Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII

Go down 
+17
Muss
gjones
oldschool
Dead Lemon
Treesmurf
Crumpy Andy
Buskalilly
JayMoyles
Jimbob
fronkhead
Balladeer
Admin
masofdas
The Cappuccino Kid
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Athrun888
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 37 EmptySun 8 Jan 2017 - 21:29

Drunkalilly wrote:
What? 4/10 is generous for such a short game!

Yeah, the £:Gigabyte ratio is a disgrace.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 37 EmptyTue 10 Jan 2017 - 23:11

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 37 5744-tekken-tag-tournament-playstation-2-front-cover

Er, Tekken Tag Tournament on the PS2! I actually just wanted a shot of the Tekken Bowl side game again, but you've got to beat the game and unlock all of the characters to play it. That was no hassle. It's still a perfectly agreeable game, and as good now as it was - JESUS CHRIST - seventeen years ago. 8/10.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 37 EmptyWed 11 Jan 2017 - 1:13

Tag was an absolute belter. Tons of characters and with the same fighting pace as 3. I just wish it had tekken force mode and beach ball mode in addition to the bowling. Haven't rated the series as highly since then.

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 37 2887696-e32015-youtube--video-temdplate

Everybody's Gone to the Rapture

It's another walky game, and this ones probably the walkiest. I'll admit, I downloaded this for free via the whatever free game of the month bundle it was in, with the sole intention of using it for a few trophies to get me over a trophy level threshold that had been annoying close to going up for ages, without me buying a new game or beating something challenging. So I followed a trophy run through on youtube.

It's a weird one in that the sci-fi mystery is curiously less interesting than the Emerdale drama that you track said mystery through. By the end of the game I found myself invested enough in certain goings on that I wanted to finish it regardless of any trophy hunting, but there was a huge portion of the early-mid game where I wasn't particularly into it. The pacing is deliberately slow, but it's just too slow for me. It also doesn't feature any real interaction with the environment unless you consider switching tellies on and off sufficient.

There is some pretty moving imagery in certain set pieces, and the score is phenomenal. But that wasn't enough to keep me consistently intrigued.

A gammy leg out of an afternoon stroll
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 37 EmptyWed 11 Jan 2017 - 10:48

When Jay saw you playing it we wondered if maybe you were just homesick.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 37 EmptyWed 11 Jan 2017 - 19:38

Imagine being homesick of Somerset Laughing
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 37 EmptyWed 11 Jan 2017 - 19:41

I haven't heard any racism all day.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 37 EmptyWed 11 Jan 2017 - 19:51

Muss wrote:

Stop Taunton him.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 37 EmptyWed 11 Jan 2017 - 19:56

Muss wrote:

It's lovely like all of the South West part from maybe Bristol and Plymouth.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 37 EmptyWed 11 Jan 2017 - 20:02

Jo and I went down to The Mighty Brizzle for a weekend a couple (?) of years ago when they had the Gromit statues in the city and, from that admittedly limited pool of evidence, it seemed alright. A bit more about it than where I live, at least.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 37 EmptyWed 11 Jan 2017 - 20:11

Admittedly both are places I don't go often as I don't find them to be the nicest of places in the area but both maybe I should as I know Brizzle dies have a few retro game shops.

Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 37 EmptyWed 11 Jan 2017 - 20:31

Bristol's the only good bit!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 37 EmptyWed 11 Jan 2017 - 20:31

Well in Avon yes
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 37 EmptyWed 11 Jan 2017 - 21:04

masofdas wrote:
Well in Avon yes

Yer da yer da, yer da sells avon.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 37 EmptyWed 11 Jan 2017 - 21:14

Weren't Bristol and Bath basically the only bits of Avon, and they joined Avon specifically to stop being associated with Somerset, before Avon was abolished and Bristol literally became it's own authority, and Bath became a part of BANES as separate authority?

But Bristol's the only bit of the South West I'd consider calling home. Friendly city with some quirky bits, but not so much of that gentrification. And actual stuff and goings on what happen round there. Thumbs Up!

Balladeer wrote:
Stop Taunton him

ZING
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 37 EmptyWed 11 Jan 2017 - 21:18

They come under Somerset if you look them up and Bath, I hear is rather nice where I've always found Bristol to bit of a dump from my experiences and I sooner drive the little bit more and go Cardiff.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 37 EmptyWed 11 Jan 2017 - 21:45

The_Jaster wrote:
masofdas wrote:
Well in Avon yes

Yer da yer da, yer da sells avon.

You Avon a laugh mate?

I'm just going to fill this discussion with puns.  Some I can be flexible with, Somerset in stone.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 37 EmptyWed 11 Jan 2017 - 21:49

...and that's how the second Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts thread ended, children. Now, time for bed! Sleep
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 37 EmptyWed 11 Jan 2017 - 21:53

BEST THREAD ENDING EVER

...wait. Eh?
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 37 EmptyWed 11 Jan 2017 - 22:50

No.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 37 EmptyWed 11 Jan 2017 - 23:01

Right. Let's get this sorted.

NO MORE PUNS.

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 37 3xpYHpx

Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 37 EmptyWed 11 Jan 2017 - 23:04

I thought I'd used Confusion super effectively there... Winky Face
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 37 EmptyThu 12 Jan 2017 - 10:02

Yeovil not been finding these funny jay.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 37 EmptyThu 12 Jan 2017 - 10:06

Muss wrote:
Weren't Bristol and Bath basically the only bits of Avon, and they joined Avon specifically to stop being associated with Somerset, before Avon was abolished and Bristol literally became it's own authority, and Bath became a part of BANES as separate authority?

But Bristol's the only bit of the South West I'd consider calling home. Friendly city with some quirky bits, but not so much of that gentrification. And actual stuff and goings on what happen round there.  Thumbs Up!

I'm in North Bristol (near Parkway station) and while Bristol is in my address, we actually fall under South Gloucestershire Council for things like rubbish, council tax etc. Not sure where the cut off is exactly. It's worth noting that Weston-Super-Mare has a Bristol postcode (BS) but is in Somerset. Basically, the whole thing is a mess brought about by too many civil service workers overdoing the cider.

Mas, Bristol seems to be well-regarded as a city. I've lived here for 5 years and noticed that it's popular wiv da yoof - a walk through Stokes Croft's graffiti-heavy streets and the various Banksys highlight the creativity that's here. Just like every city it's got its rough areas (St. Pauls, Southmead...) and posh areas (Clifton) but in comparison to somewhere such as Bath, I could see why Bristol would be viewed as a bit of a dive. I'm originally from Dover and Canterbury is the equivalent to Bath - a nice, if expensive, more middle-class city, whereas Dover is full of poor people.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 37 EmptyThu 12 Jan 2017 - 10:24

Like I said I've not been their many times and times I have not done anything for me for a place to go as it takes me 1hr 5mins according to google and when I can go Cardiff in 1hr 35mins according to google and is far nicer from experience.

It could be worse could be Plymouth.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 37 EmptyThu 12 Jan 2017 - 11:13

Bath is really nice, but it's full of people I want to introduce to a guillotine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 37 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII
Page 37 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next