a while back but Nintendo stuff seems to easily forgotten Sad
The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
Ridge & Racer Type 4

This is a quality gag. Bravo.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 6 EmptyFri 27 Mar 2015 - 17:42

A game I still mean to pick up, although it sounds like I'd get very easily frustrated with it.
Back to top Go down
Dead Lemon
FMK Tagline
Dead Lemon

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 6 EmptySat 28 Mar 2015 - 19:54

Sniper Elite V2 - Xbox 360

Was enjoyable enough but went on a bit and started to drag towards the end. Never get bored of the kill cam though. Highlight was when I took a pot shot and the bullet flew across the map hitting an enemy in the thigh, the bullet when straight through the leg and both bollocks; showing them explode in super slow motion. Was hilarious but wasn't able to replicate it again despite trying my best to do so.

7/10. Would be 6/10 if it weren't for the bawshot.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 6 EmptySun 29 Mar 2015 - 10:14

Dark Souls II

I don't have an opinion on it - I just wanted to sound smug Cool

I'm trying to be careful about this, because I think it's the most fun I've had playing a videogame in a few years, and I think the fact that it's dauntlessly challenging is a good thing. However, I always worry that I don't feel that about other games - Uncharted, for example, I've taken 20 or so goes to get through set pieces, but that feels like a sluggish attempt to re-create the exact set of moves required to get through a situation - almost like a Simon Says. I just want to make sure I'm not kidding myself. But I think where Dark Souls wins is that it lets you make horrible mistakes - other action games are more like "nope - do it again", whereas Dark Souls will even let you remove the levelling-up system from the game; it also remains deliberately obtuse about where to go next, and a severe hammering is usually the first clue that you've gone the wrong way (although it does still arbitratily block things off - in fact more blatantly than other games - "YOU NEED MORE POINTS FOR THIS DOOR TO OPEN, BRO"). However I still think it does the best job of pacing the game without insulting the player's intelligence.

So... 10/10 - I think...
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 6 EmptySun 29 Mar 2015 - 16:26

Dead Lemon wrote:

Was enjoyable enough but went on a bit and started to drag towards the end. Never get bored of the kill cam though. Highlight was when I took a pot shot and the bullet flew across the map hitting an enemy in the thigh, the bullet when straight through the leg and both bollocks; showing them explode in super slow motion. Was hilarious but wasn't able to replicate it again despite trying my best to do so.

Got this free on PC, and I gave up after a couple of hours. I loved using the sniper rifle - likely due to how bloody brilliant the kill cam was - but anytime the game required you to use another weapon I just got bored and frustrated. The other gunplay was just a bit naff, all told.

Jimbob wrote:
Dark Souls II

I'm trying to be careful about this, because I think it's the most fun I've had playing a videogame in a few years, and I think the fact that it's dauntlessly challenging is a good thing.

Yep, definitely agree with that. It never feels particularly unfair when you die, and that's a real credit to how the game is designed.
Back to top Go down
Dead Lemon
FMK Tagline
Dead Lemon

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 6 EmptyMon 30 Mar 2015 - 17:49

JayMoyles wrote:
Dead Lemon wrote:

Got this free on PC, and I gave up after a couple of hours. I loved using the sniper rifle - likely due to how bloody brilliant the kill cam was - but anytime the game required you to use another weapon I just got bored and frustrated. The other gunplay was just a bit naff, all told.

Aye, all non-sniper guns were shite. Fortunately you didn't need to use them very often or for extended periods of time.

Thinking about it I was treating the game as a puzzle game not a shooter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII
Page 6 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next