We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII

Go down 
+17
Muss
gjones
oldschool
Dead Lemon
Treesmurf
Crumpy Andy
Buskalilly
JayMoyles
Jimbob
fronkhead
Balladeer
Admin
masofdas
The Cappuccino Kid
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Athrun888
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 38 EmptyThu 12 Jan 2017 - 11:37

gjones wrote:
Basically, the whole thing is a mess brought about by too many civil service workers overdoing the cider.

That I can believe Laughing
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 38 EmptyThu 12 Jan 2017 - 14:00

Plymouth's alright

Got a good aquarium
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 38 EmptyThu 12 Jan 2017 - 14:32

Whoopie Doo
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 38 EmptyThu 12 Jan 2017 - 15:21

Don't go talking bad about aquariums now mas
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 38 EmptyThu 12 Jan 2017 - 15:22

Nothing wrong with them but more then just Plymouth has them.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 38 EmptyThu 12 Jan 2017 - 15:44

Welcome to the last place you visited thread. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 38 EmptyThu 12 Jan 2017 - 17:12

Wouldn't it be more like places Mas doesn't like in the South West
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 38 EmptyThu 12 Jan 2017 - 17:33

Welcome to Mas' Pedantry Parade. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 38 EmptyThu 12 Jan 2017 - 18:50

Presumably, if Mas is being a pedant, the rest of us are allowed to counter-pedant him... (rubs hands gleefully)
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 38 EmptyThu 12 Jan 2017 - 20:12

You see, this is why I didn't finish Everybody's Gone to the Rapture.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 38 EmptyThu 12 Jan 2017 - 21:45

The_Jaster wrote:

Dying to rename... Grin
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 38 EmptyFri 13 Jan 2017 - 1:14

ZeroJones wrote:
The_Jaster wrote:

Dying to rename... Grin

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 38 19b58e1225577ac5c0e644e9cf12c459
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 38 EmptyMon 16 Jan 2017 - 15:55

I finished Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice!

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 38 Key_art

I'll have extended thoughts going up sometime next week, but this was a cracker, wasn't it? Before launch, I remember Matthew Castle mentioning that this is the best AA game since Trials and Tribulations and I can easily agree with that opinion. I'd even go as far as to say it's better than T&T and points. Sure, there are some dud moments - looking at you, Case 4 - but overall this was a top notch lawyering experience.

I'd argue that you need to play Apollo Justice and Dual Destinies before this as SoJ feels like the end of a second trilogy in the overall series buuuut... more on that later. Winky Face

9/10.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 38 EmptyThu 19 Jan 2017 - 22:00

LEGO MARVEL's Avengers

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 38 Dbf58663-ea74-4aad-bfc7-e92ca4906a11.jpg._CB301881139_

A bit like Picross e7, I feel a bit better towards this LEGO game than the previous one I played. It felt streamlined - by which I mean 'less messing about in hubs'. I am also more of a Marvel man too, to be fair. That said, the levels have the exact same gameplay as the last three of these I've played. LEGO City Undercover Switch can't come soon enough.

13/20
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 38 EmptyThu 19 Jan 2017 - 22:04

Hawkeye there looks a lot like Syndrome from the Incredibles.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 38 EmptyFri 20 Jan 2017 - 9:26

Watch dogs 2

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 38 Watch_Dogs_2

Much better cast of characters than in the first game & at times the story had a fast and furious type of vibe to it, though a certain part fell really flat for me because you just didn't have much interaction with a character or reason to care about them not to mention it took the game in a very clichéd direction which it had done well to avoid up until that point.

The hacking mechanics are as fun as ever especially the new stuff like remote controlling cars to make them swerve off the road etc or creating distractions by making gangs war with each other then maybe getting the Police involved as you slip away unnoticed. Sadly the driving while better than the first game still feels a bit off in places which can make getaways more annoying should you gain a high wanted level, the seamless online play is something more open world games need to do, no waiting in lobbies or even having to deal with loading screens half the time just makes the game world feel even more alive.

Fun game. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 38 EmptySat 21 Jan 2017 - 19:16

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 38 Virginia-PC-Full-Version-Game-Download-e1474984182582

Virginia

Filmplay the game. An interesting twist on the traditional walky man formula, one that pops players into scenes which can expire after a certain amount of time has passed following a given action. E.g. rather than walking down the entire flight of stairs, one starts walking down a few before the scene cuts to an office.

It's an interesting exercise in effective storytelling despite there being zero dialogue in the game. The player is cast into the role of a young FBI operative, put on a case to which there is more than meets the eye. A wonderful soundtrack drives home all the emotional notes, and effectively paces scenes going forward. There's plenty of stuff what goes on and that in the narrative, but perhaps the best part is that the game stars two black women and that seems to have really pissed off a load of internet pricks based on steam reviews. There's a general conception among idiots that this is an "SJW" game, but honestly while race is a theme of the narrative, it's not the focal point (and even if it was, so what?). There's some nice metaphors, and an ambiguous enough ending that doesn't feel like it's lacking, and like Inception, would probably provide enough fuel for a good post-film pizza & chat with friends akin to what would happen if you'd seen this in at the cinema with some of ya boyszz.

Anyway, listen. It's good, worth the £3 I spent on it on a PSN sale and I'd highly recommend it for that price if it ever pops up on sale again. You can go through a playthrough in about 2 hours, and there's a very easy plat waiting for you if you go through it a second time collecting all the missable stuff.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 38 EmptySat 21 Jan 2017 - 19:47

Virginia is a game, I've been recommended a few times but with so much to play at the moment that even at £3, I couldn't justify buying it.

Glad someone on here has played and recommends it as well.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 38 EmptySat 21 Jan 2017 - 20:17

masofdas wrote:
Virginia is a game,
That's good - otherwise Muss was lying.

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 38 Dark_souls_3_cover_art
Dark Souls III
This is a bit obscure this one, so you may not have heard it. Kinda-repeating what I wrote while I was playing it; mechanically it's a slightly-tidier version of the previous games, with all of the bosses going from "this is impossible" to "I got this" in less than 10 goes. It was exciting discovering all of the areas, even the nonsense ones (I take it I don't put Archdragon Peak in the spoilers box just for being a name). There is a bit of bobbins in the story, though. Once again, you're supposed to discover what's going on by reading object descriptions and talking to people at certain times. However (a) there are far to many "hey, it's this guy! Remember him? Yeah!" and (b) far too many "monkey's paw" moments; not knowing whether a mysterious button does a Good Thing or Bad Thing is fine, but at several times you're given an obscure poetic piece of dialogue, with a yes / no prompt without any idea of whether you're going to upset the person. Still an amazing game though. Another 10/10
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 38 EmptySat 21 Jan 2017 - 20:32

You've pretty much captured how I felt about Dark Souls III there, Jimmy. That said, I'm not sure I agree with you about the difficulty. Bosses like the last one, and the Nameless King, are harder than anything in the original game, if you try going back. When I replayed Dark Souls I was breezing some of those guys. I think we've all just gotten better!
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 38 EmptySat 21 Jan 2017 - 20:48

Maybe... but I don't want to go back to Anor Londo and take on Fatty and Skinny again!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 38 EmptySat 21 Jan 2017 - 20:56

Jimbob wrote:
Maybe... but I don't want to go back to Anor Londo and take on Fatty and Skinny again!

Just picture them this way and you'll be fine.

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 38 53d
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 38 EmptyMon 23 Jan 2017 - 15:05

Unravel
Coldwood Interactive, 2016
Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 38 110

This is just a nice game. That's not a word I see used all that often to describe games. They can be dark and violent, clever and interesting, bright and fun, fast and thrilling, sad and thought-provoking, but I rarely enjoy myself so much with a game that's just sedate, and pleasant, and very very nice.

Unravel is slow paced, and never particularly taxing. Even when it does occasionally demand tricky platforming, there's rarely much danger. Evenin sections where Yarny can be bashed by a crab, or drowned, checkpoints are plentiful. It was never frustrating or stressful. Sometimes it bordered on boring, but by just playing a level at a time here or there, it was a lovely little game to unwind with.

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 38 210

Obviously, it looks gorgeous. This is a game that uses the power of modern machines to zoom right in on the little details. Flowers, snowballs, rusty cogs and gears, batteries and animals are brought to life in loving detail. It has that Pikmin feeling to it. The music, meanwhile, is Earthy and acoustic and gorgeous.

There's a sort of story and some vague themes, with an old lady losing her memories and knitting a little companion or something. I didn't comeaway with a strong idea of the narrative but I don't want to. It made me feel nostagic and whistful, it made me like nature more than machinery, it made me feel the weather and look at the world through a different eye. An animal which I might sprint past in another game is a backdrop to half a level here.

There are obvious comparisons to Nintendo games like Yoshi's Wooly World and Kirby's Epic Yarn,or Chibi Robo: Ziplash, but it doesn't really play like a Nintendo game. There is platforming and there are secrets to pick up, but the interaction is never the point of the game. This is just a journey through a pretty world.

Nice
Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 38 EmptyMon 23 Jan 2017 - 23:08

Aw. I sort of like it, but I think it's going to make me sad if I play it!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 38 EmptyMon 23 Jan 2017 - 23:47

Jimbob wrote:
Aw. I sort of like it, but I think it's going to make me sad if I play it!

It was sad, but in quite a pleasant way. If that makes any sense at all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 38 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next